Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Sheri
"

Amy wonders whether or not it was a good idea to run away from Ninari and Kieto when she encounters the reason why no one stays out after dark fall...

"

    Jumping over branches and crushing numerous twigs beneath her feet, Amy raced her way through the woods. Though she had already lost sight of Kieto and Ninari, she didn’t want to stop running. What if they were still chasing her? What if they finally catch up to her? What would they do to her then? She didn’t want to know those answers. If she wanted to get away from them for good, she had to keep moving, no matter what happened.

    Soon, the woods she had been running through came to an end and she came rushing out onto an open field, were there was nothing but a waning moon shining down on her. How long have I been running? Her heart was pounding relentlessly against her chest. I can't stop; I have to keep going- She took a few steps forward before falling to her knees, her breathing now erratic. No, I can't stop here!

    She looked upward to the moon, wiping sweat from her brow. There was nothing around her. Not even a single sound could be heard from within the forest. But she didn't think that was unusual considering she had just been running through them like a lunatic.

    She sighed. "What if they were really going to help me?" She asked herself aloud thinking of Ninari and Kieto again. "It's not like they threatened me or anything..." She looked to the ground, her breathing finally at its normal pace. "Well, it's too late now."

    Amy clasped a hand to her chest. An odd sensation had suddenly come over her, causing her heart to beat painfully within her chest. There was someone there, in the field with her now. She looked up and gasped as she saw a horrific creature standing before her. Jumping to her feet, she began to back away staring dreadfully into the creature's eerie, golden eyes.

    The creature was just that; a thing that could only be imaginable in the movies. Its skin was a deep red in color, almost scaly in texture, with green hair forming from the top of its head down its back almost as if it were a mane. Even though with the creature's beastly appearance, over its body was, what looked to be, man made armor. There where no sleeves to the attire but his arms were not completely bare as they were wrapped with a dull golden fabric. The creature's yellow eyes glistened in the light of the moon as he peered down on her sniffing at the air before him, bearing his sharp, carnivorous teeth.

    Amy instinctively backed away from the creature. Wh-what is this thing? With a surprising speed, the creature grabbed Amy by her shirt’s collar, lifting her a few feet from the ground. She desperately clawed at the creatures arms, trying to free herself from his grasp. "Let go of me!"

    "Amy!"

    She looked to her right to see Ninari and Kieto running towards her and the creature. Though, when they came close enough, the creature raised its free hand, swatting them away as if they were just meager flies.

    "No, Ninari! Ah! Kieto!" Amy gasped as the creature raised her higher into the air. This was a terrifying moment for her, one she could compare with no other.  She stared frightfully at the creature’s bloodstained teeth as he threw her down to the ground on her back.  Amy lay there, motionless, as the creature came towards her. It can't end like this...

    "Let her alone!" Screamed Ninari, who was already to her feet and charging the creature once again.

    The creature sneered, showing its carnivorous teeth again as he seized Ninari by the throat, lifting her into the air. "Looks like I’m having a rather large dinner tonight!” He growled in a low, husky voice.

    Amy stared up at the creature as he held Ninari up by her throat as if she were nothing but a rag doll. "Did that thing just talk?"

    The creature looked back down to Amy, paying no mind to Ninari as she squirmed against his grasp. "I could say the same to you, Maraini." It sniffed the air again and then dropped Ninari to the ground as something seemed to catch his attention. "No...Not Maraini. Something different. Something I haven't smelled in a long time." The creature quickly bent down, grabbing the collar of Amy's shirt again. He raised her off the ground pulling her close; smelling her shirt and skin. He released her once more, allowing her to fall painfully to the ground as he let out a hearty laugh. "So, You've finally came? The Angel of Black Wings?"

    "Angel of Black Wings?" Amy questioned the name the creature had given her.

    "Don't play dumb with me girl! You are the so called savior of the Maraini, here to kill our Alangi Leader!" The creature yelled irately taking as step toward her.

    She backed away, holding up her left hand, supporting herself with the other. "N-no! I wouldn't! I couldn't-”

    "Do you think I'm stupid?" The creature exclaimed, sniffing the air again. "That smell, that's stench...It's the undeniable smell of a human!"

    "You've said too much you Alangi Dog!" Ninari yelled from behind the creature.

    When the creature turned, Amy could see Ninari holding up a branch before her as a weapon. She waved it threateningly in front of her at the creature. "Back away from the girl!"

    The creature laughed at her with pure delight as he turned back to Amy, reaching for her. Ninari swung the branch as if it were a baseball bat, hitting the creature squarely on the back, breaking the branch in two. The creature didn't even wince as it laughed at Ninari‘s fruitless attempt to help Amy. He then turned quickly, swinging out his left arm, hitting Ninari on the side, causing her to fall back a few feet with a painful thud.

    "Ninari!" Amy cried but gasped as the creature turned its eerie gaze back on to her. She looked around desperately for help, but found none.

    Kieto was still out cold, and the creature had knocked Ninari too far away for her to help in time. She looked back up to the creature as it advanced on her. "Please!"

    The creature laughed again. "There's no sense in begging girl. But do scream all you like...I'm going to get a pretty penny for killing my lord's bounty hunter!" He raised his hand back to strike her, surely with enough force to kill her in an instant.

    "No!" Ninari yelled rushing over to her.

    "Die! Angel of Black Wings!" The creature roared, bringing down his hand, preparing to crush Amy's skull as he had so many times before.

    Amy's scream echoed through the night sky as she held her hands out before her, up onto the creature's chest. There was a bright flash of light as Amy was engulfed in darkness, streams of black light seemingly flowed from her shoulder blades in the from of black wings. The creature howled in pain as the brilliant light emitted from Amy's hands overcame him, leaving nothing but ash and charred bone.

    When the apparent threat was over, the darkness which hovered around her slowly faded into the surrounding darkness of the night as she stared down at her hands. She looked up to see Ninari standing a few paces away in mid step, as if time itself had stopped in the wake of Amy's unknown power.

    "I told you Ninari!" Kieto shrieked with joy, having seen the whole ordeal. He quickly rose to his feet. "The Priestess is among us! She has come to save us all!"

Amy had looked back down to her hands in awe, not acknowledging what Kieto had said. How did I...? She looked to the pile of ashes which had once been a horrific creature threatening to take her very life. "How could I?"

    Kieto was laughing purely out of relief. "Finally, we can get our revenge on that Alangi b*****d for making our lives such a living hell!”

    Ninari looked from Kieto to Amy. Could this girl really be our Priestess...our savior?

    Kieto rushed over to Amy. "Come on, we have to go to the High Elder right away!" He reached out to her, ready to help her stand.

    Amy backed away form Kieto's hand. "Please! Don't touch me! You might end up like that creature and I couldn't bear that!"

    Ninari rushed over to her as Kieto, lowered his hand. He felt it would be best to allow Ninari to speak with the girl. She was frightened, terrified was more like it, and she was alone. It would be best for Ninari to speak with her.

    Amy was looking back down to her hands as Ninari bent before her. "Don't worry about that, Amy. You won't hurt us with that power."

    Amy looked up at her with wide eyes. "How do you know? It just came out of no where! What if I kill one of you by mistake?" She cried fearfully. "I don't want to kill anyone!"

    "Hush." Ninari said, pulling Amy into a comforting embrace. "It's OK. You should definitely come with us now, Amy." Amy pushed away slightly, but before she could protest, Ninari cut her off. "Not only for us but for you as well. Listen, the High Elder knows all. She can explain to you on why you’re here and why you have those powers. She may even be able to help you control them if you ask her."

    That grabbed her attention. "Really? She can really help me with these powers?"

    "Of course!" Kieto said from behind Ninari. "She is the best! She's the one who knew you were coming.”

    "But, how is that possible?" Amy asked in doubt. "Is she the one who brought me here?"

    Ninari shook her head. "No. She just predicted the prophecy. 'The Angel of Black Wings shall hear our cries, and rid us of the Alangi Devil himself.'" She quoted looking to Amy with ultimate respect.

    "But, I don't think I can willingly kill someone.” She looked to the ashes. "Even if it is a creature such as that."

    There was a small silence as Ninari helped Amy stand. "Just come with us Amy. Allow the High Elder to explain what is going on. Then figure out what you wish to do. But Amy," She began her voice almost pleading. "At least consider completing the prophecy. You'll be saving countless lives if you do."

    Amy looked to the ground. What should she do? Should she go with them to this High Elder? They had saved her life in the beginning before her powers awoken allowing her to save herself from certain death. What should she do? Is there any other way?

    Amy looked back up into Ninari's eyes. "Which way to the High Elder?"



© 2008 Sheri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on May 23, 2008
Last Updated on May 23, 2008


Author

Sheri
Sheri

About
It has been a long time since I've been on this website. A lot of things keep happening but what are you going to do? I am fixing up one of my stories that is already on her and once that is finishe.. more..

Writing
Vanish Vanish

A Book by Sheri


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Sheri