Chapter 17: THE FINALE

Chapter 17: THE FINALE

A Chapter by WriterGirl101

“Ashley?” I call to my black-eyed sister.

 

She didn’t respond for some time and I started to worry. I grabbed her hand and shook it, to no avail.

 

“Ash...?” I called again.

 

“You’re time is almost up, Rosaline.” My sister finally answers.

“What?” I ask.

“You have only a few more days. It is time to make your decision.” She answered.

“Ash... what...?” I try.

“I am not your sister.” Ashley answers.

“Who the hell are you then?” I ask, not even surprised at this point.

“A spirit, simply conveying a message from your father, through your sister.” Comes her reply.

“How...” I begin, but I am cut off.

“It doesn’t matter. I am through here.” She sighs.

          Her eyes return to her normal color and she collapses forward. I capture her in my arms and gently lay her back on the couch. She falls unconscious and pales considerably, but her temperature remains the same and she breathes normally. I sigh and bury my face in my hands. I breathe in deeply to calm my nerves. And then my decision was made.

 

 

 

.....................................................................................................................

 

 

          I sigh and stood, glancing at my unconscious sister once more and tread up the stairs to my room. I flip open my phone and shoot a text to Vincent to come back to the house later tonight. I sit down at my desk and pull out a pen and paper. I write a note to my sister, because who knows? This may be the last time I see ever her. I sigh and write out a simple goodbye and explain everything one more time in case Ashley, the real Ashley, didn’t hear. I began thinking about how to start, how to explain everything again. I know, I just told the whole story out loud, but writing it is a whole other story.

 

 

Ashley,

            I don’t know if you heard what I said before, if you believed it or not, Hell, if I come back after tonight I should be locked in a looney bin, but in case you didn’t hear it, here it is again. It technically started with Michael’s with dad’s death. I started having dreams this year. They were strange, I hated them. I’d run from a monster; a monster in a black cloak, you know as the Grim Reaper. He kept claiming to be our father, (crazy, right). I would be trapped between him and this giant brick wall. He’d ask me to join him. (Heh, our ‘father’ asked me to die for him)

Right as I was about to answer, every single time, I’d wake up. This lasted for about three, maybe four weeks.

            And then Michael died. It was tragic and I was torn. At the funeral, I’m sure you know about this, but I saw a figure, exactly like the one in my dreams. I thought it was some sick prank or something, but no one else saw it. The real trouble began then. I think I am going crazy; maybe I am, but...

            And then I saw Michael again. He was standing in my room. He was dead, obviously, and he just stared at me. I was scared and hurt and just didn’t know what to do. So, as you know, I flipped out.

And the grad party incident, who couldn’t remember that? Someone pawned it off as just an act and, honestly I just went with it. Why cause trouble, right? I didn’t need people thinking that I was losing my mind. This whole thing sounds like it, right; all crazy. So anyways, there were Soooo many more incidents after that, but we don’t have time. So to sum it up, at the hospital, when we were there for mom, the reaper visited me again, telling me I’m destined to drown. Die a painful death. And honestly I’d rather die happy, or at least peacefully, then in a lake...

            So, I’m going to him, and, I love you sis; you too, Vincent, I love you. Be there for Ashley. I’m sorry.

                       -Rose

 

 

 

 

 

            I sigh heavily and fold up the paper. I toss it on my bed in hopes that Ashley or Vincent will find it later. I dress myself into some clothes and walk out the front door. I am about to die, so I don’t take anything with me except my car keys and phone. I text Vincent again saying that I’m going somewhere and he should check on Ashley. I don’t want her alone when she’s knocked out. I turn on AC/DC full blast, roll down the windows and leave.

          I’m leaving my state and just having one full day to myself before tonight. I stop at multiple restaurants, order smoothies, pie, burgers, anything and everything. I go to a carnival right outside of my state and spend the rest of the day there. But I’m not happy. Happy would be spending my last day with Vincent and Ash, but I know I can’t. Vincent says it is my choice, but I know he and my sister will try to stop me. After walking around aimlessly for about an hour, it’s gets late, I leave.

         

 

.....................................................................................................................

 

 

                   Not knowing how to summon Death, I pull into a local cemetery. I step out of my car and walk in; just hoping he’d appear and tell me what to do. On shaky legs I move through the old and fading tombstones, reading the names of a few on the way by. It’s a dark, cloudless night and the stars and moon are bright, lighting my path. The grass is overgrown, many dead flowers and trees litter the whole plot.

 

‘Great. Picked the creepiest graveyard ever to die in. At least I’ll die semi-peaceful.’

I chuckle to myself quietly.

 

          My phone goes off in my pocket notifying a text. It is from Vincent asking where I am. Then another one more urgent from Ashley. She’s awake and she’s read the note. At first I decide to ignore them, make them believe that I’m already gone. But the more I think about it, I decide that it’s better if I tell them. They would at least want to find my body and considering the state of this graveyard, I wouldn’t be found here very easily.

 

I am at AngelwingMemorial, a  local cemetery a few miles outside of Virginia. North/East. Don’t come for me, not yet.

         

          I send the text and wait for a reply when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I freeze up on instinct and turn, expecting the cloaked figure of the reaper but instead it’s the face of my father. I jump back surprised, because I’ve seen him in my dreams but this is real life. I think it is at least. I can never even tell anymore. My father looks the same as the day he died, from the raven black hair, bright blue eyes, leather black jacket, motorcycle boots and all. His light stubble seems a bit bigger but it’s been nine years. I am confused on whether to run to or away from him and tears fill my eyes as memories flood my mind. He even has the same smell I remember. My phone goes off again in a text but I ignore it, stepping cautiously to my father. He says nothing, he’s waiting.

 

 

“Da-daddy, is it really you?” I ask quietly. 

 

“It is angel. It really is me.” He replies in his familiarly gruff voice.

 

“So, so you really want me to-to...” I stop, not really knowing what I’m asking.

 

“I really don’t Rosy, but it is better this way. You only had one week and I didn’t want you to die that way. I had the power to warn you, but it was your fate to die that way. I thought, maybe I could get you to join me instead. It’d be so much better than watching you drown. Since the day I died I knew your fate. I wanted to wait until your time was almost up to help you though.”  He explained.

 

“And, I love you, but, but how can you prove it, because you’re basically asking me to throw my life away here. I need proof.” I say, my phone going off again.

 

“Come here. I’ll show you.” He states simply.

         

          I take the last few steps towards him until we are nose-to-nose. He wraps me in a tight hug and I hug back, remembering the feeling of my father.

 

“I’ve missed you angel; so very much.” He sighs.

 

“I’ve missed you too, daddy.” I say quietly against him. “Hey, dad, Michael; he was in my room one day, and he was a ghost, I guess. Do you know what ever happened to him?” I add.

 

“He was taken by one of us. He wanted to see you one last time before he moved on and I was told that he felt incredibly guilty for scaring you.” He explains. “So, do you want your proof?” He adds.

 

I nod and suddenly feel very light.

 

          We are beside a lake. A small cabin was next to it and I guessed that it was the one Vincent was talking about. I see Vincent and me on the edge of it. We sit side by side with our feet in the water. We are talking about something, but I hear no words. I am laughing, Vincent is smiling, but something about his expression disturbs me. I shake my head, answering no to something he asks me. He frowns and says something else, I deny again, laughing, but my face shows that I am nervous. I, the present me, step closer, trying to see Vincent’s face and hear them. Suddenly, the future me, I jump on my feet and step back. Vincent’s eyes are dark with rage. I ask what he’s doing and he just shakes his head.

          He grabs my wrists and pulls me forward. ‘What are you doing?’ I say again. Again he doesn’t answer, but he shoves me into the lake. I scream as I fall. As I hit the water I turn and try to swim away. He jumps into the water and grabs my ankle stopping me. I turn calmly and try to kick his arm away but it is useless. He pulls me out and grabs my throat asking me a question.

 

‘Accept my proposal Rose! We need each other, I love you.” He begs.

 

          I ask him what has gotten into him and he falters for a moment letting me go.

“I’m sorry, Rose, I-I’ve never been that angry before. I-I just, I mean, we’ve been together for a while now, yes? I was ready to take the next step.”

 

“I’m Sorry Vince; I’m just not ready for that. I’m young and I’d rather just wait.”

 

“Right. Of course. Whatever.” He replies monotonously.

 

“Vincent, can we please just go home? I really need to be with Ashley right now.” I say softly, warily.

 

          He looks angry again and I step back, afraid of him now. He grabs for me again but I spin away and kick him between his legs. He falls to his knees with a shout and I turn and run. I make it about a hundred yards before he catches up and grabs my wrist. He begins dragging me towards the lake and I head-butt him to no avail. I bite his hand, kick, and punch but he has a firm grip. I watch, horrified as I’m pulled into the lake and Vincent pushes me under. I thrash trying to get away but he doesn’t release. My body stills and I believe I am dead. Vincent pulls back for a moment and I remain still. He begins backing away but I twitch, and he realizes I am still alive.

          He steps forward and holds me down again this time longer. I can’t fool him any longer and I see myself fight to get out. He doesn’t relent and my body goes slack again and this time I know I’m really gone. It’s over. Vincent pulls my body out and drags it away. Tears stream down his face but I just can’t feel sorry for him.

 

 

 

          The vision fades away and I see that I’m on the cemetery’s cold ground, sobbing. My father is standing next to me, looking unsure. I stand up, brush myself off and turn to him angrily.

 

“Why would you show me that? He would NEVER do something like that. Not ever!” I shout at him.

 

“I know you think that angel, but you barely know him outside of him being a teacher. I know you think it’s fake, but please, believe me.” He tries.

 

“No, what if I just refuse to go to the lake with him? I won’t go. I’ll break up with him, I’ll stop this.”  I say.

 

“It won’t work. He convinces you to go with him in the end. I’ve searched every possibility and in each one he convinces you to go along with him. He isn’t planning on hurting you, but he always does in the end; every time. I’m sorry.” He sighs, remorsefully.

 

“And how do I know you’re telling the truth? How do I know you’re really my father?” I ask.

 

“When you were eight years old you asked me if magic was real. It was late and I was telling you more about our religion. I told you that magic is only real if you truly believe it. That it was all in the mind, and then I put you into bed. Is that good enough?” He asks.

 

“Yes, it is. I’m sorry.”  I sigh. “So, how do you want me to do this?” I add more silently.

 

“Are you sure? I really don’t want you to do this, but I’d rather you go your own way than by the hands of a loved one.”

 

“I understand. I’m sure.” I answer.

 

“Over there-” he points to a large, dead tree, “- there is a vial, and a syringe. It will put you down quickly...... You won’t feel any pain and it’ll almost be like going to sleep. Are you sure Rose?” He states softly.

 

“Father, I just saw my ex-principal/boyfriend; that sounds so strange; kill me, and apparently there is no way in Hell to stop it, so yes, I would rather go my own way.” I sigh, silent tears streak my face.

 “Wait! That means you knew that Michael would die? You knew that I would be getting together with known not to start dating Vincent to begin with!” I shout, getting angry.

 

“No, it wouldn’t have worked. I told you, I have explored every possibility before contacting you, but no matter what you always ended up with him and you always ended up dying. Two of those possibilities you and Michael break it off but he still ends up getting killed somehow. There was nothing I could do; nothing angel.” My father cries.

 

“You really mean it?” I sigh.

         

          I give up and walk to the tree he mentions. I take out the supplies and pocket them. I check my phone to read the last words of my sister and my supposed killer. Plopping down on the ground I pull out my phone. I have four new messages from Vincent and one from Ashley along with four missed calls all from Ash.

 

1st msg: Vincent. Rose, we are coming to get you. Please do not do anything stupid. I love you too you know.

 

2nd msg: Ash. Rosy you’re right. You are crazy, but considering I was just, Idk, possessed maybe, I kinda believe ya. Don’t be stupid, I look up 2 you so come back and we’ll figure something out. Come on I already lost mom and dad and I really liked Michael I can’t lose you 2. I really don’t like Vincent btw; he’s lame.

 

3rd msg: Vincent. I’m coming to get you, don’t be dead yet. Please.

 

4th msg: Vincent. Rose; pick up your phone!

 

5th msg: Vincent. We are close to the cemetery; please tell me you’re okay.

 

          I sigh, I’ve done that a lot tonight, and send a reply to them Ashley saying I love her but it’s too late and I ignore Vincent’s. I lay my phone next to me on the ground, and then I fill the syringe with the drug and throw the vial away. I draw in a deep breath and carefully release the stuff into my arm. Like promised, I instantly feel drowsy. My father comes up behind me and grabs my hand. I hear shouting before father is pushed away. I instantly miss the warmth of his hand but someone else’s replaces it; Vincent. I pull away in disgust but it returns. I hear them shouting, but I’m too drained to hear their words.

         

 

 

Sleep; I need sleep. I’m so tired.

I close my eyes and the world fades to black. It’s over. 


© 2016 WriterGirl101


Author's Note

WriterGirl101
Okay, so I might write what happens after her death. Need lots of reviews to tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on April 5, 2016
Last Updated on April 5, 2016


Author

WriterGirl101
WriterGirl101

Fitzgerald, GA



About
My name is Sam, I enjoy to write and read, I love anime and Supernatural. I am a total nerd. My dreams are to become a published author and to visit Ireland. My biggest fears are being completely alon.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by WriterGirl101


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by WriterGirl101