Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by WriterGirl101

*Ashley’s point of view*

                I received a call from Rosaline early in the morning. I was still asleep at a friends’ house, so it took a minute to answer the phone. When I got the news about our mom I quickly woke Jaylynn and told her I had to leave. I did not even bother dressing as I threw on my shoes, ran down carpeted steps, and jumped in my car. I do not remember much as drove to the hospital. I got stopped twice for speeding which took forever each time. I then got stuck in traffic for some strange reason. In a town this small, there is almost never any traffic. It lasted about an hour before I was able to move on. After that it was red-light after red-light. It was obvious someone, or something, was trying to stop me.


                I do not really remember much, but when I finally got to the hospital, a blonde, petite nurse escorted me to mothers’ room. I took one look at my mom’s pale, sunken frame, and my sister’s saddened, tear-covered face, and burst to tears. We all knew that mom’s time was close to an end. Mom gripped my hand and kissed it. The next minute, she died. I sort of collapsed in the chair behind me sobbing. It felt like someone had ripped my heart out and stomped on it. I went numb to all physical feelings as I felt so emotionally hurt. Nurses and doctors rushed in working on mom but failed.


                All I remember after that is curling up into the chair as nurses tried to comfort me. Rose left with Principal Perry, leaving me alone. It kind of added to the hurt, but I understood. It was probably best if she left right now anyways. Someone handed me a tissue box and a blanket as I lied there sniffling. Eventually, maybe an hour later, they wheeled mom’s body out and I got up to leave. I did not feel like going home now, so I drove to a small bar near the hospital. The bar was an Irish pub called O’Malley’s. It was a fairly large place with two stories. The inside was slightly crowded as I made my way to order a couple of shots. I sat down on a worn, green stool, asking the bartender to make me anything. He was a young looking man; 20, maybe 21. He was definitely Irish, maybe the owner, or the owners’ son. He had red hair, deep green eyes, and he was slim and muscular. He was very good looking I had to admit.


“How old are you?” He asked me with a thick Scottish accent.


“21” I lied.


“Identification?” He asked.


                I pulled out the fake ID that Jeffery made me and handed it to him. He took one look at it and chuckled, which only made me grimace. That card worked everywhere else. I looked up into his bright, green eyes that held only seriousness. He frowned at me.


“I can tell a fake ID when I see one, no matter how good they are. I refuse to sell to a minor.” He remarked, trashing my card.


“Hey! That is not fake.” I grumbled.


“Aye, yes it is dearie. Tell me something will ya?” He replied.


“What?” I asked, getting up to leave.


“What would a beautiful young lad like you be doing in a place like this, looking for shots?” He asked, reaching out to touch my arm.


“It is none of your business.” I replied.


“Hey, maybe I’ll give you something light, only one, if you tell me what’s wrong.” He pleaded.


“Why do you care?” I asked, looking at him again.


“Because, love, I do not like seeing beautiful young ladies hurting.” He said sincerely.


                I sighed and sat back on the stool. I looked deep into his beautiful green eyes and saw nothing but true concern. He held a light beer in his hands, almost tauntingly.


“My mother,” I stopped, a lump forming in my throat “she, died today, at a hospital. And, my sisters’ boyfriend, he died just a few months ago, and, it is all jus-” I could not continue any longer as sorrow over took me. I sat there, silently sobbing, until I felt a warm hand on mine.


“I am very sorry about your mother dear. Here’s your drink, on the house.” The man said, placing the drink in front of me on the counter.


“Thank you... What, what is your name?” I asked.


“Seamus. The name is Seamus O’Malley. What is yours?”


“My name is Ashley Morde.” I told him, opening the bottle. I practically gulped the whole thing down in one swallow. “Can I have another one?” I asked, finishing.


“No, I promised you one.”


“Come on, just one more; a small one?” I begged.


“I’m sorry, but you are still a minor.” He replied.


“Fine, I’ll leave then.” I sighed.


 “Why don’t I drive you home tonight?” He asked.


“I will be fine, but thank you.” I said getting up to leave.


“No, I don’t mind. It would be safer.” He said.


“Fine.” I told him, leaving with him trailing behind.


                We got out to my car and, as I prepared to get in the drivers’ seat, he grabbed my wrist. I looked up at him. “Keys?” I thought about it for a moment and handed them over with a sigh. I know, it could’ve been dangerous, but I was slightly buzzed and the guy seemed nice enough. As I got in on the passengers’ side he started up the car. I pointed the way to the house and he drove slowly, asking me random questions, cracking jokes, and just being nice. The ride was nice as I watched dark homes and trees passing by. The more I talked to Seamus, the more I realized I was falling for him.


                I have a boyfriend, I cannot like this guy! I mentally shouted at myself. But then again, Jeffery was an a*s; always demanding me to do stuff for him, always putting me down, and only paying attention to me when he wanted something. He never once tries to comfort me the way Seamus did. He was just a druggie looking for sex and his next high. Why am I thinking these things?? None of this is true. I mean, he really is a good guy, right? Wrong. I cannot believe it took a stranger in a pub to make me realize that...


 Maybe it was just my slightly buzzed mind, but as we finally pulled up to the house I leaned over and kissed Seamus’ lips. At first he didn’t move, but then he placed his hands on my shoulders and pushed me back. I frowned, but noticed his small smirk.


“You are a very beautiful young lady, but I think I should take you out sometime first.” He chuckled.


I smiled, and then asked “Would you?”


“I think I’d like to.” He replied. I smiled and moved away.


“How are you going to get back? Do you want to use my car?” I asked, realizing he drove me in mine.


“I can call a cab.” He chuckled, stepping out.


                I opened my own door and stepped out to the pavement. He hugged me as I whispered thanks in his ear. I took my keys back from him and walked up to our front door unlocking it and stepping in. He waved as I closed the door, him already calling the cab.

 

                I stepped into the house and the first thing that hit me was moms’ familiar smell. With a heavy heart I walked into the living room seeing Rose and Principal Perry asleep on the couch. It wasn’t until then that I noticed my sisters’ terrible health. Her eyes were sunken in, with black bags beneath them; she was paler than normal, and more thin; frailer. These deaths were taking a serious toll on her, but something in the back of my mind kept saying it was something else.


                I turned off the television and marched up the stairs. I was still grief stricken and now I had the fact that I accepted a date with another guy. I also had in mind to discover what was really wrong with my sister. 



© 2016 WriterGirl101


Author's Note

WriterGirl101
Seamus= Shay + mus

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

u tell a great story, well done

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Thank you... :)
Loved it... At first I forgot who Ashley was lol. I'm not too sure but when Seamus says "what would a young beautiful lad," correct me if I'm wrong but don't the Irish call guys lad and girls lass? I love the switch of point of view and curious to see what happens next with Ashley. This is really good and can't wait to read the next chapter :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Thank you, so much... :)) And I'm actually not sure lol, I want to look that up now.. XD XD
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

My pleasure :) And haha OK cool lol XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 28, 2015
Last Updated on February 14, 2016


Author

WriterGirl101
WriterGirl101

Fitzgerald, GA



About
My name is Sam, I enjoy to write and read, I love anime and Supernatural. I am a total nerd. My dreams are to become a published author and to visit Ireland. My biggest fears are being completely alon.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by WriterGirl101


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by WriterGirl101