Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Sheri
"

Amy has it out with Dieteru...

"

    Amy stood within the room between Sagieta and this man named Dieteru with a bewildered expression planted upon her face. She wasn't sure what to think. Everyone else she had become acquainted with made such a fuss about who she actually was. But now, this man standing before her said he would rather die then except her help. She was completely caught off guard.

    "Now Dieteru, I know you don't mean that." Sagieta said in attempt to calm him down. "You yourself know what the prophecy says. ‘It shall be a person of human blood who will save us all’."

    "Don't be a fool High Elder. You yourself know how the humans reacted when the Alangi King attacked them. They’re cowards; weaklings at their best."

    Amy glared at the man standing before her. She tolerated Chris with his insults because he was her brother; that was until she finally snapped. There was no way she was going to let someone she didn't even know treat her that way. "Who the hell do you think you are?" She questioned, her teeth clenched tightly. "You have no right to judge me like that!"

    "How dare you speak to me like that?" The man yelled coming toward her.

    Sagieta stepped in front of Amy, stopping Dieteru in his tracks. "Enough, the both of you." She looked from Amy to the man. "She is our savior. We need her to go on this journey and defeat the Alangi King."

    "Humph. We'd be better off with him taking over."

    "Dieteru!" Sagieta yelled, startling Amy. She didn't think this old woman was capable of such rage.  "You yourself have seen with your own eyes what happened to the towns that have just given up. Do you really want Haroheito, your home, to fall under the same fate?"

    Dieteru remained silent for a moment, running a left hand through is short brown hair. "I'm sorry High Elder. I just get so angry when I think about what those humans have done to us."

    Amy narrowed her eyes. The Maraini were in our time too? What’s going on?

    "I understand that. But you mustn't take it out on Amy."

    Amy's attention quickly turned to Sagieta. "How do you know my name?"

    Dieteru let out what sounded like a low snort. "I can see humans haven’t gotten any brighter."

    "What's that suppose to mean?" Amy questioned glaring at him.

    "Enough!" Sagieta yelled silencing them both once more. She turned to Amy. "The spirits told me of your name. They told me all about you."

    Amy swallowed. "Then you know about my family."

    Sagieta nodded. "Yes, I do."

    There was another pause. "Will I ever be able to see them again?"

    "There is no real way of knowing."

    "I see..." She sighed, walking slowly toward the door.

    "Where are you going?" Dieteru asked spitefully. "Planning on running away?"

    "Where to?" Amy asked looking up into his hazel eyes. "I have no where to run."

    "Does that mean you'll stay here and go on the journey?" Sagieta asked hopefully.

    Amy didn't answer at first as she thought about her current predicament. "On one condition."

    "Yes anything."

    “You must train me on how to use my powers. Before I agree to anything, you must do this for me."

    "What? No way!" Dieteru yelled, turning to Sagieta. "She doesn't even know how to use those powers? How are we supposed to trust her with such a vital task? She'll just die in the process!"

    Amy rolled her eyes with a huff. "What's it matter to you? At least I'll be gone and away from you then!"

    Dieteru looked to the side with a shake of his head. "Just like a human to take the coward's way out; death is the only thing meant for cowards like you!"

    "That's it! I don't need to take this!" Amy yelled stomping out of the building. "Deal with this yourselves!"

    "Amy, wait!” Sagieta called, quickly following after her, stopping at the doorframe. "Please don't go! Our people need you! Your family needs you!"

    Amy stopped, mid-step on the path. My family? Is there really something I can do help them…She sighed not bothering to turn back towards the old woman pleading with her to stay. "Will you do this for me?"

    "Of course I will. You‘ll have no chance against that demon if I don‘t do so. Dieteru himself knows this." Sagieta said with a shake of her head. "Now please, come back inside. You need to get some rest.”

    Amy shook her head. "I'm too wound up." She began walking away. "Don't worry, I will be back. I just need to go for a walk."



© 2009 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha...when the elder was talking to Amy, she said "sweaty" instead of "sweetie". Sweaty...:)

...Funny misspellings aside, it was pretty good, :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Added on May 28, 2008
Last Updated on June 6, 2009


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri