Fighting Fire with Fire

Fighting Fire with Fire

A Chapter by The Zombie Guy

Carrying the boy was still not fun but the girl was none the less happy that I helped her. I placed the boy in the back onto a cot, they use the storage room as a medical ward, which means they have a medicine. This must’ve been what Jeremy was after, but what was the deal?

 

After setting the boy down and a chance for me to relax I asked the girl, “So who are you guys anyway and why is Jeremy here?” the girl looked at me confusedly and then realized what I meant and smiled, “We are just like you, just kids surviving and for your friend? Well, Mackenzie brought him in saying he tried to steal from us, but after we heard from him he made an offer.” I held my arms together and asked, “What was the deal?” before the girl could explain she handed me a list of medical supplies, “This is what we need right now and we know about your sick person so I included your medicine and others that might come in handy, I’m assuming you don’t have someone who knows medicine like me, am I correct?” I took the list and there were words I didn’t know were words and thinking about it the only person who knows any sort of medical is Matt and that’s only because he broke a lot of bones during his time at sports. I handed back the list and nodded. “That’s what I thought and your boy said that he would help us with our problem while we help you guys with yours,” said the girl and I smiled and said, “Well if you guys already agreed then I see no problem with it, we appreciate the support.”

 

The girl acknowledges the compliment and told me to leave her “patient” and I left and looked for Jeremy and walked up to him, “Dude thanks for the rescue, where did you get the gun?” I held out my hand and Jeremy shook it and then pulled out the gun. “I found this while I was scavenging supplies before it got dark, it’s not my style though I am a good shot, why don’t you have it?” he handed me the gun and I respected the reason and accepted the offer, I don’t know how much training he had but I only had enough to know how to hit the target and how guns work, I unclip the magazine and checked how many bullets there were. There were three shots left.

 

Once I jammed it back into the gun the girl with the half hair came over, “You need more bullets?” she asked, I nodded but added, “If you’re willing to give up some sure, I appreciate the hospitality.” She gave me two more clips and said, “Well we’re going to use it because they are about to get in.” she pointed towards the makeshift barricades and the undead were moving it about and banging on it, the durability was running low on that thing and we must prepare for another siege. “Do we have a plan?” asked Jeremy and the girl replied with, “Looking on the roof our lookout says that most of them were dry and were grouping up and before you ask, don’t ask how many there were.” I nodded and asked, “So why do we care if they’re dry?” the girl replied by pulling out a lighter and lit it, “We’re going to burn them?” asked Jeremy and I agreed with the girl, “It make sense, if they’re dry that means they can be set on fire and if they’re grouped up.” The girl smiled and said, “They’ll set each other on fire, glad someone’s one the same page.”

 

The girl left and I asked Jeremy who was that and he said that her name was Mackenzie and that the girl who was helping us with the spear was their leader, Ray, so that’s Rachel that Raven was talking about. “Did you know about the two boys out there?” I asked Jeremy and he shook his head and then he saw it in my eyes what I meant, “Crap, and here I was happy that we didn’t lose anyone.” I patted his shoulder and said, “don’t jinx us yet, we still have to win this battle that’s coming.” On cue, the closet was breaking and they pushed it down.

 

The door to hell was open and we had to send them back.

 

I shot my three shots and reloaded the clip and yelled towards Mackenzie, hopefully, she heard my noise and was ready to set these monsters on fire.



© 2017 The Zombie Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on April 3, 2017
Last Updated on April 3, 2017


Author

The Zombie Guy
The Zombie Guy

NY



About
18 year old, likes coming up with ideas for a story but can't seem to continue or finish after a while. more..

Writing
The Fallen The Fallen

A Chapter by The Zombie Guy