CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

A Chapter by Gen Escarda

The dramatic and boring week had passed! Dane’s home from their family reunion and the day has come! It’s the 28th of March! Dane and I went to the Party Place to set everything up. Empress, of course came with us.

            “You know, I’m so happy that you two ended up together! Can you even feel the happy aura here because of you two?” Empress said as she moved the couches at the side. I swept the floor and Dane dragged the tables on their places. Dane and I just smiled on what she said.

            “I wish I can have a happy relationship like you guys.” She continued.

            “Stick to one next time.” I said and we laughed.

We cleaned and fixed the whole place, even the back part because for sure it’s going to be occupied. I invited my friends, Dane invited his, and God know how many friends Empress has invited. I haven’t had a great look of the whole place until that day and I realized it has a pool, unused pool and the farther side.

            “Aren’t you using the pool?” I asked Dane.

            “Not much because water is really an expense.”

            “Can we use it tonight?”

            “Sure! I don’t mind, in fact it hasn’t been used for 3 months now I guess.” He smiled at me and pinched my cheek. Then he went somewhere to get a hose which was connected to their water tank. He let the water fill the pool.

            “Tonight’s party is going to be rad!” Empress said in excitement.

Just as we finished fixing the whole place, there were deliverers who entered from the front door carrying foods. There were really a lot of foods that they can occupy all tables from inside to out. And viola! Everything was set as what we wanted it to be.

7PM strike and visitors started to arrive. W exchanges HIs and hellos and Heys. I met a lot of people that night. I made a lot of friends. And I love the feeling of having a lot of friends! Wow!

Emma, one of my friends from the internet came and I was so glad to see her face to face. She’s really pretty! And she also brought a lot of friends, a lot of our friends, who all we met online.

            “Hi Frances! I’m sorry if I brought too many visitors with me.” She said

            “No, it’s totally fine! We shouldn’t have put it in the, quote and quote, invitation if it’s not.” Then we laughed. She introduced me her friends. “So Frances, meet Sandy, Nathan, Victor, Thalia, Vanessa…” I said Hi even if I didn’t remember all their names.

Then she continued… “Also, This is Andy and he is Jacey…”

I stopped. She stopped. The world stopped.

We eyed each other. Even if I wanted to take away my eyes on him, I couldn’t. I didn’t know what to feel. Wait, what if he’s not the Jacey that I know right? So I tried to say Hi to them and act as if nothing’s weird running in my head.

And the guy said, “Paris…”

“What are you saying Jacey? She’s Frances.” Emma said.

I couldn’t utter a word. I felt paralyzed. He IS the Jacey that I know. I found myself staring at him in the eye with my eyes teary. I tried to walk away but just as before I totally disappear in the thick crowd, Jacey held me in my wrist.

            “Can we talk? Please?” He said.

I knew this day would happen. I mean I didn’t expect him to be invited here but I knew that he’ll come back to me. Well if I’m assuming things right.

            “We don’t have anything to talk about.” I said, not facing him. I was looking for Dane, so he could save me in this situation.

            “I realize how much an a*****e I was. You didn’t gave up on me… you loved me even if I refuse to meet you face to face… you never left me until the day I told you so…” He said.

I was just shaking my head because of anger. I just wanted to physically hurt him.

            He continued, “you’re different to the girls I’ve met…”
            “Why? Because they dumped you? Lame a*s.” I said

            “Just… please come back to me. It’s never too late. Lesson learned. I’ll be…”

            He stopped when Dane came closer to us, “What’s happening here?”

The way Dane asked it, his voice was not angry or it was not even in a high tone. He’s asking as if he was concerned. Dane told us to relax and breathe so the three of us could talk. After cooling down, Dane dragged me in the corner of the room and asked me what’s happening, I told him everything. That the guy was Jacey, that he’s the guy I loved, and so on. He was just nodding all along, like a best friend listening to his best friend. I like how open-minded he is.

            “Okay so, was he the one who made you cry that night I called you?” I nodded.

            “Look, France, if you still love him… I won’t think twice to let you go… it’s not that I don’t love. I really do. In fact, what’s happening right now hurts me too. We should be having fun but…” he cut himself. I was just looking down all along.

            He continued, “France… just choose between us… I really love you that I could let you go for someone you truly love…” he was looking straight to my eyes, like he’s staring straight to my soul just like what I felt when I first saw him.

I started to cry and wished that these things shouldn’t have happened instead. There’s a bit of regret.

Jacey appeared from our back and said, “Choose between us. Now.” The pressure was getting heavier and heavier and it’s making me hard to breathe.

            “Jacey…” I finally said. His face lit up.

            I continued, “Jacey, you’re a complete a*****e. I’m so mad at you that I could kill you right now.”

He didn’t say a word. He walked away. Dane didn’t say a word. He’s just staring at me.

            “Dane, I will never let you go. Like what this party is all about right? We planned this for us… to tell everyone how lucky we are to have each other, right? baby?”

            “Baby.” he said and kissed me.

 

 

The party went well despite of what happened earlier. Empress didn’t even know what happened, she never knew about Jacey and as a best friend, I felt guilty. I’ll tell her some other time though. Because she seemed to be so busy with this new guy she met! And for the first time in eternity, they were not making out and they were just casually talking. While she was staring at the guy’s eyes she was talking to, I can see myself to her… like how I was staring at Dane’s eyes when we first met. I hope he’s Empress’ Mr. Right!

And for Jacey? All I can say is, Here lies my memories and feelings for you Jacey, Good bye. 

 



© 2014 Gen Escarda


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on March 27, 2014
Last Updated on March 27, 2014
Tags: teenage love story, social networking, romace, comedy


Author

Gen Escarda
Gen Escarda

Bulacan, NCR, Philippines



About
I'm 17. Living in the other side of the world. I'm a fan of a lot of things, music, books, bands, tv shows and movies.. even food. And I've been into writing back when i was still in grade school but .. more..

Writing
Saudade Saudade

A Poem by Gen Escarda


CHAPTER ONE CHAPTER ONE

A Chapter by Gen Escarda


CHAPTER TWO CHAPTER TWO

A Chapter by Gen Escarda