2. RECORDING

2. RECORDING

A Chapter by alison13

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
2. Recording
 
     I WOKE UP AT SEVEN, IT’S BEEN A WEEK NOW, AND I remembered that I have to meet Adam. Even if I just have a contact with him at the phone this past week, I feel that I’m a little close to him already. I took a bath and brushed my teeth then pick my black jeans and baby blue shirt. It doesn’t look cold outside so I didn’t bother putting my jacket on. I hurried downstairs to eat breakfast. It’s almost eight so I hurried and took cereal for breakfast. I can see that Suzie is already awake, playing with her puppy, Snowbell. While Jeremy on the garage, fixing his bike I think. I never got a chance to talk to him at all, while Amy and my mom are talking about their childhood while drinking coffee in the living room. I can see that the TV was on but it seems that no one is watching. I looked at my cell phone, hoping to find a new message from Adam, but nothing new at all. I finished my cereal and washed my bowl before going outside. It’s already seven fifty but I decided walk than take the bus. Besides I remembered that the restaurant was only two blocks away from here. I could see that people are out riding their bikes as the breeze of the wind flow to my face.
 
     I reach the restaurant at exactly eight o’ clock. I saw Adam standing at the front porch step still wearing his dark tinted
 
 
♦13♦
 
 
shades. But now his only wearing a black shirt which shows his muscular body. He looks like a model.
     I know he already saw me because he smiled a little. Then his gaze went in front of him. I followed his gaze and saw a black bus on the other side.
     I went on his side and asked. “Is that yours?”
     “Yes, well last week we didn’t finish recording because I’m late.”
     “And that’s my fault…?”
     “Correct…”
     “So, should I feel guilty about that or just unaffected?”
     “You should be guilty…”
     “Okay…”
     “That’s why you’re here…” he smiled crookedly.
     “Why?”
     “Well you’re the reason I got late so you’re going to come with us. And I want a little company… like I said I’m bored with my brothers, parents and bodyguards.”
     “Oh okay… I’ll accept whatever punishment you give me… besides; I have nothing to do at home as well…” I laugh lightly.
     “C’mon lets go, we’re going to be late again for the recording of our new album…”
     “Oops… sorry… hey when will be the release of your new album?”
     “About a month or so… why?”
     “Nothing…” I smiled again.
     We went in the bus and I saw that it’s really a tour bus —of course—it has an astonishing living room and I could see some build-in doors, maybe for their rooms and bathrooms.
     I can see that Nate was adjusting his guitar, while Shane is still composing a new song. When they saw me they smiled.
     “Oh hey Alyson! What’s up?” Shane said.
     “I’m fine… um… how did you know my name?”
     “Well you see. Adam keeps talki—”
 
 
♦14♦
 
 
     “So how’s that song coming?” Adam cut him off, changing the topic.
     “I’m almost finished… Alyson how old are you?” he smiled to Nate like they planned to ask me that.
     “I’m seventeen…” I answered.
     “Oh… we’re the same…” Shane said smiling.
     “Why? How about you two?” I looked at Nate and Adam, a bit confused.
     “Oh nothing important really, I’m twenty-one and Adam is nineteen…” Nate said looking to Shane like he’s having a conversation in the eye. But I let it go. I still don’t know them well enough.
     “Hey guys and—” a guy said looking at me with half smile on his face.
     “She’s Alyson, dad…” Adam explained.
     “Oh, well nice meeting you Alyson, I’m Ryan, their father and manager.” He said stretching his hand out in front of me.
    “Nice meeting you sir…” I smiled shaking his hand.
    
     After a few hours, Shane finally finished his song, while Nate got tired playing all their songs and Adam keeps entertaining me about his fascinating stories. Finally we reach the recording studio by ten.
     We stepped outside the bus parking in front of the recording studio—which I didn’t know what street where in. Adam toured me again, like a tourist guide, first he was holding my hand but I quickly shook it off.
 
     I watched them record their songs. Adam’s voice was still amazing as ever, Shane’s and Nate’s voice are also amazing but I can’t stay in focus on all three of them, because my eyes are stayed lock on Adam.
     I almost didn’t notice that they were finish until I realize that Adam is smiling at me that made me blush. I heard Nate laugh
 
 
♦15♦
 
 
lightly.
     “So how was that?” he asked, putting his hand around my waist.
     “Um… great… great as ever…” I can feel my cheeks burning red. I took his hand off me.
     “You know, you’re cute when you blush.” He said touching my nose.
     “Shut up!” I said pushing him away. It didn’t work. But I’m glad it didn’t.
     “Hey where do you want to eat lunch?” Adam asked.
     “Anywhere, I guess… I’m not yet familiar on the restaurant in this town.”
     “Alright, let’s eat on my favorite… my treat…”
 
     We went inside the bus where Shane and Nate are already throwing paper balls to each other. Adam led me to his room, I think, and continued showing me some photos and souvenir with explanations. I listened very carefully, but I’m getting bored to his explanations, so I just pretended to listen. I look around, searching for something to change the topic but I can’t see anything interesting.
     “—and here’s the picture when we played for the president’s victory party… hey, are you listening?”
     “Um… yah of course…” I said, smiling shyly.
     “We’re here already…” Ryan called.
 
     We went in a Mexican restaurant where the waitress led us to our table like I’m not with some celebrities. Adam ordered for me, well he ordered the same as what he ordered.
     “Since when did you start eating here? Or how did you discover this place?” I asked to Adam, but I look at the others too so that they won’t think I’m just all about Adam.
     “Well, you see Alyson; this is the place where my parents first met. So it’s kind a special to us. And the foods here are all
 
 
♦16♦
 
 
incredibly delicious.” Adam answered.
     “So what’s your favorite food?” Shane asks.
     “I eat all kinds of food.” I said.
     A few minutes later our order arrived.
     “It looks delicious.” I complemented.
     I took my first bite when they started. They were right. The food here was really amazingly delicious.
     “What do you think?” Nate asked.
     “You’re right! It’s very delicious…” I took another bite and asked “hey, where’s your mom any way?”
     “She’s just finishing some office works.” Shane answered.
 
     After we ate, we headed to the park, where only a few are strolling.
     “How come now you’re neither in a disguise nor wearing your shades?”
     “Lets just say that it’s safe here… you see, people who goes here doesn’t treat celebrities like celebrities, just normal, simple people.” Adam said.
     “Oh… hey where are the others?” I asked looking around.
     “They left us alone.”
     “Oh…”
     “You’re not scared of me, are you?”
     “Nope, like I said, I’m taking whatever punishment you give me.” I said jokingly.
     “Good.” He smiled.
     “Did you ever have a boyfriend?”
     “Nope. I’m not into guys” I lied.
     “Oh… that’s too bad….”
     “Why?”
     “Nothing really… I just want to ask you out… but since you’re not into us…”
     “Sure… I’ll go out of you… I’m ready for my punishment…” I said.
 
 
♦17♦
 
 
     “No really, serious? You’re into it?”
     “Sure… hey, how many girlfriends did you have?”
     “Um… ten…”
     “You’re such a playboy!”
     “Not really, some broke up with me, some I broke up with… but don’t worry I never cheated on a girlfriend.”
     “How can I be sure about that?”
     “Asked my brothers or put me on a lie detector test… I break up with them because some feelings change” he said surely.
     “Oh alright… I believe you…” I gave up. “How many celebrities did you date?”
    “Seven out of that ten…”
     “Seven out of that then are celebrities! How can I be sure you’re not going to dump me that easily? And you broke up with celebrities? Aren’t they the perfect match for you al—” he cut me off.
     “Nope… I think I’d like better if it’s not a celebrity…”
     “But if you change feelings that easily to them how can I be sure that you won’t change —” he put his finger on the middle of my lips.
     “Of course, nobody knows what would happen on the future… but I promise that I’ll hold to you… forever and always…”
     “Shut up… I just met you like a week ago… no wonder you already got ten exes… and one more thing, your lines, they’re pretty lame…”
     “Well that’s not my fault…” He smiled then bends to reach my face to kiss me.
     “You’re too fast!” I said slipping from him.
     “Sorry…”
     “That’s okay… and another thing, I’m not like other girls… besides, you’re not yet my boyfriend…” I stood up.
     “Okay…” He smiled, though I know he was offended on what I did.
 
 
♦18♦
 
 
     “Let me guess… never been rejected on a kiss?” I said biting my lip.
     “Rejected…once…”
     “By who?”
     “You…”
     “Really… well, I guess I’m already a record holder…”
     “Yah…”
     “Oh yah, who’s Chelsea again? The girl from last week…”
     “Remember when you asked me if I have a girlfriend and I said I broke it off last October? She’s that girl…”
     “Oh… so why did you pretend to say that I’m your girlfriend?”
     “She doesn’t leave me alone…”
     “And…?”
     “The only way for her to leave me alone is for her to see me with another girl… it’s a great timing that you’re around…”
     “Ah… you think she’ll leave you now?”
     “I guess…”
     “Why did you break up with her anyway?”
     “She’s too… crazy…”
     “Crazy?”
     “She wants that I’m always with her… I mean, like I’m her bag that she could bring anywhere…”
     “Is crazy really the right word to use?”
     “I don’t know… just the first thing that comes to me…”
     “Okay… I guess that would be acceptable… I think…”
     “Of course…”
     “What time is it?”
     “It’s four thirty…”
     “Okay…”
     “Why? Do you have a curfew?”
     “Nope… just asking…” I said trying to smile.
     “C’mon it’s still early, lets go to our house…”
     “Why? What’s up?”
 
 
♦19♦
 
 
     “I’ll show you something…”
     “What’s that?”
     “Later, you’ll see…”
     We went back to the black bus and he went to their driver to tell something I didn’t heard. I waited for him but he still didn’t come back. So I sit beside Shane.
     I notice that Shane and Nate changed their shirts already. Shane smiled at me, though not speaking to me. While Nate keeps talking about sports he said he wants to be in or he “should” be in. I just always replied a nod or an “ah… really?” I can see that Shane doesn’t listen as well. Adam still didn’t come back and I’m getting bored, especially with Nate’s story.
     “Hey Alyson, what do you think of our band?” Shane asked trying to keep me awake.
     “You’re amazing! I love all your songs!” I said enthusiastically as I can.
     “I can see that you’re getting bored, want to watch TV?”
     “Sure…” I said sheepishly.
     Shane turned the TV on. We watch the American idol but I don’t know any of them, I only watch reality shows if someone watches them with me since I mostly watch movies. Nate gives constructive criticisms on all the contestants just like a real judge.
     “Where did you guys first been notice? Or did you join some contest…” I asked Shane.
     “Actually I’m the first to be known. One time I was on a barber shop when I was about seven or eight and I was singing,
I didn’t notice that there was a man who was a talent agent, heard me, so I started singing on broadways” he said slyly.                
     “Then one time I heard Adam singing when he was in the bathroom, so I said to my parents to make him try the broadways, though first he doesn’t want to... but then he got jealous with me so he decided to try it as well, until he found his new talent.
 
 
♦20♦
 
 
     “After that, Nate took guitar lessons on the summer and soon he taught me how to play guitar as well.” He breathe and continued “Then when there was a contest for bands, we auditioned for it, there was two great things that happened that day. First, we won the contest, which has a reward of ten thousand dollars, second, another talent agent watched us that day. He said that we were talented and good looking, then he recommended us on playing on TV.
     “After that break, we received many requests on playing or opening for their shows. Then we asked our dad to manage us, since he had some experience on show business. That’s all… bow.” He said taking a bow.
     “What’s that experience of your dad in the show business?” I asked interestedly.
     “He was a singer, well first he was just a song writer, then he was given a break and he started on TV… that was like about the 80’s… so you might not know anything about him…”
     “Wow… you have a great brief history! So you’re the first reason for your fa—” he cut me off.
     “Nope… you’re wrong… we could’ve been here without each other. You know, we keep each other humble, down to earth and not having a big head with all of this fame…”
     “Oh… I see…” I said nodding. “So what’s your motto?”
     “Live like you’re on the bottom even though you’re at the top…”
     “Ah… are you studying right now?” I asked again.
     “Yah... we’re homeschooling…”
     “Ah…”
     “How about you?”
     “Yah… I’ll be in fourth year high school this year… so um, have you tried normal school?”
     “We’re here…” Adam said walking to me.
     “You didn’t tell me that you have a very interesting story!” I said accusing him.
 
 
♦21♦
 
 
     “You didn’t ask…” he smiled crookedly.
     “Sure… that’s a good excuse…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
♦22♦


© 2009 alison13


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

thats nice. just read the first chapter and it had me hooked so I coundn't resist and I just had to read the second chapter as well. I must say that this one is even better than the first one. great work. Keep it up. I think I will proceed to the next chapter as well now itself. Can't wait to see what happens next to Alyson and Adam

Posted 14 Years Ago


nice background of the unkown.. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


hmm.. nice punishment of adam to alison, a date or you can call it a treat, getting out with alison and much more.. :))

Posted 14 Years Ago


still awesome. :DDDDDDD

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

565 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2009
Last Updated on July 3, 2009


Author

alison13
alison13

Philippines



About
my name is elaine and i'm a fourteen years old girl... i'm gonna make my description short. i only have three addictions for the moment. MUSIC, BOOKS and PHOTOGRAPHY. MUSIC had been and always will.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by alison13


Paparazzi Paparazzi

A Poem by alison13