Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by WriterGirl101

Panic. All I felt was panic. I got up off the floor, trying to open my door, while watching him just stand there. He looked the same as he always had, but paler, deader looking. Then the tears came. I cried uncontrollably, sobbing, snotting, my face completely contorted in a mask of grief and horror.

         I couldn’t even open the door by then. I was struck down at his mercy. I just went to my knees, watching him, watching me. He only had a curious look on his face. He had no look of recognition on his poor, dead blue face. My heart exploded, seeing him like this. His God should have taken him, so I was upset to see that he was stuck on this realm, not his Heaven, if it was real.

          Mom rushed in, knocking the door into the wall. She saw me on the floor, crying, and looked around, trying to see what was wrong. It was obvious that she couldn’t see him. She couldn’t see the ghost of my dead boyfriend.

          “What’s wrong?” my mother asked, staring at me. “I-I- I just- I got upset about Michael again. I was just thinking about him, and it got to me.” I told her. “Tomorrow’s graduation, do you think you can do it?” Mom asked, looking concerned, and possibly thinking I was going nuts. “I can. It only happens once, and I can’t let my grief control me.” I told her, more confident now.

          The ghost of Michael was gone. I stood up, and went to my bathroom to wash down my face. I needed to get a grip, because I may actually be going crazy. I checked myself in the mirror, and prepared to go back the school; the last week before graduation.

          My sister asked if I wanted to ride with her, but I told her I’d drive my car. Then I asked her to ride with me. She nodded her thanks, and we drove to school in silence, and Ashley kept glancing at me out of the corner of her eye, obviously worried. When we got to the student parking, I turned and smiled at her, to show I’m alright.

“If you need to leave school early, let me know, and I’ll catch a ride today.” Ashley said, grabbing her bag.

“I’ll be fine, but I’ll let you know if anything happens.” I smiled, grabbing my own bag.

          She nodded, then got out, heading to the school building.  I took a breath, and prepared myself for the attention I knew I’d get today. I opened the door, and stepped out......

 

          The day went by surprisingly well. There were a few “sorry for your loss comments, but not many, so I could go about my day normally, and by the end of the week, I was fully prepared for graduation. The weird apparition hasn’t reappeared. On the day of graduation, I was sitting in my car, staring at the football field, terrified. When this was done, my young life will be over. In just two months I will be packing up to move to college. My adult life will begin, and I am terrified.

          I took a big sigh, gathered my cap and gown, and went to dress. Our cap and gown was black and blue, our school colors, and underneath my gown, I would be wearing my best black dress. To add a little color I wore my bright red heels, with red lipstick, and eyeshadow that matched the gown. 

          I got ready, and then walked out. After about six or seven people were called, my name was finally called out. I graduated with honors. I was relieved, and afterwards, we were able to throw our caps, and meet our family, etc., grad stuff. My whole family from cousins, to aunts and uncles, grandparents, they all came out to see me graduate. I gave thanks and hugs and kisses, and then it was all over.

          At home we sat back and relaxed, and for once, I felt great. I haven’t had the dreams since Michaels funeral, haven’t seen the weird spirit anymore after that one time. But we were having a graduation/farewell party as well, so that would soon stress me out getting ready for it. We were having that at the football field as well, so every grad student can participate, as long as you help out with decorating, planning, etc.

         

 



But little did I know that decorating wasn’t the thing I had to worry about.



© 2015 WriterGirl101


Author's Note

WriterGirl101
Another cliff hanger......... ]:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes I like the very last line. Great job again :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Added on July 24, 2015
Last Updated on August 4, 2015


Author

WriterGirl101
WriterGirl101

Fitzgerald, GA



About
My name is Sam, I enjoy to write and read, I love anime and Supernatural. I am a total nerd. My dreams are to become a published author and to visit Ireland. My biggest fears are being completely alon.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by WriterGirl101


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by WriterGirl101