Chapter four

Chapter four

A Chapter by WriterGirl101

I woke up later with a slight tap at my door. Ashley poked her head in. “You doing okay?” She asked me. I nodded.
“Mom said you didn’t have to go to the funeral if you didn’t want to.” She continued. I nodded again
“I’ll go. It’ll be fine.” I replied. She nodded and stepped back out.
          I got up, and got ready. I got my black low cut dress that went down to my knees, one of the necklaces that were in that box, the wedding ring, and my black combat boots. I pulled my red hair into a pony tail, grabbed my purse, and left.
          We had the funeral at our town’s oldest church. There were a lot of people there; football players, cheerleaders, family, friends, neighbors, etc. My friends were there as well, to be there with me. Michaels’ parents asked me to stand with them by the casket as people came up and hugged them, and talked.
          I had a lot of people hug my neck, and tell me how sorry they were about my loss. I hated it. I didn’t like attention, but I was getting a lot of it. Principal Perry came up last, and hugged me. “Let me know if you ever need anything, okay?” He said in my ear. I nodded, and thanked him.
          After that, people stood and talked about Michael, and how good of a person he was, what he was like, etc. But no one talked about him the way I did. By the time I finished talking, everyone was in tears. I told about how we grew up together, I talked about how great of a boyfriend he was, and I thanked his parents for raising such a wonderful man.         

          At the end his mother pulled me off to the side.

“I want to apologize for last night. I was upset, and I asked for an impossible thing. I’m sorry.” She told me.

“It is fine, I understand. Really, I do. I wanted to as well, but I knew the risks.” I replied.
She nodded, and walked off.

          After a while I sat down under a tree at the edge of the cemetery. I looked over the graves of others that have passed before me, and noticed another figure on the other side. It was the outline of a person. I got up, and walked a little closer just to see who it may have been.

          The figure was covered in a black robe-like thing, and his face was hidden. I laughed. I burst out in little gasp of laughter. It was hysterical. Someone came dressed as the Grim Reaper. But why? To scare people? To scare me? It didn’t matter. Because for some reason, it was hilarious. Maybe all of this was finally getting to me. I don’t know. People began coming over to check on me, asking if I was okay. I couldn’t speak. I was falling to my knees, the hysterical laughs and giggles just spilling out of me.

          After a few minutes, I calmed down enough to talk to my mother. “There’s a person over there, dressed as Death.” I told her pointing straight at the figure who was now pointing in my direction. Mom looked towards the area, and shook her head. “There’s no one there, dear.” She said. “Yes there is! Right there, he’s looking at me. I think, I mean, he’s looking this way!” I told her. She gave me a quizzical look.
          I got up. “Come on, I’ll show you.” I said walking towards the figure. Mom got up and followed along. I walked up the figure, and stopped right in front of him. Mom stepped up beside me, and said “Okay?”

          I turned to look at her like she had grown two heads. When I turned back, the figures face was showing. It was a skeletons head. With red glowing dots peering out of the eye sockets. I squealed, and jumped back.
“What’s wrong, dear?” Mother asked me. “How do you not see this?” I asked her, pointing at the masked figure.

          I reached out, and pulled down the hood, hoping to reveal the back of the mask, but it apparently went all the way around. “Cut the joke you two.” I said. “You, for pretending there’s nothing,” I said, pointing at mother, “and you, for doing this!” I finished pointing at the mystery guy.

          I walked off, towards my car, but then a familiar voice stopped me cold.

          

“Wait, dear. It’s not a joke.”

         




It was the voice of my father, and the voice of Death in my dreams.

 I passed out.



© 2015 WriterGirl101


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the ending. I'm excited to read more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ohhhhhhhhhh I can't wait for more! It came out better than I imagined! ^-^ Poor Michael, though... :(

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Hey, I'm a mean person... Lol
You're secret's safe with me.... ;)
Silent Wolf

8 Years Ago

XD ;) Hahaha *wink*
WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Lol, yeps.... I finally got around to adding pictures. :P
Been to busy writing, lolz.....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2015
Last Updated on August 4, 2015


Author

WriterGirl101
WriterGirl101

Fitzgerald, GA



About
My name is Sam, I enjoy to write and read, I love anime and Supernatural. I am a total nerd. My dreams are to become a published author and to visit Ireland. My biggest fears are being completely alon.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by WriterGirl101


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by WriterGirl101