All in Due Time

All in Due Time

A Chapter by Tori
"

running out of time.

"

“Hurry up!”

                I glared at the clock as if my life had depended on it, hoping that with each opening and closing of my eyes, it would be another minute closer. Come on! I though impatiently. Be 3:25, already! Please!

                “Miss Torrrence!”

                Surprised by the sudden outburst, I jumped back in my seat, my startled lips emitting a small cry. I looked up at Mr. Greenling and tried to generate a polite response to his disapproving snarl.

                I swallowed. “Um-yes sir?”

                “Why don’t you tell us the basic function of lyosomes in the living cell?” He took joy in watching my struggle for the answer. His sudden silence had caught the attention of my classmates, and they had all turned to witness me be humiliated. All except for him.

                “They filter out the waste of the cell?” I said questioningly, straining to remember the answer from last weeks notes.

                He grumbled in annoyance. “Pay attention. The clock won’t move any faster if you just stare it like a mad-man!” Mr. Greenling turned from me and continued discussing the process of Meiosis. I smiled in triumph.

                “He knows you got it right,” Essie sneered, nodding her head towards the over weight, balding biology teacher.

                “He’s just too big of an a*****e to admit it,” Raven agreed.

                “I know. But oh well. He can kiss my a*s for all I care.” I snuck another glance at the clock. This one did not go unnoticed.

                “What’s your rush?” Essie asked me. I looked at her and smiled.

                “Places to see, people to do,” I replied in jest.

                “She’s going on a date with Dra-co!” Raven chimed. “Jade and Draco sittin’ in a tree! K-I-L-L-I-N-G! First comes the heart, then comes the knees, then the eyes and everything between!”

                “I haven’t heard that in forever!” I smiled. When we were little, Essie and I use to make up our own versions of nursery rhymes and children’s songs. That was one of the first ones we had created, and, when Raven officially became our friend, we taught her several of them, including the one she wouldn’t stop singing.

                Raven and I laughed at the lighthearted mood. However, Essie seemed less than enthusiastic.

                “Where are you two going?” she asked dryly.

                “He’s taking me to see that new Cannibal movie that came out last week.” I kept my voice cheerful, trying hard to ignore her grim attitude towards Draco. I wasn’t sure why she disliked him in the first place.  I mean, after all, she was the one who had invited him to hang out with us in the first place. We had befriended him outside of school when she and I were walking around her street. We had seen several moving trucks go by and decided to check it out. That was when we met him.

                I couldn’t recall Essie ever showing any sort of attraction to him. She was an open person, and would have showed clear signs if she had liked him in that way. But Draco had always stayed in her friend zone. I wasn’t sure why she was so upset with us going out. I didn’t want to bring it up and make things weird, so I decided to just ignore it.

                “Well have fun then,” she spat.

                “We will.”

                “So where are you two going afterward?” Raven asked.

                “Um…home?”

                Raven looked at me as if I were stupid. “What? Why?”

                “Because the movie will be over?” I said questioningly, testing to see if that was the answer she was looking for.

                “No! Unacceptable! You two have to go somewhere else! Like…to his house!”

                “His parents would shoot me.”

                “Your house?”

                “Dusty would shoot him.”

                “An old abandoned house with sound proof walls?”

                I looked at her questioningly.

                “Surely you two are gonna f**k!” she said, as if it was the must obvious thing in the world.

                “Um. I wasn’t planning on it,” I replied quietly.

                “What do you mean? It’s been almost three weeks! You’ve got to be farther than just kissing!”

                “Well, not really. Does french kissing count?”

                “Hell no! If you want a healthy relationship you’ve got to let him stick it in ya!”

                We both laughed uncontrollably at her blunt comments. Even Essie joined in. Suddenly, a loud crash echoed across the classroom. We quickly silenced ourselves and looked towards the front of the room. The class, including the teacher, fell dead silent as the boy clad in black jolted from his desk, knocking it back several feet. Without speaking a word, he thundered towards the door, slamming his palm heard against the metal handle and opened it with an aggressive jerk. No one attempted to stop him as he barged out of the classroom. He had taken his book-bag, so he clearly wasn’t planning on returning.

                “What the hell is the matter with him?” Essie sneered. “Talk about mood swings. He must be on his period.”

                Raven giggled at Essie’s comment. I, however, just stared at the door. He was so…angered. I wasn’t sure what by, and I didn’t think I wanted to know. I hate a gut feeling that, despite my desires, I’d find out soon enough.  



© 2011 Tori


Author's Note

Tori
The Devil and The Reaper,
Sitting in a tree,
K-I-L-L-N-G!
First comes the heart,
then comes the knees,
then the eyes and everything between!
The Devil and the Reaper,
sitting in the tree,
B-U-R-N-I-N-G!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on March 4, 2011
Last Updated on March 4, 2011


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori