Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by WriterGirl101

I stared up at Vincent’s blue eyes, debating on how much to tell him. I stood up, dragging him with me. We walked outside, Vincent took my hand, and when I was sure we were alone I began speaking.

“I dreamed of him again.” I stated. Vincent winced, as if I’d physically hurt him.

“What did it say?” he asked me.


                I looked down at my shoes, kicked a pebble, anything while I mentally prepared myself. Vincent pulled me closer into his arms. He knew it was bad.


“I- I am destined to die... to die a painful death. That, that if I died and joined him, I would be saved from pain... So basically, either way, I will die soon.”


“No... Maybe he’s lying. Or maybe it was just a normal dream. A nightmare...? I’m sure that’s all it was.”

                I shook my head. We both knew the truth. We both saw him at the graveyard; we both knew it was real.


“Rose...” Vincent mumbled in my hair. He began shaking slightly. I could tell he was holding back tears.


“My mother isn’t going to make it either.” I sobbed against his chest. “My whole world is falling apart.”


                We stood there in silence for a while before we heard someone behind us. I looked up to see a nurse. My heart exploded in my chest because I knew what happened. Mom was gone.


“Are you the daughter of Constance Morde?” she asked me


“I am...” I answered. Vincent pulled back, still holding me tightly.


“She wishes to see you.” I sighed in relief. She wasn’t gone yet.


                I nodded as Vincent and I headed to her room. She was sitting up in bed and she looked deathly pale. I went to her bedside, Vincent refusing to let me go. Mom grasped my hand. Hers was cold and shaking. I looked deep into her eyes and I could tell she knew everything.


“Rose, I am dying.” She stated simply. I began crying again, it would never end, and nodded. “I want to say goodbye. I love you and your sister dearly. I know you are facing a terrible decision and just know, you will find the light no matter what you choose. Where is your sister?”


                As if on cue, Ashley came into the room. She took one look at the three of us and broke down in tears. Mom gripped Ashley’s hand next, kissing it. In the next moment, the monitor went off. Mom was dead. My whole body started shaking. If Vincent wasn’t there I would’ve fallen to the ground. I sobbed on his shoulder as he caressed my hair. Seconds later nurses were there trying to revive her. Vincent pulled me out of the room and out of the hospital.


                He led me to a cab and we rode home in silence. When we got to the house, he took my keys to unlock the door. When the door was opened he picked me up and carried me in. I had no energy to protest. I just lied in his arms, unmoving. He carried me up the stairs to my room, laid me down on the bed, and then crawled next to me, pulling me close. I remained unmoving, sniffling, tears silently and slowly crawling down my cheeks. It felt to me like the tears would never stop.


                Vincent was quiet himself; saddened by my news. I could tell he truly loved me. The message was there, bright as the day. He didn’t want to lose me, but no matter what I chose, my near death was inevitable. Thinking of that just causes my tears to come faster. Then I felt someone else’s tears. Vincent was crying himself. I cuddled closer to him, burying my face again in his hair. I am so torn apart.

               

 

                I woke later in the day, still in my lovers’ arms. I don’t remember falling asleep, or dreaming. I was no longer crying. I felt nothing. I felt numb to every emotion and pain. I accept my fate. I have decided that I will join my father. I do not wish to die in agony, alone, under water. Vincent snored quietly beside me as I carefully removed his arms from my waist to get up. At first I could not even stand, but after a moment I began to walk down the stairs to the kitchen. My legs were weak and shaky. My hands shook violently, my head began to hurt. All the pain I had gotten rid of suddenly flooded back into my mind and I fell to my knees. I lost my breath and gasped, trying to drag air back into my lungs. Strong arms grabbed me and pulled me up. I felt myself being carried to the couch.


“Rose.” Vincent called, trying to get my attention. He lied me down as I looked up to see him have a worried expression.


“I- I’m alright. I’m sorry.” I told him quietly.


“Are you hungry?” He asked. I nodded a yes and he moved away. I instantly missed his presence and almost called him back, but then I felt pain in my stomach. I needed food.


                Moments later Vincent brought me a large sandwich and chips. He brought me a large glass of soda and sat down in front of me. I ate greedily, realizing I haven’t eaten all day. When I was done I thanked him as he once again pulled me into his arms. I wish he would say something. The silence hurt me more than anything.


“Vincent. What am I going to do?” I asked...


“I don’t know.” He sighed. “I will die with you.”


“No. No you will not.” I gasped.


                “Rose, I have loved you since I started working at that school and when I can finally call you mine you are going to be ripped away and that is not fair. I have nothing else to live for now. My parents are gone, I have no siblings, and I have no true friends, no aunts, uncles, anything. I have no dreams. You are truly the only person on this planet that I have. The only other thing I have is my faith, but I can have that even in death. If you are really destined to die, then I’ll lose you, and there will be nothing else to live for.” His voice broke on the last word as he began to cry on my shoulder.


                I was overjoyed to be loved so much, but saddened that when I died he would be in such pain. I wouldn’t let him die because of me though either. It wasn’t right. I held him close, holding back my own tears which threatened to yet again over flow. Eventually Vincent calmed down enough to speak again.


“Let’s get out of here. There are too many painful memories. You need to get away.”


“Okay, sure. But where would we go?” I asked him


“I own a small cabin a few states from here. We could go up there for a while. It’s quiet, relaxing, and you could just get some fresh air and clear your mind.”


“I like the sound of that.” I smiled at him.


“I had hoped you would.”


“We, we would have to leave soon though, if we really did go...” I sighed. Vincent’s grip on me tightened and I winced.


“Let’s leave tonight. You can say goodbye to your sister and we’ll be back in a week or so.” Vincent said.


“I can’t leave Ashley here alone. We just lost our mother; she’d need someone here for her.”


“You’re right; tomorrow then? Please?” He begged me.


“Yes. That’s a promise. I will.”

Why not? I was going to die soon, right?



© 2016 WriterGirl101


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have only read this chapter but I loved it!!! I am definitely going to read this!!! My only complaints are very small but important: grammatical errors and past/present tense intermingling. Watch out for that stuff!!! Overall it was a great read!!!! Happy Holidays!
-Jamie

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much.. :)



Reviews

I have only read this chapter but I loved it!!! I am definitely going to read this!!! My only complaints are very small but important: grammatical errors and past/present tense intermingling. Watch out for that stuff!!! Overall it was a great read!!!! Happy Holidays!
-Jamie

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much.. :)
I love it :) I have a suspicion about when it comes to her drowning, but I might be wrong, thus I won't say anything and just keep reading. I love reading this book and looking forward to the next chapter.

Posted 8 Years Ago


WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Thank you... It's honestly your reviews that keep me going sometimes.. :)
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Aww I'm glad then. I'm more then happy to review your work :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 26, 2015
Last Updated on February 14, 2016


Author

WriterGirl101
WriterGirl101

Fitzgerald, GA



About
My name is Sam, I enjoy to write and read, I love anime and Supernatural. I am a total nerd. My dreams are to become a published author and to visit Ireland. My biggest fears are being completely alon.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by WriterGirl101


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by WriterGirl101