EPILOGUE: CYCLE

EPILOGUE: CYCLE

A Chapter by alison13

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Epilogue: Cycle

 

     IT’S BEEN A MONTH NOW SINCE THE LAST ACCIDENT. ADAM and I keep looking for a girl for Shane, since he can also see how he and I being together affect him. Shane said he doesn’t need to date anyone. He’s happy on being single. He met three girls but he didn’t even try to get to know them more. He said he wants a girl who’s close to him. But how can he have a close girl friend if he doesn’t even talk to them? Today is my day off, and it will be my last chance, or I’ll give up.

     I drove to their house by three. I guess Shane is swimming now, since he found two new hobbies, the other one is painting.

     “Hey…” I said as I approach him. I was right; he was swimming in the pool.

     “Hi… so what are you doing here?” he asked still in the pool.

     “Why, can’t I go here anymore?”

     “Well, I guess you can…”

     “C’mon, lets go to the mall…”

     “I already told you like a hundred times… I don’t want to date…”

     “Hey, can’t I go with my best friend to the mall?”

     “You can go with your best friend to the mall if you won’t make him date girls he doesn’t even know…”

 

 

♦334♦

 

 

     “I didn’t say you need to date them…”

     “Really… I know you better than that…”

     “Hmm… you said you don’t want to date, but you didn’t say you don’t want to meet them…”

     “That’s the same…”

     “No it’s not… date is different from meet…”

     “Okay… but this is the last…”

     “Sure… I promise…” I raised my right hand.

     “Okay…” he climbed out of the pool and took the towel and dried himself. “Just give me a minute to change…”

     “Sure…”

     He took his clothes and went to their changing room and it really just took him a minute to change, he’s getting faster now.

 

     We reached the mall by five and I can see that there are a lot of girls just hanging around, though there are more girls with their boyfriends.

     “What if the girls you’re saying just want to date me because I’m Shane Cyrus?” Shane asked after we got off the car.

     “Well…” I bit my lip. I thought about this before, but I still don’t have my answers. “Well, I know there’s a girl that would like you for who you are… like Kyla to Nate and me to Adam…”

     “Well, there’s only one girl I know who do that… but she’s already taken…”

     “Shane…”

     “I know…”

     “Hey, there’s Rica…”

     “Who?”

     “Rica… I met her in the restaurant… she’s a regular customer as well…”

     “Oh…”

     “What do you think?”

     “Well…”

     “She’s really sweet, once you get to know her…”

 

 

♦335♦

 

 

     “I’ll try… I don’t want to be judgmental anyway…”

     “Okay…” then I faced where Rica is. “Rica!”

     “Oh hey, Alyson…” Rica greeted as she approached us.

     “How’s it going?”

     “It’s fine…”

     “Oh yah, I would like you to meet Shane…” I gestured to him.

     “Oh hey… I’m Rica Torres…” she smiled angelically as she put her hand in front of him.

     “Shane, Shane Cyrus…” he smiled and shook her hand.

     “You’re the guitarist, right?” she let go of his hand.

     “Yes, you’re right…”

     “So, what are you two doing here?”

     “I have no idea…” he murmured.

     “Um, well, I need to buy a gift for Adam… for his birthday… and I need a guy criticism…” I said.

     “Ah… well, I’ll leave you two now…”

     “Wait, um, do you have some plans today?”

     “Nope, just staying at home…”

     “Really? Well, um, then why don’t you go with us? You know, bonding time… since we only have a limited time in the spices,”

     “Sure… so what are you thinking on giving Adam?”

     “Well, I still don’t have any idea…”

     “Adam wants this bag that he can’t buy because of his hectic schedule…” Shane said.

     “Sure, where?”

     “I forgot the brand…”

     “Okay…”

     “So, what are you going to do after you buy the bag?” Rica asked.

     “Um, just hang around, I guess…”

     “Here we are… see that black sleek messenger’s bag?” Shane muttered.

 

 

♦336♦

 

 

     “Yah… so that’s what he wants…” I mumbled.

     We went in and I quickly bought the bag—which cost a hundred and fifty dollars—then went out.

     “So, where do you want to go now?” I asked.

     “Hey, I’m kinda thirsty, lets have some drinks first… there’s a starbucks there…” Shane said.

     “Sure…”

     We just bought a Frappuchino, too bad Nate’s not with us, since he’s such a coffee lover.

     “So, what are you doing here, at the mall anyway?” I asked Rica.

     “I just bought a bag of dog food for my poodle…” she answered.

     “Ah… um, are you a dog lover?”

     “Yah… I love playing with Bubbles, my poodle… and my cousins’ dogs as well…”

     “Ah… um, so what’s your favorite sport?”

     “Swimming… I’ve been swimming since I was five… it’s really my hobby…”

     “Really…” I flickered to Shane. “So, what else do you do on your free time?”

     “Well, I’m learning how to paint now…”

     “Really… you and Shane are the same… um, do you play any instruments?”

     “I’m going to try how to play the guitar…”

     “Really…”

     “Well, I just watched some shows and videos of people who played other songs, and they look amazing… and it looks fun too…”

     “Shane can teach you how to play the guitar, for free…”

     “Really? Wouldn’t that be a bother on your really hectic schedule?” she looked at Shane.

     “Well, I guess I can teach you… we don’t have any tours yet, well, until next week…” he said.

 

 

♦337♦

 

 

     “Really? You sure it’s okay?”

     “Yah, it’s cool…”

     “Thanks… and don’t worry, I’m a fast learner…”

     “Sure…”

     “So, when ca I start?”

     “I guess tomorrow will be good… you can go at my house…”

     “Okay, um, where’s your house again?”

     “It’s hard to explain… if you want I can drive you tomorrow before I go to work…” I offered.

     “Is it okay to you?”

     “Of course…”

     “Won’t that consume your time?”

     “Nope… it’s not that far… but if you don’t know the way, you might be bewildered…”

     “Oh, okay…”

     “Tomorrow on what time?”

     “I guess nine would be good… so you won’t be late as well…”

     “Sure…”

     “So, um, how long have you been playing the guitar?”

     “Since I was twelve…”

     “How about you, Shane?”

     “When I was twelve as well…” Shane mumbled.

     “And you two are really amazing… I watched all your music videos… you compose the other songs, right?”

     “Yah… actually, we composed all of our songs…” I said.

     “Is it fun being a celebrity?”

     “Sometimes… though sometimes no… I’m kinda tired of the paparazzi… but its fun performing on the stage…” he answered.

     “Really… so when’s the next album coming out? Since you haven’t release one since the last two years, if I’m not corrected…”

 

 

♦338♦

 

 

     “Maybe on late October or early November…”

     “Well, my sister is an avid fan… she’s really looking forward into it…”

    “Ah…”

     “Um, how old are you again?”

     “Twenty… Alyson and I are on the same age… how about you?”

     “I’m turning twenty this September…”

     “Really…”

     “So, do you play other instruments aside from the guitar?”

     “Drums, piano, keyboard…”

     “Ah… how about you?” she looked at me.

     “Same here…”

     “Ah… so where’s the next tour?”

     “In Pennsylvania…” Shane answered.

     “Really? That’s my hometown… and I’ll be visiting my grandparents next week… is it a coincidence or what?”

     “Really… well, I guess it’s just luck…” I said.

     “So I guess I can watch your mall tours…”

     “That’s great… so how long are you going to stay at your grandparents’?”

     “A week or two, I guess… so until when will you be on tour?”

     “About more than half a year… no, maybe until February…” Shane said.

     “Okay…” then she faced me. “I’ll miss your cooking…”

     “Don’t worry… William and Riley are both amazing chefs…”

     “Well, I know that…”

     “Hey, I’m hungry, where do you guys want to eat? My treat…” Shane said.

     “Hey, you know the Kokkari Estiatorio?”

     “Yah… that’s great… is that restaurant your favorite?”

     “Nope… my favorite is The Spices…”

     “Really…”

     “Of course…”

 

 

♦339♦

 

 

   Shane drove us to the restaurant, which is not that far. I’ve been here in California for a long time but I haven’t tried this restaurant yet, though I heard a lot of good reviews. For starters, we had Zucchini cakes, grilled octopus, the spreads, and the grilled pork belly. All four were pretty good yet the pork belly was the winner. It was juicy and flavorful, and the texture from the grilled skin, the melted fat, and the slightly crunchy cartilage was truly amazing.

     For entrée, I had the whole bronzino, which was sweet, juicy and delicious. Shane had the ever-famous Moussaka, which was extremely rich and flavorful. Rica had the grilled lamb chops. I was so busy with my fish that I stopped chatting for a while. And for dessert, Shane ordered a Baklava and Rica ordered a flourless dark chocolate cake. I was too full to enjoy dessert; a shot of grappa was the perfect ending for my dinner.

     “Maybe we should stay here a little bit longer… I’m really, really full…” I muttered.

     “Sure… I’m really full too…” Shane mumbled.

     “Me too…” Rica agreed.

     I looked around a little, and then suddenly, I froze. I saw someone I didn’t expect. A guy I know that shouldn’t be there. Adam. And he’s with another girl with a black sleek hair. Oh c’mon, does this cycle really need to continue? I forgive him then he did it again. Let me guess, he’ll find out that I found out then tell me another lie then I’ll be stupid enough to believe him again. Not this time around.

     “Alyson, what’s up?” I heard Shane asked.

     I can’t lose my focus on Adam, then he finally, he saw me. “Um, I need to go now… I’ll leave you two first…”

     “Why?”

     “Um, tomorrow I’ll tell you… I’ll just take the cab now…” I quickly stood up and went out. I impatiently waited for a cab but there’s no one in sight. I just need to have one before the person I just saw come to me again.

 

 

♦340♦

 

 

     “Alyson, wait…” Adam muttered from behind.

     “Don’t ask for forgiveness because I’m not going to give it to you…” I said still not facing him.

     “I won’t… I just need to explain…”

     “Explaining is almost the same as asking for forgiveness…”

     “No it’s not… you need to have a dictionary…”

     “Stop talking to me…”

     “Why?”

     “Because I don’t want to talk to you…”

     “I just need to explain… can you listen to me just for a second?”

     “What for?” I finally faced him.

     “Okay, first, I’m not cheating on you…”

     “The same line you said two years ago…”

     “I’ll keep saying that since its true…”

     “Yah, sure…”

     “I’m on a business meeting…”

     “Fine…”

     “You don’t believe me…”

     “Is that your explanation? I need to wait for a cab…”

     “Why don’t you believe me?”

     “Okay, you want me to tell you why I don’t believe you?”

     “Yah…”

     “Ask anybody in the restaurant who might saw you… ask them if you two don’t look like you’re dating…”

     “Like I said, I’m in a business meeting…”

     “Sure… business meeting on a restaurant that is made for romantic events…”

     “Hey, they’re made for business too…”

     “With laughing,”

     “Why? Can’t I laugh for once?”

     “And sweet talking…”

     “I’m not sweet talking her…”

     “Oh please… I already memorized your flirty ways…”

 

 

♦341♦

 

 

     “She’s Vanessa Gold…”

     “I don’t care who she is…”

     “She’s the daughter of Martin Gold—”

     “And so? You’re really saying this to me, are you… so she’s the daughter of a multi-million dollar business man with over a hundred properties… does that mean you’re going to forget about me? I gave you another chance and you waste it again…” finally, there’s a cab.

     “No…”

     “You can always break my heart… but please, don’t break it slow… you can say that, we’re over, I don’t love you anymore… I don’t feel the same again… I can always accept that, yes, it might hurt, but of course, I can always move on… but, why do you always need to do it slow? Cheating…”

     “What? No way…”

     “I trusted you again and finally, you blew it…”

     “No, I didn’t waste that chance… and like I said, I don’t need to ask for your forgiveness…”

     “Good… since I don’t have any plans giving it to you…”

     “She’s going to buy the spices, and yes, I’m selling it to her…”

     “If you’re going to sell it to her, then why didn’t you bring her in the Spices? So she can see the quality of the restaurant…”

     “Well…”

     “I’ll talk to you tomorrow, at work, sir…” then I remembered the paper bag I was holding. “Here…” I gave him the bag before I went in.

     “What’s this?”

     “It’s supposed to be a gift for you on your birthday… but since I’m not going anymore, I guess I should give it to you now… advance happy birthday…” I went in the cab.

     “Alyson…” he tapped the window but the cab drove fast.

 

     I reached my house by nine. I quickly headed to bed before

 

 

♦342♦

 

 

my parents could ask on what happened on my day like a little kid. I changed to my PJs and climbed to bed. I’ll just forget what happened this night. No, I’ll forget what happened this month, from the moment I said yes to him again. Maybe Shane was right; that I shouldn’t have gave him a chance that fast. I don’t even know him that much now, since I haven’t talk to him for two years until I went to work to be a chef to the Spices. Tomorrow maybe I’ll leave the restaurant, for good. I can’t see him again, and I don’t know if I can come with them on the tours, or in the band.

    

     I woke up, and it’s not morning yet. I heard a knock on the door. But I know it’s not from the door. It’s from the balcony and I’m not sure if I want to turn around.

     “Alyson…” Adam muttered.

     “Go home…” I stood up and closed the curtains and went back to sleep. I covered the upper half of my face with a pillow.

     I tried to sleep again but I can’t, with his knocking the same time the rain falling harder. I look at my phone and it’s already two am. I took two deep breaths and finally did what he said, just to have my sleep. “What else do you want?” I opened the door on the balcony.

     “Just let me explain first…” he shivered.

     “I already let you explain…”

     “But you didn’t believe me…”

     “Why should I?”

     “Because I’m telling you the truth…”

     “No you’re not…”

     “Just believe me first…” he’s till shivering.

     “Go home… you look sick…” I put my hand on his forehead. “Oh my God, you’re hot…”

     “I just need to explain, and then I’ll go home…”

     “You have a minute…”

 

 

♦343♦

 

 

     “Okay, before I went here, I researched on Vanessa’s biography and I memorized it. If you won’t believe me, just type

Vanessa Gold-Stanley in your laptop… she’s twenty-six years old and happily married with Richard Stanley… I repeat, happily married… c’mon, do I look like I date woman who are five years older than me and have a husband? They have one daughter named Mitchie, she’s a one year old… her father is Martin Gold who wants to buy the Spices… and since we’ll be very busy with the tours, concerts and press conferences, and of course, also album signing, interviews and a lot more, I decided to sell it to them… I already talked about it to my parents and they approved…”

     “Okay, I get it… now can you go home and rest? You’re burning in fever…”

     “You still don’t believe me?”

     “I believe you…” I looked at my nails. I can’t look at his eyes straight in the cases like this. And I know he can see the doubt in my voice.

     “I knew it… you don’t believe me…”

     “Here’s an umbrella…” I offered.

     “I don’t need that… I’m already soaking wet…”

     “Oh…”

     “I’ll just jump…” and he was serious, he did jump. “Ouch!”

     I peeked to him and he was now trying to stand up. “Are you alright?” I tried to shout but as low as possible.

     “Of course…” he stood up.

     I sat to the bed, my laptop just a few feet from me. Am I really going to search for it? I lied down the bed and covered my face again, but the temptation is really coming to me. Okay, just one peek at her biography, and I’ll sleep. I took my laptop and just quickly search for Vanessa Gold. He’s telling the truth, she is married and has a daughter. But it’s still no use if I follow him anyway. Maybe he’s at home now.

     I can’t stop myself. I took another peek and he’s walking just

 

 

♦344♦

 

 

a few miles away. Where’s his Mercedes? Is he stupid enough to not use it? Guess he is. And I’m stupid enough to not believe him. But I can’t blame myself, who won’t think they’re dating, in a romantic restaurant. I took the umbrella and tiptoed myself out.

     I tried to run to him, just to tell him that I believe him, since he knows that I don’t trust him. Then suddenly, I saw a truck that is driving toward him, which was quite fast and obviously had no plan stopping.

     “Adam! Watch out!” I screamed, my hands trembling. I don’t know what to do, but suddenly, my mind ordered me to run. I let go of the umbrella and pushed him away with myself just in time before we both get hit. I didn’t know how I did it, but I’m glad I’m running faster now. I landed on top of him.

     “What was that for? Why didn’t you let me die? Since you don’t even believe me…”

     “Don’t be such a drama king… though you’re really one…”

     “That’s not the point…”

     “First of all, I don’t want you to die and like I said, I really do believe you…”

     “You searched her in the net, did you?”

     “Yah…”

     “So you forgive me?”

     “You didn’t ask for forgiveness, remember?”

     “Oh yah…”

     “Besides, why should I forgive you? It’s my fault anyway… on me being such a jerk for being jealous at such things…”

     “Um, can we stand up first?”

     “Oh, sorry…” I stood up and helped him. “You’re still on fire…”

     “That’s okay… oh yeah, thanks for the bag…”

     “That’s nothing…”

     “You know, we really need to break this cycle…”

     “What cycle?” I asked though I already have one in mind.

 

 

♦345♦

 

 

     “You know, I really have to be hit or almost hit by a car just for you to forgive me…”

     “Sure… besides, I don’t need to forgive you again, right?”

     “Of course…”

     “Don’t tell me you’re—”

     “Of course not…” he put his arms around my waist.

     “Just one more thing…”

     “What’s that?”

     “Whenever you’re going out with a girl, tell me… and hey, try not to go to a restaurant where we’re going…” I threw my arms around his neck,

     “Promise…” he put his forehead on mine.

     “Did you know that I missed your straight hair?”

     “Really…”

     “You know, you should really go home now, the rain is falling ha—”

     Suddenly he found my lips and I kissed him back. “If you get sick, it’s my fault, right?” he whispered to my ear.

     “I guess so…”

     “But you said I can’t say sorry anymore…”

     I looked up, and the rain is falling harder. “That’s okay… you can’t ask for another forgiveness starting tomorrow…” I looked at him.

     He found my lips again and I found his. I guess it’s already three am, but I don’t really care. I swear to myself that I’ll always trust him and never let go of him again, like a jerk I am two years ago. And I guess not all that I promise to myself need to be followed; promises are made to be broken. Especially the one I just said last night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

♦346♦



© 2009 alison13


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read the whole book and I liked it, you're a great writer. One thing, the dudes, Shane, Adam, and Nate, they reminded me of the Jonas Brothers. Was that intentional or just a coincidence?

Posted 14 Years Ago


finished the book.. amazing job.. it was really entertaining and fascinating..

Posted 14 Years Ago


i just finished the whole book!! love it, you're a great author! can't wait for the next book...:D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hurray, done with the whole book.
great job!
i really enjoyed it.
:D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

553 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2009


Author

alison13
alison13

Philippines



About
my name is elaine and i'm a fourteen years old girl... i'm gonna make my description short. i only have three addictions for the moment. MUSIC, BOOKS and PHOTOGRAPHY. MUSIC had been and always will.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by alison13


Paparazzi Paparazzi

A Poem by alison13