10. MEETING

10. MEETING

A Chapter by alison13

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10. Meeting

 

     I GOT HOME BY NINE. OKAY, I’M JUST PLANNING ON HOW I will say it to them that Adam and his family planned to go to Hawaii with me and my whole family, which is them.

     “So how’s Adam party?” Amy asked.

     “It’s great… and your Porsche is fine…”

     “Okay…”

     “Um, can I talk to all of you?”

     “Sure… what for?”

     “Where’s the other?”

     “Wait… Abby, Suzie and Jeremy… Alyson wants to talk to us…”

     “So what’s up?” Suzie said coming from upstairs.

     “Yes sweetie?” Abby said coming from the living room and Jeremy behind him.

     “Um, Adam and his family want us to come with them at Hawaii… so is it okay to you?”

     “Of course!” Suzie said excitedly.

     “But…” Abby cut herself off.

     “Yah… I already told Adam that it’s too much… but he insisted and Ashley as well… and I can’t say no to them…

 

 

♦116♦

 

 

Shane and Nate said they would love to meet you too…”

     “Okay… but when?”

     “Tomorrow…” I bit my lip.

     “Isn’t it too fast? We haven’t got a ticket yet…”

     “We’ll be using their private plane…”

     “Oh… okay…”

     “Am I included?” Jeremy asked. He doesn’t talk to me much, so I was a little surprised.

     “Of course…” I smiled at him.

     “Thanks Alyson…” he smiled back.

     “What time?” Amy asked.

     “I insisted that we drive ourselves tomorrow, though Adam keeps insisting to fetch us, well I said it’s too much, blah, blah, blah… well, at least I won the debate… besides, I already know the way to their house, so maybe at six at the morning…”

     “Okay…”

     “I’m going to bed now… goodnight…”

     “Night…” Suzie said.

     “Goodnight…” Abby echoed.

     I changed to my PJs and brushed my teeth then climbed to my bed. I remembered that I promise Adam that I’ll give him the song tomorrow. It only took me an hour to finish it, though I still don’t have a title for it, I’ll just let them decide. Then I went back to sleep.

 

     I woke up a little early, for myself not to others, it’s four in the morning, but I decided to do my own routine. Brush my teeth, take a bath, and check my emails. I wore my black and red graphic print bikini underneath so I’ll just take my clothes off later and then I packed my extra clothes—the ones I forgot to use yesterday— and then went downstairs. I notice that I’m not the only one who’s awake—well, that’s not a surprise... I’m usually the last one to wake up.

     “Good morning…” I said.

 

 

♦117♦

 

 

     “Hey, you’re awake… early…” Abby said.

     “Yah… um, what’s for breakfast?”

     “cinnamon toast…”

     “Okay…”

     “Good morning…” Jeremy said.

     “Where’s Suzie?” I asked.

     “Guess she’s still asleep… she’s the last one to sleep… she’d been deciding on what she’ll wear…” Amy said.

     “Ah… well, that’s odd… I’m usually the last one to wake up…”

     “Yah… congrats to you…”

 

     After we eat, we headed to Adam’s house, and Amy let me drive her Porsche again, at least now she knows that I’m very careful at my driving and not as reckless as the other fast drivers, though I’m still fast.

     “Hey Alyson!” I heard Adam greeted. He must have notice me from around the corner.

     “Hey Adam…” I said as I got out of the car.

     “You ready?” he pulled me closer.

     “Of course…” I was about to kiss him when my mom cleared her throat. “Oh right, I forgot…” I said sarcastically. “You must remember my mom, Amy, Suzie, and Jeremy…”

     “Nice meeting you all again…” Adam smiled then nodded once.

     “It’s so kind of you and your parents to let us come…” Abby said.

     “Well, they said they’d like to take the opportunity on meeting you…”

     “Ah…”

     “What time are we going?” I asked.

     “Right about now… oh yah, the plane is broken so we’re going to use our helicopters…”

     “Helicopters?”

 

 

♦118♦

 

 

     “We’ll be using three helicopters…”

     “Sure it’s okay? I mean, we can postpone it if you want…”

     “Yah, of course… and dad can’t make it… he has some things to finish…”

     “Okay…”

     Then the helicopters landed one by one.

     “On the first one, you, me and Shane, the second will be Nate, Ashley and Jeremy…” he looked at Jeremy as if asking for his approval. Jeremy just nodded. “Then on the third will be the rest…”

     “Okay…”

     “And we already have a cottage at Hawaii that has a capacity of twenty people… well c’mon…” he took my hand and helped me to the helicopter. I can see that Shane is already seated.

     “Hey Shane…” I said.

     “Oh hey!” he said.

     “Okay, Richard, lets go…” Adam commanded.

     “Are they okay back there?” I asked.

     “Of course…”

     “How many hours would it take from here to Hawaii?”

     “Five to six hours… in plane…”

     “Adam, why are you doing this?”

     “Doing what?”

     “This… taking me and my family to Hawaii…”

     “I just want you to be happy… most girls I knew love traveling…”

     “I love to travel too… but…”

     “But what?”

     “Don’t worry Alyson, Adam always do this to his past girlfriends…” Shane added.

     “Well, I’m just thinking, you did a lot for me and I did nothing yet for you…”

     “Hey, you gave me my most wanted shirt ever…” he said.

 

 

♦119♦

 

 

     I just raised one eyebrow.

     “Besides, it’s only Italy and Hawaii…”

     “Yah… I guess Adam got tired of Paris and Barcelona…” Shane chuckled.

     “Shut up…” Adam said.

     “Oh yah, here’s the song…” I gave the paper to Shane.

     “So how will you sing this?”

     “Did you bring your guitar?”

     “Yah… wait… here…” he said handing me his guitar.

     “Thanks… but sorry for the tone of my voice… I’m not very good…” I said then I sang the song.

      “It’s catchy…” Shane commented.

     “Hey, I have an idea, how about we send a video to Nate?” Adam said.

     We used Shane’s phone to take the video, I was the one mostly singing the song since Shane decided that he’ll take the video and Adam said he’ll be an extra— well, my duet— but he’s just making some funny faces. It took us longer than we expected to finish the whole song because it’s always laughing, or “I forgot the next line” but mostly laughing. After the twentieth take, we finally got to past from the chuckling.

     “So Nate, just sit back…” Adam said.

     “And relax as you watch this video and don’t forget…” I continued then cut off.

     “To send us your comment, violent reaction, suggestions, etc…” Shane finished. Then he clicked save.

     “Can we watch it now?” I asked.

     “Sure… here…” Shane said handing it to me.

     “OMG, this is so hilarious! You can put this in you tube…”

     “Sure… the music video of… wait, what’s the title of this song?” Adam asked.

     “What do you like? I still don’t have a title for it…” I asked.

     “Hmm… how about… impossible…” Shane offered.

     “Sure… since it’s about a boy and a girl who no one taught

 

 

♦120♦

 

 

that could be a couple… and there’s some struggles between them…”

     “Then it’s settled… impossible is the title… since that word is in the refrain and chorus anyway…”

     “Hey, when did you start this song writing?” Shane asked.

     “When I was like twelve… it just pop out to me…”

     “Who taught you?”

     “Nobody… like I said it just pop out to me…”

     “Ah… really… impressive…”

     “Um, how about you?”

     “When I was like thirteen I took some workshops for it… then our dad taught us too…”

     “How about you? Do you know how to compose songs?”

     “Yah… a little…”

     “Hey look, Nate replied from our video… he said it’s cool, and obviously, Alyson should be our lead singer to that song… not Adam…”

     “Sure…” Adam said.

     “He also asked on when we will put it on the last minute recording session…” Shane continued.

     “Tell him tomorrow or the day after that…”

     “Wait, am I really joining you to sing that song?”

     “Yah…”

     “Okay… one more thing… can I play the guitar too?”

     “Sure…” Shane answered quickly.

     “Thanks… hey, want to learn how to play it on guitar now?”

     “Sure…”

 

     After a few hours we reached Hawaii. As I step out the helicopter, I can breathe the soft breeze of the island. I can see the glittering ocean, large waves, yet still very relaxing. It matches the soft swaying of the palm trees.

     “Wow… it’s really beautiful here!” it’s still very relaxing even though there’s a lot of people snorkeling and playing at the beach.

 

♦121♦

 

 

     “C’mon, lets go… they’re already waiting at the cottage…” Adam said as he pulled me on the waist.

     I looked around and I notice that only I and Adam are left. “Sorry…” I said.

     He led me to the large cottage. “This is Mary…” Adam said as he introduced me to a woman at about Ashley’s height. “She’s the housekeeper here…”

     “Ah… nice meeting you…” I said putting my hand in front of me.

     “A pleasure to meet you…” She said as she shook my hand.

     “Well, c’mon, lets have a swim… Mary, is the surfboards ready?” Adam asked.

     “Yes sir…” she answered politely.

     “Well then, Alyson, change to your swimsuit and you’ll have a lesson 101 with Mr. Adam Cyrus…” he said to me.

     “Yes sir… but can we leave the surfing for later and just have fun first?” I asked.

     “Oh alright… but I’ll have a tip after this, okay?”

     “Of course… are we staying here overnight?”

     “Certainly…”

     “Okay…”

 

     After we change to our swimsuits— well, they change to their swimsuits; I just took off my clothes because I’m already wearing mine— we headed to the ocean. I didn’t notice before that Adam’s not the only one who has a six-pack abs. Shane and Nate as well. I can see that Suzie decided to wear her red, white, and navy boyleg two piece swimsuit while Abby wore her green and white striped one-piece cutout with ruffles and Amy wore her silver one-piece cutout swimsuit while Ashley wore her white and pink interlocking bandeau.

     “Hey, you want to play beach volleyball?” Adam asked me.

     “Sure!”

     “Hey guys! Lets play beach volleyball… girls versus boys…”

 

 

♦122♦

 

 

     “Sure!” Nate and Shane said in synchronization.

     “I’ll be the referee…” Ashley volunteered.

     “Sure…” I said then I looked at Adam. “I’m just warning you, I’m a varsity on volleyball…” I said knotting my hand in his hair.

     “Okay… I’d just like to say that every summer I play beach volleyball with my brothers and we never lose a game… ever…”
     “Am I smelling a challenge?”

     “Hmm…” he sniffs around. “I think you do…”

     “How about we have a little bet?” I said locking my arms around his neck.

     “What bet would that be?”

     “If I win, you would stop bringing me to different countries… well, except if necessary…”

     “And if I win… you won’t argue with me on where I want to bring you … and on the expenses… you see I’m planning on bringing you to Tokyo Japan, on Disneyland, a few days before Christmas…”

     “Okay then… it’s a deal… and no need to bring me there… I already went there… twice…” I put my hand in front of us.

     “Deal…” he shook my hand and smiled crookedly.

     “Well then, lets play…”

     They set up the net and I pretend to stretch, Adam as well. Then I put my curls on a ponytail. On the first round, we were leading by one point. Then on the second round, Adam’s team was leading by one point as well. On the third one, we were a tie and now there’s only thirty seconds we are still in a tie. Adam always trip himself intentionally just to not miss the ball, well, I was too. On the end it was a draw.

     “So how’s that?” I asked.

     “Guess the deal’s off… We’ve been playing for almost all afternoon!” Adam said.

     “Well, okay…” I said as I wipe the sweats off my face.

     “Hey, you kids have some snacks first…” Ashley said.

 

 

♦123♦

 

 

     “Okay…” we answered at the same time.

     “After this we’ll go surfing…”

     “Yes sir…”

 

     After we eat, I carried one of the surfboards— which is not as heavy as I thought it would be— and we headed to the ocean. It’s quite hard to learn how to surf at first, but I got the hang of it at last. I got to give Adam a credit for it; he’s really a good teacher on this.

     “Wow that was fun!” I said after the last wave.

     “Yah… but I’m very exhausted now… can we take a break first?” Adam asked.

     “Yes sir…” I went to kissed him. “That’s my tip…”

     “You know, I’m really, really exhausted…”

     “Don’t push it…”

     “Please?”

     “Maybe later… I’m a little hungry…”

     “Oh alright… but you owe me…”

     “Sure, whatever…” we went back to the white sand where Suzie, Jeremy and Shane are building a sandcastle over Nate.

     “How’s the castle doing?” Adam asked.

     “Great…” Shane answered.

     “If I throw a rock on your castle, would you kill me?”

     “Maybe…”

     “Well then…” Adam grabbed a shell and threw it at their castle. “You said you’ll kill me if I throw a rock… so I just threw a shell…”

     “Yah… we won’t kill you… just chase you…”

     “Guess I better run?”

     “Lucky guess, shell boy…” Nate said.

     “Shell boy? Where the heck did you get that?”

     “Nothing…”

     “Well then… you better run fast sand boy… if you want to catch me…”

 

 

♦124♦

 

 

     “Sand boy?”

     “Whatever…” then Adam started running.

     “He’ll be back…” Shane said.

     “Yah… I chuckled.

     “Want to eat?”

     “Sure… but what about Adam?” I asked flickering to Adam still running around.

     “He’ll be fine… c’mon, I’m a little hungry…” he put one arm around my shoulder.

     “Okay…”

     “Hey guys! Why aren’t you chasing me?” Adam shouted a few miles from us.

     “Whatever… we’re hungry… maybe later…” Nate said.

     “Oh alright…” he said running back to us.

     We went at the side of the cottage where there is a large wooden table that is surrounded of ten chairs.

     “Hey, that looks amazing… who became the chef of the day?” Nate asked.

     “Amy and Abby helped me…” Ashley said.

     “Well, they did almost all the work…” Abby added.

     “And I didn’t know that Amy is such a great cook!” Ashley smiled at Amy.

     “Well, I just like doing it…” Amy said, obviously flattered.

     “What’s your specialty anyway?”

     “Mexican dishes…”

     “Ah… could you teach me some?”

     “Sure… when do you want?”

     “How about this weekend? Can I go to your house?”

     “Sure… why not… it would be my pleasure…”

     “What do you call these dishes?” I asked.

     “This is Mai Tai, Colada, Blue Hawaii, Lava Flow… we just learned it from the cookbook in Luau… and this Hawaiian’s own version of barbecued chicken which is cooked with Huli-huli sauce…” Ashley gestured to every dish. Then she took a

 

 

♦125♦

 

 

deep breath. “Oh yah, later we’ll go to Maui… there’s nothing like an evening under the stars to take you back to the days of early Polynesia to enjoy the traditional music, dances, food and fun of a Luau…”

     “Do you go to a Luau every time you’re here?” I asked as we all sit down.

     “Yes… you see, when you don’t go to a Luau, it’s like going to Paris without going to the Eiffel tower…”

     “Ah…”

     “The excitement never misses a beat during the ‘drums of the pacific’ luau, taking place nightly at the Hyatt regency Maui’s sunset stage… then your evening begins with a traditional Hawaiian lei greeting, complimentary cocktails and demonstrations of native Polynesian crafts and customs, including a hula lesson…”

     “I tried that once…” Adam added.

     “Well, I can’t wait to go there…” Suzie said.

     “It’s already four… two to three hours to go…” Shane said.

     “Maybe we should try this time the ‘Royal Lahaina Luau’…” Nate said.

     “What’s that?” Jeremy asked before I could.

     “Well, from the aloha shell lei greeting to the dazzling fire dance finale, the royal lahaina luau will immerse you in an unforgettable cultural celebration of dance, music, food and traditions of Hawaii and other Polynesian islanders…

     “With the pacific ocean and neighboring islands of Lanai and Molokai as a backdrop, join the royal lahaina resort ohana in the oceanfront luau gardens at sunset for arts and crafts demonstrations, photo opportunities, a Mai tai and Imu ceremony before heading to the all-you-can-eat buffet dinner… I don’t need to tell you all the foods… maybe later… 

     “Then the real fun begins as a cast of dancers, musician and fire artists take the stage for a dynamic Polynesian Revue, weaving the legends of Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa and Maui into

 

 

♦126♦

 

 

graceful hulas and spell-binding performances…”

     “How did you know all about this?” I asked.

     “I have my source… and I’m a computer geek…”

     “Ah… well, can’t wait for later…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

♦127♦

 



© 2009 alison13


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

still great... i like the way you described hawaii.. like in venice, one of my favorite places.. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hawaii sounds really interesting..good job..

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

604 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 2, 2009


Author

alison13
alison13

Philippines



About
my name is elaine and i'm a fourteen years old girl... i'm gonna make my description short. i only have three addictions for the moment. MUSIC, BOOKS and PHOTOGRAPHY. MUSIC had been and always will.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by alison13


Paparazzi Paparazzi

A Poem by alison13