Your Emerald Eyes

Your Emerald Eyes

A Chapter by Tori
"

Don't forget….Romeo=Devon. Juliet=Jade=Elissa. So yeah.

"

 

                “What?” I cried in disbelief.

                “He stared at me, his eyes certain and focused. He knew what he had said and he meant every word.

                “Come on.” He stood and grabbed my hands, jerking me to my feet. Before I had time to protest, he was dragging me through the woods.

                “Wait!” I shouted. “I can’t! I want to go back!”

                “Why?” he snapped. “So you can kill yourself?

                Oh…that’s right, I thought sourly. He read the note and saw the rope. S**t. ‘I hate my life. I love you Dusty. Goodbye,’ was what it had said. My entire sentiments reflected on that crumbled up piece of paper.

                “Romeo…I can’t go with you.”

                “Why the hell not?” he panted, still running full speed through the forest with me trailing desperately behind. I stopped in mid-stride and jerked my hand free from him.

                “I just can’t!” I cried, stomping my foot on the ground like a child. He just shook his head.

                “Please,” he begged. He clasped my hands in his and looked into my eyes. Desperation and pure fair rained from his emerald pools. It hurt to watch. I could feel my heart squeezing tighter and tighter the longer I watched them. I found myself eventually lost within them, swaying, trying hard to stay standing up. I could feel them pulling me closer like the gravity of the sun pulling earth in. I couldn't look away. 

"Just for tonight," I found myself saying in a robotic voice. I was practically hypnotized. 

His face lit up in a beam of excitement and relief. "Thank you." He spoke calmly though he was clearly anything but. "I just don't want you to get hurt again."

"Why does it matter?" I said despondently. The sadness had washed over me the moment his eyes broke away. All the memories…all the pain. 

Without looking at me, he grabbed my hand again-another habit he had quickly adopted-and began walking again. "Because whether or not you realize it, your life is important." 



© 2011 Tori


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on March 11, 2011
Last Updated on March 11, 2011


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori