The reactive personality and the true.

The reactive personality and the true.

A Chapter by eliasstone
"

Ramifications of being told lies.

"

We were told lies as children, as announced; so there are two questions: How do we get back to sanity?, and What are the symptoms of the madness?

 

To believe your ill and seek a cure, you first have to actually begin to see a problem; like alcoholics who refuse to believe they cannot handle their drinking, we can be in denial.

 

The basic lie were told as children is that excitement is happiness and we only need to get excited about something to be happy.

 

The over-excited personality is reactive. It just reacts to another person or situation without thinking. The sane personality can choose to respond or not respond and is in control of how they respond in any given situation that might arise. But the excited person just reacts. Two labels for reactive personalities are impulsive and compulsive, the desire to possess could be another disorder.

 

We learn as children to let people push our reactive buttons and learn to push other people's buttons to get an expected reaction form them. The Biblical solution to this was 'turn the other cheek', in other words refuse to react. As for being the pusher, the Biblical answer is 'to show mercy'.

 

I wrote quite a bit in my notebook, and this morning I dont feel like I am presenting the ideas the best way.

 

The real thing in any relationship is not the other person as we suppose, and not our own needs and wants as we might suppose. No, the real thing in a relationship is the work sex or rest. Having 'only eyes for each other' means we neglect to consider what sex or work wants us to do.

 

There is a right way and wrong way to do everything and that includes work sex and "rest". Who cares what 'turns you one' or what 'turns her on' ? What does sex itself require? What is the reason for having sex? And what is the ultimate goal of sex?

 

Excitement is the the core of the ego. By being told to 'get excited' as children we were told to develop an ego, and an ego is the distortion of the personality.

 

At Puberty, the ego fully begins to flower and the sane self is neglected.

 

How can sex have requirements as if it is a person? Well imagine your an architect and asked to build a house in a hot desert -- you wouldn't build an igloo there would you? The locality of the house determines to a large extent what one is going to build. So that is a vague analogy attempting to explain how sex can have requirements of its own.

 

As I understand it, the couple have all-power and could do anything they wanted to do: say to the mountain 'move!' and it will move. But ego turns work sex and rest into a competition and hence without cooperation the couple cannot move mole hills let alone mountains.

 

The ego being the dill it is, demands contest because competition generates excitement -- and contest is only a milder form of war. So with everyone trying to find excitement, because it is generated by pain-causing conflict, they will never find happiness with excitement. Parents and adults told us the worst thing possible to tell us, believeing they were helping us prepare for life in the world.

 

Because, we look around and see violence everywhere, and then we wrongly suppose it is good to tell children to fight or they will have no "survival skills" for the real world.

 

But the world is made by our warlike attitude and is not-necessarily naturally violent. Life is what we make it.

 

There is no proof the ego is the best fighter anyway, there is no proof having a child develop an ego will give them survival skills. On the contrary with an ego they are more likely to get themselves into trouble and more likely to have accidents and die.

 

The only fight worth fighting 'the good fight' we fail to tell our children. The only true fight involves questions about beliefs and attitudes and ideas and notions. Were in a cultural environment where we are forced to accept ideas with covert threats behind the ideas -- subtle little threats most of us do not realize are there to enforce some stupid belief or other.

For example we sometimes um and ar about why there is so much violence on TV but fail to fully realize it is there to enforce conformity of beliefs. Who is enforcing the ideas? And what are the ideas? We all try and blame another person but it is not another person nor the government nor anybody we can see. The enforcer of the ideas keeps well hidden at all times. It is not a person but a spirit.

 

That is to say there are many spirits in our culture, our culture is like a machine or spirits in contest, and there are two false spirits controlling the culture: the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other. The two false spirits are the most intelligent of all the spirits at war. So naturally, their guiding everything that takes place. You could call them the false holy spirit and false unholy spirit or filthy spirit.

 

Now outside of this machine, are the two souls in which spirits cooperate with each other; the spirits of righteousness and pleasure on one side, and the spirits of pain and violence on the other. This separation constitutes heaven and hell.

 

Here, were living in a zone where the spirits of pleasure and pain left their natural abode and oneness with each other and formed the ego map in which they fight each other.

Isaiah 15: 'For you have said we have formed a covenant with death and agreement with hell, when the overflowing scourge comes we shall not be beaten down by it for we have hidden ourselves in a lie and in falsehood we have found refuge.' KJV

In other words we say there is no penalty for stupidity and its okay to do whatever you want because we all grow old automatically anyway: so nothing matters. But old age is the reward for stupid actions, old age is the direct result of acting with stupidity: kick a brick and it hurts.

We are continually beaten down by the 'overflowing scourge' but our silly ego says were free and our actions do not determine our future, that there is no cause for an effect.

Life has rules, because life cannot thrive without order; break the rules and breakdown your order and that is your health and longevity.

 

The point about a relationship being about the work or sex, is that with the focus on the work, then the focus is taken off each other, and then the work can be improved. What we do with the ego is use work or sex to generate excitement, hence we do not actually care about the work or sex -- see that?

 

We are inculcated to fear boredom and seek excitement incessantly. The truth is there is no high without a low or no low without a high. The high of excitement has to be followed by the low of boredom. But were not talking about natural highs or natural lows which would be highs of precision but were talking about highs of intensity or excitement.

 

Intensity, excitement and power are three words with similar meanings, and to over-emphasize them is to neglect skill and precision and control in ones actions, thoughts and feelings. There is nothing wrong with acting powerfully the problem begins when power, excitement, becomes an end in itself, when it is worshipped and set up as the only goal of life, the only possible useful tool. But precision is a better tool.

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2011 eliasstone


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1974 Views
Added on October 9, 2011
Last Updated on October 10, 2011
Tags: personality disorders, christianity, new age, crop circles
Previous Versions


Author

eliasstone
eliasstone

Auckland, North Island, New Zealand



About
I am a single man, never married. I am a noble, serene knowledgeable type of man, fully dedicated to acomplishing my purpose. My task is to restore all things. more..

Writing
Memoirs Memoirs

A Book by eliasstone