Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by minnie:)

                                   As promised Alley arrived thirty minutes later. She walked in and met us at the table. " Are you guys ready to go?"
                             "Yeah." I answered.
                             We grabbed our bags and headed to the car.  We put our bags in the trunk. We rode the same way home as we did on our way here. Kristy sat in the middle and I sat next to the door.
                              At the house Kristy and I grabbed our bags and headed to my room.
                              "I'm gonna take this candy to the dining room." Kristy said. "I'll be right back." She left the room and I found my chance to put my extra change in my safe. I quickly put in the combination and put the money inside. I examined the safe for a minute realizing something wasn't right. It took me a minute but I finally figured it out, my diary was missing. I closed the safe and frantically started to look around my room hoping I misplaced it. I couldn't have misplaced it, my diary was in my safe when we left. What if Kristy found it and read it? I wonder if she still wants to be my friend or if she's going to think of me as a sister anymore.
                              It wasn't until she spoke that I realized she was standing in the doorway. "You looking for something?" I stood up straight at the sound of Kristy's voice. I was breathing heavily and also shaking nervously. Deep down I wanted her to know about my crush on her, but then again I was seriously hoping she hadn't read my diary. The only good thing that came from this is that now I know I have to slam the safe door harder for it to close all the way when I'm in a rush. I turned around to face her. "Um, no, I just thought I dropped something." If Kristy read my diary then she was good at hiding it.
                              "Are you sure? You look like you were searching for a diamond ring."
                              "Yeah, um, I'm sure."
                              "Okay, well I figured since we still have some time before we start the movies we could ride bikes for a few."
                               "Alright, um, sounds fun. Just let me put on some sneakers and I'll meet you out there."
                               "Hey don't forget, I need sneakers to." She walked to her bag and when she opened it I saw my diary inside. I sighed with relief. Maybe she hadn't read it yet, I just need to get it back in my safe before she does read it. I thought to myself. Kristy walked to the door and stopped. "I'll see you outside."
                                "Okay, just let me finish getting ready." She left the room and I quickly went through her bag, frantically searching for my diary. I finally found it, I punched in the combination and put my diary in the safe. I was still shaking, I sat down for a minute to calm down.
                                 Finally I put my sneakers on and met Kristy outside. She had two bikes pulled to the front yard. My mom always kept one here for her so when we wanted to ride bikes we didn't have to take turns.
                                 "You ready?" Kristy asked.
                                 " Yeah. Where do you want to ride?"
                                 "Isn't there a river down the street? Maybe we can go swimming there. I heard there's plenty of people there at this time of day."
                                  "Yeah, me and my mom went there before she left for her vacation."
                                  We rode our bikes to the river. When we got there, there were about ten people there, all of them teenagers. Kristy was already stripped to her bathing suit and was running towards the water.
                                   "Last one in is a dead fish!" She hollered. I rolled my eyes and stripped to my bathing suit and ran to the water and, diving in. I laid on my back and let myself float in the water. No more than thirty seconds later Kristy dove up from the water pushing on my back, standing in the water I started splashing at her. She laughed as she splashed water my way. I dove under water and swam towards Kristy. The water was dark brown so that made it hard for her to see below the surface. I heard her calling my name above the water. I slowly rose to the surface, being careful that she didn't here me. A couple of seconds passed and I jumped on her back. She let out a yelp and fell in the water. I let go of her and swam back up to the surface. A couple of seconds later Kristy popped out of the water.
                                  "You are so going to pay for that." She pounced at me and before she could reach me I dove under the water. I started to swim away when Kristy grabbed mt foot. I wiggled free and swam to the surface. Kristy appeared next to me and before she did anything I stopped her. "Hold on a second. I swallowed the water." I started coughing.
                                    "You OK?" Kristy asked patting my back.
                                    "Yeah. I'm fine."
                                    Without warning she pounced at me, pushing me under the water. I hit  the bottom of the river. I opened my eyes and saw a small fish coming towards me. I poked my finger out to touch it and it swam away.
                                     I swam back to the surface and looked around for Kristy. She was laying in the grass next to our bikes. I got out of the water and put my skirt on. Kristy sat up and looked towards me.
                                     "Where ya going'?"
                                     "I'm just gonna walk around. You can come if you want."
                                     "Nah, I think I'll stay and work on my tan.
                                     "Alright." Kristy laid back down and I walked off towards the woods. I took in the sound of the birds soft singing and the smell of the pine. There was one sound that caught my attention. It wasn't a bird or the wind, but it was the sound of a guitar. I looked around to find out where it was coming from. I stopped when I saw a teenage boy sitting in the middle of a group of trees, he was sitting on an old tree stump strumming his guitar. He was playing a song that I knew. My dad always sang it to me when I couldn't sleep at night.
                                      I hid behind a tree and listened to the rhythm. I closed my eyes and started to hum quietly.
                                      I looked at the person playing again and I soon as I saw his face I felt silly. He was the boy from the ice cream place, Jake.
                                      He strummed the strings on his guitar as he hummed to the rhythm of the song. He had his eyes closed and his foot tapped to the beat. He had the same delicate smile on his face that he had when I first saw him.
  I guessed he came straight here when his shift ended because his uniform sat next to him on the ground. He wore his swimming trunks and no shirt.
   Since his eyes were closed I decided to step out from behind the tree. I didn't come out all the way, just enough to show my face and one of my arms.
    He stopped playing and opened his eyes. I hid back behind the tree but I was to slow. I heard him walking towards me and I did the only thing I could think to do, I ran. I heard him him close behind, I took a turn in a bundle of trees. I quickly hid behind a tree and watched him run by.
     I came out from behind the tree to make sure he was gone. When I did I heard a voice next to me.


© 2013 minnie:)


Author's Note

minnie:)
Let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Minnie,
You never cease to amaze me with your ever involving writing. I am so drawn into this story, even though it is no where near my normal genres it is an awesome story. Truly you're a name we will come to know. Take editing advice where you can and keep your creativity and you will go ever so far. Here is some critique, hope any of it helps.

“We put our bags in the trunk(. We) rode the same way home as we did on our way here.”
(and)?

“ I quickly put in the combination and put the money inside.”
There is a loop hole I see here, again how did she get the combination to this safe she found upon moving in. If you don’t already cover this think about it and maybe even Google ideas it’s what I do.

“It took me a minute but I finally figured it out, my diary was missing.”
I would think this process quick unless there is a lot in your safe, at which point the narrator might elaborate to the contents of the safe.

“Deep down I wanted her to know about my crush on her, but then again I was seriously hoping she hadn't read my diary.”
Excellent struggle moment, you tug at my emotions as the reader and ever so attached to Lizzy.

“Without warning she pounced at me, pushing me under the water. I hit hit the bottom of the river.”
Hit twice.

“I got out of the water and my skirt on.”
Put your skirt on?

I look forward to one, more likely two or more chapters tomorrow of this in reviewing and enjoyable reading. I am ever so proud of your skill. I hope you are.
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nessa

11 Years Ago

No. I am Nessa , my little sister is minnie:) she used my account to tlk to u tht 1 time :)
unsavable_soul

11 Years Ago

Oh, I saw the name changed from Minnie to Nessa. I assumed she changed your info to mess with you. I.. read more
Nessa

10 Years Ago

lol. okay
are you sure you looked like you were searching for a diamond ring.. haha :P good stuff!
this icecream shop boy is going to vagblock Kristy :(
i liked this chapter a lot :D good detail and the story is getting even more interesting.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2013
Last Updated on April 30, 2013


Author

minnie:)
minnie:)

griffin, Georgia



About
My name is Minnie, I'm 15 years old, I've been writing since 4th grade and I have loved every second of it. I write about anything, mostly what pops into my head. I hope to get some of my stories publ.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by minnie:)


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by minnie:)


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by minnie:)



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 5 Chapter 5

A Chapter by minnie:)