Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by WriterGirl101



I awoke the next morning feeling joyful.  Perry- excuse me- Vincent, invited me to dinner with him at a surprise area. I accepted and told my mother and sister of my plans. They both looked skeptical at first but they also saw that I was happy again, after weeks of grieving.

          The day went by incredibly slowly. I cleaned dishes, straightened my room, read, even started packing for college but nothing I did could pass the day faster. My mother noticed me fidgeting around and called me over to her. “Dear, you’re about as hyper as the Road Runner. Sit down for a minute.”

          I sat for about five seconds before I was up again. “Mom, come help me pack.” I told her. Upstairs in my room, I was once more pulling stuff out. “What do you need for this college? Which one are you going to again?” Mom asked, pulling out certain trinkets and such. “I’m going to Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. And I don’t know; I need college stuff.” I reminded her.

          “What kind of parties do you plan on going to? You need stuff to wear for those don’t you?”

“Mother. You know I don’t do parties and such. They’re so not my scene.”

“Yes, but what if you meet someone and they invite you to one and you decide to go? Or what if you were invited on a date?”

“Fine, pack some cute dresses of mine then.” After a while, we finished packing up my boxes.

          Finally after what seemed like years later, Vincent drove up to take me off.  What I wore for my “date” was a dress with a crimson skirt and a black, velvet top. It had long sleeves. I left my hair down, but made a braided crown. I thought it was a little much, but my mom asked me to wear it.

          As I opened the door to my room Death was there, waiting. I squealed, slamming my door shut. My hallucinations were getting worse. I took a deep shuddering breath, and turned to open my door. Slowly at first, I crept it open a crack. He was gone and in his place was my mom.

          She gave me a quizzical look and I simply responded “Spider.” She nodded. As I stepped out, she gasped. “You look so beautiful!” She exclaimed. I blushed, moving down the stairs to meet him. He was at the bottom staring up at me, mouth opened wide. My sister elbowed him, and then whispered something about how weird it would be if her principal became her brother.

          I chuckled, moving closer. I looked behind Vincent, seeing movement. Once again, I saw Death. I ignored it as I got to Vincent. He hugged me and whispered ‘beautiful’ into my ear.

 

 

 

                    Vincent blindfolded me when we got past city limits. He told me that where we were going was a surprise. We stopped and Vincent removed the cloth from my eyes. We were in a cemetery. He saw the confusion on my face and explained. “Your mother told me you’ve always wanted a date here. She explained that they give you a sense of peace.

          I smiled, touched by his gesture. He took my hand and led me to a clearing in the grass. There were candles set up in a circle and a blanket inside of them.

          Something touched my back and I turned to look. Death. “Why can’t you leave me alone?” I shouted. “What, why?” Vincent asked me. “Oh, I’m- I’m sorry. I- I just keep having hallucinations of Michael. It’s- it’s just stress is all.” Then once again, the world around me went black.

          And once again, I woke up in a forest. Ughhh.... 



© 2015 WriterGirl101


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how you end most chapters with a cliffhanger. Great job again Writergirl.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Thank you. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Added on October 16, 2015
Last Updated on October 16, 2015


Author

WriterGirl101
WriterGirl101

Fitzgerald, GA



About
My name is Sam, I enjoy to write and read, I love anime and Supernatural. I am a total nerd. My dreams are to become a published author and to visit Ireland. My biggest fears are being completely alon.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by WriterGirl101


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by WriterGirl101