Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

A Chapter by Sheri
"

The town is under attack by an Alangi demon in search for the Angel of Black Wings...

"

    Amy was running through the town, the real town, when she saw Ninari. Her back was to her, rigid as she held a sword out before her.

    Amy then stopped as she quickly looked around the town. It was aflame. The townspeople were running for a safe place to hide while others stayed behind; some finding whatever they could to extinguish the flames while others found anything they could use as a weapon. However, she couldn't see anything that could be seen as a threat.

    Dieteru walked past her to Ninari, looking warily around the town. "What's going on?" He whispered.

    Ninari glanced at him quickly. "There's one of those creatures here. He's different then the other Alangi dogs. He's swift, stealthy...” She said looking back to Amy. "He’s looking for the Angel of Black Wings."

    "Me?" Amy asked stepping towards her. "He went after all these people for me?"

    "He's a b*****d from Alangi; he doesn’t care for the innocent." Ninari said, furiously. "That's how they all are."

    "Where is he now?" Dieteru asked unsheathing his sword.

    "If I knew that, don’t you think I'd be fighting him now?" .

    Amy felt a strange sensation go through her chest. The same sensation she had when the first Alangi demon had shown itself to her. She turned around and in a split second jumped backed before the creature had a chance to slash her across her chest. She stumbled back into Ninari and Dieteru causing them to turn to face her.

    "S**t!" Ninari yelled as Dieteru grabbed hold of Amy’s arm, pulling her behind him.

    "Amy, are you alright?” Ninari asked holding her sword out at the creature threatening.

    "Yeah, fine." Amy said looking to the creature. "What do you want with me?"

    The creature looked to her and gave her what looked to be a smile as he showed his sharp, blood drenched teeth. He grunted. "So you’re the Angle of Black Wings?" He studied her carefully. "Our Lord told us you'd be coming, but I was expecting more of a challenge."

    Ninari sidestepped, completely blocking the creature’s view of Amy. "You will have to get through me to get to her."

    The creature laughed. "You think you can stop me?" He asked in a challenging tone, letting out a few more laughs before swiftly swinging out his arm, hitting her in the jaw, causing her to drop her sword.

    Ninari fell to the ground face first with such a force Amy swore the ground shook beneath her feet. "Ninari!" She cried kneeling beside her. She turned her over, finding her out cold, blood trickling from a newly formed gash along her forehead.

    Dieteru glanced back to Amy and Ninari before looking the creature squarely in the eye. "You’re going to pay for that." He threatened through tightly clenched teeth.

    The creature laughed again, clearly amused by Dieteru’s anger. "Try it then." He then swung out his arm to hit him like he had Ninari, but Dieteru dodged out of the way, ramming the creature in the stomach with his shoulder. The creature gasped, more from shock then pain as he stumbled back a few steps, staring at Dieteru with wide yellow eyes. "How did you see through my attack? No one has ever been able to dodge one of my attacks!"

    "No one but me." Dieteru said, lowering his sword to his side. "I'm not like the others in this town. I will not be so easily defeated."

    The creature studied him for a moment before letting out a roar of laughter. "What makes you say that little man? I could crush you into dust in mere seconds!" He growled, swinging his arm out again. Dieteru jumped back, dodging the creatures attack easily. "Hold still!" He yelled angrily quickly grabbing the sword Ninari had dropped at his feet. The creature then began to slice viciously through the air at Dieteru.

    How can he move so swiftly?  Amy thought to herself as she watched Dieteru’s battle with the creature. It's like he knows what that creature is going to do before it actually does it.    There was a slight pressure on her shoulder as a hand was placed down on her, but before she could make a sound a hand was slapped over her mouth. "Amy, it’s me!" The voice whispered as the person removed his hand.

     "Kieto," Amy said in relief. She turned to face him, having to look up for she was still knelt beside Ninari. "What are you doing here? You should be hiding."

    Kieto knelt down beside her, looking over to Ninari. "You may have every right to think otherwise, but I can take care of myself." He looked back to his brother as he fought with the creature. "He's toying with that Alangi dog, you know? He could kill him in an instant if he really wanted to."

    Amy turned back to the fight. She had no doubt in her mind that what Kieto said was true. Dieteru looked confident, a little too confident. "I wish he'd just finish this all ready. He's giving him too many opportunities."

    Kieto looked out at his brother with pure confidence. "He wouldn’t let him get away, even if he did happen to get away, my brother would just hunt him down and kill him."

    There was an angry roar from the creature as it took one last swing at Dieteru. "Stand and fight me!"

    "Humph, you Alangi b******s are denser then I thought." Dieteru said, looking down to his sword which he now held at his side. "When I say that I'm not like the others in this village, I mean it." He let out a little laugh. "I am a pure blood. There is no way for you to defeat me."

    The creature gradually lowered his sword unable to believe what he had just heard. "But that’s impossible!" The creature hissed. "We wiped out all the pure bloods!"

    Dieteru shook his head slightly, taking a step forward, "Not all of them." He let out another laugh as he watched the creature. "Scared aren’t you? You know exactly what my people are capable of."

    The creature looked from Amy and Kieto back to Dieteru. With a hiss the creature turned running back into the forest.

    Amy quickly got to her feet and bolted after the creature. "Don't let him get away!"

    "Amy!" Dieteru called after her, he looked back to Kieto. "Stay with Ninari!" And without waiting for an answer he followed after her.

    Amy was only a few feet from the creature as it stopped, turning back to her. He swung at her violently, but she quickly jumped back out of the way falling to the ground. She sat up, staring up at the creature with wide eyes as it came towards her.

    The creature laughed as she looked up at him with fearful eyes. "You haven't been in a real live battle, have you?" He asked in a raspy voice. He raised his sword. "But I'll gladly see to it that you'll die before you get that chance."

    Amy closed her eyes as she raised her hands before her as the creature brought down his sword, willing the power which had saved her life once before to come and save her now. But before she could even begin to focus, she heard the sound of metal against metal. She opened her eyes to see Dieteru standing before her, blocking the creature's blade from striking her.

    "Dieteru..." She said softly looking up to him.

    He glanced back at her. "Amy, are you all right?" He asked, pushing back on the creatures' blade, causing him to stumble back.

    Amy stood to her feet and nodded. "Yeah, I’m fine."

    Dieteru took a step toward the creature. "You will not get away from me this time."

    Without a word the creature lunged at him, thrusting his sword at his chest. Dieteru quickly brought up his sword, knocking the creature’s blade to the side; he then thrust the hilt of his sword into the creature’s stomach. The creature fell to one knee, gasping for air.

    "Prepare to die you son of a b***h." Dieteru said raising his sword before him.

    But as he took a step forward, the creature suddenly lunged up, bringing up his free hand, which was now clench holding something tightly in his grasp. It brought its hand back and threw what he had into Dieteru's eyes. Dieteru stumbled backward, rubbing his eyes, his back hitting a nearby tree.

    "Avavian Powder." The Alangi rasped in triumph. He came toward him raising his sword. "It's not lethal, but I can take care of that part." The creature then brought back his sword, preparing to thrust the blade though Dieteru’s stomach.

    Amy watched the sight before her as if it went on in slow motion. Dieteru was up against the tree rubbing painfully at his eyes and the creature that stood before him, ready to run him though. She had no time to think as she rushed out in front of Dieteru, using her body as a shield for his. She let out a painful cry as the blade pierced through her back and out the other side. The creature then pulled the blade out, and backed away, laughing in delight.

    "Amy!" Dieteru cried as she stumbled forward. He grabbed hold of her shoulders holding her upright, studying her eyes. "God, what did you do?"

    She smiled weakly. "I couldn't let you die..."

    "I could have avoided it!" He cried as he watched her legs begin to buckle beneath her.

    He wrapped an arm around her waist, helping her to her knees. She began coughing, blood dripping from her lips. They could hear the creature snicker behind them. "Oh what touching moment." He raised his sword out before him. "Too bad it'll be your last."

    Amy looked up to Dieteru as he looked back to her. "Kill him." She said, her hands pressed tightly against her wound. "Kill him now and get it over with."

    He placed a hand to her shoulder, before standing to his feet. She heard him begin to walk towards the creature before she fell to the ground, everything beginning to go black around her.   



© 2008 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on May 29, 2008
Last Updated on May 29, 2008


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri