7. VENICE

7. VENICE

A Chapter by alison13

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
7. Venice
 
     AFTER A FEW HOURS, WE REACH VENICE, ITALY. AND IT’S really cold and I’m still on a bear hug to Adam, well until we get off, of course.
     “Wow… the TV shows are right! It’s really beautiful here… and quite cold…” then I remembered that I have my crochet scarf in my bag.
     “You want me to make you warm again?” he smiled crookedly.
     “Possible… hey let’s have a picture there…” I said dragging him.
     “But who would take the picture?”
     “Wait… um you speak Italian?”
     “Nope…”
     “Um… can you ask… um…?” I flickered to Richard then back to Adam.
     “Of course…” he said after he followed my gaze.
     “Really? He won’t get… mad?”
     “Why would he be?" he turned to face him, "hey Richard, could you take a picture of us?”
     “Sure…Where?” Richard asked.
 
 
♦81♦
 
 
     “Just here…” he said gesturing to the wonderful view.
     “Okay…”
     “Hey, that looks great too…” I said dragging him again.
 

♪♫♪

 
We made a lot of poses even when feeding the pigeons. I told Richard that I’ll just be the one who’s going to take the pictures because he looks tired, though my real reason is because he doesn’t look like he’s having fun. Well Adam looks tired too but I can’t help having pictures, it’s my first time and I guess I won’t be here again.
     “Hey, aren’t you hungry yet?” Adam said after taking another picture of me.
     “Sure… but don’t you want to take a picture of you first?”
     “I only take pictures when I’m with somebody, besides; we go here a lot when I was like fourteen… so I got more pictures than you… I’m a lot like you, you know…”
     “Really?”
     “Yes… So, where are we going to eat? There are a lot of Italian cuisines here…”
     “Yah… I realize that already…”
     “Well c’mon…”
     “How about Richard?”
     “When you said that you’ll be the one taking pictures, that’s the signal for him to go… well he thinks it is…”
     “Ah…”
     “C’mon… it’s my turn to drag you…”
     “Sure…”
     We reached the restaurant called “Hostaria da Franz” that is just a few walk from Vaporetto at Giadini then I suddenly flashback to the restaurant in California where we first talk. I found the service very friendly and accommodating, an extremely pleasant change from the brusque treatment received in San Francisco. The host spoke very fluent English, Italian and French which I thought was just brilliant. The menu is
 
 
♦82♦
 
 
read to us as the chefs will serve whatever is fresh and in season (another great thing). We had sea scallops in the half shell, simply grilled with a mint and tomato salad which was deliciously fresh. Then had a spaghetti (the pasta was handmade) with langoustine which was also absolutely sensational and some fabulous local cheese to finish.
     The inside is charming and warm — exactly what you would like to see in such a romantic setting. The fixtures and lighting are all made of glass from Murano. It was a beautiful warm night so we were able to sit outside right in front of the quiet, peaceful canal.
    “Wow… it’s really charming here…”
    “Yah… once I read that this is the fourth, I think, as the best restaurant in Venice…”
    “Really…" i sighed, "Do you like screaming fans?”
     “I’m pretty used to them… I admit that when I meet them, I try to get to know them better by talking about the things they like… well, I want my fans to be comfortable talking to me… like you…”
     “Well, do you date your fans? Well except for me…”
     “Once only…”
     “Why?”
     “I can’t see any one special…”
     “How about now?”
     “You know the answer to that…”
     “I still don’t get it… you said you saw something to special to me… but what is it?”
     “well, you’re just natural… you smile with your eyes… you’re a fun spirit… and you dress for yourself not like everyone else… you even qualified for the qualities for Shane and Nate… though, all of ours are easy to get…”
     “What’s that?”
     “For Shane, well, the most important is to be good to our mom… and to Nate, is to understand our crazy schedule and
 
 
♦83♦
 
 
talk to him for hours at the phone… well, you do that to me, not to him…”
     “How would you be turn-off to a girl?”
     “I don’t like girls who smoke, curse, and talk too much about themselves…”
     “Me too…”
     After the few minutes, the waiter came with our order.
     “Thank you…” I said. Then when he left, I took a bite to the pizza then to the pasta. “They were right… you can find the best pasta at Italy…”
     “Of course…”
     “Do you like seafood?”
     “A little…”
     “You?”
     “Kinda… Is this your favorite?”
     “Kinda… hey we should have a picture here…”
     “Really? I thought you don’t want to have some pictures again…”
     “I didn’t say anything… smile…” he said holding the camera in front of us. On the first picture, I look like a fan taking a picture with a celebrity, on the second my arm is on his shoulder.
     “Now it’s my turn…” I took the camera from him and took the picture from my side. I can feel his lips on my cheeks, but I didn’t turn around to check. On the next picture, I took a stolen shot of him taking a huge bite at the pizza.
     “After we’re finish here, we’ll go straight to the seaport… remember I’ll take you home before ten?”
     “Of course… hey how come celebrities look great even in stolen shots? Not like normal people?”
     “Are you saying I’m abnormal? Just kidding… well, I think it’s just in your imagination… you look great at stolen too, you know… besides, celebrities are like other people too… they can look great or ugly, depends on their poses…”
 
 
♦84♦
 
 
     “Okay…”
     “What dessert do you want?”
     “I think I’m gonna past for it… I’m already full…” I said though I’m not finish yet.
     “You should try their tiramisu… it’s delicious…”
     “Whatever you say…”
     “Sure…” he raises his left hand to call the waiter, it only took a few seconds for him to be notice, and then he pointed the desserts he wanted.
     “What did you ordered?”
     For dessert we had to try the homemade desserts. The tiramisu was the best we had eaten all through Italy and the panna cotta was amazing. We ended the evening with homemade Limoncello which was the perfect end to a perfect evening.
     After we finished eating the dessert —which was delicious—I can’t almost stand up and Adam needs to assist me a little.
     “I told you I shouldn’t have eaten that tiramisu…”
     “The other thing I like about you, you don’t really care about gaining weight, not like other girls…”
     “Well, I’m a real foodie, though you can’t see it physically…”
     “C’mon, lets walk to the seaport now…”
     “When is the last time you went here?”
     “I’m not sure… a year ago, I think… because our schedule is really hectic… this is the only free time we have, actually, it’s strange, because the last time we’re launching our album, we don’t have this much free time we’re just living on the bus… well, after the launch, we would be gone for a lot of tours again…”
     “So how many months would you be gone?”
     “I don’t know… but not months… we could still see each other… or sometimes if you want, you could come with us…”
     “What do you think you are now if you’re not in the hottest band in the planet?”
 
 
♦85♦
 
 
     “Maybe I’m studying…”
     “I thought you’re studying?”
     “In real school… we take home school…”
     “Oh yah… I forgot…”
     “Hey, did you know that Venice has been known as the “La Dominante”, “Serenissima”, “Queen of the Adriatic”, “City of water” and the “city of life” and it is often cited as one of the most beautiful cities in the world…”
     “City of water, yes, but the others no… and how did you know about that any way?”
     “Some trivia they say when you are being toured here… though I don’t usually listen… I just pretend to be… did you know I once been lost here?”
     “Why?”
     “I was playing around and taking a lot of pictures… actually they didn’t notice that I was gone, because when I realize that I was lost I just run straight ahead… though I trip a lot…”
     “Really? Well that’s an interesting experience…”
     “Yah… I told Shane and Nate about it all day… but my parents have no idea about it…”
     “We can take the bus here…”
     “Sure…”
     It only took a few minutes to get to the seaport. I can see the other tourists on the gondola as well.
     “Hey what time is it?” I asked.
     “Six-thirty…”
     “Ah…” no wonder it’s getting dark.
     “C’mon…” he took my hand and drag me to the last gondola left, then help me to it.
     “Hey, you know the ones in the movies, where the boy sings here… well, something like that…”
     “You want me to sing to you?”
     “Sure… since you’re a lead singer on the greatest band in the planet…” then I took the camera and took a picture of him.
 
♦86♦
 
 
     “Hey!”
     “Don’t worry… you’re cute…”
     “Let me see…” then I give it to him.
     “Hey!”
     “You did it to me…” he said smiling crookedly.
     “Can I borrow it? Promise I won’t delete that hideous picture of me…”
     “It’s not hideous… you’re pretty there…” he said handling it to me.
     “Hey, we don’t have a picture here yet…”
     “Okay…” I give it to him.
     “It’s really beautiful here… thanks for bringing me here…”
     “Anything for you…”
     “But please don’t think that I’m only dating you because you’re a celebrity or because you’re rich or something like that… okay?”
     “Of course…”
     “I love you for who you are…”
     “Of course…”
      “But of course, I know that you get that to all of your exes…”
     “You’re right…”
    “But I swear—”
     “I believe you, don’t worry…”
     “Really…”
     “I already know how to know if a girl loves me for what I have… and obviously, you don’t qualify for them… yet…”
    “What do you mean by yet?”
    “I have a list on how I would know if the girl I’m dating really likes me for who I am…”
    “What are the things listed on that?”
    “I can’t tell you…”
    “Sure… whatever…”
    “You’re not upset with me, are you?”
    “No… of course not…”
 
 
♦87♦
 
 
    “Good…”
     “Hey, are there some doll shops here? Shane said something about the party of Jasmine… and he kinda invited me…”
     “Don’t worry about it… we can buy in California…”
     “He said you have a picture of her dolls and stuff toys…”
     “Yah… so what are you going to be?”
     “I’m not yet sure… but I’m thinking on going as an angel…”
     “Great… then I’ll go as a devil…”
     “That won’t suit you…” I said smiling.
     “Why?”
     “It doesn’t fit your personality…”
     “That’s okay… besides, I like the idea of the angel and devil in love…”
     “Such a forbidden love…”
     “Yah… and that’s our theme…”
     “Where can I buy a costume?”
     “Didn’t Shane tell you about our mom?”
     “He told me that your mom also worked at the theater once… as an actress then as the one who makes the costumes…”
     “Then you don’t need to worry about the costume… I bet Shane already told her about that…”
     “Shane said that you have a lot of costumes at your basement…”
      “Yah…”
     “Well, I’m a bit shy…”
     “Don’t worry… she knows you already… right?”
     “Yes…” I said though it’s a rhetorical question.
     “So what kind of party are you having again?”
     “You said you wanted a pool party, right?”
     “Well, it’s up to you… and do I really need to use the one Ashley showed me?”
     “It’s up to you…”
     “Well, I’ll just wear my own swimsuit…”
 
 
♦88♦
 
 
     “I’m just reminding you that you made a promise to Ashley that you’ll wear it the next time we have a party…”
     “Oh yah… I forgot all about it… well I can do it… I know I can, I know I can…”
     “If you want, I’ll talk to Ashley to let you pick what you want…”
     “Sure… thanks a lot…”
     “Of course…” then he looked at the guy paddling. “Hey, um, can you sing some romantic Italian songs?” he said handling some money that I didn’t notice how much.
     “Yes sir…” he said taking the money.
     I buried my face to his chest and lock my arms around his waist as I listened to the song. I can’t help closing my eyelids; it’s like someone singing another wonderful version of lullaby to a baby. I know I’m not completely asleep because I can feel something brushing through my hair, Adam’s lips? Maybe. I tried to open my eyelids and I saw the beautiful lights shining around the city as we go to the next canal. I closed my eyes again and tighten my hold to Adam; he tightens his hold to me as well.
     “This is my best day…” I murmured.
     “Mine too…” he murmured.
     “I love you…”
     “Love you too…” he took a deep breath. “I’ll call Richard now…”
     “Okay…” I said unlocking my arms.
     “You don’t have to do that…” he said pulling me back.
     “Okay… whatever you say…” I said locking my arms around him again.
     “Hello, Richard…could you fetch us now? At the same place you left us… okay… thanks…”
     “So what did he say?”
   “Of course it would take him a few hours before he goes here… want to go for another tour at the canals again?”
 
 
♦89♦
 
 
     “Sure… I’ll be delighted.”
     After a few hours, Richard fetched us and it’s already past ten.
     “Oh no… you said you’ll get me home by ten…”
     “Italy is nine hours advance from California… How about I’ll tell your mom that you had a sleepover at our house?”
     “Never mind… well I hope when we reach our house, someone would open the door for me…”
     “That’s why you should sleepover to us… we’ll be at home at almost morning already… you can take the guest room…”
     “It’s too much and too embarrassing… and I don’t have any clothes with me… I even forgot to bring and give thanks for the clothes Ashley lend to me…”
     “Don’t worry about it… you can keep those… It doesn’t fit her anymore…”
     “Are you sure? Well tomorrow don’t forget to remind me about her clothes… just in case…”
     “I told you, that wouldn’t be necessary… if you see her closet; you’ll take back all your words…”
     “But what about my mom” she would be worried…”
     “Give me your phone…”
     “Okay…” I give it to him.
     “Hello, Mrs. Smith? This is Adam Cyrus again… Alyson will be having a sleepover at our house… and don’t worry… she’ll be taking the guest room… she’ll be safe… my mom could assure you that… yes… promise… you have my word… thank you ma’am…” then he shut my phone.
     “So what did she say?” I asked though obviously she approved.
     “She said sure, just make sure that we’re not being in the same room and you’ll be back without a fetus in your stomach…”
     “Ah… she’s exaggerating… how many hours will it take to get us home?” I said yawning.
 
 
♦90♦
 
 
     “I don’t know… maybe five to seven hours… maybe we should sleep first… its exhausting going around Venice…”
     “Okay… I said burying my face to his chest again and locking my arms around him. “But I still meant what I said about this day being one of my best days…”
     “I know… like mine too.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
♦91♦


© 2009 alison13


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love your imagination... it's really awesome to have your date in venice.. that's one of the places i wanted to go.. and you made the food sound oh so delicious..

Posted 14 Years Ago


Venice sounds fun.. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


it's like i'm reading a real book! great job!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2009
Last Updated on December 9, 2009


Author

alison13
alison13

Philippines



About
my name is elaine and i'm a fourteen years old girl... i'm gonna make my description short. i only have three addictions for the moment. MUSIC, BOOKS and PHOTOGRAPHY. MUSIC had been and always will.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by alison13


Paparazzi Paparazzi

A Poem by alison13