Prologue: One More Sin

Prologue: One More Sin

A Chapter by Trevor
"

Running for his life, he believes that his time to die has finally come...until he notices something in the sky, and the situation changes

"

            He crashed through the woods, stumbling over fallen branches as he desperately tried to outrun his pursuers.

            "Faster!" A voice called out in the darkness, "He's getting away!"

            "I see him!" Another cried out from the black of night surrounding the young man.

            The youth was out of breath and pained by the gash in his leg from the fence he had caught himself on earlier, but he would not stop.  He could not stop.  As long as anyone knew who he was...what he was, he could never stop.  The young man thought to himself that there must have been a time life wasn't like this.  There had to have been a time in his life he wasn't hunted down like a dog simply for being alive. 

            His legs burned, but he would not let them slow.  Slowing meant death.  The sounds of pursuit became louder and louder.  He tried to make his legs move faster, but to no avail.  He knew the chase wouldn’t last much longer.  A dead branch tangled his feet and sent him tumbling.  No! No! This can’t end here! He screamed inside his own head.  Throwing himself to his feet, he prepared to run again, but a loud crashing through the brush directly behind him made him stop.  He turned.  Two men stood in front of him now: his pursuers.  They had caught him.  There was no more running for him. 

The young man looked to the night sky, praying for some miracle.  All he saw were the gray clouds against a backdrop of black.  Tears welling up in his eyes, he knew that he deserved this.  The terrible things he had done were more than enough to warrant the execution these two men were about to carry out.  The clouds drifted across the sky, revealing the full moon, a great light against the black of the night. 

Snapping his head down to look at his pursuers, the young man knew what would happen next.  Death was going to rain down on this place.  He knew this, yet he wasn’t afraid.  The affects the moon had on his body were already starting.  The changes taking hold of him.  He knew death was coming, but it wouldn’t be his death.  The two men in front of him should never have followed him on the night of a full moon.  Tomorrow he would mourn their deaths and pray forgiveness of yet another sin committed.  Tonight…tonight he would survive.



© 2010 Trevor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First off, I'm a little wary of the way this is going because I've seen a lot of second-rate werewolf stories. But this doesn't sound like the 'werewolf going to high school' type, so you get brownie points for that. I also like the main character's voice, riddled with things like "Death was going to rain down on this place." Most certainly checking out the next chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow, great read!!!
I didnt pick up any mistakes...BUT maybe its cos I was immersed in the story!!
I'm not sure what it is about either, but the chase had me keep on reading and wanting moreeee!! Is the main guy a werewolf...? lol >.>
"The effects the moon had on his body were already starting"
//thats why I guessed he was a werewolf :D

well, after reading THAT chapter, who wouldnt want more??
continue to write the rest, I think this story has good potential :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think this is really really good. I am however a bit confused about what this is about. lol :) good write. keep it up. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

552 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 20, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010


Author

Trevor
Trevor

Aberdeen, SD



About
I closed my account 2 years ago. Haven't written a word since then. Guess I just figured it was about time to start again...so here's my "about me" 2 years from the last time I wrote this: 25 year.. more..

Writing
The Window The Window

A Story by Trevor


Sequel Sequel

A Poem by Trevor



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


PROLOGUE: Chained PROLOGUE: Chained

A Chapter by Brook