unpredicatable

unpredicatable

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

thoughts are never in straight lines

"
he
doesn't want her
to be
unpredictable

was it not
unpredictable
that brought
them this far?

is it so
unpredictable
she stray
from less
  
                         and look
   for more?




© 2017 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amen... Looking for more.
I don't know... Or swear off men entirely.
I'm on the fence.

:-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

The latter sounds good but fails in practice.
I think when a relationship breaks apart people wonder why they were ever attracted to the other person. Unpredictability drew him in and also repelled him.....I like the dichotomy here. You have a special knack for saying a lot in just a few words, KL. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Aww thanks you are too kind.
Sometimes it is exactly the characteristic that drew you in the first place, that drives you crazy later on....Kind of like two sides of the same coin. But it is not that person's fault for being who they are. We can and should only try to change ourselves. By changing the way we look at each other and the world, we can change our attitudes and intolerance...and maybe recapture what we saw in the first place.
Who would prefer predictable over unpredictable? He's not even making any rational sense. I love the song you paired with this, and I love the way you presented this as the middle of a conscious thought...it had a dream-like quality to it. Very nice.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you, I like that.
like Dale said...if we are drawn to someone, it is because of who that person is...so why do we try to make that person into someone different once we are in a relationship....makes no sense.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

It's that whole rubbing the powder off the wings syndrome, and then we wonder why she can't fly.
Funny how people fall for someone for who they are but then try to change them. Someone calls me normal I would take it as an insult.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes, isn't that the truth. Clipping of the wings I suppose.
'and look' And looks or to look' me thinks. And we all long for more but swhen we find someone in our soul we stop looking.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Nope, and look is what I meant
I decided a long time ago, straight lines are boring...it's those curvy lines that keeps me dancing through daydreams...

:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you as always.
Unpredicatability is a synonym of relationships for years I wore a white shirt with my name in an environment that had to be predictable and you would laugh at the amount of things that just go wrong on a daily basis. I think even the planets orbits are finally unpredicatable. Predictability is something that works on paper on on living dynamics.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

You are right of course, thank you for reading and reviewing.
Something tells me I know what this is about. You are correct KLGoode, thoughts, ideas and even words never come in straight lines, at least deep down they don't. A really cool piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

I suppose you would. Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

459 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 30, 2017
Tags: love, fear, doubt, wonder, new, perhaps


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..