3. VIEW

3. VIEW

A Chapter by alison13

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3. View

 

     WE TOOK A STEP OUTSIDE THE BUS. I SAW A HOUSE THAT WAS timeless and graceful. It was painted a soft, fade white, three stories tall, rectangular and well proportioned. The windows and doors were either part of the original structure or a perfect restoration.

     “Wow…” was all I could say.

     “What do you think?” Adam asked.

     “It’s really…. Beautiful”

     We walk to the front porch step until he opened the door.

     The inside looks amazing. It was very bright, very open and very large. This must have originally been several rooms, but the walls had been removed from most of the first floor to create one wide place.

     The back, south-facing wall had been entirely replaced with glass, and, beyond the shade of the cedars, the lawn stretched bare to the wide pool. A massive curving staircase dominated the west side of the room. The walls, the high-beamed ceiling, the wooden floors and the thick carpets were all varying shades of white.

     “You’re not much of a fan of white, are you?” I said jokingly.

     “Well, our mom is such a neat-freak…” he said sheepishly. 

     We walked up the massive staircase; the long hall at the top

 

 

♦23♦

 

of the stairs was paneled with a honey-colored wood, the same as the floor boards.

     “Nate’s room… Shane’s room…” he gestured as he led me past the doors.

     “And here’s my room…” he informed me, smiling. He opened it and pulled me through.

     “His room was facing south, with a wall-sized window like the great room before. The whole back side of the house must be glass.

     The western wall was completely covered with shelf after shelf of CDs and books. In the corner was a sophisticated-looking sound system. And there was a colossal bed that dominated the central space.

     The coverlet was a dull gold, just lighter than the walls; the frame was black, made of intricately patterned wrought iron. Sculpted metal roses wound in vines up the tall posts and formed a bowery lattice overhead.

     “Wow… your room is… amazing…” I said still flickering back and forth to the CDs, stereo and colossal bed. “You have a great architect… this must have cost you a lot…”

     “The materials yes… Our dad is our architect so it’s free…”

     “He must have put a lot of effort on this house…”

     “Yes… did you know that most celebrities hire him?”

     “Really? Is that what Shane told —”

     “Yes… before he became a song writer actually… he’s the one who taught us how to write songs, and he’s the one who wrote the first songs on our album, which you bought if I’m not corrected.” He said smiling crookedly.

     “He’s amazing…”

     “Hey want some snack?”

     “Sure…”

     He led me downstairs through the bright living room, around the corner to the dining room. The walls were white, the ceilings high, like the living room. In the center of the room, under the

 

 

♦24♦

 

low hanging chandelier, was a large, polished oval table surrounded by eight chairs.

     “Hey want some pizza?”

     “Sure, I’ll just go on what you’ll eat…”

     He held the phone and dialed the numbers.

     “Hello there.” A woman said, wearing a white blouse and khaki pants.

     I smiled politely, though I’m not sure who she is.

     “I’m Ashley Cyrus, Adam’s mom, and you must be Alyson Smith.” she stretched her hand in front of me.

     “Nice meeting you Mrs. Cyrus.” I said shaking her hand.

     “You must be very special; Adam never took any of the girls he dated in the house. Well except for one…”

     “Really? Well um… that’s kind a… flattering I think…” I bit my lip.

     “Um… where are Shane and Nate?” I asked changing the topic.

     “Here…” Nate came in raising his hand, like a student when he says present to a teacher checking their attendance.

     “What did you ordered?” Shane asked only looking at Adam.

     “Two boxes of pizza…” He answered.

     “With pepperoni and cheese?”

     “Yes… of course.”

     “Hey, maybe we should take some pictures… you know… as a souvenir…” Shane said flickering at me.

     “Wait here… I’ll go take the camera.” Ashley said.

     “What pose should I do?” Shane asked me.

     “I don’t know… you look great in every pose…” I said trying to be friendly.

     “I’m back…” she said. “First of course, Adam and Alyson…” she smiled at me.

     Adam pulled me in the waist, I looked at him then he gestured the camera. I put a smile on my face, keeping it

 

 

♦25♦

 

simple. We took turns on taking pictures. Finally the last picture, we self-timed it then we all took a wacky pose. Though I’m not yet one of them, I feel like one.

     A few minutes later the door bell rang.

     “That must be it… I’ll get it…” Nate said.

     “That would be fifteen dollars…” I heard the pizza guy said.

     “Here, keep the change…”

     “Thank you sir, you’re very generous…”

     “Don’t mention it.” Nate said closing the door. “Here” He put the pizza down the table.

     “How come the pizza took so long?” I asked Adam.

     “Why? Did that keep you starving?”

     “Nope… I’m just curious…”

     “Later, you’ll see…” he smiled crookedly.

     We took a slice and took another picture.

     “Hey can we have some pictures here too?” I asked remembering that I have my cell phone on my bag.

     “Sure…” Adam said.

     We took turns on my cell phone taking picture again and posing different kinds of wacky poses.

     I look outside and it seems that it’s already getting dark.

     “Hey, what time is it?” I finally asked.

     “It’s already six thirty…” Adam said.

     “Oh… well I need to go… nice meeting you…” I said still smiling.

     “I’ll drive you home.” Adam said finishing his third slice of pizza.

     “Okay… thanks…” I didn’t argue anymore because I’m not familiar or even close, to knowing the way outside.

     He held my hand and led me out the door and to their garage. He took a key from his pocket and pressed it. It was a key for a glossy black Mercedes.

     “How many cars do you have?” I asked.

     “Including the bus, five.”

 

 

♦26♦

 

     “Oh…”

    “Why? Don’t you want to ride my black Mercedes? We can take Nate’s red convertible or Shane’s yellow Ferrari, or my parent’s silver Volvo.”

     “Whoa… wait a minute… you have individual cars?”

     “My parents don’t…” He smiled crookedly.

     “Did you buy it yourself or a gift?”

     “Gift…”

     “To all of you?”

     “Yes… remember? Famous… dad as architect…”

     “Oh yah… sorry… I should have never asked.”

     “That’s okay…”

     We rode his black Mercedes; I could see that they’re not living, or not even close, to the subdivision. They are in the center of the meadow where you can only see the forest on your way out. No wonder the pizza guy took too long to deliver.

     “Why do you live in the meadow?” I asked.

     “Well… actually that’s just our “relaxing house”… you know… to relax and get away from fans…”

     “So you really have a house in the subdivision?”

     “Yes… actually we have two… one our grandparents gave to our parents after they got married, the second my dad made… just like the “relaxing house”…”

     “When do you go to your normal house?”

     “Actually, we don’t really live to our normal house… we like our relaxing house better…”

     “Oh… so you don’t go to your real house anymore?”

     “Yes… that’s right… well, except if our grandparents come… they said they like our original house better…”

     “So how minutes does it take to travel from there to the city?”

     “Usually, thirty to forty minutes…”

     “Ah…”

     “No more twenty questions?” he smiled crookedly.

 

 

♦27♦

 

     “Nope…”

     “Well, I do…”

     “What’s that?”

     “How come you’re not like other fans? You know… screaming the first time they see celebrities…”

     “Well… I just treat celebrities like normal people… and besides, you put your hand on my lips the first time we met, right? So how can I scream?” I smiled.

     “So it’s okay to you to go with me, you know like as my date, on the launch of our next album…” he said, not as a question.

     “Sure… if I can go home alive after that…”

     “Why?”

     “Well… of course many or maybe I should say all the girls fantasize you… and I’m just an ordinary girl like them…”

     “Don’t worry about it… I bring all my girlfriends —” I cut him off.

     “Whoa… I still didn’t say we’re already together…”

     “But—” I cut him off again.

     “Just kidding… But of course… you didn’t ask me yet…”

     “Oh alright… will you be my girlfriend?”

     “I’ll think about it… ”

     “Then you mean, when you say yes you will —” I cut him off again.

     “Oops… still not yet…”

     “But when will you be?”

     “Um… when’s your birthday?”

     “August fifteen…”

     “Okay… it’s settled, on your birthday… I’ll be ready…”

     “Yes! Is that sure?’

     “Yes… promise…”

     “And what date is today?” he asked sarcastically.

     “It’s July…?”

     “sixteen…” he said.

     “What?! But it —”

 

 

♦28♦

 

     “You made a promise…” he put his finger on my lips.

     “Oh, alright…” I gave up.

     “Oh yah, I forgot… tomorrow we’re going to leave…”

     “Why?”

     “We’ll be having a concert tour…”

     “Okay… so when will you be back?”

     “After a week or two… or three…”

     “Okay…”

     “Don’t worry… I’ll text and call you everyday…”

     “Sure…”

     “Don’t worry… I won’t date any one…”

     “I’m not worrying about that…”

     “Ah… let me guess… you’re worried that when I came back I won’t like you as before…”

     “Um, that’s one of it…”

     “Like I said… don’t worry about it… a single thing… you still didn’t say yes to me…”

     I punched him on the shoulder lightly.

     “Just kidding…” he added.

     “I’ll say yes when you came back… just to be sure… besides… I just met you like a week ago… who’s in a hurry?”

     “Okay… I can wait forever if you want…”

     “I told you… that line, really lame…” since I heard that before.

     “Really…”

     “You know, before, I said to myself that, I’d rather wait forever for the perfect guy that to settle with any other man…”

     “Is that the reason why you never had a boyfriend before?”

     “Kinda yes…”

     “Do you promise that when I come back, you’ll still be Alyson… that you wouldn’t change a bit?”

     “Sure… I will be as plain as you left me… as if you never left…”

     He chuckled.

 

 

♦29♦

 

   “When is the launch any way?” I change the topic.

     “I’m not yet sure… but it’s around August…”

     “What did you saw in me? I mean, there are so many girls, who are really prettier than me, and… you know…”

     “Well… the first time I saw you, it’s like, I know you’re the one… I dated a lot of girls… but I never felt this thing before… yes I fell in love to some of them… but there is something very special in you… but I still don’t know what it is…”

     “You’re just making that up…” I said, though I’m still hoping that was the truth.

     “I’m not making that up… promise… cross my heart and hope —” I cut him off.

     “Okay… don’t mind saying the last word…” I bit my lip.

     “But really, there is something, very, very special in you… I’m still waiting to find out…”

     “I think I know it…”

     “What’s that?”

     “I’m pretty abnormal… you see, who doesn’t want to kiss a super hot and cutie like you?”

     “Yes… you’re right… absolutely right… pretty yes, abnormal? Not yet sure…” he said playing with my curls.

     “You’re just being nice…”

     “I’m not… or maybe I am…” he said jokingly.

     “But really… why are you so nice to me? And why did you introduce me to your parents? I mean, no offense, but my parents still doesn’t know I already met you…”

     “Like I said… you’re special… and different… and do you know that you also look like a doll… except that, you’re real and alive…”

     “Okay, um, is that an insult or a compliment?”

     “Hey, dolls are pretty…”

     “Sure… whatever… I’m your doll that you could play and bring everywhere you like and when you get tired of it, you’ll just leave it somewhere else…”

 

 

♦30♦

 

     “Well, you’re not an ordinary doll, you’re like a priceless porcelain doll… breakable, but really have a charm…”

     “Sure…”

     We reached my house at exactly six forty.

     “Thanks for the ride…” I said waving goodbye.

     “Don’t I get a goodbye kiss?”

     “On your birthday… remember?”

     “On the cheek? Please?” he smiled pleadingly.

     “Oh alright… but don’t cheat, okay?”

     “Promise…” I kiss him on the cheek hoping no one saw me.

     “Bye…”

     “Bye… love you…”

     “Whatever… and again, lame” I whispered and hop outside.

     I went inside and took a peek if someone saw me. When I saw that it was clear, I hurried up to my room. I changed my clothes and wrote to my diary about my day, and well, about Adam.

     “Alyson, it’s me, Suzie… can I come in?” I already know its Suzie. She’s the only one who has that sweet lollipop voice.

     “Sure…”

     “Here’s the CD you said you want to borrow…” She handed me all the albums of “the unknown”

     “Thanks…”

     “Hey, what are you writing?”

     “Oh nothing… just about my day…”

     “Really? Can I read it?”

     “Um… sorry but—”

     “Please?” she puts her puppy dog eyes.

     “Okay… but please, please don’t tell anyone … swear?”

     “Super secret swear!” she raised her right hand.

     “Promise me you won’t scream first…”

     “Promise…”

     “Well here it is…” I gave my diary.

     I can see that her eyes are wide open on every word I wrote

 

 

♦31♦

 

down. I can see that possibly, she won’t believe it.

     “Really?!”

     “Um… yes…”

     “I don’t believe you…” there’s a doubt on her voice, though half of it is a possibility of believe.

     “Good…” I whispered.

     “Do you have some pictures?”

    “Um… no…” I need to practice my lying.

     “Please, please show me? Alyson, you’re not a great actress you know.”

     “Here…” I gave her my cell phone. Well she could see it when she opens it. I shouldn’t make it a primary.

     “Wow! You really did meet them!” she shouted.

     “Sssh! You promise!”

     “Oops! Sorry… how did you… why didn’t you…?”

     “I meet Adam first, at the CD store when I bought their album. I don’t want them to know because… well, because… maybe because I’m not ready…”

     “Not ready for what?”

     “For my mom to know that I’m dating a—”

     “Who are you dating on the three?”

     “Adam…” I bit my lip then continued. “Well, you see, I never tried dating… again… especially celebrities! And I’m not sure on what my mom would think…”

     “I’m pretty sure you should say it to her… you know, than she knowing on other people, not me! But you know… like on TV…”

     “Oh yah! I forgot I’m going to come with them on the launch of their new album!”

     “You need to say it to her, gently…”

     “Okay… I need to have my script and—”

     “I’m on it!” she said and walks out the door before I could object. I took a deep breath and buried my face to the pillow… I’ll just be calm; I just can’t imagine how my mom would react when I say that I’m dating a super hot celebrity.

 

 

♦32♦



© 2009 alison13


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was superb once again. I am kind of wondering whether alyson's mom is going to flip out when she hear's that her daughter is dating a superstar. Well my guess is that she will say that celebrities are not to be taken at face value and that she is sure that alyson is going to suffer from a broken heart. Hmmm. That kind of sounded interesting. I will skip to the next chapter now to see if I was correct !

Posted 14 Years Ago


Again flow of story is excellent. Your detail and description was very good. A pleasure to read.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


each chapter makes me curious to know whats happening next.
seriously.
ahahhaha.

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

478 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 2, 2009


Author

alison13
alison13

Philippines



About
my name is elaine and i'm a fourteen years old girl... i'm gonna make my description short. i only have three addictions for the moment. MUSIC, BOOKS and PHOTOGRAPHY. MUSIC had been and always will.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by alison13


Paparazzi Paparazzi

A Poem by alison13