Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by minnie:)

                      About an hour and a half later Alley was passed out on the floor, the movie was over and me and Kristy were wide awake on the couch.
                     "I'm putting bars on the closet door and a giant cage under the bed. If not bars the I'll put my dresser in front of the door." I said. "Or do you just want to stay here on the couch?" I asked looking at Kristy.
                     "I'd rather sleep in the bedroom."
                     We headed to the bedroom but before we walked in we stopped in the doorway.
                     "You first." Kristy said.
                     "No way."
                     "Well it's your room."
                     "You know the rule, guests first and you're the guest."
                     "Fine, I'll go first." Kristy walked into my dark bedroom and a couple of seconds later she spoke.
                     "Alright Lizzy, come on in."
                     I walked in and the first thing I did was turn the light on. Kristy pounced at me and we both landed on my bed.
                    "You are so going to pay for that!" I said laughing.
                    "So.... what are we doing tomorrow?"
                    "Well, I have to go to the music store and then I have to go to the city at three."
                    "For what? And why do you need to go to the music store?"
                   "I can not and will not answer your first question and your second question is because I want to."
                   "Okaaay." There was a second pause until Kristy spoke again. "Hey Lizzy."
                   "Yeah?"
                   Another pause. "Never mind."
                   A few minutes later Kristy fell asleep, I went to my safe, punched in the code and grabbed my diary. I recorded the rest of what happened today and put it back in my safe. I laid back on my bed and fell asleep.
                   It was around ten in the morning when I woke up. Kristy was still asleep so I went to the restroom and took a quick shower. I got out and went went back to my room, being quiet so I wouldn't wake Kristy. I grabbed a black tank top and a dark blue jean skirt. I changed into my clothes and went to my safe and grabbed two hundred dollars for when I buy my guitar.
                   I went to the living room and saw Alley pouring herself a bowl of cereal.
                   "Morning." I said.
                   "Hey girl. Want some cereal?"
                   "Nah, I'm still full of sugar. I'll be fine."
                   "Okay."    
                   "Hey Alley."
                   "Would you mind taking me to the music store?"
                   "Sure. What for?"
                   "I saw something there I wanted to buy
                   "What was it?"
                   "Guitar."
                   "Oh? Sounds cool. I guess I can take you there. Do you want Kristy to come?"
                   "Nah, I think I'll let her sleep. Oh and before I forget, I'm gonna need you to drop me off at the city at around two- forty five. I have to meet a friend there at the ice cream shoppe."
                   "Sure. Do you want to head to the music store now or later?"
                   "I was hoping to go now."
                   "Alright just let me finish my cereal and get dressed."
                  "I'll leave a note for Kristy in case she wakes up before we get back."
                  I wrote a note on a sticky sheet and quietly walked to my room. I stuck the note on her forehead.
                  A few minutes later Alley and I left.
                  When we made it to the music store we went inside and headed towards the guitars.
                  I looked at the number of guitars hanging on the wall. There was one that caught my attention, it was a Gibson acoustic guitar for one hundred and twenty-five dollars.
                 A man behind the counter came up to me. He had long brown hair and a beard and he looked to be about seven feet tall.
                "What can I do for you?"
                "Can I see that Gibson Acoustic on the top please?"
                He pulled the guitar down and handed it to me. I studied the look of the guitar.
                "The original price was around five hundred bucks but because of the that no one would buy it so we dropped the price down to one hundred twenty-five bucks. It's actually a pretty famous choice for guitarists."
                "Really?"
                "Yeah."
                "Okay, just one question. How much would a guitar case cost?"
                "The best looking one we have is this one." He pulled out a genuine leather guitar case with a soft inside and a place to hold the guitar picks.
                "How much is it?"
                "About fifty bucks."
                "Lets see if I have two-hundred on me. The guitar is one twenty-five and the case fifty. I'll take it."
                "Alright." He grabbed the case and guitar and went to a register. He scanned the items.
                "Total is one seventy-five."
                I handed him the cash and he handed me my change.
                "Do you want a pack of ten picks for a dollar?"
                "Sure." I handed him a dollar and he gave me the picks, then me and Alley left.
                We made it home about twenty minutes later. We walked in the door and Kristy was on the couch with a bowl of cereal.
                "Hey guys." She said.
                "Hey." I said trying to get in the door, my guitar catching on the side of the house.
                "Where did you guys go?"
                "Music store."
                "That explains the unreadable note on my forehead." She said sarcastically. I let out a laugh.
                "So what do you want to do until three o'clock?" I asked.
                "What do you have to do at three o'clock?"
                "I have to meet a friend in the city. I'll only be gone about an hour, hour and a half."
                "Oh? Okay, I'll just go swimming until you get back."
                "Alright. So what do you want to do until then?"
                "How about we walk around the neighborhood for a few."
                "Alright. Let's go get ready then."
                 We went to my room and I put my guitar in my closet. Kristy kept the same thing she had on yesterday. She grabbed her flip-flops and sunglasses and we left.
                 We were halfway down the street when Kristy asked me a question. "What do you think it would be like if we started going out?"
                "Well that's a weird question." I giggled.
                Kristy turned around and headed back towards the house.
                "Where are you going?" I asked.
                "Back to the house."
                I ran to catch up to her. "What's wrong?"
                "Nothing."
                "Did I say something wrong?"
                "No I just don't feel like being outside right now."
                When we got back to the house there was a note taped to the door.
                "If you guys are back before I am I'm at the store and I'll be back soon.                ~Alley"
                 Kristy ripped the note off the door and crumpled it in her hand. She went inside and headed towards my room, I followed behind her.
                We walked into my room and I sat on my bed. Kristy plopped down next to me.
                "Lizzy?"
                "Hm?"
                "Have you ever kissed a girl?" My face went red.
                "Uh, well other than that one time when you um, kissed me. But uh, um other than that um, no, I haven't um, kissed a girl before. Why do you ask?"
                Without warning Kristy leaned over and kissed me. I backed against the wall so I wouldn't fall over. She pulled back and held my gaze for no more than three seconds. I laid my hand on the back of her neck and pulled her in to kiss her. I felt her hand slide in my shirt as she traced my spine, I shuddered with pleasure. I laid back on my bed and Kristy laid back to take a breath. After a second or two she kissed me again.
                We heard Alley's voice in the living room as she got closer to us. "Hey guys! I'm back! Figured y'all were here since the note I left isn't on the door."
                We broke apart right before right before Alley walked in. Kristy grabbed a Teens magazine off of my bedside table and sat against the wall pretending to read it. I stayed laying down picking at my nails.
               Alley stood in the entrance of my room with the door wide open. Kristy looked up from the magazine.
              "Hey." She said. "What's up?"
              "Nothing, just coming to check on you. Oh and Lizzy?"
              "Yeah?" I sat up.
              "Here soon it'll be time to take you to the city and meet your friend. It's one o'clock."
              "Alright."
              "Just figured I'd let you know."
              "Okay, thanks."
               Alley left the room. Kristy and I looked at each other and laughed.
               "Well," I said laying back down. "that was.... awkward."
               Kristy laid down next to me and looked in my direction, I looked in hers. "You know what else is awkward?"
               "Nope. Help me out."
               "You." She leaned in and kissed me.
                   
            
                


© 2013 minnie:)


Author's Note

minnie:)
comments? Ideas? i'll take any of it :)
let me know what you think! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dear Minnie:)
Another excellent read. You are quite the talented young writer. As always your story pulls me right back in where I left off with ease and great involvement making the reader feel a part of it all. i love the personal notes of well the sticky note on the forehead and the guitar picks for a dollar. Every time I go to a music store for strings or an effects pedal you name it, I can't get out the door without being up sold on some picks.Your ending was excellent, I began to wonder what would come of the information in the journal. Question answered. There are some typos, at least one I know of.
" "Nah, I'm (still of) sugar. I'll be fine.""
Full* maybe. I would suggest obviously to do some proof reads when you have time but otherwise as I always say with you quite the write and I love it.
Sincerely
Chris
100/100

Posted 10 Years Ago


unsavable_soul

10 Years Ago

Most certainly will be reading more after I get through my daily routine. I am trying to get back on.. read more
minnie:)

10 Years Ago

It's fine on how long it takes to review the writing, I don't mind, really. Take as long as you need.. read more
unsavable_soul

10 Years Ago

Thanks Minnie,
I am committed and enjoying this ever so much.
Have a great day Minnie.read more
Hah go Kristy, making your move and all, what a boss! :P
I liked this chapter and Gibson now that's a good guitar company. The only thing I would ask you to fix in this chapter is the presentation, the paragraphs are not in line and it looks very unclean and careless. I don't mind cause I enjoy reading you but a lot of people are anal about that and will deduct from the story cause of it. Now I want to know how Lizzy will react with the Jake, is she going to cut her cake and have both the slices or .. is she going to have to choose.

Posted 11 Years Ago


minnie:)

11 Years Ago

that part will come up in chapter 7 :) yeah i meant to fix the look of chapter but i forgot to do th.. read more
minnie:)

11 Years Ago

and i thnk i sent u a read request for chapter 6, i don't know, cant remember

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2013
Last Updated on May 17, 2013


Author

minnie:)
minnie:)

griffin, Georgia



About
My name is Minnie, I'm 15 years old, I've been writing since 4th grade and I have loved every second of it. I write about anything, mostly what pops into my head. I hope to get some of my stories publ.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by minnie:)


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by minnie:)


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by minnie:)



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..