Slytherin Has Fallen

Slytherin Has Fallen

A Chapter by Tori
"

yeah welll…..enjoy.

"

The  morning sun shone hard against my face, prying my eyes open despite my protests. What…it was so bright…oh s**t! I was late for school! I kicked off the covers and bolted downstairs to find Mrs. Archer sitting at the dinner table quietly sipping a cup of coffee.

"I'm late for school!" I exclaimed. "Where is everyone else?"

"School. And no, you're staying here today," she replied with a grin. "Devon's orders."

Hm…Maybe a day off would be nice…"Alright. Sounds good to me." I pulled out a chair and took a seat across from the merry woman. "I really must thank you again, Mrs. Archer. For everything. You really don't know how much this all means to me."

"Please, sweetheart, call me Reba. No need for formality." She paused for a moment, took a sip of coffee, then began talking again. "No thanks is necessary. If anything, I should be thanking you." 

"Thank me? Why would you thank me?" 

"Ever since my husband died, we've been falling apart. We've haven't been able to agree on anything," she sighed. My heart swelled with sympathy for the poor woman.

  "I'm so sorry…I had no idea. How did he…?"

"Cancer. From smoking. He died last year…it' been hard, but we've tried to manage. But that' not the point. My family has been falling farther and farther apart. Last night was the first time since Adam died that we have actually sat at the diner table and smiled as a family…and it was all because of you."

I felt my face flush as I fidgeted uncomfortably in the wooden chair. I wasn't used to being complimented like this. I wasn't sure if I liked it. "That's very sweet of you to say, but I really don't think-"

"Elissa," she interjected, her voice firm and serious. The joyful cheer had vanished from her eyes, leaving behind a grave expression. "You have done so much just by being here. Not jut for me, but for Devon also. I've never seen him so happy before. I've never seen him willingly do the dishes or take his plate to the kitchen, or even give up his room! When my mother came down from Chicago for Adam's funeral, he made her sleep on the couch! But you…he insisted on giving you his room. He has been begging me non stop to let you stay. He's also been so much kinder to Katie and I. Thank you, Elissa. Thank you!" 

I wasn't quite sure what to say. She seemed genuine as she spoke…it just…I don't know. It got to me. I could feel the tears burning in my eyes. Reba smiled sadly and wrapped me in a massive hug, pulling me closer to her. The comforting, assuring, warm hug of a mother. I wanted to cherish…except for the fact this wasn't my mom. 

"I think I'll go clean their rooms. A last gesture before I have to go." I stood from the table and dashed upstairs, wiping away the tears. Pulling my knees to my chest, I curled up on Romeo's bed and inhaled his sweet scent. 

"I'm gonna miss you guys," I whispered into the sheets. Soon, sleep took over me and refused to let me ago. When I awoke, it was at least 5:00 pm. Oh. That means Romeo and Kate are home…I'll run downstairs and say goodbye. 

Downstairs, I found Reba pacing frantically, her eyebrows furrowed. Kate sat on the couch, watching her mother with worry and amusement. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. Reba turned to me, as if jut noticing my presence. 

""Oh, Elissa! Devon hasn't come home yet and he won't answer his phone! I've called the school and all his teachers but no one has seen him. They said he wasn't even at school! God, I'm so worried!"

"That's weird…maybe he went to a friends house?" I suggested. She shook her head.

"I've already called everyone I know. They haven't seen him. My God, Elissa! What if something happened to him! I have to go find him! Will you wait here in case he comes back?"

"Of course. Anything you need me to do." 

Reba wrapped her arounds my neck. "Thank you, so much! You're an Angel! Come on, Katie! Let' go find Debbie!"

In a flash, they were out the door and in the car. The house was so surprisingly quiet…it didn't seem right. Where are you, Romeo? What have you gotten yourself into this time?

My phone vibrated violently in my pocket a I received an incoming call. Flipping it open anxiously, I barely managed to squeak out a small 'hello?'. 

"Jade? Jade! Is this you? Jade!?" a frantic voice cried.

"Essie? What's wrong! Calm down, Essie!"

"Jade..it's awful! It's…oh my God…"

"Essie! What the f**k is going on? What's wrong?"

A million possible responses popped into my mind, none as unexpected as the words that came from her mouth…

"Jade! Draco…he's been shot! Draco is dead!" 



© 2011 Tori


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on March 17, 2011
Last Updated on March 17, 2011


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori