Chapter 70: Supreme Legacy

Chapter 70: Supreme Legacy

A Chapter by Shin

                        Hisana takes out her Altergun and readies herself.

            “You really do want to die; you know very well you can’t defeat me.” Xixis says.

            “You will fall today, not me.” Hisana says.

            “What a fool, so be it.” Xixis says.

                        Xixis using her thumb separates her longsword from the scabbard and waits for Hisana to act. Hisana slowly walks towards Xixis, Xixis only observing Hisana without moving a muscle. The wind blows sand around the wasteland they’re on.

            “You’re afraid of me aren’t you?” Xixis asks.

            “There’s a difference between being afraid and being careful.” Hisana replies.

            “You’re just wasting time; I’ll start if you won’t.” Xixis says.

                        Xixis in a flash unsheathes her longsword and attacks Hisana head on, Hisana only sees multiple flashes of light and blocks. Xixis and Hisana’s weapons clash against each other, but many slashes cuts Hisana around the sides of her body. Xixis looks at Hisana coldly and backs away swiftly making a diagonal slash, but many slashes come out of that single slash, Hisana barely blocks a few slashes and is cut by the rest. Hisana jumps over Xixis extending her Altergun’s blade even longer and making a vertical slash as she does a flip in midair. Xixis easily blocks, Hisana lands, Xixis looks at Hisana seriously, when unexpectedly many slashes appear on Hisana’s sides and all around Xixis, Xixis appearing immobile, but still causing such destruction around her.

            “Why aren’t you hitting me with all those slashes?” Hisana asks.

            “I just want you to see just how superior my swordsmanship really is next to yours and think about how you will taste a bitter swift death.” Xixis answers.

            “Why does someone with your great natural talent side with Gen-Exis?” Hisana asks.

            “Better to be by the devil’s side than in his path.” Xixis replies.

            “……” Hisana lowers her head.

                        The slashes still cutting the surrounding area, Hisana’s Spirit Force begins to surge slowly, then gradually increasing, the ground shaking, her blue aura surrounding the area, it begins to turn in a purple color, Hisana’s eyes also turning purple. Hisana looks at Xixis again, but this time sees Xixis making all those slashes at an inhuman velocity, her hand barely visible.

            “Huh? What happened to your eyes and energy?” Xixis asks.

            “…” Hisana charges in with her Altergun and begins to slash at a very high velocity, able to slightly counter all of Xixis slashes. Both moving their arms very quickly.

            “What? Just a second ago you couldn’t even see my slashes, and now you can counter them?” Xixis says amazed. “Is it something related to the color of your eyes and aura changing?”

            “You could say.” Hisana responds.

                        Xixis repels Hisana’s Altergun and barely slashes her right rib in a flash. Hisana jumps back, Xixis charging in with a set of slashes. Hisana barely blocks all of Xixis’s slashes and jumping making a back flip in midair, then raising her left hand and making many giant ice stalagmites under Xixis, Xixis evades the first few stalagmites and then easily slashing the rest of them into pieces. Xixis then in a flash jumps towards Hisana, both her faces meeting very closely, Xixis head-butts Hisana’s head. Hisana falls on the ground, Xixis falling down with her sword pointing down, Hisana rolls to the side and jumps back up, Xixis lands thrusting her sword in the ground, the ground cracks open, and from the crack a wave of Spirit Force rushes out, Hisana jumps back even further away from Xixis.

            “Not bad, you’ve kept up with me for a while now; no one has ever given me problems like you before.” Xixis says with a faint smile.

                        Hisana again charges towards Xixis, both again countering their slashes at extreme speed, barely able to see their arms moving, both their energies surging, making the ground shake like never before, everything around them being cut into pieces. Xixis still having the upper hand in skills she jumps over Hisana still slashing and materializing another longsword out of thin air in her left hand, beginning to slash and overpower Hisana completely. Hisana blocks most slashes, but the rest still cutting her all over, a lot of blood dripping on the ground, Hisana grunts and jumps back.

            “How the hell did materialize that sword?” Hisana asks panting lightly.

            “You’ll know soon enough, that is if you live long enough.” Xixis replies sheathing her extra sword.

                        Hisana and Xixis again are almost in par with their swordsmanship, each of Hisana’s counters; Xixis simply blocks by unsheathing her remaining sword at an inhuman speed and sheathes it again. Hisana’s energy keeps rising, every time having better speed and accuracy against Xixis, but Xixis would use her spare sword even more, still having the upper hand and easily handling Hisana. Xixis lets out even more Sprit Force as she leans her sword back and says. “Dark Heart.” Xixis points her longsword to Hisana’s heart and rushes in, Hisana readies herself, but Xixis disappears and appears behind, Hisana turns around, Xixis again disappears. She reappears next to her, Hisana blocks her sword, but Xixis once again disappears and appears on her other side, Hisana swiftly places her Altergun to block, but Xixis repels her sword and disappears again and reappears in front of her making a thrust to Hisana’s heart. Hisana is able to catch Xixis’s longsword with both her hand, the tip touching Hisana’s chest, Hisana notices the word ‘Serenity’ on Xixis’s sword.

            “Serenity?” Hisana asks.

            “You’re the first to ever know my sword’s name; you have gotten very strong, but not enough.” Xixis kicks Hisana on her stomach sending her to the ground.

                        Xixis jumps towards Hisana, but Hisana blocks her with an ice barrier completely covering herself, Xixis falls back and says as she slides her index and middle finger through her blade, surrounding it in Spirit Force and saying. “Timeless Suppress.” All of Xixis’s Spirit Force forms a visible layer all around Hisana’s ice and begins to crush the ice, Hisana makes the ice barrier spout large spikes, the Xixis’s attack shatters the spikes and keeps compressing the ice barrier. Hisana’s eyes shine in a brighter purple color as Nature Force explodes outward shattering the ice and dispelling Xixis’s attack. Hisana rapidly grabs her Altergun and readies herself as she stares at Xixis calmly, Xixis appears in front of her, they clash swords, they push against each other. Xixis removes her spare sword and thrusts it in the ground as she says. “Vanishing Waltz.” Hisana jumps back a slashes of energy come from under the ground towards her, Hisana keeps on evading, jumping to the sides and sidestepping as Xixis attacks her with her inhuman speedy slashes, Hisana barely able to dodge is cut time after time until she shouts. “Maxwell!” The purple portal appears in midair, Maxwell comes jumping out and landing in front of Hisana taking all of Xixis’s attacks head on, at the end of it, his body is completely slashed.

            “Thanks, you saved me again.” Hisana says.

            “Is this why you called me? To use me as a spirit shield? This was not part of the contract.” Maxwell says annoyed.

                        Xixis observes from a distance. Meanwhile,   back in the temple of darkness, the Pixie’s still seem to be working on the lock.

            “Lucien, the lock has been exposed, now you must unlock it with your energy.” A Pixie says.

            “With pleasure.” Lucien walks towards the door and places his hand on it as he let’s Cosmic Force light the ruins, the door unseals, a lot of dust comes out of it as they open.

            “Finally, the power I wanted awaits me.” Lucien begins to walk through the doors, the Pixies disappear.

                        Inside the new giant chamber, Lucien sees even more murals and a very big dome right in the middle and under it an altar and on the altar a small ball made out of very blue fluorescent light, shining at a very high intensity.

            “That light, the lumen sphere, it’s emiting more Cosmic Force than I.” Lucien says.

                        As this happens, Yumi appears in the Ross woods, she walks for a while until she begins to see the sky turning pitch black, she sees the temple of darkness from a distance. She looks at her surroundings to see if anyone is there, she then runs towards the temple, and as soon as she reaches the entrance she stops again, but unexpectedly she sees Astrid walking in front of her, appearing from behind a column.

            “You again? Why are you in my way?” Yumi asks.

            “I’m your killer.” Astrid says.

            “Really? You and what army?” Yumi asks.

            “This army.” Astrid’s surrounding begin to shake, reality distorts as gradually she leaks Cosmic Force and finally bursts.

            “I’m still waiting.” Yumi says coldly.

            “No need to concern yourself with this human.” A familiar voice says from behind Yumi.

                        Yumi widens her eyes as Salen appears unexpectedly and stands between Yumi and Astrid; he has longer hair and looks much more mature than before.

            “Is that really you Salen?” Yumi asks surprised.

            “I might be, I’ll let you decide.” Salen replies.

            “I thought you were dead!” Yumi says shocked.

            “I did die… but then I stayed in Nocturna and trained for this moment.” Salen explains.

            “I don’t get it.” Yumi states.

            “We don’t have time for chatter now, I’d suggest you hurry and get into the temple quick.” Salen remarks.

            “You’re right, thanks.” Yumi says as she disappears and appears behind Astrid.

                        Astrid turns around to attack Yumi, but Salen appears behind Astrid and pulls her from her shirt throwing her back, Astrid recovers in midair and lands safely on the ground staring angrily at Salen.

            “You’ll regret laying your hands on me.” Astrid remarks.

            “Maybe.” Salen says.

                        Yumi runs through the temple until she reaches the giant chamber Lucien is in, she sees him about to touch the ball of light.

            “I found you.” Yumi says.

                        Lucien stops what he’s doing and looks at Yumi, he smiles and says. “Good, you’re here to witness my evolution.”

            “What the hell are you talking about?” Yumi asks.

            “Our mother, that’s what I’m talking about, you see, we’re from this world, yes, but our powers and genes are no longer from this world, they come from the Goddess, and I’m claimingwhat’s rightfully mine as one of her heirs.” Lucien explains.

            “You’re crazy; I can’t believe I’m listening to you.” Yumi says.

            “You’re so ignorant, what a waste, you show such promise, but have no will to seek knowledge, her powers are fruitless on you.” Lucien says.

            “Whatever, let’s just get this over with.” Yumi comments.

            “Agreed.” Lucien smiles as a giant behemoth covered in black fur appears between the two, having silver plates on its arms and chest and carrying an enormous broadsword with a black covered blade. Yumi stands a few steps back; Lucien turns his view towards the ball of light, back with Salen and Astrid. Astrid appears in front of Salen hitting his stomach with her right knee, then swiftly wrapping her right arm around his neck and grabbing his pants with her remaining hand and performing a suplex move, Salen falls on the ground very hard. Salen stands up swiftly and grabs the sword on his back; the sword is very similar to the machete Lucien once materialized for him. Astrid reaches into her pocket and takes out a cylindrical object that looks like a sword handle, she concentrates Cosmic Force into it, two gold long beams of energy come out of it.

            “You caught me off guard.” Salen comments as he covers his sword in Mystic Force.

            “Likewise.” Astrid says.

                        Both clash their swords, they make buzzing sounds and let’s out electricity, Astrid parries his sword and tackles him sending him flying back, he recovers, but Astrid appears making an upward slash, Salen blocks it. Astrid disappears from his sight and grabs him by his hair and slams him against one of the temple’s columns, he bursts in Mystic Force, but she still doesn’t let go of him. Salen makes a thrust attack, but she blocks it, he then hit’s her ribcage with his elbow, she let’s go of him for a second, he turns around and head-butts her head, she jumps back and disappears once again.

            “Where is she? I can’t believe she’s this fast.” Salen thinks to himself.

                        Astrid appears behind him making a thrust to his stomach, the energy beams from her sword pierce his black armor, but barely touches him as he sidesteps on time, he does a roundhouse kick that sends her flying, she recovers in midair and lands perfectly on a broken column.

            “I can’t underestimate her…” Salen says as he bursts again in Mystic Force, only this time turning into his Feral form.

            “His powers are doubled…” Astrid thinks.

            “How about you try that fist attack you did last time on Yumi.” Salen says.

            “That girl was pretty lucky, but yes, it is a good idea.” Astrid nods.

            “I have a similar attack as you; let’s see if your attack can beat my Chaos Strike.” Salen says as Mystic Force concentrates on his right fist, it bursts wildly.

            “God’s Fist.” Astrid says as she leans her right arm to the right; Cosmic Force accumulates around her violently.

                        Both teleport instantly and clash their fists together, a huge explosion promptly follow destroying miles of the Ross woods and greatly damaging the temple of darkness’s exterior. Astrid and Salen stare at each other viciously as her Cosmic Force overpowers Salen’s Mystic Force and covers him whole, he receives the full extent of her attack, Salen falls dead on the ground far away from her, his armor shattered and his sword a few feet away from him, Astrid appears next to him.

            “That was easy.” Astrid says, she turns around to leave.

                        A Mystic Force beam appear in midair coming straight towards her, Astrid rolls on the ground, she notices Salen is nowhere to be seen, the laser hits the ground, but it divides into two and come after her again. Astrid slices them in halves, but now the four come again, she surrounds herself with Cosmic Force and makes the lasers hit the barrier and dissipate; the lasers come again, only this time over fifty of them appearing all around. Astrid charges her God’s Fist once again and hits the ground, Cosmic Force obliterates everything in her surroundings including the lasers. After everything settles, Salen appears a little far away from Astrid.

            “I hope you liked my Dual Shot.” Salen remarks.

            “You’re alive after receiving my God’s Fist, how?” Astrid questions.

            “Oh, you did kill me with that, there’s just one small detail, us feral cats have nine lives literally, the myth comes from us.” Salen explains.

            “I’ll just have to kill you until you die completely.” Astrid says.

            “Others have tried.” Salen comments.

            “Forbidden Apocalypse.” Astrid says.

                        Astrid let’s out her Cosmic Force, her energy begins to surround the area around them forming a prison, Salen tries to slash it, but it doesn’t break. All the Cosmic Force then closes into a much smaller prison, Astrid outside the barrier and Salen utterly trapped. Astrid then explodes in Cosmic Force and begins to concentrate all of it into a single energy ball over the prison. As she accumulates Cosmic Force into the energy ball, energy arrows begin to form inside the prison all around Salen, hundreds of thousands of the arrows attack Salen at once, spawning with no end as Salen begins to block them all, his swift movements looking as if he was teleporting hundreds of times. After a while of Salen blocking he notices the energy ball becoming huge and descending over him, he widens his eyes as Mystic Force blasts from his body temporarily keeping the arrows at bay as he shouts. “Shadow Rain!” His Mystic Force shoots skyward, out of the blue, thousands of energy made swords fall from the sky, Astrid is interrupted as she is obligated to evade while at the same time trying to concentrate, some of the swords scrape her body. The energy ball over Salen grows immensely and descends even faster, Astrid then yells. “Cosmic Crush!” The balls descends on Salen provoking a massive explosion that destroys miles of land including the entrance to the temple of darkness, Astrid appears from afar observing, but as the chaos disperses she notices Salen very injured with one knee on the ground, but all his energy swords still intact.

            “You killed me again…” Salen states.

            “And you will die time after time until you perish.” Astrid remarks.

            “This is the end.” Salen says.

            “What on earth are you talking about?” Astrid questions.

            “Graveyard Symphony.” Salen says.

                        All the energy swords blow up and releases hundreds of sonic waves that spread everywhere, thousands of waves hit Astrid as she evades, the sonic waves disappear, she looks at herself and then looks at Salen.

            “Was that supposed to be an attack or a bluff?” Astrid asks.

            “Inside your body, everything was cut into pieces by the sonic waves…” Salen replies.

            “What?” Astrid asks as she falls on the ground dead.

                        Salen runs towards the temple of darkness entrance, but it’s blocked by debris.

            “I don’t have enough energy left in me to blast this open…” Salen thinks to himself.

                        Meanwhile, Maxwell shakes his head, Hisana chuckles slightly; Xixis makes an angry expression as she says. “Enough with the show, I’ve had it with you, I’m going to turn you to dust.”

            “Someone is having a b***h fit.” Maxwell comments.

            “You don’t say.” Hisana readies herself.

                        Xixis begins to walk towards them as Demon Force begins to leak from her body.

            “Demon Force?” Hisana asks shocked.

                        The skin of Xixis’s arms and legs begins to change into a type of gray metal body armor, her nails turning into black claws, her clothes break and mold into a small kind of dark purple dress that covers only her privates, but very slightly. Her Demon Force explodes from her body as many beams of energy surge from the ground skyward all around, Hisana jumps out of the way as the beams come crashing down.

            “I know of this demon, it’s Aradia, queen of witches you may say.”  Maxwell states.

            “No wonder she was able to make that sword a while ago…” Hisana says.

                        As Xixis calmly walks towards them, Hisana concentrates Spectral Force and says. “Arctic Assault.” It begins to snow; many ice shields with spikes appear covering Hisana all around herself. Xixis keeps walking towards her, but the ice spikes grow very long in seconds, Xixis sidesteps many times, she jumps over the shields, but the spikes attack her once again, Xixis disappears and appears in the distance.

            “Timeless Suppress.”  Xixis says as her Demon Force rises.

                        Gravity becomes heavy, Xixis attacks once again, the ice spikes attack, only this time the spikes are much slower, Xixis breaks them easily with her hands and shatters the shields, but more shields appear. The blizzard becomes worse, Xixis breaks even more shields and reaches Hisana, the blizzard blinds Xixis view, Hisana appears from behind making a diagonal slash, but Xixis easily blocks it and slashes Hisana’s chest throwing her on the ground.

            “Why am I so slow?” Hisana asks herself.

            “Feeling slower? My spell has made you slower and your special attacks as well.” Xixis comments.

            “She needs my help…” Maxwell says from a distance observing the battle.

            “With your current speed, you will not be able to do a thing.” Xixis states.

                        Hisana jumps back, she then hears Maxwell’s voice in her mind. “Hisana, she is too strong for you, you will never win like this, let me take you to your full potential.” Demon energy beams appear all around Hisana, she begins to dodge and jump to evade them all, but they are too fast, Hisana runs towards Maxwell, but the beams follow her everywhere she goes. Some of the beams hit Hisana, making her bleed all over her body, Hisana falls on the ground, Maxwell swiftly reaches Hisana, he bursts in Spectral Force and turns into it, then circling Hisana at very high speeds and entering her body. Hisana bursts in Spectral Force, her energy now doubled, the beams appear once again, Hisana instantly disappears and slashes Xixis in half with a horizontal slash, but Xixis regenerates.

            “Impressive.”   Xixis says.

            “Grey Circle.” Hisana says calmly.

                        A dark purple circle appears under Xixis as hundreds of Metalium bullets appear from all around and hit Xixis repeatedly bathing her in her own blood. Hundreds of beams surround Hisana at once; she begins to run around at an ultra�"high speed, none of the beams are able to catch up, the Metalium bullets keeps hitting Xixis all over her body mercilessly, blood covering the ground, her wounds regenerating quickly, but receiving them again without stop and unable to move. Xixis explodes in Demon Force breaking all her surroundings, she notices Hisana appearing and disappearing around her, the beams come and destroy the area around Xixis.

            “I’m getting tired of this! Vanishing Waltz!” Xixis shouts angrily.

                        Many types of weapons begin to appear and disappear around Hisana, axes, swords, arrows, spears and knives. All of them in perfect alignment and attacking at once, Hisana once again uses her ultra�"speed to evade, but these weapons are very swift and still manage to cut Hisana all around, the weapons gracefully float around almost like if they were dancing. Hisana notices that Xixis is very weak due to her previous attack and heads towards her, Xixis unsheathes her sword waiting for Hisana, but the multiple weapons keep cutting Hisana repeatedly. Hisana reaches Xixis, both clash their swords; the weapons appear once again and pierce Hisana’s body.

            “This is the end.” Xixis says.

            “Yes it is…” Hisana says. “Soulless Angel.”

                        The Metalium from Hisana’s sword passes through Xixis’s longsword and stabs her, the liquid enters her body, Hisana falls on the ground, Xixis turns around looking at her wound.

            “What did you do?” Xixis questions.

            “I killed you…” Hisana replies.

                        Metalium liquid begins to come out of all of Xixis pores as the liquid passes throughout her veins and first exploding outward from her back some kind of Metalium wings until the she explodes the Metalium from her insides outward leaving only blood and guts everywhere around. Hisana closes her eyes and sighs, she falls back, Maxwell appears in front of her.

            “Well done.” Maxwell smiles.

            “Thanks for your help.” Hisana says.

            “You did it on your own; I just helped you achieve your full powers.” Maxwell remarks.

            “Sure, you think you can teleport me to Lemuria? I’m pretty far away.” Hisana asks.

            “Of course.” Maxwell nods.

            “After you help me heal.” Hisana says.

            “Hahaha, no problem.” Maxwell chuckles.

                        Back with Yumi, the Behemoth attacks her with its huge broadsword, swinging it in a vertical manner; Yumi bursts in Cosmic Force and catches the blade with her bare hands.

            “Is this it?” Yumi asks.

                        Yumi’s Cosmic Force explodes wildly as the broadsword breaks in half, the behemoth bursts in darkness, Yumi appears on its head, she raises her whip-sword, Cosmic Force extends it, making it over ten feet longer and slicing off the behemoth’s head, she lands on the ground.

            “It’s not as strong as I thought.” Yumi states.

                        Lucien claps his hands and smiles.

            “You know, I get that both of us have light based powers, but what I still don’t understand is, if I’m the direct descendant of Ethan Schneider, the original wielder of light power, how come you have them? We don’t share the same last name.” Yumi questions.

            “Simple, my full name is Lucien Ambigram Schneider.” Lucien replies.

            “So we’re�"” Yumi is cut off by Lucien. “Cousins.”

            “I should have guessed it…” Yumi says.

                        Both remain silent for a few seconds, Yumi doesn’t take Lucien out of her sight as he simply looks at the sphere, he then says. “Looks like no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get my hands on your dark light powers.”

            “So? Did you obtain anything close to it then?” Yumi asks.

            “Oh no, I obtained something superior to your powers, right here in the temple of darkness.” Lucien says.

            “Really? You’re powerless; I can kill you right now if I want.” Yumi states.

            “Humph… Can you feel the power of this sphere? It’s Cosmic Force, leaking wildly, only someone with Cosmic Force can control this.”

            “Go ahead and try, I just wonder how strong you can get, unless you’re having cold feet right now.” Yumi says.

            “Haha, so smug, but it’s too late for regrets now, let me show you the real identity.” Lucien says as he touches the sphere and it cracks, Cosmic Force completely engulfs him in light. “Godly transfiguration… Lumen God…” Lucien’s voice says.

                        Lucien’s body begins to distort, his missing arm regenerates, then his arms stretch two feet longer, his eyes and hair turn black, his muscles grow bigger, he grows a few feet taller, his skin becomes blackish-gray. Lucien attacks Yumi in a berserk state, he’s very fast and all his attacks destroy everything it touches, Yumi evades all of his attacks, but as she keeps evading, Lucien becomes fiercer, Yumi is forced to transform into her dark light form. Lucien growls, light circles form around him and fire to all directions as beams destroying everything in sight, Yumi laughs uncontrollably and attacks him head on. Yumi viciously cuts him many times, Lucien’s blood spilling all over Yumi’s face, she evades his counter attacks and grabs him by his throat and slams him against a wall. Lucien explodes in Cosmic Force, but Yumi is unaffected, she keeps strangling him with her left hand and stabs him with her whip-sword against the wall, leaving him hanging, she lets go of her sword and materializes another one. Lucien sinks his hands into Yumi’s shoulder and pushes her away, she slices both his arms and feet off, they regenerate, he attacks Yumi savagely slamming her into various columns until she slices him in half with a diagonal slash, he falls back and heals.

            “I have no interest in fighting a mindless monster like you, it’s no fun, all that power and you can’t think straight to use it correctly.” Yumi says coldly.

                        Lucien charges towards her, but all of a sudden stops attacking.

            “What? You lost your will to fight?” Yumi asks.

                        Lucien grabs his head and shakes it, he bursts in Cosmic Force until light surrounds him for a few seconds, it covers the whole chamber in light until it dissipates. Yumi is surprised to see Lucien with a new form, his hair now pure white, his skin back to normal, his body back to its original size and shape, black marks appear on his chest, pentagrams made out of light with dark blue borders appear, he begins floating in the air.

            “Finally…” Lucien says.

            “I thought you went crazy on me.” Yumi remarks.

            “It’s true I wasn’t able to control myself during that form, it was a weak and twisted version of the Lumen God, but now I am complete and in total control.” Lucien explains.

            “Let’s see what you got.” Yumi says.

            “The pleasure is all mine.” Lucien smirks.

                        Yumi stares at him, he vanishes from her sight instantly and appears floating around Yumi, Yumi charges towards him, Lucien points his index finger at her and lets out a small spark of fluorescent blue light, she keeps running at him without hesitation, once she reaches him, he disappears and she's left in front of his little spark of light. The small spark blows up in light energy, covering a wide radius, the blast throws Yumi away, Lucien appears behind her letting out even more small sparks, Yumi quickly evades, the sparks begin to explode, the whole temple almost completely covered in explosions, Yumi falls on the ground injured. She stands up, Lucien stares at her, Yumi says. “Nocturnal Light.” Her Cosmic Force expands covering the whole temple; nothing can be seen because of her black aura.

            “Amuse me.” Lucien says.

                        Lights begin to appear surrounding Lucien, the light begins to expand until it reaches Lucien, it begins to pressure him from all directions as if compressing him until becoming nothing. Lucien begins to feel a great pressure. “I can hardly breathe, haha… Vicious… Ughhh…” Lucien is pierced by Yumi’s whip-sword from behind, the aura vanishes, but the light is still pressuring him.

            “This should be enough.” Yumi says with a grin.

            “I… don’t think… so…” Lucien says as he bursts in Cosmic Force and many light sparks appear around him, they explode, Yumi is sent flying back, hew attack is cancelled. “Not bad.”

            Yumi quickly charges towards him, almost as if teleporting towards him at an impossible speed and attacks him with a diagonal slash that he simply stops with his hand and grabs it. Yumi lets go of that sword and jumps over him as she materializes another whip-sword, Lucien then says. “Photon Ray.” A ray of light appears over Yumi, she evades jumping back, she charges towards him again, he releases the same ray from the palm of his hand, Yumi takes it head on and is unaffected by it. She tries yet another slash, but he floats back, Yumi explodes in Cosmic Force, but all that energy fades away as she remains paralyzed.

            “What happened to my body? I can’t move!” Yumi asks herself.

                        Lucien appears in front of her and puts his hand on her face slamming her against the ground and making it explode. Lucien backs away, Yumi stands up and tries to materialize her whip-sword, but is paralyzed again, he grabs her by the throat, punches her stomach with his remaining hand, and throws her to the side, she lands very hard against a wall. She stands up once again; her hair and eyes turn back to normal.

            “What?” Yumi asks shocked.

            “Haven’t you noticed?” Lucien asks.

            “I can’t use my power.” Yumi replies.

            “It was my Photon Ray, you took it head on, but it remains in your body, every time you use your energy it will paralyze you for a few seconds and I will keep playing with you.” Lucien says.

            “What a coward, you’re that afraid of me?” Yumi asks mockingly.

            “No, it’s simple strategy.” Lucien comments.

            “You can take strategy and shove it up your a*s!” Yumi shouts as she bursts in Cosmic Force and her dark light surfaces once again, only that her irises shine fluorescent blue, the paralysis comes into play, but Yumi resists it and her energy wildly explodes cracking everything around. Lucien smirks and uses his Cosmic Force to clash with hers.

            “I underestimated your dark light powers, but I will finish this.” Lucien states.

                        Yumi’s eyes turn completely black again and charge towards Lucien, he then says as he floats back evading her attacks. “Godly Destruction.” A shield made out of light surrounds him, Yumi resumes her attacking directly slashing on his force field, he keeps trying to evade, but she keeps on attacking him relentlessly.

            “You’re just going to cower away and hide behind that now? Fight me!” Yumi yells.

                        Yumi extends her whip-sword with light having a farther reach, she hacks on Lucien, he makes his barrier larger trying to avoid her blade, but to no effect. As Yumi savagely attacks, the barrier begins to crack as it grows even bigger, Lucien smiles, she keeps on slashing it until it cracks completely and explodes right in front of her. The explosion destroys everything inside leaving it as a giant crater.

            “Ugghh… What was that?” Yumi asks now completely drenched in blood and weak lying on the ground.

                        Lucien floats towards her and explains. “My shield absorbed all your powerful attacks and exploded once it reached peak destructive power.”

            “Sneaky…” Yumi smirks lightly.

            “Not even your dark light could kill me.” Lucien states.

            “Stop talking and kill me already, I’m not afraid of you.” Yumi says coldly.

                        Lucien raises his right arm, blue light accumulates in huge amounts, they then scatter around Yumi and turn into light lances, they all point at Yumi and head towards her, Yumi closes her eyes waiting for her death. All the lances hit at once and explode, Lucien chuckles and waits for the dust to dissipate, he notices Yumi is behind him, he widens his eyes in surprise.

            “How did you move? You had no more strength!” Lucien questions in disbelief.

            “I don’t understand it myself.” Yumi says as she opens her eyes to reveal silver eyes and exploding in Cosmic Force, her energy now silver and black.

            “This is the power of the void! It can’t be! You’ve inherited the power of Anastasia!” Lucien shouts angrily.

            “Anastasia?” Yumi asks.

            “Soriana’s vessel and Ethan’s wife.” Lucien answers.

            “I guess I owe grandma then.” Yumi says.

            “I understand now, you have all these gifts because you’re a direct descendant, and I am not…” Lucien says.

            “Oh well, sucks to be you.” Yumi says mockingly.

            “I’ll finish you off anyways!” Lucien yells.

                        Lucien clenches his fist and opens it creating a big light ball, he appears behind her and does the same. Lucien then appears and disappears repeating the same actions, all of these balls of light explode all around Yumi, all of his attacks somehow end up vanishing as they hit her. Yumi charges towards Lucien, he uses his lance and attacks her, she easily evades, she grabs his lance, makes it dematerialize, and pierces his stomach with her whip-sword, her sword becomes engulfed in a black energy that surrounds him. Yumi remains holding him down while the void consumes Lucien.

            “I can’t... end in a place… like this!” Lucien yells until he manages to back off.

                        Yumi slashes at him, he evades her, she leaps towards him rapidly grabbing him by the throat and crushing him to the ground, there she begins to drag him while her fist is covered in void power. The void begins to consume him as the ground end up with a huge trail of blood, he grabs her hand in order to remove it from his throat, but Yumi stops, grabs his arm and lifts him as she slices it it with her sword and it is consumed. He then points at her letting out one of his explosive light balls, she swiftly contains it with void and slices the rest of his limbs, then finally putting her hand on his face and crushing it against the wall. She completely engulfs the rest of his body in void as she pressures in against the wall cracking his skull and squashing his face inward as the void finishes the job. Yumi backs away completely covered in blood and smiling, her whip-sword dematerializes, she turns back to normal and hears an explosion behind her, it’s none other than Salen, he says. “I couldn’t come in; there was a powerful barrier all around the temple.”

            “I have to take a break…” Yumi states and falls on the floor.

            “…… Good idea.” Salen nods and leans against a broken wall.

                        Meanwhile back at Lemuria, Seshiro and Aureana speak inside one of the offices at the base.

            “Seshiro, do you think he’ll really show his face in front of the Lemurian army?” Aureana asks.

            “He’s not afraid of them.” Seshiro says.

            “He should be.” A man comes into the office.

                        Aureana stands up in attention. “Good morning commander Phil!”

            “At ease.” Phil says.

                        Aureana sits.

            “If Satoshi does appear in Lemuria, we will know immediately, we have that first line of defense ready for action, they will sound the alarm and do their best to stop him.” Phil says.

                        As they speak of this subject, all the alarms sound off.

            “You were saying?” Seshiro says.

            “I have to lead this operation, you stay here, Aureana will keep you safe.” Phil says leaving the room.

            “I’m going.” Seshiro stands from his chair.

            “Wait, let’s see what’s happening first.” Aureana says as she grabs a remote control from the desk and turns on a television in the office. There they see some live footage in the news, Satoshi and Keisuro are seen walking towards Lemuria as an army of warriors march behind them.

            “Where did he get that army?” Aureana asks herself.

            “I don’t know, but we have to do something to help stop them.” Seshiro states.

            “I know, but the commander gave me a direct order.”

            “Let’s just go.”

            “If I disobey a lawful order I will be in violation of article ninety two of the Military Code of Justice and I can get an article fifteen or a court martial and screw up my career big time!” Aureana explains.

            “The country is in the state of emergency, it’s not a lawful order if you need to do your duties as a soldier.” Seshiro says.

            “…… Alright, I’ll do this for my country.” Aureana says.

                        Meanwhile, Keisuro and Satoshi keep walking towards Lemuria.

            “Keisuro, I need you to get in there first and wreak havoc, Lemuria’s defense is very strong, they will turn their attention to you inside and their defense will weaken, my army and myself will wait here until that happens, then we will charge in.” Satoshi says.

            “Alright, I’ll be swift.” Keisuro says rapidly moving towards Lemuria quickly evading all the firing from the Lemurian soldiers and disappearing from their view. Keisuro appears on top of one of the buildings, there he explodes in Spirit Force unleashing an ice-based attack, he spreads his aura upward and makes stalagmites fall from the sky a few blocks around himself.

            “Keisuro is in the city, he very close.” Seshiro says.

            “Then let’s head there right now!” Aureana says.

                        They both rush out of the base in order to stop Keisuro in his tracks.



© 2014 Shin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awesome chapter, all the fights wre awesome, my favorite was the Yumi vs Lucien fight with the brutality, fitting all though the hisana vs xixis battle was just as brutal and well done as well , awesome reveal about Anastasia, it explains Yumi's void ability and it makes sense, keep it up man!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 23, 2011
Last Updated on February 6, 2014

Elemental Ascension


Author

Shin
Shin

Hartford, CT



About
I love to write and draw, not much other than that. Elemental Ascension creation date: September 10th, 2004 Contest Awards: A New Fantasy Era Contest: 1st - Elemental Ascension - Jul 19, 201.. more..

Writing
Chapter 03: Origin Chapter 03: Origin

A Chapter by Shin