Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

A Chapter by Sheri
"

More visits for Amy as she is in her room recuperating...

"

    There was a sudden knock at the door startling Amy from her thoughts. She didn‘t even know what time it was at the moment or how long it had been since Sagieta and Ninari had made their visits. With a tiresome yawn, she began to rub her eyes, hoping to somehow revive herself, as another rap sounded from the door.

    "Come in..." She called quietly, looking over towards the door as it began to slide open.

    To her surprise, Dieteru was the one to enter the room, closing the door behind him. He slowly walked over to the side of her bed, studying her closely before stopping right before her. "What the hell were you thinking? Doing something like that; you could have gotten yourself killed."

    Amy looked up to him, dazed as she shook her head slightly to herself. "I couldn't let you die."

    "I wouldn't have died-"

    "Sure, whatever you say." She said turning painfully to her side so that her back was facing him, not wanting to be bothered with him anymore. "If you're done, leave."

    Dieteru walked around the bed. "No, I'm not done talking to you yet." He crossed his arms over his chest as he looked down to her once again. "You can't be doing things like that. If you die, everything you've been through will be in vain."

    "I know..."

    "Then why'd you do it?"

    "Sheesh. It's like talking to a brick wall!" Amy said in annoyance, covering her head with her pillow before letting out a long sigh. "I know you could have taken care of it without me, but I couldn't stop myself. I just had to do it."

    There was a long silence as neither one of them knew what else to say. Amy then shook her head as she tried to push herself upright; wanting to do nothing more but leave this room. Though it hurt to even raise a finger, she’d deal with the pain just to get away from him.

    "What are you doing?" Dieteru asked taking a step towards her.

    "I can't stay in bed." She explained through labored breaths still struggling to sit upright. "The journey is in just a few days."

    "You're not getting out of this bed."

    Amy looked up to him again, finally sitting in an upright position as she supported herself on her hands. "Watch me." She said with a smirk. But, Dieteru didn’t even give her the chance to stand as he pushed her back down onto the bed. "H-hey! What are you doing?" She cried a sharp pain ran throughout her body as she tried to sit upright yet again.

    Dieteru only pushed her down once more, this time holding her down by her wrist. In her current state she was incapable of freeing herself from his tight grasp. "I was told that you are not allowed to get out of this bed for another day or two."

    Amy gritted her teeth irritably. "I am not staying here for that long!"

    "Well that's just tough now isn't it?"

    "Let go of me." She said through clenched teeth.

    “Only if you promise to stay in bed."

    "No." She said in frustration as she pushed up on her wrists.

    Dieteru pressed harder onto her wrists. "Then I'm not letting go."

    Amy looked up into his eyes. Seeing his determination, she let out a long sigh. "Fine. I'll stay in bed."

    He didn't let go of her wrists. "Do you promise?"

    She closed her eyes, her stomach and back ached terribly now. "Yes."

    He smiled in triumph, letting go of her wrists as he backed away from her. "Good. Hopefully we won't have to have this conversation again."

    Amy shot him a wicked look. "Go away."

    "I don't know why you are in such a rush to get rid of me. We're going to be traveling together very soon." He shook his head in amusement. "You never know. You may be living here with us after this is all over." Amy rolled over onto her other side. She could hear Dieteru walk around the bed just as he had before. She looked up to him again, her eyes now distant. "What's wrong?"

    "Nothing." She answered not wanting to tell him what was really on her mind. She couldn't tell him that she wouldn't even be around by the end of her journey.

    There was a slight rap at the door, followed by a mock gasp as Ninari entered the room. "I was wondering where you had gotten to Dieteru." She smiled at him and Amy. "Is he bothering you?"

    Amy let out a little laugh. "When isn't he?"

    Dieteru watched her for a moment wanting to reply to her comment when Ninari placed a hand onto his shoulder. "Would you mind leaving us alone? I would like to speak with her for a moment."

    He nodded turning to leave the room before stopping at the door. "You might want to watch her. She's trying to get out of bed."

    Amy let out a frustrated groan as he left the room. She looked up at Ninari. "Is he always so pushy?"

    Ninari smiled as she sat aside of her on the bed. "Let up on him, ok? He may not act it but he was really worried about you last night."

    Amy almost laughed aloud at her comment. "Yeah, he seems to be."

    "I'll admit. He has an odd way of showing it, but it's true.” Ninari said smiling. "He'd probably get mad at me for saying this but, all last night when you were here; he never once left your side. He was even here when I checked on you earlier today. You were still asleep so I told him to go get some rest and I’d tell him when you awoke."

    Amy shook her head in disbelief, but as she looked back into Ninari’s eyes, she could see nothing, but pure honesty looking back at her. “But, why?”

    Ninari shrugged. "Who knows? Maybe he finally see's you for who you are and not what you are."

    "Yeah, a human. And a full blooded one at that." Amy said with a bitter tone. "I can't help what they did. I wasn’t around.”

    "I know." Ninari said in a soothing tone. "But there is no sense in worrying about it now." She then studied her curiously. "So, how are you doing anyway? Are you in a lot of pain?"

    "No, not really." She said after a moment's thought. "I mean, it hurts if I move but I have to get use to it. So I might as well start now so I can prepare myself for the journey."

    Ninari shook her head. "You are a very brave girl. Braver then I could ever imagine."

    You don't know the half of it.

Amy thought to herself a little amused.

    Everyone around her have been hinting about the oncoming event, believing it will be as easy as her defeating the Alangi King, so they can all start with new lives, with her in it. But she had to push that thought aside. She couldn’t get too attached. It'll only make it harder for her to finish her journey. And she had to. Otherwise they’ll all be in mortal danger.

    "Amy?" Ninari questioned snapping her right out of her thoughts. "Are you alright?"

    "Oh, yeah fine." She said rubbing the side of her head. "I’m just a little tired, that's all."

    Ninari smiled, getting to her feet. "I'm going to go so you can get some rest."

    "Oh, you don't have too-"

    "Yes, I do." She said walking towards the door. "You need all the energy you can muster for this journey.” She smiled at her kindly before leaving the room. "Sweat dreams."

    Amy watched her as she slid the door shut behind her. Alone again. Nothing to do but sleep and think. And right now, the thinking was taking over. Amy just hoped she wouldn't go insane before this journey would even begin. She hadn't told anyone except Sagieta about her feeling a little warm. Though now she felt even worse. It felt like it was getting warmer and warmer by the moment.

    She shook her head again. The weather must have picked up. That's it. Just the weather.

    Amy struggled to roll onto her back then stared up towards the ceiling. She began to think of her family. She wondered how they were and what they were doing. And Chris. The last time she saw him was during the accident. He had saved her life, and now she doesn’t even know if he's alive.

    Then it hit her. They aren't alive. Not any more at least. She's in the future. One thousand years in the future. They can’t be alive. Especially since the Alangi King destroys the human race.

A tear began to roll down her cheek. Her family is gone. Along with her best friend and everything else she has come to know. She was indeed alone now.

    That is unless she stops the Alangi King from ever leaving in the first place. She began wiping at her eyes as more tears began to form. Her stomach and back ached and burned and itched like crazy. She just wanted it to stop. At least for a little while. To give her some peace of mind.

    She sighed as she turned painfully to her side, closing her eyes. She thought of how odd it had been that Dieteru had came into her room in the first place. He hadn’t just come to scold her for saving him. He seemed genially worried.

    A smile gradually crossed her face as she thought of the others. They were all just one big happy family. And she wished she could be apart of it. But since she was unable to be apart of it, she’d protect their family instead. She soon fell asleep shortly after, bearing that thought in mind. She wouldn’t allow anything to happen to them.



© 2008 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on May 30, 2008


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri