Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Sheri
"

Amy has a little heart to heart with her brother before...

"

    Amy continued down the side walk; hurt and confused. The cold rain did little to help her pain as it poured down on her. She crossed her arms tightly over her chest in a futile attempt to keep herself warm from the chilling wind blowing mercilessly against her back. At that moment, she felt as if her world had come to an end; not knowing where she was going only that she had to leave. She had to make an attempt to get away from the pain weighing so heavily on her heart.

    There were many questions running through her mind at the moment. Did her father know? No, not her father. The man she believed to be her father. She doubted that to be the case. She couldn't see how a man could take care of someone else's child; the child which represented the sin of his wife…Would she even be able to bear seeing him again, after the truth has been revealed to her? Would he still want her to be his daughter even though that wasn't the case?

    And what about her real father know? Did he have any idea that he had a daughter out in the world? She couldn't help but wonder who the man was and what he looked like…was he the same man she had first seen with her mother? If that was the case, then her mother obviously never learned from her first mistake…The mistake which was her only daughter…That had to be the reason her mother treated her as delinquent. She had never wanted Amy to begin with…but still, she kept her…Why?

    Then there was Susan; her best friend. What would she think if she were to find out? Would she still want to be friends with her or would she treat her differently because best friend was the spawn of some maternal adultery? If that were to happen, that would kill Amy. Susan was the only one to even take the time to understand her. If she were to ditch her because of something that she has know control over…she didn't know what she would do.

Amy soon came to a stop, gazing inattentively up into the darkened night sky. Raindrops ran down her face, mixing with her pain filled tears. “I can’t believe this.” She sobbed into the sky. “I'm so confused; I don’t even know who I am any more!”

    “Amy, what are you doing?” Amy jumped; she hadn’t even noticed the black car come down the road let a lone park along side of her. She bent down slightly, looking through the rolled down window to see who was inside the car. It was Chris. “You’re soaked. Get in and I’ll take you back home.”

    “What makes you think I’ll go anywhere with you?” Amy questioned with a mix of irritation and sorrow within her tone as she walked away from the car.

    Chris stepped lightly on the gas pedal, following her as she walked. “Because I’m not going to leave you alone until you come with me.”

    “Why do you care anyway?” Amy cried stopping once again.

    He stopped the car as well, not taking his eyes off the stretch of road before him. “Because you’re the little sister and I’m the big brother. I’m supposed to take care of you, aren’t I?”

    “It’s too much of a chore for anyone to care about me-”

    “Hey, come on. Don’t be so hard on yourself.” He said already getting out of the car. He walked over to her, looking down into her troubled green eyes. “Amy, I’m going to tell you something and it’s probably the last time I’m going to say it, so listen up. No matter what happens, and no matter what I say or do, you’re my little sister and I’ll always care about you. Even if we don’t have the same father, I still see you as my full fledge sister, no matter what blood runs through our veins.” He smiled before adding, “So, get your scrawny a*s in the car so I can take you home.”

    For the first time since she could remember, Amy laughed at one of her brother’s joke. She returned his smile halfheartedly. “Alright, fine.”

    Chris pulled open the front passenger door for Amy before rushing to the other side of the car, opening his own door and getting inside. Amy was glad to be out of the freezing rain and into a nice, warm car.

    Chris took a quick glance over to her before continuing down the road, making a slight tsking noise to himself. “You must be freezing in that outfit.”

    “Yeah, but this heater helps out a lot.” She said, pulling wet strands of hair from her eyes.

After a few minutes past, Amy realized that she wasn’t familiar with the road he was taking her home on. “Chris? Where are we going? This isn’t the way home.”

    “Don’t worry. After what had just happened, I thought you’d want to take a little detour before going straight home.”

    She smiled slightly to herself, returning her gaze back to the windshield. Up ahead of them was a sign showing sharp curves further down the road.

    “Ah, what is this guy doing?” Chris asked himself aloud, irritated by the driver behind them. The little red sports car was accelerating and decelerating as if trying to intimidate Chris to speed up his own car.

    “Chris, maybe we should pull over and let them pass.” Amy said nervously checking the rearview mirror.

    “There is no place for me to pull over.” He glanced into the rear view mirror as well.

He could see a young man within the driver’s seat, a girl in the passenger’s seat and another man in the back. They were all laughing having a good old time tailgating the back of his car. “Teenagers.” Chris said looking to Amy out of the corner of his eye. “You better not act like this.”

    “Yeah, right.” Amy said annoyed. “And when exactly will I have the time to do that?”

    “How should I know what you do with that chick?”

    “Her name is Susan and if she knew you called her that, she’d knock your block off.”

    “Oh, I'm so scared.” He said with a smile, concentrating on the road as the first turn came up.

    “Ah, Chris? Maybe you should somehow let those guys pass; I don’t trust them.” Amy said, concern filling her voice.

    Behind them the car was now bumper to bumper to Chris. “What the hell are you doing?” At this point, the little red sports car had maneuvered itself around their own little black one, riding tightly along side of them. “Son of a-” he muttered to himself as he hit the brakes.

    His car didn’t stop; instead it began to skid, wavering from side to side. The little red car moved ahead of them, already rounding the up coming curve.

    “Chris! The curve!”

    Chris quickly responded by pumping the brakes and turning the wheel in sequence with the car’s skid. But the car kept moving right towards the guardrail, as if having a mind of its own. “Damn it! Amy, hang on!” Chris cried just before his car went crashing through the railing and right over the cliff.



© 2008 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on May 23, 2008


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri