chapter 2

chapter 2

A Chapter by minnie:)

                  About thirty minutes later Alley pulled into a coffee shoppe parking lot. Me and Kristy got out and before Alley left she stuck her head out of the window and gave us a quick reminder.
                 "Remember, call me in two hours and I'll come and get you. You have your phone right?" We showed her our phones. "Okay good. Call me in two hours." At that she left and me and Kristy were left to do what we want for the next two hours. "So where to first?" I finally managed.
                 "How about the ice cream shoppe?"
                "Sounds good." We started walking down the sidewalk when Kristy asked me a weird question.
                "Hey Lizzy?"
                "Yeah?"
                "Have you ever thought about being a lesbian but you were just afraid to admit it?" I paused a moment before I answered.
                "No, why do you ask?"
                "No reason, I was just wondering."
                 We made it to the ice cream shopped, we walked in and the cold air sent a chill down my spine but the smell made me feel like I was walking in a field of flowers. The chocolate mint fragrance filled my nose. I breathed deeply consuming the smell.
                                                      "Smells good doesn't it?" Kristy asked wrapping her arm around my neck.
                                                      "Yeah, if I had enough money I'd buy this whole store."
                                                      I walked up to the counter and a boy around the age of seventeen greeted me. He had brown hair and he wore a red and white uniform telling me he worked at the store. His name tag read Jake. "Hey there, what could I get for ya?" He asked with a delicate smile. The smile on his face made everything around me disappear. I  couldn't stop staring at him, his smile made me melt.
                  My day dreaming stopped when I heard Kristy's voice. "Helloooo, is anyone there?" She asked tapping my head. I came back to my senses when Kristy spoke. I looked around the shoppe confused. "Wait, what? What's going on?"
                "What ice cream do you want?" Kristy asked.
                "Oh, um I'll have one scoop of strawberry and one scoop of chocolate mint."
                "Wow, that one must be a famous combination." He said, that delicate smile grew wider as he made my ice cream. "You're like the hundredth person to get it."
                 "Those are my two favorite flavors. My dad gave me the idea when I was four, about a year before he died."
                 "Oh well that's to bad, how'd he die?"
                 "Car accident, he was hit by a drunk driver."
                 "Oh, well I'm sorry for your loss." His smile faded a little. "How about I give you an extra scoop, on the house."
                 "Sure. Thanks." I replied with a smile. When I did his smile grew back. He handed me my cone and I gave him the money I owed.
                 Kristy ordered her ice cream and we left. As we walked down the sidewalk I noticed Kristy looking at me with an evil smile. "What?" I asked.
                "Oh don't even try that. I saw how you were looking at him." I couldn't help but smile.
                 "What are you talking about?"
                 "You like him! You've got a thing for the ice cream boy!"
                 "No I don't."
                 " Okay, whatever you say. Just know what you're saying is not true and what I'm saying is true and you know it."
                 "Oh whatever, now where do you want to go next?"
                 "There's a clothing shop about two stores down, how about we look there?"
                  "The only clothes that place has is the ones with a beach and a shark on it, how about the rue twenty-one around the block?"
                   "Sounds good to me." Kristy replied.
                    We walked in the store and the first thing we looked at was their perfumes and makeup. Kristy picked out neon eyeshadow, some black eyeliner, and mascara. I got some neon glitter eyeshadow and blush. For the clothes we only got one outfit and we picked out a set of earrings for jewelry.
                    We spent about forty-five minutes in Rue twenty-one which left us with only an hour and fifteen minutes until we had to call Alley to come pick us up. For the last few minutes we decided to go to Payless and buy some new shoes, after that we went to a candy store and bought four pounds of candy for tonight.
                    We walked to a Burger King a couple blocks away. We ordered food and sat down at a table with our bags at our feet. "Well that was fun." Kristy finally managed.
                    "Yeah, I'm worn out."
                    "We should probably go ahead and call Alley, tell her that it's time to come get us."
                     We finished our meal and called Alley, she confirmed the call by telling us she would be at the Burger King in thirty minutes.
                
       
               
               


© 2013 minnie:)


Author's Note

minnie:)
Chapter 2! Let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loving it,
I almost feel like I am reading my sister's diary, except I am giddy and drawn down by what is happening with Lizzy. I mean to say your details are so good I feel like i am one of the girls right there with Kristy and Lizzy. I am really enjoying this story thus far. I look forward to chapter 3. Thanks again for asking me to take a look at this, I am happy to say I am a fan of this.
Just a couple thoughts on potential editing.

"to do what we want(ed) for the next two hours."

"We made it to the ice cream shopped,"

Shoppe
shop
not sure honestly, my grammar is also far from the best.

"rue twenty-one"

If a name it should be capitalized. Appears incorrectly the first time it is written.

Again Loving it. Keep it up you're a natural in my opinion.
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 11 Years Ago


minnie:)

11 Years Ago

thanks, you're not the first, this is actually a pretty famous story of mine :)
unsavable_soul

11 Years Ago

Well it should be,
It is very captivating in it's ability to bring the reader right there in t.. read more
minnie:)

11 Years Ago

thanks :)
Loved how the story picks up and her encounter with jake was amazing to read.. I love how you build your characters, it got a little stagnant towards the end but can't wait for the next chapter for it to pick up again. Good stuff :)
We made it to the ice cream shopped (shop)*

Posted 11 Years Ago


minnie:)

11 Years Ago

thanks :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2013
Last Updated on April 13, 2013


Author

minnie:)
minnie:)

griffin, Georgia



About
My name is Minnie, I'm 15 years old, I've been writing since 4th grade and I have loved every second of it. I write about anything, mostly what pops into my head. I hope to get some of my stories publ.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by minnie:)


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by minnie:)


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by minnie:)