Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Oran

The world, it's burning. You'd smell the ashes of the flames that consume the whole of a nation, slowly melting whatever's left back to dust. The storm of infernos chokes the life out of a once great race. Who's at fault? One guy comes to mind. Osiris Luno, the Azure Bladesman.

"This is not the help that I needed..."

Let me explain. Okay... I can't explain very much since it'd ruin the story so let's just say Osiris accidentally wiped out his entire race. Try to imagine being the cause of millions of deaths, which also includes the people you care about. Horrifying, right? Even if it was an accident, remorse will always be the first thing to come in mind. No one wants to burn his own people, right? Good.

Now, he's running. Running away from whatever the hell he did. Running until he's out of breath and can't move. Wherever he was, he didn't give a damn. The last thing he saw before getting there was the smoldering remains of the city he once knew and loved. The people who live there -or used to live there- call themselves "Elementals", and inadvertently, so was he.

He collapses and falls to his side in the dark glow of a forest. Somehow, his eye caught something else that was sparkling with light. It was small like... a kid. Oh... wait, it is a kid. It was holding some sort of cat opposite the light color glowing from him. It had two antennae sticking out the base of its forehead and had dark blue fur. Looks like Osiris knows what it is.

"Hey, kid..."

A child, pure and innocent. What would you do when you find one alone?



© 2017 Oran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fantastic piece of writing and great beginning to the story. I'd have organised the sentence structure a little differently, but that's just me! I like a fairly complex sentence structure. Other than that keep up the great work. I see that this story has a whole bunch of chapters, so that's exciting. I'll attempt to get through them all.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Oran

8 Years Ago

Have fun reading
the whole of a nation = I think it should be "The Whole nation"

One thing....中二病だ!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Oran

9 Years Ago

Wow. I can't believe someone's actually reading this thing. Thank you for giving a damn.
Oh, .. read more
Oran

9 Years Ago

OMG!!! It means Chuunibyou!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 8, 2017

Equilibrium


Author

Oran
Oran

Somewhere in the Philippines, My house, Philippines



About
I write stuff. - -Stop scrolling! You'll get lewd if you keep scrolling! Are you sure you want to keep on reading this? Okay, if you insist on knowing, I am from the deep and disgusti.. more..

Writing
Steel is Yielding Steel is Yielding

A Story by Oran


Afterglow Afterglow

A Story by Oran


lwo3ynq5f lwo3ynq5f

A Story by Oran