Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by WriterGirl101

    I woke up in my room. Mom was standing over me with a water glass in her hand. A man, a doctor, was standing over me, examining my eyes. I looked up at him, and he smiled. “She seems to be awake.” The man acknowledged.

          I sat up, rubbing my head. “What happened?” I asked mother. “You passed out at the funeral. You kept saying there was a guy dressed up as a, Grim Reaper, there.” She explained.

          It all came back. He was real, and he was there. Damn, I am going crazy! “Oh yeah, it must have been the depression and the heat making me see things. It was stupid. I’m sorry.” I replied. “Oh, baby, it’s okay. And it is totally understandable. I mean, I was the same way when your father died. I didn’t see things, but we all experience grief differently.” With that, she handed me my glass, hugged me, and she and the doctor left the room.

          I listened to them talking for a minute, and then got up to take a shower. The hot water felt really nice, and I stayed there for a long time, singing along to Michael Jacksons’ song Billy Jean and Scream. When I got out, I couldn’t even see in front of me because there was so much steam. It was like a sauna, and when I opened the door, the steam just poured out.

          I lied on my bed, and thought back on what happened at the funeral. I wonder if what I saw was real, if I really was “contacted” or whatever by “Death”. Maybe it really was just stress and grief. It seemed so real. But the dreams as well seemed so real.

The Dreams!

        I’ve been having those dreams too. But maybe I had the hallucinations because of the dreams, and that’s all there is to it? I DON’T KNOW!!!! I wish I did.

          I threw my pillow across the room and it hit the wall with surprising force. It hit the blue and white vase on my dresser, and the vase fell, shattering. I groaned, and got up to pick up all the pieces. Mom came in seconds later to check in on me.

“What happened?” She asked me.

“I just knocked it over. I’m sorry.”

          She nodded, and bent to help me pick up, and then brought in a vacuum to pick up all the tiniest shards. She got up with a groan, her back pain kicking in again. She looked at me and her eyes narrowed. “Give me your hand.” She demands. I hold up my hands, and my right one had a small gash, and was bleeding profusely.

          “Let’s go to the kitchen and I’ll clean that up too.” So I got up and followed her out. After she cleaned it, she wrapped it up. “Be careful next time.” She commented.  I nodded, and headed back to my room. When I got there, I closed my door, and leaned my back against it, sighing. I looked up at my room, and screamed.

 

 

 

 

He was there, standing the middle of the room, staring.



© 2015 WriterGirl101


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha another great cliff hanger. Each chapter I read makes me want to keep on reading more :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ohhhhhhhh love the cliff hanger! Can't wait for more! :3

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Lol, in my opinion, it gets better.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 24, 2015
Last Updated on October 14, 2015


Author

WriterGirl101
WriterGirl101

Fitzgerald, GA



About
My name is Sam, I enjoy to write and read, I love anime and Supernatural. I am a total nerd. My dreams are to become a published author and to visit Ireland. My biggest fears are being completely alon.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by WriterGirl101


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by WriterGirl101