CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

A Chapter by Gen Escarda

I was having a really great sleep, because classes were suspended for some reasons, and I didn’t bother to know what. I’m just glad I can finish my stuffs for the whole Wednesday, but then my sleep got interrupted by my mom talking and laughing so loud with some people downstairs. How I wish my room’s sound proof.

            “I’ll just wake Frances up.” I heard as Mom said it, I could visualize the smile in her voice.

            “Frances? Wake up honey, someone wants to see you.” She said as she knocks to my door.

            “Wants to see me? Who?” I said as I stood up and fix myself, still not opening my door.

            “Just go downstairs when you’re ready ok?” then she left. Who would want to see me this early morning? And it’s Wednesday. Most of my visitors come every weekend. OH MY GOD, JACEY? Nah, Impossible.  He never knew my address; he never bothered to ask for it.

I slowly walked down the stairs with my oversized pull over jacket.

            “Oh there you are sweetie, good morning!” Mom greeted me, she was from the kitchen with a tray of pastries and teas on her hand. “They’re at the living room.”

            “Morning, let me help you with the teas.” I said as I carry another tray for the teas. “Who’s exactly looking for me mom?” But she didn’t answer.

We’re heading now to the living room. No Jacey in sight. It gave me a relief and a bit of sadness at the same time.

            “Meet your cousin…”

            “COUSIN? WAIT. WHAT? WHY IS HE HERE?”

            “Why are you so shocked?” OMG CHAD DEIGNTON, CHAD WHO HAD SEX WITH MY BESTFRIEND IS MY COUSIN?! Please tell me I’m just having a nightmare.

            “Hi Frances.” He said, I couldn’t say anything; still in shocked.

            “I didn’t know we’re cousin until today mom. Why didn’t you ever tell me about this? I’ve been seeing him in school and I---” Yes! I managed to stop mouth.

            “I thought you knew?” She said, smiling; a teasing smile.

            “Why is he here then?”

            “You don’t want me here?” Chad said with a fake puppy eyes.

            “Seriously, why?”

            “He’s going live here, with us.”

            “Uhm, why?”

            “Because his mom, will go to South Korea for some business stuffs. She just left before you came down. Said she’s almost late for her flight.” She said as she transfers the teas and pastries from the tray to the table. “And his Dad is somewhere in Alabama so, there’s no one to be left with him. And my sister trusts me so much.”

OH MY LORD. Tell me this is so not happening. Me? and Chad? At the same roof? What if Empress knew about this? I could imagine her and Chad making out in my room or at the bathroom. This is just so… I don’t know anymore.

            “Ok then.” Was my only reply to them. I really didn’t know we’re cousins.

            “Uhm Chad, I guess you can occupy the guest room this way.” She showed Chad the way and we helped him carry his bags.  

Then we went back to the living area to have some tea.

            “So Chad, we have rules here ok?” she smiles at us both. “TV’s just until 10:30PM every Mondays-Thursdays and Sundays, unlimited TV every Fridays and Saturdays.” He nodded and said sure.

            “Don’t enter my room, forever.” I added. “And oh, if you need to talk to me, just knock and wait for me somewhere downstairs. Clear?”

            “Yes Madam.” He said, grinning.

            “And I’m gonna go up my room now, thanks for this awesome breakfast mom.” I said.

            “You sure you had enough?”

            “Yeah mom, I’ll just go down again whenever I’m hungry. Thanks.” Then I went up while they continue their talk.

And again, I never thought he’s my cousin, of all the people, why him. As I closed the door, I jumped to my bed and grabbed my phone from the table-with-a-lampshade beside my bed.

            Jacey are you up ady?

Him: Yeah, gdmorning.

Me: Good Morning. I’m gonna tell you something.

Him: Fire away.

Me: Remember my bestfriend?

Him: uhh, the one who had sex w/ someone at the locker area?

Me: EXACTLY. What a great memory you have there.

Him: so what about her?

Me: Not about her, but about HIM.

Him: what about him then?

Me: He’s going to live with us. Idk if until when, and worst… he’s my cousin.

Him: HAHAHA! U USED TO STALK HIM RIGHT?

Me: CAN U NOT UGH.

Him: NICE. HAHA!

Me: You’re so mean.

Him: thanks. :D

Me: Meh. You think I should tell Empress about this? Or just let her know about this herself?

Him: tell her?

Me: Why?

Him: idk, hahaha :D

Me: (-__________-)

Then I heard someone knocked. “What?” I answered loud enough, it’s my mom.

            “Empress is on the phone.” She said then I heard her go down the stairs.

Me: Empress is calling. Wait.

            I went down, no Chad in sight. A sigh of relief. I picked up the phone.

            “Hey. Why call this early? Missed me?” she laughed

            “I’m thinking of coming over there right now, because I have a long test for science tomorrow and you know how much I suck in that. I need you to help me. Please?”

            “Oh. Like, today?”

            “Yeah? I wish? Why are you busy?”

            “No I’m not. S-sure.” I just couldn’t say no to her.

            “Thanks! I’ll be there in 15 minutes!”

I ran to the guest room and held my ear closer to the door, all I could here was a loud Pierce the Veil music; Bulletproof Love was on track. I love it! I love the band as well. I’m hoping he’ll enjoy the music instead of roaming around the house. I then ran to the garden, mom’s always there every morning; taking care of her flowers. She loves gardening so much.

            “What’s with that face? Like you’ve seen a ghost.” She said as she waters her tulips.

            “I do? Uhm no, im fine. I just want to tell you that Empress is coming over until tomorrow, tutor.”

            “Oh that’s fine. I can imagine you three eating for breakfast and going to school. Lovely! ” I could see her excitement. Cute. Oh My God, us three? For school?

I decided that I’ll call her again and will tell her I don’t feel well. But just as I was about to enter the door, someone shouted, “FRANCES BLAIR”. Oh snap, too late. She’s here. I had a quick glance from the inside of the house to see if Chad’s around; fortunately, no Chad.

            “Hi Auntie! Good Morning!” She said as she pecked mom’s both cheeks.

            “Good morning honey, there’s some teas and pastries at the kitchen. Just get some ok? You girls need good food while studying.” She smiles at us both, leading us inside the house; specifically, to the kitchen. We grabbed trays and I held the teas, Empress for the pastries.

            While going up the stairs, “Frances, what’s that loud music?” as she continues to eat while walking.

            “Loud music? That’s not that loud? Maybe from the neighbour?” That gave me an idea, “I don’t think we’ll be able to study with that rock music.”

            She thinks for a while, “I’m good.” OH FAIL.

We entered the room, locked the door in case of intruders. She spread her books at my study table, and right away we started the review.

            Out of the blue she said, “You’re acting weird today. I know you’re weird, but weirder than usual?”

            “Ah, really? I don’t know. Just focus answering my questionnaires. I hope that will really be a big help.”

And so she did, I checked my phone while she’s answering. Jacey replied.

            y did she call?

Me: She’s asking for a tutor. And yeah she’s here.

Him: did Chad see her yet?

Me: Nope. Not yet. She’s gonna stay here for the whole night.

Him: oh…

Me: ikr.

Him: “ikr’?

Me: “I know right” haha caveman.

Him: pft.

Me: Tyl, because tutor.

Him: ok

            After 3 hours of tutoring about science, it’s almost lunch. Oh dear. I’m starting to panic again; they would definitely get shocked when they see each other at the table. Empress easily gets attached, and even if she denies it, I know she loves Chad.

            “Table is ready girls!” Mom said as she knocked, we followed right away. Mom hates making the food wait.

As we were heading to the table, I just noticed 3 sets of plates. Where’s he?

            “Your cousin said he has a training today, he left 2 hours earlier. Let’s pray first.” Mom led the prayer then we started to eat. She continued, “Said he’ll be home late.” I could feel myself smiling inside already because she didn’t mention his name.

            I nodded, “Oh.”

            “You have a cousin? I thought you’re cousins are in U.S.?” Empress said with a questioning face.

            “I thought so too.”  I said as I fork my pizza.

            “Stop forking your pizza, you won’t enjoy it!” Empress said and slightly tapped my hand.

            “Eat pasta dear, aren’t you sick of pizza? Like every day we have pizza on the table.” Mom said

            “Nope, I will never ever get sick of pizza. Pizza’s pleasure is greater than having a boyfriend.” They almost choked then laughed.

Ever since I was a kid I told mom that I like pizza on every meal. Mom agreed but not every breakfast. We once visit every restaurant in Italy just for their pizza; I asked that for my 7th birthday. Pizza fanatic.

            Empress interrupted me with a question, “France, what if there’s a zombie apocalypse? What will you do?”

            Without thinking I said, “Eat all the pizza that I can, even if it’s not remarkable to be done at least I’ll die happy.”

We continued talking, laughing, sharing stories, facts and hilarious jokes. Why I love Empress to be here. We finished after an hour and a half. We helped mom in the table and said she’s the one going to wash the dishes, we said okay then we went up to continue the review. I’m really happy, Chad’s not here.

            “Recite to me the process of blood cloth.” I said

            “Okay.  There are two pathways-the intrinsic system and the extrinsic system and there are 12 steps in the pathway for a blood clot to form. First, you get a cut and then you have RBC, platelets and clotting factors floating around. Then blood cells and fluid escape the wound, exposed collagen fibers start the clotting process. Uhm, Exposed platelets start to adhere to the wound area and release chemicals that attract more platelets. Platelet plug stops external bleeding. The clotting factor increases and causes fibrin to attach and block the wound like a band-aid would. Then the wound heals and the clotting fibrin and platelets dissolve after it has been sealed?

            “Very good.” I clapped, “that’s the last topic right? We got to review everything right? Or did we miss anything?”

            “Nope, everything’s covered! We’re so productive!”

            “Yes of course, because if you’ll just talk gossips with me, I’d kick you out of here.” Then we lie down the bed for our backs to be relaxed.

            “Sooooooo, how’s Dane?” she asked

            I answered with eyes closed, I got tired. “Dane’s Dane. Why are you asking me that, you both are always together at the PP, right.”

            “But he said he likes you right? Are you both in good terms?” she said with a grin.

            “He said that?”

            “You don’t know?”

            “Obviously.” That made me thought deep, maybe he was about to tell me, that’s why he was asking me on Friday, before Empress screwed up his entire plan.

            “Oh I guess I made a wrong move for telling you that. Don’t mention anything to him yet, please. I’m gonna be doomed.”

            “Sure.”

We played music for additional relaxation, I played the Austin Mahone album she gave me and we sang along.

Mom knocked again, calling us for dinner. I wonder if Chad’s home? Same thing as what I did earlier, I checked for the plates; 4 sets of plates. Oh no. But Still, no Chad in sight.

            “We can’t wait for him, it’s almost 8:30 and that’s not our dinner time. We should eat now.” Mom said and so we did.

Same thing happened. Empress entertained us with her being bubbly; her endless stories and corny jokes. We finished, we cleaned the dining table and with mom for the dishes. We went up my room, with my music still playing, Empress was ahead of me. She have entered my room when I look back, Chad’s home. My eyes widened. I saw Empress peaked from my room, calling for me. I ran up and close the door then locked it. I sighed of relief again.

I had my shower, while waiting for her turn to the shower, Empress scanned her notes again for final review. When we’re both done, I turned off the music then we slept at my bed. She’s like a sister to me.

6:30 in the morning when we woke up. We went down for breakfast and as usual, I checked for Chad.

            “He said he’ll have a game today and he just left 30 minutes earlier.” She said, without me asking. “Good morning girls!” she said as she walked towards us with a plate of waffles and chocolate milk.

            “WOW waffles! I love waffles! This is so nice mom, thanks!” I kissed her on her cheeks. And now, she’s looking weird at me. “Happy much?” we all laughed.

I just got so happy because I survived that situation, Empress and Chad won’t see each other. Thank God. 



© 2014 Gen Escarda


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on March 27, 2014
Last Updated on March 27, 2014
Tags: teenage love story, social networking, romace, comedy


Author

Gen Escarda
Gen Escarda

Bulacan, NCR, Philippines



About
I'm 17. Living in the other side of the world. I'm a fan of a lot of things, music, books, bands, tv shows and movies.. even food. And I've been into writing back when i was still in grade school but .. more..

Writing
Saudade Saudade

A Poem by Gen Escarda


CHAPTER ONE CHAPTER ONE

A Chapter by Gen Escarda


CHAPTER TWO CHAPTER TWO

A Chapter by Gen Escarda