Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by minnie:)

                                      An hour later Alley dropped us off in the city. I had my guitar in my hand as we stood in front of the gift shop.
                                      "Remember! Don't forget to call when it's time for me to pick you up." Alley said as she backed out of the parking lot. She drove away and me and Kristy were left alone.
                                     "Well," I said. "we still have thirty minutes. What should we do during the time we've got?"
                                     "Lets go to the park." Kristy said. "It's just around the block."
                                     We walked to the park and plopped down on a bench. It was then that Kristy spoke. "I just realized this but that Jake guy at the ice cream store looks a lot like you."
                                      I looked at her concerned. "What makes you think he looks like me?"
                                      "He just does, I can see the resemblance between the two of you. He looks like he's supposed to be your brother."
                                     "You're crazy. I don't have a brother, I'm an only child."
                                     "You may be right, but who knows?" She shrugged her shoulders.
                                     "Kristy."
                                     "Yeah?" She looked in my direction and I kissed her.
                                     "What was that for?"
                                     "To get you to hush." I said giving her a sarcastic smile. "So what should we do for the next twenty minutes?"
                                     "We can have a make-out session." Kristy said giggling.
                                     I gave her a straight face. "Wasn't this morning enough for you?"
                                     "Hmm, let me think." She said rubbing her chin. "No." She put a goofy smile on her face.
                                     "Well too bad. It was for me." I poked her cheek. "Lets go ahead and go to the ice cream shoppe. I'm sure Jake wont mind me being a little early."
                                     "Alright." She said letting out a sigh.
                                      We made it to the ice cream shoppe, we walked inside and I laid my guitar against the wall.
                                      "What are we here for again?" Kristy asked.
                                     "Jake's gonna teach me how to play guitar."
                                     At that Jake walked from the back. When he saw us he planted a giant smile on his face.
                                    "Lizzy! Hey! You made it!"
                                    Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kristy roll her eyes, I couldn't help but let out a small laugh. Kristy looked my way.
                                     "What's so funny?" She asked crossing her arms over her chest.
                                     "Nothing." I stopped laughing immediately and tried not to smile.
                                     It took me a few to notice this but Kristy was right, Jake does look a lot like me. His brown hair, my brown hair. His blue eyes, my blue eyes. It was almost like we were twins, he even almost resembled the look of my dad.
                                    "Alright," Jake said. "Just let me clock out for break and grab my guitar and we'll be on our way."
                                    "Where are we going?" Kristy asked letting the irritation in her voice be heard. Jake heard the irritation and let out a laugh. "What are YOU laughing about?" Kristy asked annoyed.
                                    Jake stopped laughing but he still had a smirk on his face.
                                    "Nothing. And we're going to the park."
                                    Jake disappeared in the back and a couple of seconds later returned with a black guitar case similar to mine.
                                   "Alright," he said as he let out a deep breath. "we ready?"
                                  "yup." I said grabbing my guitar.
                                  Jake turned the open sign on the door to closed and we left.
                                  "So what kind of guitar do you have?" Jake asked
                                 "Gibson Acoustic." I replied. "What about you?"
                                  "Same here. I can see you've got the same case to."
                                   I don't know why but I blushed. I hadn't realized Kristy was next to me until I felt her nuzzling her face into my neck, her arm entwined with my empty arm and she was holding my hand. Her lips pressed against my neck and I tightened my grip on her hand. I felt a smile slide across her face as she let out a quiet laugh.
                                   "How long have you two known each other?" Jake asked. Kristy lifted her head off of my shoulder.
                                   "Ever since birth." I replied.
                                   "Really?"
                                   "Yeah. She's at my house more than I'm at hers though."
                                    "Oh? At least you're not adopted."
                                    "You were adopted?"
                                    "Yeah, one of the care takers told me, when I was around fifteen or sixteen, that my biological mother took me to the orphanage the day after I was born. The mother gave me up because she wanted a daughter and not a son."
                                     "Do you know who your biological mother is?"
                                     "No, I've been trying to find out who it is but I haven't had any luck. The only thing I know about her is that she's got a daughter a couple of years younger than me and that she lives somewhere in this area."
                                     "How do you plan on finding out who or where she is?"
                                     "Well I was planning on sneaking into the ladies office, she told me her name but I can never remember it. Anyway, I plan to sneak into her office and look for my file. She records who the child's biological parent is and where they live in the file."
                                     "Well I hope you find her."
                                     "I'd try and find my biological dad but he died."
                                     "Do you know how he died?" Kristy asked. She seemed to have gotten interested in the conversation.
                                     "No, they wouldn't tell me."
                                     "Oh." She said, and she laid her head back on my shoulder.
                                     "I'm sorry about your biological dad and I hope you find your mom." I said.
                                     "Thanks. I'm probably going to need it." He said as he let out a small laugh.
                                      We finally made it to the park and we sat on the same bench that me and Kristy sat on before we left for the ice-cream shoppe.
                                      Jake and I sat our guitar cases on the ground, carefully pulling our instruments out of their cases.
                                      Since this is your first time playing the guitar I'm going to start off by teaching you the parts of the guitar."
                                      "Alright."
                                    About an hour later we were back at the ice-cream shoppe. Jake filled my head with parts of the guitar like I was studying the human body.
                                  He bought me and Kristy an ice-cream and we sat at a table in the store until Jake's break was over.
                                     "Well," I said. "I think it's about time we call our ride so she can come get us." I started to pull my phone out of my pocket until Jake grabbed my hand to stop me.
                                    "Before you do.... can I talk to you? Just for a second in the back."
                                      I glanced towards Kristy and then back at Jake.
                                      "Um, sure." I got up and followed Jake to the back. He made sure the door was closed behind me so no one would hear our conversation, but there was a window on the door making it easy for people to see us.
                                        "So what is it you wanted to ta...." Before I could finish my question Jake kissed me.
                                         I was in shock for a second and I finally came back to my senses. I pushed Jake off of me and started towards the door. I stopped when Jake grabbed my hand.
                                        "What?" I asked irritated.
                                        "Lizzy, look I...." He paused as if trying to think of something to say. "If I would have known it would have offended you in any way I wouldn't have kissed you." Another pause. "Look....I....I like you Lizzy but I just didn't know any other way to express it.
                                         I didn't say anything, I yanked my hand out of his grip and walked back to the front. I looked around for Kristy but she wasn't in sight.
                                         "Kristy?" No answer.


© 2013 minnie:)


Author's Note

minnie:)
Chapter 6 what's your opinion

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on April 23, 2013
Last Updated on April 24, 2013


Author

minnie:)
minnie:)

griffin, Georgia



About
My name is Minnie, I'm 15 years old, I've been writing since 4th grade and I have loved every second of it. I write about anything, mostly what pops into my head. I hope to get some of my stories publ.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by minnie:)


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by minnie:)


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by minnie:)