Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

A Chapter by Sheri
"

Amy is summoned by Sagieta...

"

    Few weeks have past since Amy stumbled upon this mysterious land; the land in which she now had to protect. The very land which turned out to be the world's future. She now stood before the lake she and Ninari had their discussion about the Maraini and gazed out over the crystal clear water, lost in thought once more.

    She thought mostly about her training which Sagieta had placed her under. It was strenuous and very time consuming as she would begin this training at three in the morning until she finished at eleven o'clock at night, leaving her very little time to eat and rest. But she knew she must go on. There wasn't much time remaining until she had to face the Alangi King and save her family within the past…or at least try.

    She let out a long sigh, looking to her reflection in the rippling water. Sagieta had had Ninari give her new clothing to wear, saying it was too hard to train in what she had originally been wearing. And they were right. Amy couldn’t imagine doing half of what she did in the order of training in her skirt.

    Now she wore what Ninari had given her. Though at first, she was a little hesitant to wear anything she had to give her, especially after what she was wearing when Amy first came across her. But, she soon found she liked what she was given as she wore the rather small, but nice, black tank top, which revealed part of her mid section, with tan pants that reached only to her knees. The clothes were kind of showy, but she liked them all the same.

    She closed her eyes again thinking hard. Sagieta had told her earlier that day that this day, next week, she must go on her journey. That didn't give her much time to train and explains the reason for the tight scheduling.

    "Amy?" A voice called from behind.

    She turned; facing the direction the voice had come and smiled. "Hey, what are you up to, Kieto?"

    Kieto put his hands on the back of his head as he came towards her. "Nothing much. The High Elder told me to come get you." He stopped before her, lowering his hands at his sides. "She said it concerns your journey. I'm guessing it's important."

    "Oh?" Amy looked to the ground. I wonder what this is about. She looked back to Kieto. "Where is she?"

    "In the Great Hall." He answered. The Great Hall was the room where Amy had first seen Sagieta. "Do you really have to ask anymore?"

    Amy shook her head. "I guess not." She began walking off in the direction of the Great Hall. She turned back to Kieto. "Aren't you coming?"

    Kieto shook his head. "She told me that only you and Dieteru were needed."

    "Dieteru?" Amy's heart sunk. She really didn't feel like dealing with him right now. "Why is he there?"

    Kieto shrugged. "Beats me. I just know what I was told."

    Amy watched him carefully then smiled thoughtfully. "I would have never guessed you and Dieteru were brothers. It just doesn't seem possible."

    Kieto let out a little laughed. "Yeah, I'm told that a lot."

    "I guess I will see you later then. I have to see what Sagieta wants with me." She smiled again before turning away from him. I wonder what this is all about.

 

    Amy finally made her way to the Great Hall. She quickly found the little indent in the wood and slid the door open.

    "Come on in sweet heart." She heard Sagieta say from inside the room.

    Amy took a step inside, sliding the door shut behind her. As she turned she saw Sagieta standing in the center of the room, Dieteru at her side.

    This was actually the first time Amy was able to get a good look at him since she had arrived in Haroheito. He wore nearly all white just as Sagieta, but the rims of his shirt were black. His pants were white as well, but were covered in dirt and what looked to be dried blood. At his left side was a sheath, which she believed undoubtedly, carried sword.

    "You do know the time of your journey is coming near, Amy dear?" Sagieta said grabbing her attention.

    She nodded her head in acknowledgment, remaining silent.

    "And you also know this journey will be a dangerous one. You do know this, don't you, Amy?"

    Amy nodded her head once more.  Where is she getting at?

    Sagieta turned from the two taking a few steps away before turning back to them. She studied both of them for a few moments before continuing. "For this reason, and this reason only, I have decided that you, Dieteru, should go with her as her protector."

    Amy's mouth dropped open. Why does she have to go with him? He’d probably be the one to throw her to the dogs, metaphorically speaking.

    She watched Dieteru take a step toward Sagieta wearing the same disapproving expression that Amy had now. "Why do I have to go with this human?" He said, looking back to Amy in disgust. He turned his gaze back to Sagieta. "Don't get me wrong, High Elder. I am honored that you chose me, but for all we know, she may turn on us and use the powers the spirits have given her to destroy us all!"

    Sagieta smiled warmly at Amy. "This girl doesn’t have that kind of spirit.” She looked back to him. "Do you doubt the choice the spirits have made?"

    "I do not doubt the spirits, High Elder. But how can we trust this human?"

    There was a small silence as Amy looked to the floor to avoid Sagieta's eyes and sighed. "If I'm not mistaken," She began, looking up to Dieteru's eyes coldly "This human, is saving your peoples' lives." She looked to Sagieta. "I don't want you to worry about me. With these powers, I should be able to make it on my own now." She turned and began walking towards the door. "Besides, I'd rather go alone then deal with this ignorant fool any day."

    She pulled open the door and stepped out of the room. It felt good to voice her opinion for once and thought everything was said and done until Dieteru stepped out before her, stopping her from going any further.

    She looked up into his harsh gaze. "Yes?"

    "How dare you speak to me like that in front of the High Elder?" Dieteru demanded between gritted teeth. "I swear if you weren't the savior, I would have killed you at first sight."

    Amy laughed at him. "You are a real fool." She said in amusement. "I haven't done a thing to you, yet you already wish me dead?" She shook her head. "I'm getting that a lot lately." When he remained in her way, she sighed. "Look, I have much more important matters to deal with then your childish behavior."

    She went to walk off again in another direction but Dieteru side stepped, blocking off her path once again. "Look, Dieteru," she began, her tone more quiet then before. "I'm scared, ok? I can admit that. I am scared to death of what may happen to me. But I would never sell out what I was chosen to protect. I can not fail." She looked him in the eyes, her own filled with compassion. "I know you love your people and I will not allow the Alangi King to take anymore of their lives!"

    Dieteru stared hard into Amy's eyes, taken aback. He didn’t know why, but he could tell that what she had said was nothing more then truth. And as he opened his mouth to speak once again, he was caught off by a loud horrifying scream coming from within the town.

    Amy looked from the town to him, shocked as equally as he was. What was going on? Were they under attack? And if so, how could the creatures get past the boarder? Get past them in the day light? Even though the moon was just beginning to rise and the sun to set, they would have noticed at least one of them coming through, wouldn't they?

    Amy took off running towards the town, Dieteru right behind her as another scream sounded through the air. She didn’t' know what was happening and she didn't care. She had to get to the townspeople. She had to save them. Even if it meant her own demise.



© 2008 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on May 29, 2008
Last Updated on May 29, 2008


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri