12. OVER

12. OVER

A Chapter by alison13

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
12. Over
 
     “IT’S OKAY… I MEMORIZED MY SPEECH ALREADY… I LOOK fine tonight…” I chanted to myself as I look in the mirror. I decided to wear my blue chiffon dress and my glittering silver high heels, my graduation robe over my hand. The days passed so quickly that before I knew it, nine months is over. And now, here I am, the new girl in town that no one thought to be the valedictorian, only minutes from graduation. I’m only deciding now on where I will study at college. I’m already been accepted at Harvard and Dartmouth.
     “Hey Alyson, come down now… we will be late…” my dad said. Since he was informed that I’ll be the valedictorian, he became the “proud one” well, at least he’s not over protective. He let Adam visit me at our house— which was really amazing; his filthy rich client is really generous for giving us such a house— or I’ll go to their house. He said that he like Adam, though action speaks louder than words, and obviously, he wants Shane for me.
     I sat at the end of my bed first to relax myself. My bedroom is quite different from the look of the room I had back in Boston, — which is all white and blue from the bed, to the carpet to the shelves and drawers— the walls were painted baby pink that
 
 
♦156♦
 
 
matches the shade of the light wooden floor and the different kind of shades of pink of the colossal bed and the fury carpet. My room is full of shelf and shelf of magazines, country and pop music albums and stuff toys. I’m such a girl now.
     “Coming dad…” I said. I went downstairs and I can see that Amy, Suzie and Jeremy went to visit us for my graduation. Since we moved to our new house, I rarely see them, well, except for Amy, she comes here daily.
     “Oh hey…” I said.
     “Wow… Alyson, you look stunning…” Amy complimented.
     “Thanks…”
     “Well c’mon…”
     “Hey Alyson, is it true that the Cyrus are having a graduation party at their house?” Jeremy asked.
     “Yes… later we can head there after…”
     “Okay…” since the visit to Hawaii, Jeremy and I became comfortable talking to each other.
 
     We rode the Mercedes— which Kevin just bought a month ago— and reach the school just in time. I can see that the Cyrus arrived the same time, and they used their Volvo.
     “Ready?” Abby asked me.
     “Yes…”
     “You can go off now… we’ll just find a vacant parking lot…”
     “Okay…” I said. I went out and Suzie and Jeremy followed.
     “Hey Aly…” Shane said.
     “Oh hey… is the salutatorian ready?” I asked as I fix his collar. “I thought you said you’ll wear a tie?”
     “Nah, too formal…”
     “Obviously…” I said taking my hands back.
     “I can’t believe, nine months, over…”
     “Yah, me too…”
     “Hey Alyson… whoa, you’re gorgeous…” Adam said coming from behind.
 
 
♦157♦
 
 
     “Hi, thanks… where’s the others?”
     “Nate couldn’t come… he’s injured, Ashley and Ryan are having a chat with your parents…” he flickered to them.
     I followed his gaze and he’s right, they were talking. “Wait, then that means the party is—”
     “Nope… the party will be continued. Nate is still staying at the hospital…”
     “Won’t you visit him?”
     “We just did… maybe tomorrow again…”
     “What happened to him anyway?”
     “Fell out the window…” Shane answered me.
     “Is he okay?”
     “Kinda…” Adam said.
     “Well, lets go inside now…” Shane said.
     “Okay…” I held Adam’s hand.
     When we went inside, Adam whispered to my ear. “See you later…”
     “Okay… love you…” I murmured.
     “Love you too…” he kissed me quickly, sighed, and went to go stand where our parents are.
     It was pandemonium as Ms. Weber from the front office and Mr. Greene the English teacher tried to line everyone up alphabetically.
     “Up front, Mr. Cyrus,” Mr. Greene barked at Shane.
     “Hey Alyson!”
     I looked up to see Katy Santiago— first girl who talked to me and Shane that is not about his autograph or anything about the unknown— waving at me from the back of the line with a wide smile on her face. I walk down the line to take my place behind Katy.
     She was babbling before I was in earshot.
     “… so great, I mean, it seems like last year I was a new girl like you, and I have no idea about the band the unknown, then you and Shane talk to me and now I’m so addicted to
 
 
♦158♦
 
 
them and I’m graduating with you guys!” she gushed. “Can you believe it’s over? I feel like screaming!”
     “Me too!” I said.
     “This is all just so brilliant! Do you remember your first day here? We were friends so fast. And now I’m off to the University of Washington while you on Harvard or Dartmouth and I’m going to miss you so much! You’ve been my closest friend!”
     I went to the stage for my speech I’ve been practicing for the whole week. Because it was an ending, no matter what I had to say about commencing meaning “beginning” and all the rest nonsense.
     It went so quickly. I felt like I’d hit the fast forward button. Before I know it, I was finish. I went back to my seat as Principal Brown started calling names, one after the other without a long enough pause between; the front row in the gymnasium was rushing to catch up. Poor Ms. Weber was all thumbs as she tried to give the principal the right diploma to hand to the right student.
     I heard Mr. Brown call my name and I rose from my chair, waiting for the line in front of me to move. I was a little conscious of cheering at the side of the gym, and I looked around to see Adam and the rest applauding loudly in encouragement. I manage to throw them an approximation of a smile.
     Mr. Brown finished with the list of names and then continued to hand out diplomas with a sheepish grin as we filed past.
     “Congratulations, Ms. Santiago,” he mumbled as Katy took hers.
     “Congratulations, Ms. Smith,” he mumbled to me, pressing the diploma to my left hand.
     “Thanks,” I murmured.
     And that was it.
     I went to stand next to Katy with the assembled graduates. Katy was all red around the eyes, and she kept blotting her
 
 
♦159♦
 
 
face with the sleeve of her robe. It took me a second to understand that she was crying.
     Mr. Brown said something I didn’t understand, and everyone around shouted and screamed. I notice that they were about to take their hats so I pulled mine too and hats rained down.
     “Oh, Alyson!” Katy blubbered over the sudden roar of conversation. “I can’t believe it’s done!”
     “Me too! A year is too fast!” I mumbled.
     “You have to promise we won’t lose in touch.” She hugged me and I hugged her back.
     “You too… I’m so glad I know you Katy… it was such a good year.”
     “It was…” she sighed and sniffed. “Lily!” she squealed.
     “Hey, congratulations,” Shane said.
     “Oh hey! Congratulations to you too,” I said hugging him tightly.
     He hugged me back.
     “Hey Shane and Alyson!” Jessie mumbled.
     “Oh hey! I can’t believe it’s all over!” I tried to fight my tears.
     “Me too…”
     “Alyson! I’ll miss you!” I heard Angel blubbered.
     “I’ll miss you too!” I said as I turned around. I hugged her and she hugged me back.
     “Hey Alyson, congratulations,” Adam said from behind.
     “Thanks…” I put my arms around his neck. “Thanks for the help…”
     “I just guided you at first… you did all the work… c’mon, the party is ready… Jeremy and the others are back at home now…”
     “Is the party open?”
     “Nope… exclusive for relatives…”
     “Okay…”
     “Well c’mon… I’m starving…” Shane mumbled.
     “Sure…”
 
 
♦160♦
 
 
     We rode Adam’s Mercedes— which I didn’t seem to notice to be there before— on the way back to their house.
     “Hey, did you use this on your way here?” I asked taking my robe off.
     “Yah… I used separate car from them, actually I arrived earlier than them…” Adam explained.
     “Why?”
     “They already told us that they’ll leave earlier to prepare… though they didn’t invite much… just your and our relatives…”
     “Ah… wait, didn’t invite much? You had a hundred guests on your, Shane’s and Nate’s last birthday… and those are all your relatives…”
     “That’s why they need to prepare…” he chuckled.
     “Is Johnny invited?” Shane asked.
     “Yah, why?”
     “He always gets drunk every time we have a party like this…”
     “What’s with that?” I asked.
     “You see, whenever Johnny get drunk, he always… push Shane to fall in the pool… Shane only…” he chuckled.
     “Ah…”
     We reach their house by midnight.
     “Good thing my dad’s there, or he’ll kill me on the time I’ll go home…” I said.
     “Yah…”
     “Alyson, Shane! Congratulations!” I heard Ashley said.
     I got off his car and I can see that they’re already eating, guess Leslie might had leave now.
     “Hey, are we too late for the party?” Adam asked.
     “A little… the food is running out…” Ryan mumbled.
     “I hope there’s still some left… I’m really starving!” Shane muttered.
     “Of course… Leslie brought her assistants to help her prepare… she stayed, don’t worry…”
 
 
♦161♦
 
 
     “Okay…”
     We walk toward the others as they start jumping at the pool.
     “Hey Alyson!” Jasmine said.
     “Hey guys…” I said. Since I meet them every time someone has a birthday, I’ve been quite close to some, though others just ignored me, but that’s okay, I can’t talk to a hundred people at once.
     “Hey, sweetie…” my mom said.
     “Hey darling… here’s our gift to you…” my dad handed me a small box.
     “What’s this?” I asked.
     “Open it…”
     I opened it and it’s a car key. “Wow, I don’t know what to say…”
     “It’s not the Mercedes…”
     “Ford?” I asked as I look at the name.
     “Yah…”
     “Thanks mom and dad! You’re the best!” I hugged him and mom tightly.
     “Of course… you put a lot of effort on studying… at least now it’s all paid off…”
     “Thanks again!”
     “You should eat now… you’re getting skinny… and the food tastes amazing… you should really try it…” Dad said.
     “Okay dad…” I always get that every time there’s a party.
 
     It’s already four am but I decided to stay to their place, my dad let me stay this late for once. Well, I and Adam are the only ones awake.
     I took off my shoes and sit at the poolside, my feet splashing at the pool while I watch Adam swim. “Hey, come here now…” I muttered.
     “Why? Are you getting bored?” he asked playfully, splashing water on me.
 
 
♦162♦
 
 
     “Hey! I don’t have any spare clothes you know… I just like to stay dry… well, except for my feet…”
     “Okay…” he climbed out of the pool.
     “So we’re free to go wherever we want again...” I said taking a sip on my wine.
     “So where do you want to go? Hey this summer the ‘Chimelong water park’ in China sounds fun…”
     “What’s with that?”
     “It features some of the craziest slippery rides you’ve ever seen. And well, I’m such a thrill-seeker and I’d love to see the Behemoth Bowl…”
     “And what’s that?”
     “It’s a gigantic bowl that you slip-and-slide your way through the pool below, or the tornado, which sucks and swirls its riders around in a large fiber glass cone. They’ve also made space for the world’s longest lazy river, and an action river with one meter high waves! It’s so wet, it’s so wild!”
     “Well, that sounds fun…” I took another sip.
     “So when?” he held my hand.
     “Well…”
     “I know that tone…”
     “I’m a thrill-seeker too…” I bit my lip.
     “And that’s one of the things I like about you…”
     “What do you hate about me?”
     “Nothing…”
     “There must be something…”
     “I’ll tell you something and you’ll tell me one too, okay?”
     “Sure…”
     “The thing I hate about you is that there’s nothing to hate about you…”
     “Okay then… that must be acceptable, I think… though that should me my answer not yours… because I’m not as perfect as you…”
     “You should give me other answer… you’re stealing mine…”
 
 
♦163♦
 
 
     “Okay… the thing I hated the most about you is that you are so hot gorgeous…” I said tracing my finger from his jaw to his collarbone to the line of his abs.
     “Why? What’s with that?”
     “Hey, I didn’t ask a reason for your answer… you’ll just have to figure that out yourself…”
     “Okay…” he took the glass from my hand and took a sip on it. “Hey, want some cherries?”
     “Sure…”
     “Do you know what they say, when you put a cherry on your mouth, then you chew it and tie it on a knot, it means that you’re a great kisser?”
     “Yah… want to race for it?”
     “Sure…” I took one cherry the same time he did. I chewed it quickly, though I finished fast, he was faster.
     “I’m first…” he said.
     “Second…”
     “Want to try that kiss?”
     “Possible…” I said. He slid his hand from my cheeks to my collarbone to my spine then he lean slightly to put his lips to mine. I hold his hands tightly as his lips shapes its own to mine until…
     “Whoa!” I said as we fall to the pool. “Great, I’m wet!” I splashed water on him.
     “You’re welcome…” he smiled crookedly.
     “Whatever…”
     Then it started to rain.
     “Well…”
     “At least now I have a reason to be all wet…”
     “Hey, you want to come later on the airport?”
     “Why?”
     “Nate’s girlfriend is coming… and since he can’t fetch her, we’ll have to…”
     “Sure… what’s her name again? Kyla…”
 
 
♦164♦
 
 
     “Kyla Bloomwood…”
     “You met her on Nate’s birthday, right?”
     “Yah… so what time will we fetch her?”
     “About nine in the morning…”
     “But, can’t we have a sleep first?”
     “You can sleep in the car…”
     “How about you?”
     “May be I’ll do that too… I’ll just let Shane drive…”
     “Okay… but obviously I need to change now… so I need to go home now…”
     “Do you think your father will let you go with us that time when he knows you went home at five in the morning?”
     “Clothes…”
     “Ashley…”
     “Okay…” I’m not that much shy to Ashley now when it comes to clothes, and she’d been close to my mother as well.
     “Well c’mon…” he climbed out of the pool and I followed.
     “Is Ryan awake?”
     “Yah… but he didn’t go to jog this morning… he predicted that it’ll rain… and he’s right…”
     “Ah…”
     “Want some breakfast?”
     “Sure…”
     “Hey, um, could you not wear high heels?”
     “Why?”
     “You’re taller than me…” he said sheepishly.
     I chuckled. “Adam, even if I wear flats, or I go barefoot, I’m still taller than you… I’m 5’11 and your 5’10…”
     “Well…”
     “Don’t worry about that… and we’ve been a year already… since when did you mind our height?”
     “Since the pictorials…”
     “We’ve already got the pictorials on your album and many said we look great together… besides, I dated a lot of 5’10 and
 
 
♦165♦
 
 
 
5’9 before…”
     “Hey, I thought you never had a boyfriend because you’re not into us before?”
     “I said I never had a boyfriend, but I never said I never dated…” I lied. I just don’t want to remember Chace— my ex when I was fifteen. I swore that I don’t want to see him ever again after he left me to follow Jenny to Paris.
     “Ah… so I’m not your first kiss?”
     “Well…” I bit my lip. “Maybe we should have a breakfast now…”
     “Oh alright…”
     “Besides, I’m not yours too…”
     “You’re right…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
♦166♦


© 2009 alison13


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

still amazing.. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

460 Views
1 Review
Added on July 2, 2009
Last Updated on July 3, 2009


Author

alison13
alison13

Philippines



About
my name is elaine and i'm a fourteen years old girl... i'm gonna make my description short. i only have three addictions for the moment. MUSIC, BOOKS and PHOTOGRAPHY. MUSIC had been and always will.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by alison13


Paparazzi Paparazzi

A Poem by alison13