Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Sheri
"

Amy wakes to see another person has come to the scene. But who is she and who is this High Elder she and Kieto want her to meet?

"

    "What do you mean her pulse is different?" The sound of a woman’s voice rang through Amy’s head, gradually arousing her from her unexpected sleep. However, Amy remained perfectly still, keeping her eyes closed so not to be suspected of being awake as she listened in to what the woman had to say.

    "I don't know." She heard another voice ring out through the silence. This voice, she knew, belonged to that boy named Kieto. "It's a lot slower then what ours is."

Amy could hear some leaves rustling as the woman came closer. “Are you sure she just isn’t ill?”

    “Positive. She was just up walking not too long before you came.” There was a short pause as Amy heard more rustling to her left. “Anyone in our village with a pulse like hers is surely near death. But she seems to be completely healthy! She just past out from shock; I‘m sure of it!”

    "This is too good to be true…We must take her to the High Elder at once, just to be sure…"

    "But she's still unconscious-"

    The woman sighed impatiently. "I swear if I didn't know better, you are not Dieteru's brother."

    Dieteru? Who's that?

"What's that suppose to mean?" Kieto whined defensively.

    "Nothing, nothing at all." The woman then bent down aside of Amy studying her for a few seconds before tapping her lightly on the cheek. "Hey, it's time to rise and shine now!" The woman said cheerfully.

    Amy opened her eyes leisurely to see a beautiful young woman looking down at her. Her mouth dropped open. "Wh-who are you?"

    The woman stood to her feet, holding out her right hand. "The name's Ninari." Amy looked warily at the woman’s hand before allowing her to help her to her feet. The woman soon grimaced as something caught her eye as she looked to Amy‘s forehead. "What happened to you? Were you mugged or something?"

    Amy felt the bump on her forehead, wincing as pain emitted from the tender cut. "No. I was in an accident…" She said letting her voice trail off. The accident was such a blur to her now. She wasn't quite sure on what had actually happened. But she did know one thing; if it hadn’t been for Chris she would be dead right now. Chris, where could you be?

    "Hello?" The woman asked grabbing her attention. Amy stared at her through teary eyes. "Hey, are you alright?"

    Amy wiped away her tears with the backs of her hands. "Yeah, fine." She replied still thinking about Chris as she lowered her hands to her sides. I wonder if he's here. She looked around. No. I guess not. There isn't even a sign of water…

    "...So, will you come with us?" Ninari asked looking into her eyes.

    Amy looked at her puzzled. "What? Oh, I'm sorry. My thoughts aren't with me today."

    "That's OK." Ninari said placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You've been through a lot, I can tell."

    You don't even know the half of it.

    Amy then allowed herself to study the woman for the first time since she came across her. This woman named Ninari was dark complected, slender, and very beautiful. Her clothes seemed different from Kieto’s though, being made of cloth rather than animal hide. And they were colorful. Amy could name at least half of the colors in the rainbow from her outfit. The others she couldn't even figure what to call them.

    Though full of color her outfit was, it didn't seem to cover very much of her skin at all. Her shirt was wrapped around the back of her neck and over her chest, the ends tying at the base of her neck. And her shorts weren't any better, stopping at the middle of her thighs.

    Amy shook her head. "Quite revealing, aren't we?"

    "What was that?" Ninari asked with a perplexed expression.

    "Uh, nothing! I didn't say a thing!" Amy said shortly; she hadn't meant to make the comment aloud. "Um, where did you want to take me to again?"

    "Oh, that," Ninari said, pushing a few strands of her dark brown hair behind her ear. Amy took notice that her ears were just like Kieto‘s, and found herself wonder exactly what was going on in the world. "Well, I wanted to take you to our High Elder. I'm sure she would want to speak with you."

    Amy looked from her to Kieto, then back to her. "Why would this High Elder, want to speak with me?"

    Ninari and Kieto looked from one another before Ninari gave her an answer. "I'd rather have the High Elder explain it to you."

    Amy shrugged her shoulders. "Sure why not? It's not like I have anywhere else to go at the moment."

    “Great!” Ninari said blissfully. "Well we should be on our way then. We don't want to be out on this road once it gets dark."

     Road?  Amy looked down to the ground, examining it closely. It was indeed a road, however, a dirt one. There were no stones or macadam in place. She then looked back to Ninari as a thought crossed her mind. "Why can't we be on this road at night?"

    "Because of the Alangi demons of course." Ninari said as if the answer were obvious. She then looked back to Amy, noticing her baffled expression. "You really aren't from around here, are you?"

    "See, I told you!" Kieto said abruptly. "She's from the past! She has to be the one the High Elder wants!"

    Amy gaped at them both. Should I really go with them? What if they're setting me up for something?

    Ninari gave Kieto a wicked look as she began to grit her teeth in anger. "I told you only the High Elder should speak with her about this." She said sternly. She looked back to Amy who watched her with fearful eyes as she took a cautious step back. "Amy, no Amy. Don't be afraid."

    "Why shouldn't I be?" She shrieked at them, no longer to control her fear. "The last thing I remember is the accident. Then, I woke up here with little dog boy over there ogling me!"

    "Hey! I'm no dog!" Kieto yelled irritably.

    "Quiet Kieto! She's scared enough as it is!" Ninari demanded. She turned back to Amy. "There's nothing to be afraid of. We aren't going to hurt you."

    "Yeah?" She questioned cruelly, turning away from them. "Well, I’m not going to take that chance!" She yelled, running deep into the woods behind her.

    "Amy no!" Kieto called as he and Ninari followed after her, the sun slowly beginning to set behind them.



© 2008 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on May 23, 2008
Last Updated on May 23, 2008


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri