The Struggle

The Struggle

A Chapter by The Zombie Guy

Jeremy, the stealthiest boy that the group has ever seen. Before the plague, he was a silent kid, never interacted with his classmates, never joined clubs, just a kid going to his home to school every day for the rest of his life. That is, until the dead rose, something inside Jeremy changed him, he opened to people into the world. He still upheld his quietness but developed a way to use it as a potential of survival. He survived by being quiet and use his surrounding as an advantage he seems fit. He’s like a coin, one side he’s quiet and serious, while on the other side he’s friendly and opened. The only thing that stays the same is the outfit and the knife that his father gave him before he went to war.

 

Jeremy was never a fighter, but after he knew that the adults have failed, he knew that he would have to rise up before he tumbles like everyone else. He was a quick learner with the knife, it was quiet and fast like him. He stayed by himself for the longest of time until he met Gary and the rest of the group. He found Gary at the old abandoned building and was actually the last person to have shown up there for the longest time until the group decided to move. Jeremy was happy to find others because he never knew if there were others and he didn’t want to risk losing the people that he had made peace with.

 

After Gary passed away Jeremy never had the chance to let loose his feelings because he had to keep focus for other attacks, like him, everyone else besides Jack wasn't able to get a good night sleep because of the attacks on not just the group’s physically but also the mentally too. Jeremy was grateful for Jack stepping up and keeping his word but after Gary’s death, no one is the same. From what Alexander had told him Jack wasn't all calm and smart either, but he's also a monster and given that he's covered in blood outside. Jeremy believes that Jack can lead the group to safety. Now he has to do what he was best at and that’s clearing the obstacles ahead of us.

 

The house is a two story and is shaped as a rectangular apartment complex, there are multiple rooms and there were plenty of beds for everyone to sleep in for tonight. Looking around there seems to be no signs of any activity. Who ever lived must've packed a bag quickly looking at the signs of a quick escape. The dust has taken over the rooms. This house will be good to fight aginst the weather, but due to the fact that we are near so many places that the dead can hide Jeremy knew he's going to have to search the rest of the house once everyone is inside. Leaving the house to give the all clear there is a desk of some sort next to the door, it was covered in papers and Jeremy didn't care. Now that the house is clear He notices something peeking under the stacks of paper. He pulled the object out, knocking the stack to the floor and was surprised to find a gun.

 

Guns are rare in the world, what's even rare is the right ammunition for the gun and if the gun breaks, you're out of luck. Sadly guns are loud and loud are not Jeremy's style, he held onto it to give it to someone. He opened the front door and saw them, not the group, but the nest that they are staying in, and it's across from us. So much for staying here. Hope they would find a better house that isn't next to death.

 

Jeremy walked outside, everyone was excited to see that there were no new blood marks on his knife, but Jack saw it in Jeremy's eyes that something was wrong. Jeremy knocked his head towards the building around the corner and Jack knew what Jeremy knew. They need to get the hell away from here.

 

Jack told the group to move out quietly, some sighed in disappointment, others were too focus on the problem at hand. Jeremy was with Jack at the front while Travis was in the middle with the kids and Alexander and Matt in the back. Jeremy eyeing the building that had movements. It looked like it was once a pharmacy building, now it just looked like an old run-down building with all of the windows in the front entrance smashed and the only way to identify it as a pharmacy was the electronic sign that had run out of power a long time ago. The name of the pharmacy was "Everette's" and the owners may or may not be in there, with everything else in the world.

 

Walking away from the pharmacy Jeremy kept looking back at the kids, each and every one of them had dark circles under their eyes even Joe, the one kid that Jeremy was curious about, was getting cranky but wasn't doing much, probably to look tough to his younger sister Lexi. Lexi didn't look good, she was exhausted and her eyes were puffy and red like she was crying. Sooner or later she would cough and spit phlegm. Travis has been trying to help her, he was carrying Lexi and was trying to give her some mouthful of water but she kept complaining that her throat was dry. Once we find a new place Jeremy will find medicine for her, he did not want to lose another kid, not after losing Gary.

 

Jack led his group away from the nest and started planning out what to do next.



© 2017 The Zombie Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on April 3, 2017
Last Updated on April 3, 2017


Author

The Zombie Guy
The Zombie Guy

NY



About
18 year old, likes coming up with ideas for a story but can't seem to continue or finish after a while. more..

Writing
The Fallen The Fallen

A Chapter by The Zombie Guy