Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by WriterGirl101

          I sighed as I sat next to him on my bed. “My mum knows that you’re here.” I told him. He nodded; “I heard. You know, there’s no way I’ll willingly let you go after that.”


“Yes, I thought so. I don’t want to go, but it is too late. I’ve already agreed to go with him.”


“No, it’s never too late. We can figure this out.”


“Okay, so what’s the plan? I can’t exactly tell him no. I have already tried that.”


“I don’t know; let’s just think about it for a little.”


“Mkay, let’s go downstairs and find mom. I think it’s time I told her everything.”


            So we got up and went down the stairs. Mom wasn’t on the couch like before so we went looking for her. “Mom!” I called out. She didn’t answer.  Vincent and I searched the living room and kitchen. She wasn’t there. Did she leave?  I went to look in her room and she was there on the floor.


            “Mom, are you alright?” I cried out, rushing to her side. She was very pale and cold to the touch. Vincent was close behind and watched while I checked her pulse and breathing. She was alive. I sighed in relief while Vincent called an ambulance. I tried waking her, slapping her cheeks and stuff. She whimpered but after that was silent.


            After a minute the ambulance got here. They stopped in our yard and Vincent rushed to allow them in. I stayed by my mothers’ side. They checked her pulse and loaded her up on the stretcher. Vincent and I followed them out and I asked to ride with her. One of the paramedics helped me up, climbed in after me and shut the doors. They began working on her, trying to bring her back to consciousness.


            I was terrified. Losing Michael was enough for right now; I didn’t need to lose my mom too. I called Ashley and explained what was going on, as she was at a friend’s house. When that was done I called Vincent and he told me he was following behind. The ride was long and horrible. The driver was constantly talking, telling stories.


“...and that’s how I ended up with this teeny scar on my... and so then I said... and then she laughed...”


            The paramedics were working on my mother, checking her heart beat, blood pressure, and other stuff. I felt exhausted and anxious. I felt my own heartbeat race as I thought of her dying and I took deep breaths. I can’t think that way. We finally pulled up to the hospital and I let out a small smile.


            We jumped out and mom was wheeled into a room. Vincent came through the doors right after us. We were made to remain in the waiting room and I marched back and forth continuously. As I paced, I noticed the details in the waiting room. The walls were white, a blue strip in the center around the room. There were very little people here and the ones that were were all asleep or reading. The receptionist was a little old lady with white hair. She was typing away at the computer. Vincent watched me pacing until he couldn’t stand it any longer. He pulled me into his lap and held me there. I tried to pull away but he held firm. Eventually I relaxed, lying my head on his shoulder, burying my face in his beautiful black hair.


            He smelled so amazing. How did I pass this man up for so long? I sigh as he brushes his fingers through my hair. I began to cry for my mother. I didn’t want to lose her. I may lose my mind. Vincent pulled me closer whispering in my ear, just telling me that everything would be okay and that he was here.. I fell asleep lying there and like always, I was haunted by dreams of Death. Would it never end? Would I spend the rest of my day dreaming of him? Why could I not get a break?


            I woke up in the now very familiar forest with Death standing there.


“What could you possibly want?” I asked him.

“Your mother is dying.” He stated.


“No. No, she isn’t. They will save her.”  I said.


“No, they can not. She will die soon.”


“Can’t you save her?” I begged.


“I can not. I reap souls. I can not take the souls of the living, nor can I save them. I am only trying to warn you.”


“Why?” I ask.


“Because, though you do not yet fully believe, I am still your father, and I wish to prepare you.”


“If you’re my father, then why are you so desperate for me to die and join you?” I shout at him.


“Because... It is your destiny to die a terribly painful death; very soon. I was hoping to save you the pain. If you die your own way, it will be much less pain for you.”


I gasped.


“How-” I was afraid to ask, but I needed to know. “How am I supposed to die?”


“You do not wish to know.”


“I do! I want to know, because you are asking me to kill myself. So tell me!”


Death sighed, again it sounded like wind shifting leaves, and began to explain.


“You drown. In a lake. I will not tell you where or when because no matter what you do, you will not change your fate. I am only trying to save you.”


            The dream faded away and I woke in Vincent's' arms, crying. He looked down at me, worry in his eyes. How was I to tell him?



© 2016 WriterGirl101


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is still really good despite it being shorter then the other chapters. I wasn't expecting the heart attack it surprised me. As for the writers block I don't know this is probably a bad idea cuz I'm not really creative but maybe death would threaten to kill the people she loved if drone didn't join him in Death. But great chapter and i'm looking forward to reading the next chapter :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

That is a wonderful idea, I'll definitely take it into consideration... :)
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)



Reviews

Definately love the part you added to this chapter. It is a great idea and hopefully it would lead you to write more chapters to this amazing book. Can't wait to read more :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Awesome can't wait to read it :)
WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

I'll update ya...
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you...
This is still really good despite it being shorter then the other chapters. I wasn't expecting the heart attack it surprised me. As for the writers block I don't know this is probably a bad idea cuz I'm not really creative but maybe death would threaten to kill the people she loved if drone didn't join him in Death. But great chapter and i'm looking forward to reading the next chapter :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

That is a wonderful idea, I'll definitely take it into consideration... :)
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2015
Last Updated on February 14, 2016


Author

WriterGirl101
WriterGirl101

Fitzgerald, GA



About
My name is Sam, I enjoy to write and read, I love anime and Supernatural. I am a total nerd. My dreams are to become a published author and to visit Ireland. My biggest fears are being completely alon.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by WriterGirl101


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by WriterGirl101