Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

A Chapter by Sheri
"

The townspeople hold a party for Amy...

"

    A few days have past and Amy was finally permitted to leave her room. She couldn’t be any happier. Though, in exchange for her being able to leave, she had to have constant supervision on orders of the doctor who had took care of her surgery. Ninari and Kieto were the first to volunteer for the job.

    The three of them were now walking around Haroheito, making their way towards the lake Amy had consistently trained by. They walked in silence for the moment, each filled with their on thoughts. Amy couldn’t believe her journey was beginning tomorrow. The only thing she knew about this journey so far was it would take nearly a day to reach her destination, and that…she would die.

    “Amy?” She turned her head to see Kieto looking back at her. “Is something wrong?”

    “N-no. No, of course not. I’m just a little edgy about tomorrow is all…”

    “Who wouldn’t be?” Ninari questioned crossing her arms before her. “It's definitely a life changing experience.”

    She didn’t answer, continuing her slow pace towards the lake. They weren’t too far away now; she could see the water sparkling within the sunlight. That's when something else caught her eye. Surrounding the outer edges of the lake, were all the townspeople of Haroheito, each going about there business in a hurried manner.

    Amy looked to Ninari and Kieto, stunned. "What's this about?"

    "It’s a surprise." Kieto said smiling.

    Amy shook her head, understanding what he meant. “You’re throwing a party?"

    "Of course we are!" Ninari said wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "You are going on this journey for us to rid us of that Alangi b*****d. The least we could do is show you our appreciation.”

    Amy began to blush. "I don't know what to say."

    Just then, a small group of the townspeople came over to her, giving her small gifts of thanks. She smiled warmly at them. "Thank you."

    Half the day went like this for her. People came, giving her their thanks in whatever way they could. She also had Ninari trying to have her sit and rest, but Amy kindly refused. She didn’t want the people to know how she really felt. Just earlier that day she was unbearably warm; now she was freezing. It’s been like this for her ever since the surgery.

    "Are you sure you don't want to rest a little?" Ninari asked once again.

    "Yes, I'm sure." Amy replied, aggravation creeping in her tone. But when she saw the concerned look within her eyes, she placed a hand upon her shoulder. "Don't worry, I'm fine."

    "Are you sure?"

    "She has been moving frequently; maybe you should take a rest." Kieto added.

    "I'm fine." Amy said slowly. "I'm a little tired but that never hurt anyone."

    "What never hurt anyone?" A voice questioned from behind her.

    She turned reluctantly around, knowing who it was before she even faced him. "Dieteru, are you spying on us or something?"

    He looked from her to Ninari. "Spying? Do I look like I would spy on anyone?"

Amy and Ninari gave each other quick glances, both nodding their heads. "Yup."

    There was an odd silence from him as the two girls began to laugh. "Yeah, very funny." Dieteru said crossing his arms before him. "The two of you are a bunch of twits."

    "Oh, come on Dieteru!" Ninari said joyously, placing an arm around his shoulders. "When is the last time you have seen our people this happy?"

    Dieteru looked at her hand on his shoulder. "You're touching me." Ninari looked to her hand and quickly snapped it back. He laughed. "But I must admit they do seem to be enjoying themselves.”

    Amy took in a sharp breath quickly mixing it into a yawn, hoping that would be just enough to cover it up so no one would take notice.

    "Very sneaky." Kieto said crossing his arms before him. "We almost didn't catch it."

    "Come on," Ninari began, grabbing hold of her arm. "You are going to bed."

    Amy pulled her arm gently away. "No, I'm fine."

    "Amy-"

    "I'm fine." She said more sternly, but smiled shortly after, softening her tone. "I will admit, I have a little pain yet, but, I have to get use to it." She said beginning to walk. "I won't be able to defeat the Alangi King if I let this get to me."

    They watched her take a few steps before she stopped, holding onto her stomach. They rushed over to her. "Are you all right?" Kieto asked.

The townspeople had stopped what they were doing, watching Amy with concern and fear over Kieto‘s comment.

    "Let's go, Amy." Ninari said, wrapping an arm around her waist for support.

    "I'm fine." She said painfully through clenched teeth, wriggling out of her grasp.

    "You don't have a choice in this Amy." Ninari said looking over to Dieteru. "Can you take her back to her room?"

    "Let's go Amy." He said walking towards her.

    "No." She protested backing away from him.

    "I'll drag you if I must."

    "No, you won't." She said through clenched teeth, holding her arm out before her that the palm of her hand was on his chest, stopping him from coming any closer. She looked to Ninari. "I'm fine. I just don't see why you can't see that. I'm just fine." She looked to Dieteru, sweat beginning to drip down from her temples. He noticed the muscles in her arm begin to twitch as she struggled to hold it up. "I'm fine...I'm just...fine." Her voice wavered on the last few words as her knees buckled, causing her to fall forward.

    Gasps could be heard from the townspeople as they watched Amy fall, Dieteru catching her in his arms before she could hit the ground. He quickly scooped her up and headed to where she had been treated before with Ninari and Kieto at his heels.

    "God Dieteru, what's wrong with her?" Ninari asked, placing her hands over her mouth.

    "I don't know."

    "Well, she's going to be alright, isn't she?" Kieto asked from aside of him.

    "I don't know..." he answered, not bothering to look down at him. "But we have to get her to the doctor quick.”

 

    Amy stirred awake to find herself back in her room. She placed a hand onto her forehead. "Damn it. That shouldn't have happened."

    "I‘m surprised it didn‘t happen sooner."

    Amy snapped up from her bed, regretting it quickly as pain shot throughout her body. She placed a hand over her ribs, looking over in the direction the voice had come. It was the man who had treated her before; the town‘s doctor. He shook his head guiltily for making her jump. "I'm sorry to have startled you."

    Amy shook her head a little embarrassed. "No, I'm sorry." She looked up to him again. "So, what happened to me?"

    The doctor smiled as he came towards her. "You have an infection. A rather bad one at that."

    Amy swallowed. "Is that the reason I passed out?"

    "And the hot and cold flashes you undoubtedly been having." He looked at her sternly. "You have been having them I assume?"

    "You wouldn't believe me if I said no would you?"

    He laughed lightly at her comment as he came towards her. He took hold of her wrist, holding out her hand so that is was facing palm up. "This is for you." He pulled something from his pocket with his free hand placing it within her hand.

    It was a little brown bottle. She looked up to him confused. "What is this?"

    He began walking toward the door, stopping just before it. "It’s for the pain and will clear the infection." He smiled as he slid open the door. "You don't want to be too ill for the celebration do you?"

    "Celebration?" Amy questioned. "There's going to be a celebration?"

    "Of course. For when you defeat the Alangi King." He turned back to the door. "Sweet dreams dear girl." He said as he left the room, shutting the door behind him.

    Amy remained sitting up in her bed, staring at the pill bottle within her hand. She closed her eyes. “Too bad I won't be here for the celebration.”

    She set the bottle on the floor aside of the bed before lying back down. I won't be needing those. I won't be needing anything after this journey is over. She rolled over to her side, slowly so not to cause any more unwanted pain, thinking about the oncoming day. So tomorrow it is? Tomorrow's the day I die?

    She closed her eyes, tears forming behind her closed lids.  Well at least it won't be in vain.  She thought of her family and of the others she was with now.  "At least they'll be safe then."  She said aloud before drifting off to sleep.   



© 2008 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on May 30, 2008


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri