Juliet's Memories

Juliet's Memories

A Chapter by Tori
"

So Juliet is in Romeo's room…

"
"Wow! I love your room!"
I scratched the back of my head modestly, trying not to seem like a cocky prep. It was a pretty sweet room, though. She turned a full circle, taking in the sight. Running her fingers across the pitch black walls, she gawked and complimented my many band posters. She particularly liked my John Lennon one. I pointed to a beat up and torn poster hanging above my bed. 
"That one's my favorite," I smiled. 
She turned to look, her eyes curious. However, once she saw it, her entire attitude changed. Without uttering a word, she took a step closer, running her fingers gingerly along the golden font. 
"Romeo and Juliet," she whispered. Though I wasn't sure exactly what it was she was seeing, I knew it was memory. And by that smile on her face, I could tell it was a good one. "Ya know…I was in a Romeo and Juliet play, before. Back in sixth grade."
"Really? I bet you were amazing," I said, acting as naive as a child. 
"Nah not really. It was incredible though. I had always wanted to act, but because of my dad, I couldn't. I knew he would find out if I joined the drama class at my school, so I joined it at another school. To this day i don't know why they let me, but they did. I couldn't tell them my name or what school I came from, and they still let me."
She smiled to herself, closing her eyes and reliving that night. My heart, so overcome by her passion, melted into goop right on the spot. How I just wanted to hold her and never let her go. 
"I bet it was fun. I'm sorry you had to hide it though. It would have been nice to get some recognition for your work." 
She just shrugged. "Nah, not really. I mean, I got my reward by just being allowed to perform." She grew silent then said sheepishly; "Well…that…and there was a guy. To to this day, I still feel so blessed to have seen him, even just that once."
My breath stopped in my throat, refusing to leave. I could barely process what I had just heard…was she talking about me? Surely she was! Well…no. I wasn't sure why I was being so excited. It wasn't me and I knew it. I bet it was her adoring "Romeo". Bitter thoughts swept into my mind as the thought of her with someone else ate at my soul. It was hard enough dealing with her being with Draco. Now that he was finally out of the picture, I had chance. But now…She loves some other guy. 
"He was beautiful. His hair was an indescribable balance of brown and yellow, which made his bright blue eyes just pop! I remember he kept watching me from the side of the stage…I was so nervous I could barely speak. I almost forgot my lines once or twice. He was just so…i don't know!" She sighed as she thought back to that boy. That boy who sounded alot like me. The old me. "I regret never getting the chance to talk to him."
Her eyes glowed with the fires of joy and freedom. I loved the way she smiled, her perfect pearls framed by the bright pink lipstick mother had applied to her. So stunning…her beauty could have stopped time. And in a way, it did. I was frozen as I thought about her words. She had to be talking about me! I was the only person at the entire performance who had watched from the stage side. But there was something in me…a little voice that said I was just hearing what I wanted to believe. 
"Devon! Elissa! Time to eat!" mother called from downstairs. 
Elissa looked at me and smiled. "That's our cue. Come on, Romeo. Let's go." 


© 2011 Tori


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on March 15, 2011
Last Updated on March 15, 2011


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori