chapter 1

chapter 1

A Chapter by minnie:)

                              I stood next to my mailbox as my friend pulled into the driveway. It was summer vacation and after a lot of persuasion her mom finally decided to let her spend the whole summer at my house. My mom was on a vacation for the summer so she stuck us with a babysitter. I still don't know why, I'm fifteen, it's not like I can't take care of myself.
                              My babysitters name is Alley. She's got dark red hair and she's about five foot three. It's hard to believe but she has to duck in order to get in the front door. Alley hasn't made it to the house yet so me and Kristy have some time to ourselves.
                               Me and Kristy have known each other, well, ever since we were born. Both of our dads died in a car accident when we were five. They were on their way to the store when they were hit by a drunk driver. Both of our parents have known each other ever since middle school, so me and Kristy are like sisters in theory.
                               Kristy stepped out of the car and waved her mom goodbye as she pulled out of the driveway. Kristy had dark brown hair and was about two or three inches shorter than me.
                                "Hey Kristy." I gave her a hug and I felt her hand slide to my bottom. I backed up immediately and gave her a straight face. "Really?"
                                 "What? You know me, I'm weird." She said laughing. Little did Kristy's or my mom know, well Kristy is a lesbian. Has been for like three or four years now.
                                 We walked inside and Kristy dropped her stuff on the couch. "Alley isn't here yet, so we have the house to ourselves for a couple of hours."
                                 "How do you know it's a couple of hours?"
                                  "Because it takes her literally forever to get ready."
                                  I walked to the fridge and grabbed two canned sodas. I decided to play a trick on Kristy so I shook her can.
                                   "Hey Kristy, let's go outside for a second."
                                    "Alright."
                                 We walked outside and I handed Kristy what I thought was her soda. I opened mine and sprite flew out of the can. I heard Kristy laughing, she was bent over holding her stomach.
                                  My face and shirt were soaked. What's worse is my shirt was completely white, and Kristy makes a lot of crazy jokes when something like this happens. 
                                 "Who scheduled the wet tee-shirt contest?" She said giggling.
                                  "Looks like I gave you the wrong can."
                                  "Oh that was meant for me?" She shook here can and headed towards me. She stopped right in front of me and opened her drink. More sprite flew on my face and shirt, I pulled my shirt off of my skin so it would be harder to see through, but it didn't work.
                                    "Since when do you wear tweety bird bras?"
                                    She was right, I was wearing a bra with multiple tweety birds on it. I folded my arms and ran inside to change. I heard Kristy following behind me, she was still laughing. I ran to my room and pulled my shirt off. As I walked to my closet I threw the shirt in my hamper. I searched my clothes for a darker shirt, finally I ripped one off of a hanger. As I put it on Kristy walked into my room.
                                     "So what do you want to do today?" Kristy asked.
                                     "I don't know, I figured as soon as Alley got here we could get her to drive us to the city and we could go window shopping."
                                     "Sounds fun. I think I'll wear a bikini top with shorts."
                                     "You're so weird."
                                     "Hey you should wear the same thing, get yourself a boyfriend."
                                      "Alright fine. But I'm wearing a shirt over it."
                                      "You're so shy. You need to come out of the shell a little. That's why you don't have a boyfriend. As a matter of fact the last time you had a boyfriend was.... well, um, never."
   "Okay, I already said I would wear a bikini. So calm down."
   "There you go. You're starting to live a little, finally."
   "I'm not interested in boys right now Kristy. The only thing that's going to happen is they're going to dump you a couple of weeks later because they saw a girl with bigger tits."
   Kristy let out a laugh.
   "See that's why I'm the way I am. Girls don't care......"
   I stopped her mid-sentence by giving her an annoyed look.
   "I am not going to be a lesbian and that's final. There is nothing you can do or say to change my mind."
   For a while now Kristy has tried to convince me to become lesbian. Little did she know is I've had a crush on her for three years. I haven't figured out a way to tell her, but if she finds my hiding spot for my diary I'm screwed, because it explains everything about my having a crush on her. She knows I have a diary and every time she comes over she tries to find it. She never succeeds though, I'm surprised to because to because she searches every crevice of my room. What she doesn't know is that I discovered a wall safe when we moved in, it's hidden behind a poster of John Cena doing his "U can't c me" move. Even if she did find it she wouldn't be able to get in because she didn't have the combination. My mom doesn't even know about it because I have about six hundred dollars from mowing neighbors lawns and walking dogs. If she found it she would take every penny.
   "Looks like Alley took a shorter amount of time to get ready." Kristy said as she looked out of my window. "She's here."
     "Really? Well that's a first." 
    I went and opened the door as Alley walked up the sidewalk with some bags in her hands.
   "Hey Alley. You need some help?"
   "Hey Lizzy, yeah go ahead and grab the bags in my left hand before it falls off."
    I ran up to her and grabbed the bags. We made it inside and sat the bags on the dining table. I saw that there was candy, popcorn and sodas in the bags along with two horror movies. One of them was "The Grudge" and the other was "The Cabin in the Woods."
    "What's all this for?" I asked confused.
     "I figured we could watch some scary movies and get a sugar high tonight. Oh yeah I forgot, you two go look in the back seat of the car. I got something for you."
       Me and Kristy ran outside to the car. We looked in the backseat windows to find two of those giant, swirly lolly-pops that cost like twenty bucks each. Me and Kristy looked at each other with wide eyes.
        "Holy freakshow! I'm definitely going to be getting a sugar high tonight." Kristy said opening the door. She grabbed the one on top and handed the one on bottom to me.
           "Oh yeah, before we forget," I said trying to hold up my lolly-pop. "we still need to ask Alley if she can take us to the city to go window shopping."
          "Yeah, let's go ahead and do that."
           We walked inside to find Alley putting the sodas in the fridge. We carefully put our lolly-pops on the dining table.
             "Well? What do y'all think. I got them at that dollar store down the street for five bucks."
              "They're awesome!" Kristy yelled.
               "Yeah, they're cool. I think I'll save mine for tonight. Anyway, Alley?"
                  "What's up?"
                "Me and Kristy were wondering if you could drive us to the city so we could go window shopping, maybe walk around for an hour or two."
                 "Why window shopping? Tell you what, how about I give you both fifty bucks to go shopping. I'll drop you off in the city and come back here and take me a two hour nap and go back and get you."
                   Me and Kristy looked at each other shocked.
                  "Really?"
                   "Yeah." Alley reached in her wallet and pulled out two fifty dollar bills and handed them to me and Kristy.
                     "Now go get ready to go before I change my mind."
                    Kristy grabbed her bags off of the couch and we ran to my room to change. We made it to my room, I closed my door and locked it so Alley wouldn't walk in on us changing. I walked to my closet and and grabbed a light pink bikini, a white tee-shirt, and a jean skirt.
                    "Wow girl, look at you wanting to show off."
                     "Oh good grief, I'm only wearing it because if I don't you wont shut up until I do. Now turn around so I can change."
                     "Why? We're all girls here, it's not like you're going to die from changing in front of someone."
                    "You are so weird. I'll just change in the closet." I went inside my closet and closed the door behind me. I stripped from my clothes and put on my top and bottoms to my bathing suit, I finished when Kristy opened the door. I let out a yelp.
                     "You jerk! You scared me!" Kristy started to laugh. "Hey at least you're dressed."
                    I put on my shirt and skirt and grabbed a pair of flip-flops and walked out of the closet. Kristy opened the door and looked towards me."I'm gonna go let Alley know we're ready."
                    "Okay." Kristy left the room, I closed the door and ran to my safe. I wanted to grab some extra money but if I didn't hurry Kristy would walk in and see the safe. I quickly put in the combination and grabbed my stack of money. I grabbed a fifty and as I was putting the money back in the safe I heard Kristy's voice as she walked to my room. I shoved the money in the safe and closed the door right as Kristy walked in.
                    "Hey girl come on, we're about to leave." She looked me up and down and noticed I was shaking.
                    "Are you OK? You look like you saw a ghost."
                     "Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go now before Alley changes her mind." I headed towards the door then stopped when I notice Kristy wasn't following me. "You coming?"
                        "Yeah, I just have to grab my sunglasses from my bag."
                        "Alright, I'm gonna go grab some drinks from the fridge before we leave."
                         I left the room and at that point I realized I might not have closed my safe all the way. I swore to myself.
                         Me and Alley were outside waiting in the car when Kristy ran out. "I call shotgun!" She hollered as she ran to the car.
                          "To late, I already did."
                           "Aw come on, you don't want to sit in the back with your best friend?"
                            "Says the one who tried calling shotgun no more than thirty seconds ago."
                             "Okay you got me there but still, you don't want to sit in the back with me?"
                             "Alright, fine." We climbed in the back seat, Kristy sat in the middle and I sat at the door."
                              "You don't want to sit at the door?"
                              "Nah, I'll be fine in the middle, I can hog all the air conditioning."
                               "Are you guys buckled?" Alley asked looking in the rear view mirror.
                            "Yeah, we're buckled." Kristy and I said in unison. We looked at each other and laughed.
                    


© 2013 minnie:)


Author's Note

minnie:)
let me know what you think of chapter one!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's great! It is a good starter you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great use of speech and the story sounds interesting so far:) maybe to improve you could include more descriptive writing techniques like similes and metaphors? Good start though!

Posted 10 Years Ago


minnie:)

10 Years Ago

thanks :)
Very nice,
This work is not over complicated in any bad ways and makes the reader feel like they move along in great time with the protagonist. It is an excellent start to this book. I was entertained by the interactions and realism in the writing. Is this the actual end of chapter one or is this just shortened for review here? All and all a very strong start in my opinion.

I did find a few edits in need of being done but as I said this is a good piece. Nice work Minnie. If you're interested I can place what I found here or simply mail them to you, neither are necessary I just figured I would offer. I like this and think you are very talented for someone who is fifteen years old. Keep them coming.
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

minnie:)

11 Years Ago

thanks, and it's the end to chapter one there's more than one chapter to this story. I've actually g.. read more
unsavable_soul

11 Years Ago

Great,
I will get to chapter two later today or at the latest tomorrow. Thanks for the read re.. read more
brilliant!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was so good, it was like I found your diary behind the poster in the safe and I couldn't get myself to stop reading. So captivating and interesting.. and Ally seems awesome as well. If this is somewhat of a true story then i'm really sorry about the loss of your dads. You're an incredible writer. Keep at it, message me when you put the next chapter up as I sometimes ignore read requests if it's not a poem.
I'm surprised to because to because (to because twice

Posted 11 Years Ago


minnie:)

11 Years Ago

Thanks :) No need to worry the story isn't true. And I'll be sure to message you when chapter 2 is u.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2013
Last Updated on April 12, 2013


Author

minnie:)
minnie:)

griffin, Georgia



About
My name is Minnie, I'm 15 years old, I've been writing since 4th grade and I have loved every second of it. I write about anything, mostly what pops into my head. I hope to get some of my stories publ.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by minnie:)


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by minnie:)


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by minnie:)



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..