This Was Enough

This Was Enough

A Chapter by Tori
"

So it goes from Elissa to Romeo. Short and to the point.

"
To say I wanted to leave would be a lie. A cold, black-hearted lie. I never wanted to break away from this feeling. This feeling of joy, of comfort, of happiness…of family. I felt so at home yet thousands of miles away with the Archers. They had shown me the kind of kindness I didn't know existed. I felt like one of them…like a part of their family. 
But I wasn't. I never would be. It was all just make-believe…one massive fairytale. It also wasn't anything new. Learn to love something…have it ripped away from me because of my stupid a*s drunk dad and my p***y-of-a mom. Just the usual. 
Even though the light of tomorrow brought with it my possible demise, this was enough…if for one night I would have a real, loving family, I would take it. Just this one night where I can trust someone and feel as is if I'm invincible. Just this one night was enough…
"This already so much more than I could ever ask for," I whispered into the darkness. For the first time in years…I felt like praying. And not for tomorrow. I slide from Romeo's bed and kneeled at the side. He had given me his room for tonight and bunked with his sister. I offered to sleep in the tiny bed instead, but he insisted. After thirty minutes of arguing his mother had made the final desicion…and thus, here I was. 
Folding my hands in front of my face, I closed my eyes and began to speak quietly into the blackness. "Dear God…thank you for blessing me by giving me the opportunity to be with a family again. A real, loving family. I know I have to leave, and I respect your descion…I'm truly thankful, honest. I just…wish I could stay forever. I love it here. But, my leaving well result in something good, I'm sure. It's your plan, so it must. And I know it's been a real long time since I've talked to you, and I apologize. I just wanted to tell you thank you…thank you for everything. I can't wait to be with you. I know you're a wonderful God, and I thank you, again, for giving me this one night of true happiness with the Archers. Thank you."
After I finished my prayer, I curled beneath the warmth of the covers. A heart-filling aroma attacked my nostrils. Roses and honey. There was something about that smell that chained me to the bed, not allowing me to leave. Not ever. It kept me pressed tight against the soft mattress. God…please…Never let me leave…



She was so breath taking when she slept. The eighth wonder of the world was here, sleeping in my bed…only two steps away. So amazing…
What, God, did I do to deserve such a blessing? What had I done right to earn this? Having her lying there so close drove me crazy. I crazed to climb in bed with her…to touch her and hold her…claim every  inch of her as mine. To kiss her, tell her how much I love her, and take all of her. All as mine. 
I sighed, reigning back my fantasies before they drove me insane. For now, this was enough. This was all I could ever ask for. Right here. Perfect. 
"I love you, Elissa," I whispered beneath my breath. Tip toeing towards my bed room window, I fought hard to minimize any sound that would disturb or wake her. Successful at my attempts, I slid the window closed and rushed off into the chilly night air. Nothing would stop me from completing my mission. Nothing. 


© 2011 Tori


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. I have read the whole thing and am excitedly awaiting your next chapter. This is a great book I can't wait to read more. Though I have noticed some grammatical issues

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on March 16, 2011
Last Updated on March 16, 2011


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori