Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

A Chapter by Sheri
"

Amy departs on her journey...

"

    "You must be careful on this journey, Amy. The whole world is counting on you." Sagieta said, placing her hands upon the shoulders of her people's savior. "You are already weak from last night so this is going to be even harder on you."

    Amy smiled at her wearily. "You mustn't worry. I'll be fine." She looked behind her to where Dieteru was standing. "With him with me, I will be alright."

    "I know child." Sagieta said then pulled her into a warm embrace. "I'll miss you child." She whispered quietly in her ear before pulling away, wiping tears from her own eyes. "Now go and fulfill your destiny."

    Amy slowly walked from out of the Great Hall. If they started the journey now, she would make it to the Alangi King's lair the day before he would be traveling to her time. The day he would slay all the people she knew and loved; it was cutting it close. If her wounds would have been more severe, she wouldn’t make it on time.

    "Amy." Dieteru said, grabbing her attention. As she turned towards him, she saw him walking towards her, pulling something from his pocket. He held what he had out to her. "Aren't you forgetting this?"

    Her eyes widened in surprise. It was her pill bottle; she had left it in the room before going to see Sagieta. She reluctantly took it from him frowning slightly. "O-oh. Thanks…”

    He watched her closely as she put the bottle into a small pouch she had at her side. "Why did you have that in your room? Don’t you want to get better?"

    "No, I mean yes. Of course…" She said a little flustered. "I'm just a little tired still is all and must have forgotten to grab it this morning..."

    "Uh-huh." He said doubtfully.

    She gave him a dirty look. "Don't act so smug."

    "It can't be helped. I'm just an ignorant fool after all."

    "I'm sorry for saying that."

    "No, you're not." Dieteru said in amusement as he began walking off.

    Amy couldn't help but smile. "Jerk."

    "That too." He said in agreement.

    "Hey! Amy, wait up!” A voice called from behind. When she turned she saw Ninari and Kieto running towards them, both stopping only inches before her.

    Ninari placed a hand onto Amy's shoulder. "You don't think we’re going to let you leave without us, do you?"

    Amy watched them confused. "What are you talking about? You guys aren't coming."

    "And why not?" Kieto asked defensively. "Why do the two of you get to put your necks on the line and not us?"

    "Because we were chosen to." Dieteru stated, walking towards them.

    "But-" Kieto began his protest.

    "It's ok Kieto. She just doesn’t want us to go." Ninari said sadly.

    "No, that's not it." Amy said reassuringly. "I just don’t want the two of you to get hurt."

    "Well you don't have to worry about that." Dieteru said looking from Ninari to Kieto. "They're the best fighters among the townspeople. Naturally learning from the best."

    "Oh please! Don't flatter yourself!" Ninari said in irritation.

    "My brother can be a little self absorbed at times." Kieto said in a hushed voice to Amy, causing her to giggle.

    "I heard that." Dieteru said taking a step towards him.

    Kieto coward behind Ninari. "I was only kidding! Take a joke, will you!”

    Amy began to laugh, holding her soar stomach in the process. "Oh, stop, it hurts!" She said between laughter. But when she finished, her features fell to one of a serious nature. "But what of everyone else? Will they be alright with all of you gone?"

    "Oh, you mustn't worry about them." Ninari said, waving her hand before her. "They can take care of themselves."

    "I don't know..." Amy said doubtfully.

    "Not everyone in that town is a weakling." Dieteru said. “Trust me. They can hold their own."

    "Are you sure?"

    "Positive."

    Amy looked to each of them again. They all looked confident and rearing to go. I wish I were that relaxed. She looked down to her feet anxiously. With all the butterflies in my stomach, I feel like I'm going to take off!

    "Amy?" Ninari asked startling her out of her thoughts.

    She looked up to her. "Yes?"

    "You just seemed to be out of it for a moment there."

    "Oh, sorry." She said looking to each of them. "I guess I’m still a little tired."

    "No problem." Kieto said, now standing aside of Ninari. "So, are we ready to go?"

    Amy looked around the town. The townspeople were a distance away, watching her; not wanting to interfere. She turned back to them. "Are you sure you want to come?"

    "Yep." Ninari said with a nod of her head.

    "Definitely." Kieto chipped in.

    Amy turned away from them, facing the path which led out from the town to the destiny before her. "Let's go then." She said beginning to walk down the pathway with the others following closely behind.



© 2008 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on May 31, 2008


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri