the solvent of love

the solvent of love

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

inspired by redzone http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/redzone/1770992/#comments

"
my heart,
had suffered much;
I had gathered the pieces
and sewed them
back together
with bits of anger,
lacquering it over,
with never again glue --

I was determined
to not let you
or anyone
back in.

then along came
someone whose
heart had undergone
a similar transformation.

and little by little,
I allow myself to heal,
love is the powerful solvent
that allows us to feel.



© 2018 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I relate well to this piece. I was broken by one I loved. I slowly glued my heart back together and found someone who claimed to have gone through similar things. I thought he would get me and definitely didn't think he would hurt me. I was wrong though, he was abusive both physically and mentally and I was broken again. Through this whole time, my best friend was there for me. I didn't realize it until I was out of the abusive relationship, that everything I had been looking for was in my best friend. My story ended well, but it doesn't always and that is where I feel your piece can help heal a soul for a while. Or at least put them on the path to healing.
Great piece my dear!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

5 Years Ago

Thank you very kindly
I can relate to this one totally... Being broken once in my life by the one whom I gave all my heart, I kept my torn apart heart hidden inside, I never allowed it to open again because of the painful memories of the past, but I believe someone will cross my path someday who has the same kind of pain inside her heart, together we will heal other... Excellent... This is my first visit on your page, and as I'm very much new to poetry, I will be reading your works often from now on...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Well thank you for your visit. I appreciate the thoughts.
Sharing a similar kind of pain or tragedy can bond people tighter then Gorilla Glue.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Yes I think so, thank you.
Love is an all powerful thing where for an ailing heart can heal..great write..

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

I appreciate your visit, thank you.
This is a beautiful poem. Definitely says for me how I feel when I loose someone close to me, whether that be a friend or someone more. I hope to read more of your work (:

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you for stopping in and your review.
healing together....a very good equation....balance.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

I believe so more and more. Thank you.
This is beautiful BECAUSE of you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate it. My sap metre was on full tilt.:)
"I am beautiful with you", KL you are right and isn't this wonderful that you can stand openly before the one you love, not afraid and to be seen as beautiful and the great person you really are.. I am happy for you that this is happening and hope it continues...

maybe you might pass me some of that glue/solvent/lacqure, as my heart needs a bit of softening and mending.. ;0) But if those poems I wrote inspired this one, thank you... but you know I think your best inspiration comes from whats already inside you... you just have to unleash it...

so, really good poem and nice music to go with it... and give that cowboy a big kiss for making you happy, even if also a bit crazy at times... ;0)

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

581 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 3, 2016
Last Updated on July 4, 2018
Tags: love, hard, heart, change


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..