Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by minnie:)

          The next morning I woke up to a loud knock at the door. I slid myself out of bed and slunk to the door. The knocking came again, this time louder. I looked at the clock on the wall. Twelve in the afternoon, that's the latest I've slept in forever.
                                               "I'm coming! Be patient!"
                                               I heard Kristy walking behind me. Before I could reach the door she wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me towards her. "Can't we ignore whoever is on the other side of the door?" She said laying her her chin on my shoulder.
                                               "Nope. They know I'm home because I hollered. Now if you'll excuse me..." The knocking came again. "I'm coming! Hold on!" I headed towards the door and flung it open. Jake stood on the porch his eyes wide.
          "So..." I said seeing a manilla folder with "Jake's Adoption File" on the front in his hand. "what's it like to know you just kissed your sister. I heard Kristy behind me laughing, nearly loosing her breath.
          "And what's it like to know you had a crush on your brother?" Kristy asked wrapping her arm around my neck. I gave her an evil look.
          "Are you just gonna stand there or are you coming in?"
         Jake walked inside and looked around. His attention landed on the giant lolly-pops on the table and his eyes grew even more wide.
        "You wanna sit down?" I asked gesturing towards the couch
        "Um, sure." He said scratching his neck.
        "If you want to meet mom there's no chance until summer break is over. She wont be back until then."
        "Okay." Basically he was in shock. I sat on the recliner and Kristy leaned over the back, she laid her chin on my shoulder and kissed my neck. This time Jake noticed and for some crazy reason he was the one that blushed. I pulled my neck away. "Stop." Kristy gave me a pouty look. I looked back at Jake. "So... need some mouthwash?"
        He let out a small laugh. "No, um, I'm fine. So Dad died in a car wreck?"
        "Yeah. Um, can you give me a second I have to make a call." I went to my room, grabbed my phone and dialed my moms number.
        "Hello?"
        "Thanks for letting me know I have a brother."
        "What are you talking about?"
        "Don't lie Mom! He's here right now with the papers to prove it! Why didn't you tell me I had a brother?!"
        "Lizzy I'm sor...."
        "Don't say you're sorry! Tell me about why you never told me about me having a brother!"
        "Your father never knew about it okay." I heard her crying. " I told the doctor to tell him the baby died. I never wanted a son okay, I wanted a daughter. If I told your father about it he would be hurt."
        "You know what," I said angrily. " never mind, have fun on vacation." I hung up and threw my phone on my bed. Before I could leave the room my phone rang. I picked it up and answered. "Hello?"
        "Hey it's Alley."
        "Oh hey, what's up?"
        "I just wanted to know I have to stay here another day so I'm not going to be back, if I'm lucky, three."
        "Alright, um, me and Kristy are gonna go visit our dad's graves."
        "Are you OK Lizzy?"
        "Yeah, I'm fine."
        "Alright, well I have too go. The tots are getting into a fight."
        "Alright, see you later."
        "Bye."
        I hung up and went to the living room.
        "Hey Kristy."
        "Yeah?" She said looking my way.
        "Let's go visit our dad's graves." I looked at Jake. "You wanna come?"
        "Sure. Oh and you left your guitar at the ice-cream shoppe. I brought it with me in case I ran into you, so I could give it to you."
        "Alright. Where's it at?"
        "My truck."
        I walked outside to the truck, grabbed my guitar and went back inside. I went to my room and put my guitar on my bed and went back to the living room.
        "Jake, if you just hold on a second me and Kristy have to change and then we'll leave."
        "Alright." Jake said.
        After me and Kristy changed I went outside, and just to make her mad I dug up the flowers my dad planted for her before he died. She didn't deserve them, she lied to me and dad. I had a brother and she gave him away because he was a different gender than what she wanted.
         I made sure the roots were still intact, when I saw they were I ran back inside to the kitchen and grabbed a cup to put the flowers in and a bottle of water. "Alright, lets go."
         I went outside and grabbed my bike, before Kristy of Jake could make it outside I was already halfway down the street. I heard Kristy behind me hollering at Jake.
          "Just drive there!"
          I made it to the graveyard, not bothering to put the kickstand down, I got off my bike and let it fall to the ground.
          I ran to the grave and dropped to my knees, tears filled my eyes as I tried to dig a hole to plant the flowers in. I poured some water over them so they would grow.
          "Why did you leave me Dad?"
          I let the memory of the last time we were together flow through my mind. It was basically at the scene where the crash happened.
          My moms phone started to ring. She grabbed it off the couch and answered. "Hello?" There was a pause. She covered her mouth with her hand as tears swelled in here eyes.
          "Okay, thank you. I'm on my way." She hung up and looked at me. "Lizzy, come on honey. We need to leave."
          "What's wrong Mommy?"
          "Just come on." She picked me up and carried me to the car. She strapped me in my car-seat.
           A few minutes later we made it to Wal-mart but we didn't go in the parking lot or inside. There were two firetrucks, three ambulance cars, and God only knew how many police cars. We were at the intersection in front of the store.
           I looked out the window and saw Kristy and her mom standing in the crowd. My view was blocked when Mom came around to my side. She pulled me out of my car-seat and ran towards the crowd. She shoved herself to the fron of the crowd and put me down.
           As soon as I turned around the first thing I saw was my dad laying in a puddle of his own blood.
           "Daddy!" I felt tears swell in my eyes as I ran towards him. I was stopped when a policeman grabbed my arm.
           "Let me go! Daddy!" I heard people mumbling around me as the officer tried to pull me back. I bit his hand to the point where it broke skin and I kicked his leg as hard as I could.
            "Ow! You little...." He let go of my arm and I ran towards Dad. I dropped to my knees next to him and began to cry.
            "Daddy!" I looked around and saw women and men standing and watching, most of them were crying. "Don't just stand there! Help him!"
            I looked down when I heard his voice.
            "Daddy?"
            "Lizzy." His voice sounded weak. He raised his hand to my cheek, it was bloody but I didn't care. "It's okay, I'm going home now, don't worry."
             "Don't leave me Daddy!" I laid down next to him and buried my face in his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me close. My tears soaked his shirt.
              "Shhhhh, it's going to be okay. I'll always be with you and your mother, Lizzy."
              The same policeman that tried me back came again and grabbed my arm. He started to pull me away from my dad, it was my last chance to spend as much time with him as possible and it was being taken away from me.
             "Lizzy! Let her go! Ahh!" He screamed in pain from his injuries. People started shouting things like; "Let her go!" or "Stop! That's her father! Let her see him!"
               "Daddy!"
               The officer let go of my arm, but it wasn't by choice. A man from the crowd punched the officer and a fight broke out between them.
                I didn't waist any time, I ran towards my dad and laid down next to him. He wrapped his arms around me once again.
                I love you so much Lizzy. I'll always be with you."  Those were his last words before he took his last breath. My dad died with me in his arms.
                "Daddy?" I waited for a response, there was none. "Daddy! No! You can't go home yet! Daddy!" Tears flew out of my eyes. I looked around and saw Kristy's dad on the ground, already dead. That just made me scream louder.
                  "Daddy! Don't go!" I clung to him as my mom tried to pull me away. "Lizzy come on, please." She started to cry. I turned from my dad and clung to my mom.
                   "I know honey," She said crying. "but he's home now."
                    "His home is with us!"
                    I watched as four men carried Dad away on a gurney. The man that started the fight with the officer was arrested. Before they took him away I told him thank-you for helping me to see my dad.
                    The memory ended when Kristy sat on her knees next to me. A couple of seconds later Jake was next to me.
                     "Are you OK?" Kristy asked.
                     I could feel tears sliding down my cheeks as I sat at my dads grave. It said:
                Frank Andrews
          A loving husband and father
       December 18, 1976- July 8, 2012
                      "Yeah, I'm fine." I said wiping tears from my eyes.
       
       
                          



© 2013 minnie:)


Author's Note

minnie:)
To be honest, I cried while I was writing the memory, I couldn't help it..... tears kept flowing out of my eyes.
Anyway let me know your thoughts, opinions, etc. I'll take it all:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Extremely touching....

Posted 10 Years Ago


very sad indeed, minnie, you have a gift for writing the short story. well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


minnie:)

11 Years Ago

thanks, i kind of didn't like writing the memory because the more words i put them ore i cried, coul.. read more
i've read the whole thing in a couple of days. this is a very good story, definitely keep continuing it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


minnie:)

11 Years Ago

thanks :)
beautiful dreamer

11 Years Ago

you are welcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 29, 2013
Last Updated on April 29, 2013


Author

minnie:)
minnie:)

griffin, Georgia



About
My name is Minnie, I'm 15 years old, I've been writing since 4th grade and I have loved every second of it. I write about anything, mostly what pops into my head. I hope to get some of my stories publ.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by minnie:)


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by minnie:)


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by minnie:)