1. EXPERIENCE

1. EXPERIENCE

A Chapter by alison13
"

this chapter is where Alyson first came to California.

"

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1. Experience
 
     “I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! I’M FINALLY GONNA MEET MY cousins in California!” I said to Miley—my best friend—excitedly.
     “Don’t forget to email me. I’m really going to miss you…” she said hugging me.
     “Of course…” I murmured. I hugged her back tightly.
     “Alyson, come down now. We’re going to be late for our flight.” My mom said in a hurry.
     “Coming mom!”
 
     It only took a few hours to travel from Boston to California. Even though it’s quite near, I never got to see nor meet my cousins in California.
    We got off the plane and I saw my relatives waiting. Some I remember from the photos they sent me. I could see Suzie —13 years old girl with a long golden brown locks like mine only more intense, and she’s skinnier than I expected— wave with a wide smile on her face. Next to her is her mother Amy —a bit taller than me, maybe an inch or two, has a porcelain colored blonde hair and skinny, for a mom she looks like a super model— who is holding a blue paper with words saying: welcome home Alyson and Abby!
 
 
♦3♦
 
 
     And right next to her is Jeremy —with blonde wavy hair, he looks really bored— smiled at us, trying to be polite, maybe.
     “Abby! It’s so nice to see you again! It’s been years since the last time I saw you! And this must be your daughter, Mary Alyson!” Amy said in her high soprano voice. I didn’t notice that she was wearing a black dress just above the knee, underneath a pink jacket.
     “Amy! I’m so sorry I forgot to bring some presents! We’re in such a hurry to buy so—” my mom said
     “Don’t worry about it! C’mon lets go home, you look like you need some rest!” Amy cut her off.
 
     A few minutes later we reach a house, a light beige colored house, which is a bit different from what I saw in the photos, maybe because before it was blue. But I’m too tired to ask about it.
     Amy led me upstairs, “Alyson this will be your room.” She gestured.
     “Okay, thanks…” I said weariness filled my voice.
      I got the west bedroom that faced out the front yard. It has a wooden floor, the light blue walls, the peaked ceiling, and yellowed lace curtains around the window. The bed was in the central space. One chair seemed vaguely medieval while a low ottoman by the fire was more contemporary and the stock of bookshelves against the far window and there are a few paintings on the wall. Somehow each piece fit together with the other like a big three—dimensional puzzle.
     I jump to the bed ready to fall asleep when I realize I haven’t changed my clothes since I got here. I pick the first PJs I saw in my bag and lay down to my bed and sleep, though I knew that it’s too early.
 
     “Good morning!” Suzie said energetically.
     “Good morning…” I said with a yawn. “What time is it?”
 
 
♦4♦
 
 
     “It’s eight in the morning, sleepy head! You miss the party last night!”
     “Really? I guess I really had a lack of sleep these past few days…”
     “Well breakfast is ready…” she said hopping out the room.
     I brushed my teeth and took a bath before eating breakfast. I put on my jeans and tank top, but since it looks cold outside I put on my jacket as well.
     “What’s for breakfast?” I asked Amy.
     “Pancakes” she said with her gorgeous smile. 
     After I finished my pancakes —which were incredibly delicious— I washed my plate and went outside for a walk and maybe a tour to the city as well. My mom gave me another cell phone which has a map on it so I won’t get lost.
     I looked at my phone and I got one message from my mom, I looked up then suddenly, I bumped to a guy wearing dark tinted shades and a long black coat holding a cup of ice cold coffee. Great, he just poured coffee on me.
     “I’m so sorry!” he said.
     “Hey, watch where you’re going!” I tried to wipe the coffee off me.
     “I’m really, really sorry... here…” he gave me a tissue.
     “No thanks…”
     “Wait, I’ll just make it up to you…” he took a photo and a pen and signed it. “Here, and fifty dollars, so you can buy a new blouse…”
     “I don’t need money and especially a picture of you with your autograph on it!” I looked at the picture, he’s cute, but I don’t care.
     “Don’t you know who I am? I’m Adam Cyrus!”
     “I don’t care who you are or what you are…”
     “What?”
     “Just move… I’ll buy a new shirt by myself…”
     “Whatever… I’m just trying to be nice…”
 
 
♦5♦
 
 
     “Sure…”
     I decided to went back home instead, since I’ve been walking only a few blocks. Maybe I’ll just continue my tour on the city tomorrow, when my mood is fine. I headed to my room again and just changed my clothes. I just took my guitar and sing some of my songs—which I compose. I’ll just think that what happened is just a dream.
    After I let my mind cool, I decided to have dinner with them, just to get to know them as well.
     “Hey…” I mumbled.
     “You’re just in time for dinner…” Amy said.
     “Um, what’s for dinner?”
     “Baked Macaroni…”
     “Sounds delicious… um, where’s the others?”
     “Jeremy went to his friend’s house; he’ll be back later… Suzie had a sleepover…”
     “Oh… okay…”
     “It’s too bad you fell asleep early last night, you haven’t met our other relatives yet… and they already left just this morning…” my mom said.
     “Oh… well, I guess I’ll just meet them next time…”
     “Sure… on Christmas…”
     “Oh… well, I can wait…”
     “Really…”
 
     After I eat, I watched some movies with them, but it’s too boring, I don’t know how they can stand it, I can see that they’re bored too, they just don’t show it. I went back to my room and sleep.
     I wake up the same time as yesterday. Okay, this time, I’m just bringing my jacket; I won’t wear it at first, just in case. I fixed myself a bowl of cereal and headed to my tour again. I promised myself that my vacation would be memorable and would be a blast, I just need to explore.
 
 
♦6♦
 
 
     I look in every stores, but mostly books and CD stores. When I was in the last CD store —which was all on sale— I found an interesting band which they call themselves “the unknown” maybe this was their first album because it’s cheaper than the others. Some people who pass by me keeps talking about “the unknown”, though I heard some about them before, on my schoolmates, I never got the chance to try it, so I bought it. I guess they’re pretty famous now.
     When I walked out the front door I bumped to a guy who’s wearing a long black silk coat and dark tinted shades. I drop my CD so I crouch down to get it but the guy got it too. His shades fall down and I saw his face. And I’m 99.9% that he was the lead singer on the band “the unknown”, and more importantly, he’s the same clumsy guy who poured the coffee on me.
     “Hey! You’re the—” he covered my mouth.
     “Please don’t tell the others I’m here!” he whispered.
     “Only if you take your hand off me!”
     “Sorry… can we go outside?”
     “Sure… why are you hiding anyway?” We went outside so that it’s safer to talk.
     “You’re really not from here are you?”
     “Nope, not really, I’m new here…”
     “Have you heard about our band before?”
     “Yes, just a little, actually…” I said shyly.
     “What’s your name?” he asked
     “Alyson, Mary Alyson Smith… and you are?”
     “Adam, Adam Cyrus…” he smiled crookedly.
     “What do you think of our band?” he added.
     “Um… interesting…” I said, even though I still haven’t listened on it.
     “Thanks for not shouting there…” he smiled.
     “Don’t mention it… though you still owe me, this is the second time…” I smiled.
 
 
♦7♦
 
 
     “What?”
     “Coffee…”
     “Oh…” he suddenly froze as a blonde girl walked toward us. “Okay, um, can you do me a favor?” he whispered.
     “What’s that?”
     “Just ride on what I’m going to say later…”
     “Why?”
     “I’ll explain later… just don’t argue or something with me…”
     “Sure…”
     “Hey Adam!” the blonde girl mumbled.
     “Hey, Chelsea…” Adam muttered, suddenly putting his one arm around my shoulders.
     “Who’s she?” she gestured to me.
     “My new girlfriend…”
     “Really… what’s her name?”
     “Alyson…”
     “Alyson…?”
     “Alyson Smith…”
     “Really… and I guess you’re not lying…?”4/div>
     “Of course not…”
     “Um Alyson, I’ll just give you a tip…”
     “What’s that?” I asked.
     “You wouldn’t want to date this guy… he’s a jerk and a—”
     “Okay… we need to go now…” Adam cut her off.
     “Really… well then… hope to see you two again next time… nice meeting you, Alyson…” she smiled to me a little then went straight ahead.
     “Great… now she’s gone…” he took his arm away from me.
     “Who is she?” I asked.
     “Chelsea Evans…”
     “And she’s your?”
     “C’mon…”
     “Where are we going?”
     “Where do you want?”
 
 
♦8♦
 
 
     “I’m asking you… since I’m not familiar with the restaurant here… I’m new, remember…”
     “C’mon…”
     We went to a restaurant that only a few eat. I guess maybe it’s very expensive here.
    Adam talk to the waitress but I can’t hear a word he said. Then the waitress led us to the farthest part of the restaurant where almost no one is eating.
     “Do you always eat here?”
     “Sometimes… when I want to be alone…” he breathe and change the topic. “So how long have you been here?”
     “Um… just about three days…”
     “Hey what’s your number? I’ll call you…” he gave me his cell phone.
     “Here… don’t mind calling me because I always leave my cell phone at home… well except for now… because I still don’t know where the other stores here… my mom put a map here…” then I gave mine. “What’s yours?”
     “Here” He smiled.
     “What are you doing there any way?”
     “I’m just bored at home… so I toured around the city.”
     “Oh… I can’t believe a pop star can be bored…”
     “Well yes…”
     “What do you mostly do on your free time?”
     “Help my brother, Shane, write a song for our next album…”
     “Do you know how to play guitar?”
     “Yes, and drums, piano and tambourine too…”
     “Ah… you’re really talented…”
     “What sport do you play?”
     “Baseball, golf, basketball, soccer…”
     “Ah… do you have a girlfriend?”
     “Nope, I broke up with her last October ….”
     Before I can ask another question he received a text message.
 
 
♦9♦
 
 
     “You’re quite different from yesterday…”
     “What do you mean by different?”
     “You’re not mean…”
     “Ah… well, you’re not that clumsy today…”
     “I’m not holding anything…”
     “I can see that…”
     “Oops… I need to go… I forgot we have to go to the recording studio today…”
     “Alright…”
    “C’mon lets go out…”
     Before we got out, I took a peek on a menu. I was right, those are expensive.
     I walked out the restaurant and waved goodbye. “Nice meeting you…”
 
     I arrived at home at six.
     “Hey Alyson, you’re just in time. I’m almost finished cooking dinner.” Amy said.
     “What’s for dinner?” I asked.
     “Home made Lasagna.”
     “Great. I’m starving already.”
     I went up to my room to change. I took my brown shorts and white shirt. Then I wrote to my diary about my day and my first experience with meeting celebrities and listened to the CD of “the unknown”. I look at the posters of the CD. Adam is the cutest, though Shane, their other guitarist and singer, is cute too. Especially with his dark brown curls that matches his intense brown eyes, while Nate, the other guitarist, look a little like Adam though the shape of his face is quite different and his little a little chubbier while his hair is the same as Shane’s. I love their music, its kind pop/rock music.
     After I listened to their songs, I went down stairs to eat. I can see that their already seated and just waiting for the lasagna.
     “Where have you been all day?” my mom asked.
 
 
♦10♦
 
 
     “I just toured myself through the city.” I said not mentioning Adam.
     “Ah… so did you bought something?”
     “I bought an album of “the unknown”. Have you heard about them?” I just asked a dumb question.
     “Yes, their very popular here… I always watch their concert.” Suzie said.
     “Really… what do you think about them?” I asked interestedly.
     “They are the best! If I’m going to rate them one to ten I’ll give them an eleven!”
     “Who’s your favorite?”
     “Adam! But I love Shane as well… I like Nate but not as much as Adam and Shane…”
     “When is the next release of their new album?”
     “May be two months from now… but I’m really looking forward for it! I and Gabriella are going to buy it as soon as it’s out the stores…”
     “How many do you have?”
     “All…” she said proudly. “You want me to show you sometime?”
     “Sure… maybe tomorrow…” I smiled.
     “How about you? What do you think of them?”
     “Amazing… they have a… charm.” I said imagining Adam singing every song.
 
     After I finished my dinner and wash my plate, I went upstairs and brush my teeth first and took another bath. After I changed I look at my cell phone and found two messages from Adam. The first one said “hi” and the second said “hey, can I see you next week again?”
     I replied, “sure… where and what time?”
     “In the same restaurant at eight…”
     “Alright…”
 
 
♦11♦
 
 
     “Bye now… sleep well… good night…”
     Good night to you too… sweet dreams…” I replied ending the almost never-started-conversation.
     I tried to sleep but it’s too early. So I put the CD in my CD player and listen again to their songs. On the fifth time I listened to it I was singing with it out loud. I hope I didn’t bother anyone. After the seventh time I played the album I put away my CD player and fell asleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
♦12♦
 


© 2009 alison13


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Congratulations! This book has been nominated for the very first Bright Award. We will get back to you on November 30th for the winner.

Posted 10 Years Ago


That was an interesting start. Surely had me gripped throughout. It is your first work? really didn't seem so. For your first write up it is pretty good . Interesting description of characters and i liked the flow of the story. Can't wait to read the remaining chapters. I am sure they are going to be as interesting as this one .

Posted 14 Years Ago


thanks for appreciating my very first work! really meant a lot to me... :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


fascinating first chapter...great way to start it.. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


i don't really like reading books with a lot of dialogue and stuff, but i gotta say, this is an impressive chapter.. can't wait to finish the whole book! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was an awesome first chapter! You set the scene really well, and I felt like I connected with the characters straight away! For a chapter that seemed incredibly dialogue-driven, you did a really great job in realising how each of the characters talked, and how they communicated with each other. I'm excited to see what will become of Alyson and Adam. :D
~PaperHearts

Posted 14 Years Ago


nice chapter.. i already imagine taylor and joe in your descriptions about alyson and adam. some scenes are kinda funny.. :)) sorry.. only this chapter is what i can rate coz i'm bored reading today :))

Posted 14 Years Ago


You are a amazing young lady. I want to read more. Story was strong, interesting and held me with the flow of the story line. It is a honor to meet a young and smart writer.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


it seems great! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


interestingggggggggg.
:D

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

688 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 2, 2009
Last Updated on July 5, 2009


Author

alison13
alison13

Philippines



About
my name is elaine and i'm a fourteen years old girl... i'm gonna make my description short. i only have three addictions for the moment. MUSIC, BOOKS and PHOTOGRAPHY. MUSIC had been and always will.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by alison13


Paparazzi Paparazzi

A Poem by alison13



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Happiness Happiness

A Poem by alison13


BoyProof BoyProof

A Poem by Sunny