9. SURPRISE

9. SURPRISE

A Chapter by alison13

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
9. Surprise
 
     AFTER WE HAD DINNER—WITH ADAM — I WENT TO MY ROOM and checked my emails from Miley. The first on said:
 
Hey Aly, wow, you are one hard-luck girl! You’re lucky enough on meeting the unknown, and now you’re dating Adam Cyrus! What’s your secret? Just kidding… here’s my pictures… miss you…
 
Love lots,
Miley.
Then the second one said.
 
Hey Alyson, How come you’re not answering my emails? It’s been a week or so… well, I guess you’re pretty busy hanging out with your new friends and boyfriend… I’m not over sensitive or dramatic or anything… well I’m just, you know… I just hope you don’t forget me… that’s all…
 
Your BFF,
Miley.
 
♦102♦
 
 
Then I replied to her:
 
Hey Miles, don’t be like that… you know you’re my very best friend! Remember that… And don’t worry, I’ve just toured myself in the city… nice photos by the way… miss it… and don’t worry, starting tomorrow, I’ll check my emails everyday… and one more thing, my dad said that we’ll be moving here in California, for good… so that means we kinda won’t see each other that much… but I promise… I’ll try my best to have a visit to you…
 
Love lots,
XOXO,
Alyson.
 
     I didn’t mind sending her some photos, since she didn’t ask for some and she might say that I’m really spending too much time with Adam that I’m really forgetting about her. After I shut down Suzie’s laptop, I gave it back to her and changed my clothes. And then I brushed my teeth then I decided to write to my diary since I haven’t updated it since Adam came back.
 
Dear Diary,
     I just got home… me and Adam went to Venice and its so much fun! And we rode a gondola, twice and I had the chance to ride a helicopter! We toured it and of course, we took a lot of pictures, of course, I’m such a vain and camera lover girl… it’s really fun… a really great experience for me… I hope I can go to Venice again… just for another great experience, and I want to be with the others as well…I also met their dogs…they’re such a dog lover! So cute! Aren’t they perfect? A God fearing, dog-lover,
 
 
♦103♦
 
 
gentleman cutie!
I got an email from Miley, and I think she’s a little upset at me… about not answering her emails… but I can’t help it… and now I already told her that we’re staying here permanently… dad said that he will be here a month or so… and the biggest surprise ever was one of the clients is really filthy rich! He gave us a house a few blocks from Amy’s… the only bad news is that I won’t see Miley again… but I’m hoping I can still visit… well that’s all, I’m a bit tired…
Alyson
 
     I put away my diary and tried to sleep, though the words from Miley keeps running to my head.
 
     It’s been a week now, and tomorrow will be Adam’s birthday, I already have a gift for him, a limited edition of a Barney glow in the dark t-shirt. He can have it as a souvenir, though not for wearing. It still sounds very childish for me since I bought it. But it’s the last one left and it looks like about Adam’s size. I also bought a cute lavender unicorn with large cute eyes stuff toy for Jasmine. And then Adam bought her a cute pink rabbit with the same large cute eyes.
     Yesterday, Ashley called me and reminded me that I need to use the swimsuit she showed me the last time. Though wearing swimsuits doesn’t really bother me, but wearing other’s swimsuit does. I asked if there are some other choices then she showed me a purple and brown one-piece swimsuit and she explained that it was a favorite trend, the maillot works wonders on long, curvy figures like mine. Well, she has a point; I’m already 5’11. I accepted it since I like the style and I kinda fell for her explanation.
 
 
♦104♦
 
 
     I also insisted to Adam to not fetch me, since it’s his special day, besides; Amy let me borrow her Porsche, as long as I take good care of it. I guess Abby must have told her about my fast driving.
 
     I woke up excitedly, as if I’m the one who have the birthday. It’s already seven so I text Adam first and greet him a happy birthday. Then I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and stare at myself on the mirror for a second and chanted to myself, “This is it… this is it… I’m ready…” I took a deep breath. Today we’ll be official. I took another deep breath and took a bath. I decided to wear my black tank top, black leather waistcoat, black leather calf boots and my black gunmetal clasp belt. Then I packed my cream tulle corset dress, gold wire bangle and gold suede shoes to match it up, since Adam said that we’re having an after party. I went downstairs to eat breakfast then I headed to Amy’s Porsche.
     “Be careful!” I heard Amy cautioned me. But I know she’s not really talking about me, but to her Porsche.
 
     I reach their house by nine. I can see that they’re almost finished decorating the place.
     “Hey Alyson!” Shane mumbled approaching me.
     “Hey, um, is there some other guest?” I asked as I went out.
     “Didn’t Adam tell you that our relatives planned to come anyway?”
     “Nope…”
     “Well then, later you’ll meet them, that’s why we’re having this decorations up…”
     “Oh, okay…”
     “C’mon,”
     “Okay… um, wait, I forgot my bag…” I went back then took my bag. I can’t believe I’ll meet his relatives, I hope they like me. “Um, what time would they be here?”
 
 
♦105♦
 
 
     “An hour or so from now…”
     “Hey Alyson! Whoa!” Adam said almost falling from the ladder.
     “Be careful…” I mumbled.
     “Don’t worry, I’m already and expert… at falling…”
     “I can see that…”
     “Back off a little, I’ll jump…”
     “You’re standing at the top of a ladder that is about ten feet tall, and you want to jump?”
     “Yes…”
     “I’ll leave you two alone now, I’ll help the others prepare…” Shane said.
     “It’s your birthday, please take the ladder, I don’t want to have a celebration in the hospital… and I’m pretty sure you won’t land exactly as you expect…”
     “Oh okay…” he muttered and climbed down. “ So where’s my present?”
     “Here…” I said taking the box from my bag and handed it to him.
     “What’s this?” he said shaking the box.
     “Open it…”
     “Okay…” he unwrap it carefully and looked at the t-shirt with wide eyes.
     “I knew it, you don’t like it…” I bit my lip.
     “No… I love it! Alyson, this is the t-shirt I’m looking for my collection! I already have the other two… this is a limited edition! Where did you buy this?”
     “I forgot the shop’s name…”
     “I looked at every shop a few months ago for this, and they said it’s all out of stock… and now you found it! Thank you!” he said hugging me tightly.
     “Well, the guy said that it’s a new delivery… though it’s the last one... but you won’t wear it, right?”
     “Why wouldn’t I?” he said taking his arms from me. “This is
 
 
♦106♦
 
 
what I’m looking for months and it’s a gift from my girlfriend… oops, I forgot you still didn’t answer me…”
     “Then yes… I’m honored, delighted, blah, blah, blah to be your girlfriend… happy?”
     “Of course…”
     “But don’t wear that…”
     “Okay…”
     “Happy birthday… love you…” I said and kissed him.
     “Hey, it’s too early for that…” Shane muttered coming back.
     “You’re right… we still have all day…” Adam said.
     “Can I help in decorating?” I asked.
     “Sure… you’re not as clumsy as me, right?”
     “Of course… don’t worry, I don’t trip all the time…”
     “Okay…”
 
     It took two hours before their guests arrived. And they’re a lot of them.
     “Happy birthday dude!” a guy in a white polo with a tie and black denim jeans said, punching Adam on the shoulder.
     “Yah sure… have you been working out?” Adam said holding his shoulder.
     “Three times a week…”
     “Ah…”
     “Happy birthday Adam!” a cute girl just as Nate’s height in a green tulle corset dress greeted. And there are a lot of people behind her ready to do the same.
     “Oh hey… nice to see you again… I though you’re in Paris?”
     “I just got back yesterday…”
     “Ah…”
     “Who are they?” I asked Shane.
     “The first guy who greeted is Johnny… the girl in the green dress is Hilary…”
     “Is that all your relatives?”
     “Yah… but I guess twenty-five percent of that is some family
 
 
♦107♦
 
 
friends…”
     “wow… how many are they?” a hundred?”
     “Eighty-five only… the others couldn’t make it…”
     “Guess Leslie is now really exhausted…”
     “We hired some caterer to help her…”
     “…and I’d like you to meet my girlfriend, Alyson…” I heard Adam said. “Alyson, could you come here first?”
     “Um, sure…”
     “This is Hilary, Johnny, Katherine, Kate, Dave, Justin, Josh, Jake, Alex, Carrie, Candice, Melissa, Sam, Lauren, and Jess… Later you’ll meet the others…”
     “Hi… nice choice Adam…”Kate said smiling.
     I smiled as convincingly as possible.
     “Of course… and you’ll like her once you get to know her… she has a unique personality…” Adam said throwing his one arm around my shoulder.
     “Good thing you’re really securing her… or she might fall for me… if not, I might snatch her…” Johnny said.
     “That would be impossible to happen…” Adam chuckled.
     “Though, you’re lucky I don’t snatch…”
     And then Alex, I think, punches him on the kidney.
     “Yah sure, lucky me… hey, what do you like to eat?” Adam said.
     “Anything! I’m starving!” Johnny said.
     “Me too…” Dave, I think, echoed.
     “Well, you could ask the caterer for that…”
     “Aren’t you going to eat with us?”
     “Maybe later…”
     “Okay…” Johnny said as they walk away from us.
     “We’re left alone again…” Adam murmured.
     “Well that’s unfair… I’m having you alone and separated from the party…”
     “Who said I’ll be separated to the party? I’m the life of it!”
     “Okay… but don’t trip… okay?”
 
 
♦108♦
 
 
     “Sure…”
     “Hey Adam! Happy birthday!” a girl wearing yellow sundress said. If I didn’t know them, I’ll think she’s their little sister.
     “Hey Jasmine… nice seeing you again…” Adam said giving her a hug. “And this is my girlfriend, Alyson…”
     “Oh hey! Adam she’s pretty… take care of her…” she said punching him on the kidney.
     “Of course…”
     “Hey Alyson, do you want to go to my party? A week after this…”
     “Really? Sure…” I said as excitedly as I possibly can.
     “Don’t forget my gift and your costume…” she handed me a pink fury envelop.
     “What’s this?”
     “Your invitation…” she smiled.
     “Oh… thanks…” though I remembered Shane said it’s an open invitation.
     “No problem…”
     “So what are you going to be?”
     “I’m the host… so I’ll go for a princess…”
     “Ah… do all really need to wear a costume?”
     “Yes… you see, every birthday, I have a theme… this is my eight birthday so I’d like a costume party… on my sixth birthday I said I want a fairytale theme, on my seventh birthday party, I decided to not be much of a girly theme, so I picked rock star theme, and I guess it’s Adam’s and the rest’s favorite theme…”
     “Oh really… what would your theme next year?”
     “I still don’t know…”
     “Okay…”
     “Happy birthday dude! Want to go out later? My treat…” a guy said jumping in front of us…”
     “No can do… me and Alyson will be staying here later…”
     “Oh, okay… I didn’t notice you there… I’m J.R…” he said putting his hand in front of me.
 
 
♦109♦
 
 
     “Um, nice meeting you… I’m Alyson…” I shook his hand.
     “Hey c’mon, lets eat now… I’m starving…”
     “Sure…” I agreed.
 
     After we eat, we had a dance party, well, first they had a dance party, but I can’t help not joining in. Then we started singing and all of the sudden I found myself on the stage. It was really a blast and good thing Adam didn’t fall on the stage whenever he and Shane would cartwheel—and they did it twice —, though he did trip at first. I became their co-lead singer and guitarist since I jam in; good thing already had memorized their songs.
     “You’re really a great singer…” Nate complimented me after we got off the stage.
     “Learn from my mom and grandma…”
     “Ah… and you also know how to play guitar…”
     “Yah… since I was twelve… I love composing songs… especially when I have an inspiration…”
     “Really? Would write one for us?”
     “I’m already on it… Adam asked me the same thing, a week or so before…”
    “Okay… how fast can you compose?”
     “That depends, actually… on my mood… and the subject I’m writing about… but I mostly write about love…” I said as I sit at the vacant chair.
     “Ah… guess it’s pretty easy for you now…” he said sitting next me.
     “How about on your songs?”
     “Well, Shane is the chief songwriter… so most of our songs are written by him… though we sometimes help him… but mostly, when we are spitting ideas, the next thing we know we’re already spitball fighting…”
     “Let me guess… Adam starts it?”
     “You got that right…”
 
 
♦110♦
 
 
     “And you are the responsible one who stops it…” I said as a rhetorical question.
     “Um, not really… That’s Shane’s job… though he can’t help not joining in… Adam is always the craziest… even if you try to stop him… well, your effort will be wasted…”
     “Ah… um, what do you think you are now if you’re not in the hottest band in the planet?”
     “I’ll be working on coffee shops… it’s my dream to be the CEO of starbucks…”
     “Really? Can we have a discount?”
     “Sure… ten percent off for my future little sister…”
     “Okay… I won’t forget that…”
     “You have my word…”
     “Okay… how many guitars do you have?”
     “Twelve in all…”
     “Why do you have a lot of guitars?”
     “My collection…”
     “Ah…”
     “How about you?”
     “I only have two… one brown and one black…”
     “Do you have an electric guitar?”
     “My black one is electric…”
     “How about you?”
     “Nine of that is electric…”
     “Ah… um, do you play other instruments other than guitar?”
     “Drums… you?”
     “Piano… I sometimes use it to compose… though it’s a lot easier to use the guitar…”
     “Ah…”
     “Um, do you have a girlfriend?”
     “Yah… but she couldn’t make it today…”
     “Why not?”
     “She said she has some family problems she needs to handle first…”
 
 
♦111♦
 
 
     “Ah…. What’s her name?”
     “Kyla Bloomwood.”
     “But you still get to see her?”
     “Yah… sometimes when we have a tour at Arizona… and she said she’d try to come on my birthday…”
     “When is that?”
     “November five… but she said she’ll try to make it on Shane’s birthday… on September sixteen…”
     “Ah… good thing you didn’t had the same experience like Shane and Adam…”
     “Yah… I got lucky there…”
     “Hey guys…” Adam said appearing from behind.
     “Hey, I’m not a guy…” I muttered.
     “Sorry… let me rephrase that… hey Nate and Alyson…”
     “Hello…”
     “So what are you two talking about?”
     “Things… just interviewing him…”
      “Really… How many questions? A hundred?” he asked sitting next to me.
     “Nope… just a thousand…”
     “Well, I’ll leave you two for now… I’ll just tell Shane something…” Nate said standing up.
     “So why didn’t you told me that you’re such an amazing singer?”
     “Because you didn’t ask…”
     “Good answer…”
     “Thanks… besides, I already told you that I compose, right?”
     “How would you like to join us on some tours?”
     “Um, I’ll think I can’t… I’m not as great and famous as you… and besides, you’re a boy band…”
     “So? I’m not asking you to be one of us, yet… just to be a special guest… and the song you’ll give us, well, of course, you need to sing that with us…”
     “Oh okay… and tomorrow I’ll give you the song… wait, are
 
 
♦112♦
 
 
you adding that to your album?”
     “Yah… we’ll ask for a last minute recording session… for sure they’ll kill us, but it’s worth it… and you’ll come with us… you don’t know, you might be famous…”
     “Okay… but I’m not that much into show-business…”
     “That’s fine…”
     “Bye Adam and Alyson… and thanks for the great time… and food…” Johnny said waving as he walk away, the others followed.
     “Bye…” Adam said. I just waved.
     “Now that they’re gone, we have our own party…”
     “Sure…”
     “Alyson, you promise…” I heard Ashley reminded from behind.
     “Of course…” I said turning around.
     “You would look so hot in this suit.” She said showing the swimsuit.
     “Sure…” I took the suit and stare at it again. Well, it’s quite pretty.
     “There’s a bathroom there… use for changing only…” she gestured to a door.
     “Okay, thanks…” I said as I walk toward the room.
     After I change, I took a peek and I saw that they were already there, except Ryan. I decided to use the robe first.
     “Hey, what’s with the robe?” Ashley asked when she saw me. She was wearing a pink and peach striped string bikini. God she was hot! No wonder she wants me to wear a swimsuit, though she’s hotter than me. How did she change that fast? I took off my robe and slowly climb down the pool.
     “Wow Ashley, you look like a twenty year old woman…”
     “Well, that’s flattering… but I’m not like that much… if Ryan’s here, he’ll tease me because of my fats… and did you see yourself?”
     “Well, not yet…”
 
 
♦113♦
 
 
     “Why not?” Adam said as he approaches us.
     “Well…” I took a deep breath as I flickered to his abs then to his face back and forth. “Um, nothing… I just don’t…” Oh, why am I getting speechless?
     “I’ll go to the other side now… just going to ask something to Shane and Nate…” Ashley said. Then she swam fast. I didn’t notice before on how huge their pool was, it’s like a three in one pool.
     “Why are you kinda speechless?” Adam asked me.
     “Um, I’m not speechless… have you been working out? Did you see yourself lately?”
     “Of course I saw myself lately… how about you?”
     “Yah… okay, I’ll just focus on your face… you’re one perfect guy…”
     “I’m not that perfect… if I’m perfect, then I should be the king of the world, and doesn’t trip…”
     “Okay… sure… I’ll go with that…”
     “Do you know how to surf?”
     “Surf? Adam, we’re in a pool! But no, I don’t…”
     “Want to go to Hawaii tomorrow? I’ll teach you…”
     “Are you kidding? Just to learn how to surf we need to go to Hawaii?”
     “Best for surfing…”
     “This is too much…”
     “That’s okay… we can ask Richard again…”
     “Well…”
     “Don’t worry about it, okay?”
     “Okay… are you really, really sure about this?”
     “Of course…”
     “How about my mom?”
     “Hey, I have an idea… how about, bring your family and I’ll bring mine…”
     “That’s too much…”
     “No it’s not… don’t be such a negative thinker… we can use
 
 
♦114♦
 
 
our private plane…”
     “You have one of that? I don’t know… people might think that I’m just using —”
     “Stop…” he said putting a finger on my lips. “This is my decision to bring you… you didn’t ask nor insist for it…”
     “But…”
     “No buts…”
     “Okay… you’re the boss…”
     “Besides, you’ll be going to school already… we can’t go to other countries anymore as long as you’re in school…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
♦115♦


© 2009 alison13


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is really enjoyable..:)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

580 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 2, 2009
Last Updated on July 3, 2009


Author

alison13
alison13

Philippines



About
my name is elaine and i'm a fourteen years old girl... i'm gonna make my description short. i only have three addictions for the moment. MUSIC, BOOKS and PHOTOGRAPHY. MUSIC had been and always will.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by alison13


Paparazzi Paparazzi

A Poem by alison13