4. TRUST

4. TRUST

A Chapter by alison13

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
4. Trust
 
     I woke up early, at about six in the morning. I’m still thinking on what I’ll say to my mom. And having some thoughts about what I dreamt last night.
     I dreamt that I’m going to let Adam meet my parents. The only thing different from reality to my dream is, in reality, I’ll tell my mom that I’m dating Adam. In my dream, he’s asking for my hand, for marriage. What a nightmare! I just met him a week ago and I’m dreaming about getting married! This must be cause of hunger. I remembered that I hurried up to my room last night without to eat dinner.
     I took two deep breaths and make my bed. I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed my face.
     “I can do this… I can do this…” I chanted to myself. What am I worrying about anyway? Suzie got the script right? Besides, I’m seventeen, most of the seventeen years old I know already have a boyfriend, besides, I’ve been in this situation before. And I’m worrying on what I’m going to tell my mom about me dating? I’m so old fashioned. Five months from now I’ll be eighteen.
     But I’m still imagining on what my mom would say: you just met this guy about a week ago and now you’re dating him? Isn’t that too fast? You should be friends first before dating…
 
 
♦33♦
     Well, my imagination was right, we should be friends first, but we’re already friends, I already knew his parents and brothers, of course.
     I took a bath and search my closet for something simple to wear. I picked a lot of pair of clothes, but I decided to wear my old blue jeans and black tank top.
     I went out the door to see if Suzie was awake, good thing her room was only across mine. I look at the time and it’s six-thirty. But I remembered that they are all an early bird.
    “Suzie, are you awake? Can I come in?” I knocked, and then open the door slightly to peak if she’s awake, just to be sure.
     “Come in…” she said. “ I’m already finished with your speech.”
     Suzie’s room was painted soft lavender. Her bed was a pale white, like the beds in fairytales. It has a wooden floor, the peaked ceiling, and white lace curtains around the window. There’s a desk-mirror on the side where her laptop is place.
     “Speech? How long is the… speech?”
     “Don’t worry… it’s only a paragraph… or two I think… I finished it last night.”
     “Wow… your fast…”
     “Here…” she gave me the paper.
        Hey mom,
             I want to talk to you about… boys… first of all… you see, I’ve known this guy for quite some time. Well I’m talking about Adam Cyrus… from the band “the unknown” and I already met his family, and I already saw his house, which is amazing, and they are very nice to me, very hospitable… now I’m just asking about your consent.
 
 
♦34♦
Don’t worry; I’ll be careful in every situation because I value your trust. And I’ll respect whatever decision you’ll make.
 
     “So what do you think?” she asked nervously.
     “This will do… even though it’s too… dramatic…” I took a deep breath. “Are we the only one awake?”
     “Nope… my mom wakes up at five in the morning, she always jogs then waters the plant after… that’s her routine… your mom wakes early too… while Jeremy… well, it depends on his mood.”
     “So I’m really the most latest to wake up?”
     “Yes, well c’mon, let’s eat breakfast… may be their finish cooking…”
     “What’s for breakfast anyway?”
     “Eggs and bacon…”
     “Great… I miss eating that for breakfast…”
     We walk downstairs and she was right, they were already finished cooking, and I can smell the eggs and bacon and the fresh cappuccino from the espresso machine.
     “Good morning Suzie and Alyson!” Amy greeted joyfully.
     “Oh hey girls!” my mom greeted taking a sip on the cappuccino.
     “When are you going to open it to her?” Suzie whispered to my ear, low enough for only me to hear.
     “Maybe later… when it’s twilight…”
     “Okay…”
     I took a plate of eggs and bacon and a cup of cappuccino.
     “So what are you girls planning today?” Amy asked.
     “I’ll just stay at home…”then I flickered to Suzie.
    “Me too…” Suzie said.
     “How about you?” I asked looking at Amy and mom.
 
 
♦35♦
     “Later me and Abby will go shopping… you want to come with us?” my mom said.
     “Sure… how about you Suzie?”
     “Sure… I’m going to die at boredom here…”
     “Where are we going any way?” I asked.
     “Any where…” Amy said.
     After we ate Suzie and I went to her room again.
     “Hey can I borrow your laptop? I’ll just check my emails…” I said.
     “Sure…”
     I turned her laptop on and I saw that I got two from Miley. The first one says:
 
Hi Alyson!!! Even though you’re only gone for about two days, I’m already missing you! Hey, why aren’t you sending me your pictures yet? Still waiting for your reply…
 
Love lots,
Miley
 
     And the second one says:
 
Hey Alyson, Where are the pics I’m asking? I’m dying to see you!! Don’t forget to send me, okay?
 
Love lots,
Miley
 
     Oh men… I only have photos of me and Adam’s family. I walked to my room and took my digital cam. I took a photo of my room, then myself only, then with Suzie, and then I went downstairs where Amy and Abby are chatting and took a photo of them too. I saw Jeremy in the garage but I didn’t
 
 
♦36♦
bother walking to him, I just took a stolen photo of him.
     I know that I can trust Miley with my secrets so I decided that I’ll tell her about it—well until they see me on some photos in the internet or something, I know how fast the paparazzi are when it comes to stuffs like these.
     I replied:
 
Hey Miley, I miss you too!!! I haven’t answered your emails ‘cause I had been outside touring myself through the city… can you keep a secret? Well, first, do you know the lead singer of “the unknown”? Well, last week, when I toured myself, it was really not a good timing, he poured coffee on me, but the next day, I met him again and he’s nice… and yesterday, I met his family, they are all amazing!!! And Adam is such a gentleman… well, all of them actually… They are all very hospitable… if you don’t believe me here’s some proofs… and please, please promise me you wouldn’t say it to any one… well at least before the launch of their new album or some rumors might fly…
 
Love lots,
Alyson
 
p.s.: don’t forget to send me some of your pics!!
 
     I walk to my room again to get the adapter for the memory card of my cell phone and attached the photos on Adam’s house and the photos I just took.
     “I trust you Miley…” I said sending the email.
     After I send the email I shut down the laptop and handed it Suzie.
     “Here… thanks…” I said.
     “You’re welcome…”
 
 
 
♦37♦
     “I was just thinking… may be I’ll just tell mom about Adam when he come back… besides, on your speech it says ‘I knew him for quite some time’ and I can’t say that I really just knew him at partially a week…” I explained.
     Sure… suit yourself…” she said smiling.
     I check my cell phone that just vibrated. I received a message from Adam.
     “Hey what are you doing?” he said.
     “Um… nothing yet… you?” I replied.
     “Just watching old movies… hey when is your birthday?”
     “December thirteen… why?”
     “Oh, okay… I’m just planning to give you a gift…”
     “Don’t bother…”
     “After about twenty minutes we’ll be stopping at some shops… what do you want?”
     “Nothing really… just you…”
     “Okay… I’ll buy myself and give it as a gift for you…”
     “Don’t forget to wrap my gift…”
     “Sure thing… and you can keep this gift forever and always… remember that…”
     “What if that gift gets tired of me and leaves me?”
     “That will never happen… I promise you…”
     “Really? Do I have a warranty incase I break its heart?” it took him a while before he replied.
     “Are you planning to break it?”
     “Nope… just asking… and I don’t have any intention to offend you… sorry…”
     “Don’t worry… I’m not offended… and the answer to your last question is, that depends… if you break it intentionally, no warranty…”
     “Don’t worry… I promise I’ll take good care of it…”
     “Now I have an idea for your other gift…”
     “What’s that?”
     “It will be a surprise…”
 
 
♦38♦
     “No clue?”
     “Here’s one… you’ll always remember me with it… and I’ll have its partner…”
     “Um… ring?”
     “Nope…”
     “Bracelet?”
     “Nope…”
     “Um… Any Accessory?”
     “Nope… not even close…”
     “Oh alright… I give up…”
     “I didn’t say you have to guess…”
     “Well I hope you come back soon…”
     “The tour hasn’t started yet…”
     “Well I hope its finish already…”
     “Don’t worry… three weeks is fast… you’ll never notice that it’s over… I’ll be as if I never left…”
     “Well I’m hoping for that… When you come back I’ll tell my mom about… the two of us…”
     “Okay… want me to come with you?”
     “Sure… I need moral support…”
     “I’ll be by your side… when are you going to tell her? Right after we arrive?”
     “Nope… may be after a day or two of that…”
     “Okay… ready your speech…”
     “My cousin already finished that…”
     “Wow… you’re prepared…”
     “Of course… oh yah, can I get Shane’s no.?”
     “Why?”
     “I just want to ask him after a week if you’re not cheating to me or something…”
     “Alyson… are you kidding me?”
     “I’m serious…”
    “Like I said… I NEVER EVER CHEATED ON A GIRLFRIEND…”
     “Oh okay… but I still want to get his number…”
     “Alyson!”
 
♦39♦
     “I’m not going to ask him about you! Just about his life… you know…”
     “Sorry, Shane’s cell phone had been confiscated for a month… actually he’s grounded, good thing we’re a band or he’ll be in the house for a month…”
     “Nate?”
     “Lost his cell phone…”
     “You’re just making that up…”
     “If you want I’ll call them and I’ll let you talk to them…”
     “Sure…”
     “Oh sorry, it seems we arrived a little early than I expected… bye Alyson,”
     “Okay… Bye…” I said, though I’m sure he’s lying on the last part.
     “Alyson, c’mon, let’s go…” my mom said knocking to my door.
     “I’ll be down in a minute…”
     “When I went downstairs they were all ready to go, well except for Jeremy, I’m expecting he won’t come with us, and I was right, he was nowhere to find.
     “So where are we going?” I asked again.
     “First, we’ll take a visit on a childhood friend of ours…” Amy muttered.
     “Who?” I asked.
     “Robert Clarkson… Amy’s childhoo—” Abby said but Amy cut her off.
     “Well c’mon now…”
     “Where is it any way?”
     “In LA…” Amy said.
     “Okay…” I said.
     We used Amy’s yellow Porsche, which I remembered the same car they used to fetch us four days ago.
     After a few minutes we stop in front of a large house that is soft a pale yellow.
 
 
♦40♦
     We got out the car then Amy press the door bell, after a few seconds, a man, who is quite good looking, wearing a blue striped long sleeved shirt and blue jeans, open the door. Now I realize what mom meant about him being the childhood sweetheart of Amy. I bet when he was younger his gorgeous.
     “Robert!” Amy greeted with her high soprano voice, the same tone she used when we first met in the airport.
     “Amy? Amy Newton? Is that you?” Robert said.
     “The one and only! And you remember Abby” Amy said.
     “Oh yes! I almost didn’t recognize you two!”
     “It’s been more than twenty years!” Abby added.
     “Yes… good times… good times…” he said.
     “I almost forgot, I’d like you to meet my daughter Suzie and Abby’s daughter, Alyson…” Amy gestured to us. When he flickered to me I smiled a little.
     “Nice meeting you girls… wow… Suzie is like a photocopy of you when you were at about her age! While Alyson looks a more like… who’s that guy you married again?” he said now facing Abby.
     “Kevin, Kevin Smith…” my mom said.
     “Oh yes… why isn’t he with you?”
     “He’s finishing some new cases… he’s a lawyer, you see…” my mom said again.
     “Well c’mon, let’s go inside. We have a lot to talk about…” he said leading us inside.
     The living room has a high peaked ceiling. The pale floor matches the other room, and it was precisely the color of a pristine beach. The walls were the almost white blue of a brilliant sunny day. There’s a large flat screen TV in the central space, the sofa was pale white that matches the carpet.
     “I’d like you to meet my son, Edward, and you remember my wife, Emily…”
     “Oh yes! Nice meeting you again Emily! And Edward… how old is he now?” Amy said, flickering to Edward then look at
 
 
♦41♦
Robert again.
     “He’s eighteen…”
     Edward is staring at me with a smile on his face. Is there something wrong on my face? Dirt? I just smiled a little. When I looked at his face, I can see that there’s agony behind it, that he’s trying to hide.
     “Do you care for some juice?” Emily said smiling showing her brilliant, perfect teeth.
     “Sure…” Amy said.
     “Okay… Be right back…” She said heading toward the kitchen.
     “Have a sit; we have a lot to talk about…” Robert said.
     “I’m bored here…” Suzie whispered only to me.
     “Me too…” I whispered.
     “Here it is…” Emily said holding a tray on her hands.
     I took a glass of her lemon juice, like what everyone did. It tastes amazing. It’s like you just picked it freshly from the tree, it has its natural sweetness.
     “Wow! This tastes great…”
     “Freshly picked… every morning we pick the ripest…” Emily said.
     “Um, Edward, why don’t you give Suzie and Alyson a tour in the city?” Robert said. “They look like they’re going to die out of boredom…” He chuckled a little.
     “Sure… whatever…” he stood up and put his smile again, which is almost creeping me out in so many ways.
     “Where are we going?” I asked when we’re already outside.
     “Park… I guess… Where do you want to go?”
     “Park will be good…” I said.
     “Do you two know how to ride a bike?”
     “Absolutely…”
     “How about you?” he looked at Suzie.
     “Of course… I have a bike at home…”
     “Me too…” I added.
 
 
♦42♦
     “Then let’s just ride bikes… it’s easier… we have five bikes actually so you can choose…” he said leading us to the garage.
     I picked the glossy black one while Suzie picked the pink one, and Edward took the gray one.
     “I know this great park where biking is a must… most or all the people that go there are just riding their bikes… relaxing…”
     “Ah…”
     The park was just five blocks away from their house.
     “Wow… you’re right… its nice here… so calming and peaceful…” I said taking a deep breath.
     “Yes… I always go here… especially when I’m stressed out…”
     “Ah… Why are you stressed out? Not that it’s my business or anything…” Suzie asked.
     “Well in school… Family… relationships…”
     “School?” I asked.
     “Well you see, I’m the valedictorian… and my parents are pressuring me that it’s required that I maintain it… once I became the salutatorian… and my dad punished me like I shoplift… He ground me until I became the valedictorian again he made me do all the chores… even the ones mom use to do… and the worst is he didn’t let me date any one…”
     “Ah… and the family?” I asked interestedly.
     “Well, before, my parents are always fighting… like everyday… so sometimes I rebelled to them… I go here… sometimes on my most favorite place… later I’ll show you…”
     “Ah… but they don’t have fights now?”
     “Nope… they promised me that they won’t fight if they want me to stay with them…”’
     “Ah… and in relationship?”
     “Well you see, I just broke up with my girlfriend a week ago…”
     “Why? Not that it’s my business…”
 
 
♦43♦
     “I saw her with a guy… well... they were… kissing…”
     “Oh… I’m very sorry about that… I shouldn’t open that topic…”
     “It’s okay… I’m recovering now… well not that much actually, but I’ll heal soon… I always do… time ca pass quickly without you realizing it…”
     “Oh… well, are you dating again?” I’m so stupid! Of course he’s not!
     “Nope… it’s quite traumatic… you know, what happened last week…” he took a deep breath. “Is it okay if I’ll take it all out? You know, because I can’t open up to my parents…”
     “Sure…”
     “Well you see, I dated a lot before… and honestly, I admit that I’m a certified playboy… but when I met her, it’s like I can’t see other girls any more… she’s like my perfect match… and she’s the only girl I took seriously… yes I admit, I cheated on a girlfriend… I admit that I’m a real flirt… but I stop that when I met her… we made a promise that we won’t cheat to each other… but she broke that promise… well, I guess that’s what you call bad karma…” he took another deep breath and continued. “Sorry Alyson about just then… in the living room…”
     “What’s that?” I asked confused.
     “Didn’t you notice that I keep smiling at you?”
     “Nope…” I lied.
     “Well, that’s because you remind me of her... you both have the same shade of blonde curls… and the color of your eyes too…”
     “Oh… sorry about that…” I said pulling some of my hair under my ear. He chuckled.
     “What are you being sorry about? It’s not your intension to remind me of her… C’mon, let’s go, there is a park around the corner. And I’ll show you later my most favorite…”
     “Why is it your favorite?”
     “It’s really beautiful there…”
 
 
♦44♦    
     He led us to another park around the corner, like what he said. The park looks more simple that the first, more peaceful. And only a few ride their bikes. One… two… three…
     “Hey Edward, is there a cliff here or something?” I asked.
     “Yeah… that’s where we’re going next…”
     “Could we take a break there? Suzie asked.
      “Sure…”
     We reached his most favorite park, which is farther than I expected. By the time we were there, I and Suzie were very exhausted. And sweats are racing down to our face. Good thing I didn’t forget to bring my handkerchief. I wiped the sweats off and flickered to Suzie who was doing the same thing.
     While Edward wiped his face a little and looks comfortable. As if he didn’t rode the bike with us and just took a cab. He just looks like rode his bike only five blocks from their house instead of thirty.
     “Are you two okay?” He asked.
     “What do you think?” Suzie asked still breathing too fast.
     “Hey how come you’re not as exhausted as we are?” I asked.
     “You see, I ride my bike everyday… almost a year now… from my house to here…”
     I and Suzie sit on the grass, after a few seconds, Edward followed too.
     “You look athletic than a nerd… what sports do you play?” I asked.
     “I’m a varsity player, well no, I’m MVP in basketball on my school… and I play baseball sometimes…”
     “Do you play instruments?”
     “Guitar… well just a little actually… and drums…”
     “What’s your favorite band?”
     “The Unknown…”
     “Me too!” I said enthusiastically.
 
 
♦45♦
     “Me three!” Suzie said raising her hand.
     “How about you? What sports do you play?” he asked me.
     “I’m a varsity player in volleyball back at Boston… but not MVP…”
     “Ah… do you play instruments?”
     “Piano, guitar, drums…”
     “Ah… what do you mostly do on your free time?”
     “Um, drive my car fast… ride bikes, write songs …”
     “Really? Could you sing one?”
     “Sorry… my voice is kind a rough today… may be some other time…”
     “Oh alright… hey how come you get tired on riding your bike from our house to here when you ride bikes at Boston?”
     “Well I don’t ride bikes a hundred miles away from my home…” I said exaggeratedly.
     “Oh… sorry about that…”
     “Well c’mon, may be they’re already waiting for us…”
     “Can’t we stay longer? I’m not finish relaxing yet…”
     “Sure… fifteen minutes…”
     “Twenty-five…” Suzie added.
     “Twenty…”
     “Twenty-three…” I said ending the auction.
     “Ah! It’s so nice here… so quiet… so peaceful… with the smell of the honey-suckle breeze… I can come here forever…”
Suzie said.
     “Me too…” I agreed.
     And I mean it. This is my relaxing place too. You could sit here all day and I’m imagining watching the sunset. The beautiful glittering ocean, the soft smell of honey-suckle breeze that mixes with the smell of roses and lilac. I close my eyes and lay down the grass.
     I dreamed about being alone in the cliff. Its twilight and I’m
 
 
 
♦46♦
waiting for the sunset. And I’m waiting for someone. First I didn’t know who I was waiting. Then I turned around and saw Adam holding a bouquet of roses. He smiled at me and I hugged him. Then he was gone. I turned around and he was at the tip of the cliff, he’s hand wanting me to come to him. I reached for him then—
     “Alyson! Wake up!” I heard Edward shouted.
     “Hey… sorry I fall asleep…” I said sheepishly.
     “Sure you’re okay? I heard you saying ‘Adam, wait for me… don’t’…”
     “Really? I don’t usually talk to my sleep…” I said blushing.
     “Well c’mon… lets go home… they were probably waiting for us…”
     “How long have I been asleep?” I asked.
     “Um… thirty minutes…”
     “Really! I’m so sorry! Why didn’t you slap me to be awake?”
     “Alyson, you don’t know what Suzie and I tried to do to wake you up…” he laughed.
     We reached their house by twelve.
     “Hey girls and Edward…you’re just in time for lunch…” Robert said.
     “What’s for lunch?” Edward asked.
     “Grilled steaks… c’mon, let’s go outside…” Emily said leading the way to the back door.
     “I can see that there was a large mahogany table which was surrounded by eight chairs.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
♦47♦


© 2009 alison13


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was great once again, keep up

Posted 14 Years Ago


it's still awesome... :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Again story is flowing perfect. Description of places and activities are excellent. You have great skills young lady.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


your an awesome writer. :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2009
Last Updated on July 3, 2009


Author

alison13
alison13

Philippines



About
my name is elaine and i'm a fourteen years old girl... i'm gonna make my description short. i only have three addictions for the moment. MUSIC, BOOKS and PHOTOGRAPHY. MUSIC had been and always will.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by alison13


Paparazzi Paparazzi

A Poem by alison13