CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

A Chapter by Gen Escarda

Saturday and I decide to go visit my hide-out. Just for some time alone; book in my hands, sipping chilled vodka… when Mr. Perry messaged me.

            Perry the Platypus: Hi.

            Me: Where’s my gift. Remember I requested you a unicorn stuffy before.

Perry the Platypus: I have it here. Too bad I don’t know how I will give you this so… I’ll just give this to my little cousin. :D

            Me: Ugh. Never mind.

            Perry the Platypus: Ok then. :D

It’s like, talking with Mr. Perry became a daily routine to me. That I just wanted to finish all my school stuffs just to be online and talk to him. I mean, this is so unusual! Unusual like, he’s always the one I’m venting out with, the late night talks… I mean he seems so immature but he’s the kind of guy that if you will spend a day with, it will be worth it.

            Me: So how are you?

            Perry the Platypus: Good. You?

            Me: Same. I’m at my secret hide-out.

            Perry the Platypus: I guess that’s not a secret anymore?

            Me: oops, but oh well.

            Me: BTW you’re here in Spain too right?

            Perry the Platypus: Yeah. Why?

            Me: Can I have your number please?

            Perry the Platypus: What number?

            Me: cellphone number

            Perry the Platypus: cell?

            Me: mobile number?

            Perry the Platypus: what mobile?

            Me: I mean, phone number?

            Perry the Platypus: what phone

            Me: STOP TROLLING

            Perry the Platypus: What trolling

            Me: damn it! just give me your phone, cellphone, mobile phone number!

            Perry the Platypus: I’m just kidding, I don’t have phone yet.

            Me: I don’t believe you, you’re more than weeks here.

            Perry the Platypus: believe me.

            Me: just text me, here 696 241 127. So you won’t have reasons to not text me. I have to go now because I’ll go to the Spain Embassy for my passport so yeah. Bye, take care. Text me kk.

            Perry the Platypus: I WON’T. NO.

I spent half of my day at my hide-out and after lunch, my mom and I went to the embassy for my passport. When we got there, everything didn’t go well as what we were expecting. They asked for my like this, and asked for my like that. Until my mom and I got tired and we just decided to go home and planned that we’ll just go again to the embassy the next time. WITH ALL THE REQUIREMENTS THEY WANT.

We’re home. I speed up my room, flipped my converse away, removed my shirt, then my pants, and jumped to bed with my phone. Mind you, Mr. Perry never texted me that day. And he’s online!

            Me: Why didn’t you text me

            Perry the Platypus: I don’t want to.

            Me: Please?

            Perry the Platypus: NO.

            Me: Ok. I’ll sleep now. Tired. Night.

            Perry the Platypus: yeah night.

Sometime’s this guy is so cold. I mean, what’s wrong with him? Like in this situation, girls would be expecting for a guy to be like, “Hey are you mad?” but in his case, he’s never like that.

            Perry the Platypus: Oh, I have a surprise for you tomorrow. Yeah. Good night.

            Me: what is it?

            Perry the Platypus: I said it’s a surprise. SLEEP

Ok that’s it. He’s being a boss. I went off then sleep.

The next day was not that kind of great for me. Report card issuance was never a great part of every student’s life. I almost failed in our college algebra. I couldn’t believe it. I failed math. I failed the expectation of my mom. I didn’t hide this to her, right after I saw it I texted her that I almost failed, that I really got a low grade. She said I should make everything good and make ways to pull my grade up for the next grading. Thanks mom, I’m not grounded. But still, I felt like crying. I felt so embarrassed. Like seriously, what happened to me? Then my phone vibrated. Someone texted me, “Hi”… no namer so nah, maybe it’s just one of those who fool around and pick random phone numbers and text it, sometimes they even call it. OH WAIT. It took a minute before I realize I gave my number to Mr. Perry.

So I replied:

 Is this your surprise?

The number replied:

            yeah. not that kind of a big. what r u expecting?

I replied:

No. OMG! I was totally clueless. I thought nothing good will happen to me today. Thank god you’re here.

Him:

            y? what happened?

Me:

            I almost failed math. I really got a low grade.

Him:

            cheer up and do ur best next time. J

Is this real? He’s being a nice guy huh? I thought he’ll laugh at me just because I failed math. But he didn’t and cheered me up instead. I slipped though when I said “thank god you’re here”, good thing he didn’t point it out. But yeah, he really does make me feel better.

I replied:

            Yes I really will. Thanks. J

            By the way, I still don’t know your name? Maybe you can tell me now?

Him:

            i’m Jacey. yeah, Jacey.

Me:

            Nice name, hi then Jacey. J

Him:

            hi Paris.

Me:

            Hello. lol

And then he didn’t reply anymore. Was he just speechless? Or He just couldn’t take the awkwardness? Or I don’t know.



© 2014 Gen Escarda


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on March 27, 2014
Last Updated on March 27, 2014
Tags: teenage love story, social networking, romace, comedy


Author

Gen Escarda
Gen Escarda

Bulacan, NCR, Philippines



About
I'm 17. Living in the other side of the world. I'm a fan of a lot of things, music, books, bands, tv shows and movies.. even food. And I've been into writing back when i was still in grade school but .. more..

Writing
Saudade Saudade

A Poem by Gen Escarda


CHAPTER ONE CHAPTER ONE

A Chapter by Gen Escarda


CHAPTER TWO CHAPTER TWO

A Chapter by Gen Escarda