Chapter XLI: Rainmaker

Chapter XLI: Rainmaker

A Chapter by Oran

 

            1:31 R.W.T.

 

            It has been 11 hours and 14 minutes since the Sylphid was able to lift-off, but due to the lack of materials available for repairs on the ship as well as the incoming rain from the clusters of clouds, the time they spent airborne was short-lived and Elias had to issue an emergency-landing in the dead of the night while the entire party was resting.

 

            The lights were off as the Elementals lay peacefully asleep in their seats. Meanwhile, their Anima were huddled together on Lanette’s lap dozing-off whilst they snore. Not wanting to wake them up as he saw this, Elias went back to the cockpit and started pulling levers in preparation for an emergency landing. His sister was asleep on the co-pilot seat, and after some slight turbulence from Elias’ configuration on the ship, she wakes up and asks him what’s going on.

 

            “What’s up Eli? Are you so worked-up on those hot girls in your ship that you couldn’t sleep?”

 

            “No, I’m worked-up because we are slowly losing altitude.”

 

            “What?” She gets up and checks the meter on the control panel. “Are we going to crash?”

 

            “Probably, but I’ll make the landing as soft as possible.” He pulls another lever.

 

            “Should I wake them up?”

 

            “No, they might start panicking again. Just keep an eye on them, will you?”

 

            “Sure thing, brother.”

 

            She exits the cockpit and enters the passenger area.

 

            [1]“Ow! My hippocampus!

 

            Solis woke up after falling off the chair and hitting his head on the chair in front of him.

 

            “Are you okay, Solis?” She approaches him.

 

            “Not really”, he says while clutching his forehead. “Wait, what’s going on?”

 

            “Um... It’s just some turbulence. Eli is having trouble fixing it but it’ll be over in a minute”, she says, realizing that he might start to ramble. “You should just sit tight. You’re going to need some rest after all that.”

 

            “Rest, huh?” He stares off into the distance.

 

            “What?”

 

            “No, it’s nothing.” He stands up. “By the way, do you guys have any food on board? My stomach is eating itself.”

 

            “Yeah, we got tons of it, actually. Follow me.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            The back part of the ship is loaded with crates of food supplies stacked against the wall. There were no windows there, just a small dim light bulb hanging from the ceiling.

 

            “Solis, could you stand on this and fix the light”, she requests while pulling a large box toward the kid.

 

            “Okay”, he complies, climbing up the box and reaching for the light.

 

            “We got some suman. Is that okay with you?”

 

            “Yes, please.” He holds on the bulb and tightens its screw, lighting up its intensity. “Is this good?”

 

            “That’s good.”

 

            From the one of the boxes on top of the stack, she takes out a plastic container containing sweet sticky rice wrapped individually in cylindrical leaf rolls. She then takes a few smaller crates for them to sit on while Solis got down the large box. Setting the container on top the box they’re using as a table, she removes the lid and presents the hearty snack.

 

            “Help yourself, Solis.”

 

            “Don’t mind if I do”, he takes one and removes the wrapper.

 

            Taking a bite, he munches on the chewy, sticky rice and surprisingly, the taste was sweet even without the traditional brown sugar that used to complement the snack.

 

            “This tastes perfectly sweet... Like, the texture of the rice and the amount of sugar complement each other in such a way that... Wow! This is amazing!”

 

            “Why, thank you. I made them myself, actually. I’ve been making these since I was a kid”, she thanks him with a smile as she watches him eat.

 

            While he was enjoying his snack, Solis thought for a moment.

 

            Now that I think about it, this is the first time I’ve had a conversation with someone that doesn’t involve Demons or Elementals or the fate of Humanity. Ever since I met Mea again, I’ve been doing things out of my league. Now, everything just feels normal.

 

            “So... uh...” He thinks of something to talk about. “Were you this good in making food since you were a kid? I mean, you were also the one who made that caldereta, right?”

 

            “Huh?” She blushes a little from his indirect complement-

 

            It’s ‘compliment’ not ‘complement’!

 

      “Huh?” She blushes a little from his indirect compliment and avoids eye-contact. “Well... No, actually. I was terrible at cooking when I was a kid. I couldn’t even steam rice properly.”

 

            Noticing that she blushed, he awkwardly reiterates his question.

 

            “Oh... I didn’t mean to pry. I just haven’t been able to have a normal conversation like this for a while so... um...”

 

            “D-Don’t worry about it...” Her face is awkwardly flushed in a pretty pink. Maise immediately changes the topic to keep herself from being the subject. “W-What about you, Solis? Did you... um... have any hobbies as a kid?”

 

            “Me?” He looks up and thinks about it. “Hmm... Zoology, I guess...”

 

            I guess that explains why you like to murder animals.

 

            “Zoology?”

 

            “Yes. As a kid I was interested in animals. I’ve always wanted to travel around the world and find a new species or something like that.”

 

            “Wow. I never thought you’d want to be something like that.”

 

            “What do you mean?”

 

            “I don’t know... My first impression of you was that you were childish. I didn’t think you were someone who wanted to do something as cool as that.”

 

            “Really?” His eyes sparkle from her indirect compliment as he rose in excitement from his seat, dropping his suman while he was at it. “You think it’s cool that I want to be a Zoologist?”

 

            “Y-Yes?”

 

            “Luno said that Zoology sucks when I told him I wanted to be a Zoologist! But now I’ve decided!” He brims with excitement as he pumps his fist and proclaims, “When this is all over, I’m gonna stop being a Slayer and devote my life to studying animals!”

 

            “T-That sounds great...” She gives him a wry smile.

 

            Suddenly he clasps both of her hands and energetically says: “I swear, I’ll be the greatest Zoologist as you are the greatest cook I’ve ever met!”

 

            Her face turned as red as a tomato the instant she met his smile. She is only 14, but his childlike expression made her realize that she forgot how to be a kid a long time ago. Reminded of her former energy as a kid, she-

 

            NANDATO!”

 

            Mea furiously burst through the door.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            1:51 R.W.T.

 

            The turbulence on the ship had been gradually going rough when Mea woke up after she hit her head on the seat in front of her. As she looked around, she saw that everyone was still sleeping which means...

 

            Maybe I can play with Solis while he’s sleeping...

 

            Mea quietly got up from her seat. Trailing through the small rows of seats with light steps, she tries to find our main character who was probably sleeping in a way that would um... excite her.

 

            Look, I know you two are the same age but that still makes you a shota-con, Mea!

 

            “He’s not here”, she whispers to herself.

 

            Isn’t that a good thing? You won’t be able to sexually harass him while he’s gone, right?

 

            “I wonder where he went...”

 

            And so she made her way out the door leading out the lobby, and after randomly choosing between three doors that lead to another area of the ship, she took the one directly in front of her. She hesitated, however, when she heard voices coming from the other side.

 

            “I don’t know... My first impression of you was that you were childish. I didn’t think you were someone who wanted to do something as cool as that.”

 

            “Really? You think it’s cool that I want to be a Zoologist?”

 

            “Y-Yes?”

 

            “Luno said that Zoology sucks when I told him I wanted to be a Zoologist! But now I’ve decided! When this is all over, I’m gonna stop being a Slayer and devote my life to studying animals!”

 

            “T-That sounds great...”

 

            “I swear, I’ll be the greatest Zoologist as you are the greatest cook I’ve ever met!”

 

            You’ve probably already guessed that it’s Solis and Maise, dear reader. Mea noticed it too, and for some reason she’s pissed off that Solis is talking about his dreams with someone else that’s not her.

 

            NANDATO!”

 

            Mea furiously burst through the door.

 

            Surprised, the two stare at her for a while. They had no idea what came over Mea and they had trouble reacting to her angered expression.

 

            “...Eve?”, Solis starts.

 

            Realizing what she’s done, she clears her throat.

 

            “*cough* Solis, can I talk to you for a minute?”

 

            “Okay...”

 

            She gestures him to go outside with her so they can talk privately. Once out the room, she begins lecturing him.

 

            “Solis, do you know what a ‘flag’ is?”

 

            “You mean like a banner or something?”

 

            “No, I mean flags that steer you towards another direction.”

 

            “Like a left-turn sign?”

 

            She makes a face-palm in disappointment then continues explaining.

 

            “Look, a ‘flag’ is something you raise in order to move on to the next ‘event’. The more ‘flags’ your raise, the more ‘events’ ensue, leading you closer to the ‘ending’. Do you understand?”

 

            “No.”

 

            Not wanting to say it out loud, she whispers it in his ear, and as he listened, his face started to turn red the more he understood.

 

            “Wait! You’re saying that... if I keep talking to her like this she’ll eventually... f-fall in love with me... which may or may not lead to vigorous copulation?”

 

            She nods.

 

            “Which is why you have to think about what you’re saying before you say them or else... Hey! Where are you going!”

 

            He rushes back into the storage area where Maise was cleaning up after the food.

 

            “Solis? Do want any more-“

 

            “I’m very sorry, but I’m not ready for a relationship so quickly!”

 

            “Eh?”

 

            Hearing this, Mea makes another face-palm and thinks to herself: “Kono baka-yaro!

 

            “I apologize for inadvertently raising your flag and causing a misunderstanding! I didn’t think you were going to fall in love with me so quickly, but I didn’t mean to hurt you or anything, so please forgive me for making you think I was in love with you! The truth is, I’m actually in love with Eve!”

 

            Wow. This guy rejected a girl and confessed to another girl at the same time. Unbelievable.

 

            “I... don’t know what to say”, Maise vaguely answers with a confused expression.

 

            Mea re-enters the scene and tries to drag out Solis.

 

            “I think I gave you the wrong idea so why don’t we-“

 

            “Y-You were listening to my apology?”

 

            “Yeah, why?”

 

            “Oh, God...” He burns with embarrassment. “...I just realized what I said...”

 

            And, our main character passes out again like [2] Wilson eating redcaps.

 

            Great. Now they have to carry him back inside.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            1:31 R.W.T.

 

            Elias noticed the clouds gathering around his ship from the visor on the cockpit. Knowing that the ship, given its current condition, won’t make it through the storm, he exits the cockpit and decides to give his passengers a forewarning.

 

            They were all sleeping, though, and he couldn’t bring himself to wake them up, especially after seeing Therese’s cute expression in her sleep.

 

            “At least she doesn’t act obnoxious while she’s asleep”, he tells himself while going back to his station.

 

            What are you? Her boyfriend?

 

            “What’s up Eli? Are you so worked-up on those hot girls in your ship that you couldn’t sleep?”

 

            “No, I’m worked-up because we are slowly losing altitude.”

 

            “What?” She gets up and checks the meter on the control panel. “Are we going to crash?”

 

            “Probably, but I’ll make the landing as soft as possible.” He pulls another lever.

 

            “Should I wake them up?”

 

            “No, they might start panicking again. Just keep an eye on them, will you?”

 

            “Sure thing, brother.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            About an hour later, he successfully lands the ship between some trees without alerting his guests. It’s only a half an hour until the third hour of the new day, which is 2:30 R.W.T. if you’re an idiot who can’t comprehend properly, and the dark night of the forest outside his ship and the light tapping of rain drops on the ship’s roof made his eyes hazy until he fell half asleep exhausted in his seat.

 

            As he was slowly submerged in a shallow slumber, he couldn’t help but be reminded of the time when he finished the ship.

 

            Because the Alkalde of Quinholm recognized his talents, he was given a small underground area where he could spend his time with experiments and research. The first thing that came to his mind was to design an aerial vessel that can be managed by a single pilot. He spent three years of his life under the impression of being able to make it fly, but he couldn’t.

 

            The materials necessary for the ship to work weren’t available and his frugality on the scraps he gathered wasn’t enough to compensate the flaws in the design. He ended up with a sketchy ship, much like [3] Itward’s, that lacked renewable sources of power because of the many sub-mechanics that enabled it to be piloted by one person.

 

            Now that he’s realized the dream of piloting a ship of his own, he has no idea about what he’s going to do next.

 

            There’s no damn way he’d want to go back to Quinholm so his first choice was to head east and live in one of the provinces in Draconia with his sister until the Demonic Plague blows over. Another choice would be to go to Berial Magus and offer his services as an engineer and Macromage, but he wasn’t entirely sure if he wanted to use his skills anymore. His last option would be to join the war and fight valiantly against the Demons and hope he’s lucky enough to survive.

 

            Something was bothering him, however. It felt like someone was staring at him in his sleep. He slowly opened his eyes and-

 

            “Hi there.”

 

            Therese greeted him while he was incined on his seat. And look, she’s got Credo’s Gunblade in her hand for some reason.

 

            “Hello. Get the f*ck out of here.”

 

            “So why’d you land the ship?”, she asks, ignoring his demand.

 

            “Get the f*ck out of here.”

 

            “I see. So it’s because of the rain, huh.”

 

            “Get the f*ck out of here.”

 

            “You’re right. I guess this ship can’t handle that much wind pressure.”

 

            “This conversation isn’t making any sense so I’m going to sleep now while you talk to yourself.”

 

            Elias slumps back into his chair and shuts his eyes.

 

            “Hey, what’s this?”

 

            Therese sees something bright glowing within the closed drawers underneath the panels. She drops Credo’s weapon and pulls the drawer open, and inside she finds a blue glowing rock carved in the shape of a flower with large petals.

 

            “Isn’t this a-“

 

            [2] Glommer’s Rock”, he finishes her sentence, his eyes still closed. “It’s glowing because-“

 

            “The moon is full?”

 

            “Yeah, how’d you know?” He opens his eyes and gets up from his seat.

 

            “My mother was a scientist. She kind of led me to study things too.”

 

            “Fascinating”, he says with a sarcastic tone. “Now then, get the f*ck out of here.”

 

            “But I need your help”, she retorts while returning the rock.

 

            “With what?”

 

            “With this.”

 

            She pulls up the Gunblde, pointing it at his face and pulling the trigger, but Elias didn’t flinch one bit. He actually knew the weapon was broken when he first saw it.

 

            “Wow. That soulless look of yours is really unsettling”, she remarks.

 

            “Only because you’re here.”

 

            “Okay... Anyway, can you fix this?”

 

            “Fine, let me see.”

 

            She hands it over to him. Elias examined the weapon at first, and when he saw that there was a problem with the trigger, he immediately disassembled the Gunblade and recalibrated some parts... and then he...

 

            I don’t know how the hell to describe what he’s doing so let’s just say he fixed it.

 

            “There, done.” He gives it back.

 

            “That was quick!”

 

            “I helped you already, so get the f*ck out of here.”

 

            “But how do I know if it works?”

 

            “Why don’t you test it?”

 

            Therese jokingly points it at his face again, but this time he holds the blade with his hand to block it, causing blood to drip from his hand.

 

            “Whoa, I was just joking!” She gets the weapon out of his way.

 

            “Ah... crap.” Elias notices his bleeding palm. “That wasn’t a very good joke, Therese.”

 

            Guilty and nervous, she impulsively grabs the Glommer’s Rock from the drawer places it on his hand. Using her mana, she breaks the rock in half, pouring out the blue liquid inside which instantly closes off the wound on Elias’ hand.

 

            “There, that should do it”, she says, feeling relieved. “You should be fine now, Elias.”

 

            But when he saw him, he looked utterly pissed off.

 

            “You do realize that my whole arm isn’t entirely made of flesh, don’t you?”

 

            “Um... Wait, did I just-“

 

            “Waste the only means of healing I have if I ever get mortally wounded? Yes. Yes you did.”

 

            “...”

 

            “What do you have to say for yourself?”

 

            [4] Teehee~pero~

 

            “GET THE F*CK OUT OF HERE!”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            2:42 R.W.T.

 

            “GET THE F*CK OUT OF HERE!”

 

            The sound of Elias’ shouting woke up Credo. Luckily, unlike most of them, he didn’t hit his head on the seat behind him. He apparently landed his face on something soft. He didn’t exactly know what it was so he probed it with his hands.

 

            Ahn!~

 

            If you’ve been reading since chapter one, you probably already know what this is, dear reader.

 

            Otherwise, let me spell it out of you:

 

            Credo is touching someone’s breasts!

 

            That lewd sound he just heard made him perk up and look at who it was.

 

            “Credo?”

 

            “Lanette?”

 

            It’s his maid. He still had his hands on her, but then he saw Therese coming out of the cockpit, looking at him with her eyes looking interested at what’s going on.

 

            “It was an accident!” He puts his hands in his pockets. “I swear, I woke up like this!”

 

            Therese mocks him with a smirk and a vaguely sarcastic tone. “Sure... You woke up like that...”

 

            “But I did!”

 

            “Yeah-yeah... I believe you. Even though you already have a girlfriend, her breast size isn’t really satisfying to you, is it?”

 

            “What? I thought you said you didn’t have a girlfriend.” Lanette reacts.

 

            “It was only until recently, okay. I was meaning to tell you.”

 

            “Ah, but you didn’t because you didn’t want to break your Harem King status, didn’t you?”, Therese continues.

 

            “I am not a Harem King!”

 

            “Yes you are! You just don’t want to admit it, but I see it in your eyes!” Therese adjusts her glasses. “You, dear boy, have the potential to pleasure any woman you see fit!”

 

            “Yes, I know a lot of women are into me but I’ve never taken advantage of any of them!”

 

            “Never taken advantage of them? You just casually groped that girl’s cups, you big-breast-loving Harem King!”

 

            “What are you talking about? I love small breasts!”

 

            Well, there it is! Now the truth has been told!

 

            “Credo... You like small breasts?”, Mea asks, waking up after his confession.

 

            As a matter of fact, everyone’s woken up, including Anna.

 

            “Why is this happening to me...”

 

            “Credo”, Therese speaks up.

 

            “What? Hey, is that my sword-“

 

            “I didn’t think you were the type of person to be like this... But with what you just said... I am truly moved by your proclamation! You truly are worthy of being a man!”

 

            “Credo, what is she talking about?”, Anna asks.

 

            “Anna, please don’t make this any more confusing as it already is.”

 

            “But you said something about small breasts earlier!”

 

            “Um...”

 

            “Anna”, Therese intervenes. “You’re lucky to have boyfriend like him.”

 

            “What are you talking about?”, Anna interjects.

 

            “You’re breast size!” Therese points at Anna’s chest. “Not only is it in synergy with your body type and your attitude, but your breast are the smallest as they come!”

 

            “Agreed!” Mea stands up. “My whole life, I have never seen such small breasts! But I know now why she fondled mine when we were riding that carriage!”

 

            “This girl possesses the rarest cup size of all!”

 

            ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

                    “”The Triple A Cup!””

 

            ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

            “Triple A Cup?”, Solis wonders. I don’t think he understands what they’re saying.

 

            “What’s a Triple A Cup?” Sierra asks as well, not knowing what it means.

 

            Elias suddenly emerges from the cockpit with a sinister look on his face.

 

            “Did you guys know...”, he starts. “It’s really rude to wake up someone who allowed you to stay in his transport ship for more than the time agreed upon.”

 

            “It’s still pretty late. You guys wanna go back to sleep?”, Credo suggests.

 

            And then everyone agreed to go back to sleep.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Quoted by Jake from Adventure Time

2.  The names Wilson and Glommer refer to the character from the game 'Don't Starve' by Klei Entertainment

3. Itward is a character from 'Fran Bow' by Killmonday Games

4.




© 2016 Oran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

“Kono baka-ero!”.......is it a pun? Bakayaro turned into baka-ero?
馬鹿野郎 turned into バカエロ
chouce =typo

And then everyone agreed to go back to sleep.

......well, that was anticlimactic


Posted 8 Years Ago


Oran

8 Years Ago

Fixed it. Wasn't a pun, it's really a typo.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Added on February 1, 2016
Last Updated on May 16, 2016

Equilibrium


Author

Oran
Oran

Somewhere in the Philippines, My house, Philippines



About
I write stuff. - -Stop scrolling! You'll get lewd if you keep scrolling! Are you sure you want to keep on reading this? Okay, if you insist on knowing, I am from the deep and disgusti.. more..

Writing
Steel is Yielding Steel is Yielding

A Story by Oran


Afterglow Afterglow

A Story by Oran


lwo3ynq5f lwo3ynq5f

A Story by Oran