CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

A Chapter by Gen Escarda

            “Where and how did you meet that Dane guy? He has lovely gray eyes by the way.” Mom said as we both have our breakfast. “Where Frances? How? I thought you never liked guys.”

            “Mom. Wait, can you please let me swallow this cereal first?!” I said and mumbled, “Christ.”

            “Okay then, I’m just excited. Like I said last night, I’m happy to see you growing.” She smiled, “Why don’t you ask Dane to have dinner with us tonight?”

            I choked, “No, Don’t.”

            “Why? I want to know him.”

            “Mom, we barely know each other yet.”

            “But you asked him to take you somewhere in the middle of the night? It means, you trust him.”

            I just stared at my bowl of cereal, “Okay then. I’ll call him later after class.”

            “Great! Now tell me where’d you meet him and how?”

Then there started my story telling about meeting Dane; the time when Empress asked my mom’s permission to have a sleep over at their house… that it was all just a lie. That Empress took me at the Party Place instead. That I saw Dane and when he saw me he came close… and so on. Mom just smiled and reminded me to call Dane for dinner tonight.

I prepared for school. And after 45 minutes, I went off. This time, I drove myself to school. Mind you, I got my license already. YEHEY! I was driving in a speed of 40, thinking about something. About everything. And I realize since then, Jacey’s still not texting me. But he said he wouldn’t leave yet, and I trust that; though he’s forcing himself to stay again. I mean, if he really wanted to leave, he’ll leave even if I stop him right? But every time I stop him, he stays. What’s making him stay? So I’m having my conclusion: He’s somehow feeling the same with me. Maybe he likes me too. I tried texting him while I was driving and no response, I thought maybe he was still sleeping. But it reached my lunch break and still, no reply. Maybe he’s busy.

            Lunch break. Empress and I went to our usual table, “Girl, Chad’s went back to their home.” I laughed, “why? Because he’s just not comfortable.” We both laughed.

            “He’s such a gay. But at least! I can visit there again!”

            “Yeah.” And then there was silence

            “Sooooo how’s you and Dane? Did you meet him last Friday at the PP?”

            “Uhm… we didn’t meet at the Party Place ok.”

            “WHAT” She said in disappointment.

            “Because we went to the city at the middle of the night just to eat.”

            Her eyes sparkled in happiness and asked me, in detail, what happened. And I did. Even what mom said, that she’s glad to see me growing up and it’s okay for her if I’ll date him.

            “Wow, that’s nice! You got a permission now France! Why I really love your mom.” I just smiled as a reply, should I tell her about Jacey?

Then she added, “So, what do you think about him now?”

“Uhm… fine?”

“Oh c’mon Frances Blaire, I know you’re hiding something, HA HA HA..” That fake laugh

“What then?”

“You like him.”

“I don’t want to make a conclusion yet, let’s see. Let’s try.” I winked.

She patted my head, “I’m glad to see you growing up my baby Frances.” She said as she mimicked mom’s voice.

I still couldn’t tell Empress about Jacey, I don’t know. I just feel so lost at this moment. Dane or Jacey? Jacey or Dane? Why I never wanted to enter this thing, it might ruin my whole life with heartbreaks. The rest of the day I spent staring at our classroom’s wall clock, trying to entertain myself with the beat of its ticking. I was never bored in class like this. There’s a lot in my head that I couldn’t concentrate. Damn. Damn. Damn. I wanted to cut class but no. Damn. I couldn’t. At last the bell rang- dismissals. I called for Dane while I was on my way to my locker, few rings and he picked it up.

            “Hey…” I said as I pile my books.

            “Hi Frances, what’s up.”

            “Uhm, nothing much. By the way, are you busy?”

            “Kinda, why? Did something happen?”

            “Oh okay then. Because my mom’s told me to invite you this dinner at home, but if you’re busy my mom and I won’t----”

            “AREYOUSERIOUS?!” there he goes again, with his sentences with no spaces, pauses, full with excitement and happiness. “Of course yes!”

            I chuckled, “Yeah. Okay, see you later by 7pm.” He said sure, I closed my locker and I went home.

            Someone appeared at my back again, “SEE YOU LATER BY 7PM HUH.”

            “Hey Empress, been listening there for how long?” I rolled my eyes.

            “Uhm, even before you called Dane’s cell?” then she elbowed me at my side with a wink. “What’s happening, like really. WHAT’S HAPPENING?”

            “My mom just asked me to invite him for dinner tonight, that’s it.”

            “That’s a good shot for him.” She still maniacally smiles at me.

            “Don’t stare at me like that!” I laughed, “Believe me, that’s just it.” Then I started to walk my way out at the hallway

            “But what if, think of this…” She followed, “What if, that dinner took so long that it’s almost late and your mom told Dane to spend his night there instead? I mean, it’s dangerous outside…” the smile on her face was inexplicable.

            I stopped and faced her, “That’s not gonna happen, first; he has a car. Second; he’s a guy and he can definitely defend himself to those bad guys. Okay?”

            “It’s just a what if, everything is still possible to happen.” She giggled.

We separated ways since she has a car and a driver to pick her up and me, I have to drive myself home. I checked my phone again just as I hopped in, no text from Jacey. Just from Dane:

Should I wear something like a suit and tie? Haha

I replied: Jeans and Shirt will do. :--)

Then I drove off the road. I’m feeling guilty, I’m letting Dane treat me like this, I’m letting him feel like this; When in fact I like someone else. Dane’s a nice guy I admit, and my conscience won’t be able to take it when I hurt him.

I arrived home before 6PM, I took my half bath and wore my pizza pajamas. I went to the kitchen to check out for mom and she’s preparing her masterpiece---grilled baby back ribs, chicken enchilada, mashed potato and Apple Pie. I requested for some Caesar salad. And pizza.

            “What are you wearing? You should dress nice?” She said as she examined me with her eyes from my head to toe and from toe to up, and with her both hands on her hips.

            “What’s wrong. I’ll sleep after this dinner anyways.” My mom just smiled and get back on her work, “Still immature.” I rolled my eyes and poked the sauce and my index went straight to my mouth.

            “Frances Blaire, where’s your manner. You’re boyfriend’s going to be here in a minute and---”

            “HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!” I said with conviction, she just laughed.          

Mom left the kitchen after everything was set at the table. She went to her room to pamper a bit and she stepped out with a black flowy dress with her favourite pearl earrings and necklace.

            “Seriously Mom, are you going to a date?”

            “First impression lasts.”

            “Mom, what do you think about his impression when he saw you in your pajamas, with witch-like hair, with----” people sure love to cut me off.

            “Why did you even remind me that.” She rolled her eyes with a laugh.

Then we heard a car engine which stopped in front of our house. It’s definitely Dane. I grabbed for the door and there he was, standing beside his car; with his nice gray eyes, perfectly done hair, and charming smile. He was just casually dressed; a white v-neck shirt and not-so-tight jeans. I could see his sexy body under those clothes. He’s hot. I SWEAR! I feel so lucky at the moment and I never thought of Jacey.

            “Hi..” He said, I got startled, he was already in front of me, how did that happen? I looked down to myself and I felt embarrassed because of my pizza pajamas and rabbit slippers.

            “Uhm Hi… come in!” then I led him at the dining area.

            “You’re so cute with those.” I stopped and looked at him, I smiled, still feeling embarrassed, and we continued to walk through the dining table, with my mom smiling at me. At him. At us.



© 2014 Gen Escarda


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on March 27, 2014
Last Updated on March 27, 2014
Tags: teenage love story, social networking, romace, comedy


Author

Gen Escarda
Gen Escarda

Bulacan, NCR, Philippines



About
I'm 17. Living in the other side of the world. I'm a fan of a lot of things, music, books, bands, tv shows and movies.. even food. And I've been into writing back when i was still in grade school but .. more..

Writing
Saudade Saudade

A Poem by Gen Escarda


CHAPTER ONE CHAPTER ONE

A Chapter by Gen Escarda


CHAPTER TWO CHAPTER TWO

A Chapter by Gen Escarda